Please present your excuses

Shari'a, errancies, miracles and science
Brendalee

Re: Please present your excuses

Post by Brendalee »

But, Iffo, there IS a genuine Quranic miracle!

It is a miracle that so many people can be so desperately frightened that they will BELIEVE such drivel.

peterpin

Post by peterpin »

The Quran has identified the sex of the worker ant.
No, it didn't.

The noun for ANY ant is female in arabic.

End of mystery.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

peterpin wrote:
No, it didn't.

End of mystery.
Correct, the Arabic word for "ants" is "NAML", plural.

The singular is "NAMLEE", and is always feminine. Ergo when referring to any ant, there is no option but to use the feminine gender.

I am astonished anyone can see even the remotest hint of a miracle in this silly little verse of a talking ant.
As Iffo noted, this is just pure Muslim desperation, sillier than the shooting stars hurled across the night sky to chase away the jinn.

I testify al-lah is not GOD, and Muhamad was a false prophet.

Peace

skynightblaze

Post by skynightblaze »

Brendalee wrote:Why does the all-knowing Allah think that ants live in individual holes like some apartment complex underground? They live in a colony all together. Why does the Quran say "homes" (plural)?
welcome back :) ! Although I am late in welcoming you, I did read your posts and obviously liked them. You are one of my favourite posters here. Hmm now coming back to the topic, if quran is saying that ants live in homes(plural) then we have one more error in the quran. Ants live together in a single colony so there are no homes (plural) I guess. :D
Brendalee wrote: How does a human HEAR an ant speaking? How does he know it is speaking? Does it speak a HUMAN language? Does the human think the ant must be female because it is small and has a high squeaky voice?
You have raised an interesting point. These people will claim science in the quran even if they find some infinitely small clue resembling the science however they are ready to abandon science when it conflicts with faith. In this case they will say Solomon heard the ants talking and it is a matter of belief in super natural things. So you see science holds true as long as it supports quran or else it is a matter of belief in supernatural things. The idea is to discourage scientific enquiry when it exposes the quran.

I personally believe that muslims are forcibly required to claim science in the quran because the content of quran is so pathetic that it cannot speak for itself and therefore they need to seek other ways to attract people to islam.

As far as second question is concerned, the author of quran was never ever a deep thinker. It is asking too much of him to think critically. He merely used the available word in the dictionary and who needs to think actually when you have enough of goofy people who would blindly believe whatever you say?? . Muhammad and his scribes or whoever wrote the quran was a SOLID TROLL.
Brendalee wrote: And there was NO separate Arabic word for a MALE ant. Ant is a female gender. Same for bees. No miracle at all.
That seals the issue. To refer to ants you need to use the arabic word naml and there is no choice and therefore no miracle.
Look around yourself and you'll find people with virtues are never required to demand respect since they automatically earn it. It is only those that are devoid of any virtues need to threaten and bully to gain respect. Needless to say that quran cannot be from God.

skynightblaze

Post by skynightblaze »

Here is an instance of what I said ....
Answering Christinity wrote: Confusing Miracles with Science
Read the Qur'an. This is associated with the miracle(s) given to Solomon. Would you say Jesus raising of the dead was scientifically sound? Or do you propose that this (refer to the verse below) is also "scientifically" wrong?

"I have come to you with a sign from your Lord: I make for you out of clay, as it were, a figure of a bird, and breathe into it and it becomes a bird by God's leave. And I heal the blind, and the lepers, and I raise the dead by God's leave." (Surah 3, Ayat 49)

Or do you propose that Moses'(peace be upon him) staff turning into a snake is "scientifically" wrong?

Don't confuse special miracles given to prophets with "scientific" proofs. A miracle, by definition, is something which human reasoning (culminated in science) can not explain, but which the human is made to feel awe at the power of God!
http://www.answering-christianity.com/quran/4101.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This ant talking is considered as a miracle. Well when I was a kid, I used to read stories like Panchatantra which used to describe about talking ants so I guess Panchatantra must be a work of God .A lot of such fairytales prevail in every culture and quran is no different.
Look around yourself and you'll find people with virtues are never required to demand respect since they automatically earn it. It is only those that are devoid of any virtues need to threaten and bully to gain respect. Needless to say that quran cannot be from God.

Brendalee

Post by Brendalee »

In this case they will say Solomon heard the ants talking...
Sure, it is a small matter for Allah to give the ant a Marshall amplifier, a microphone(with hands to grasp it), electric outlets to plug them in, a tongue capable of "speech" and HUGE VOCAL CORDS! :D

Thanks for the very warm welcome back, my friend. Typing has become a bit of a difficult skill for me (as IF I were not ALWAYS a wretched typist...); but I have been round for the periodic lurk or so...Even when I do not post, I do check in from time to time.

Brendalee

Post by Brendalee »

Sigma wrote:
peterpin wrote:
No, it didn't.

End of mystery.
Correct, the Arabic word for "ants" is "NAML", plural.

The singular is "NAMLEE", and is always feminine. Ergo when referring to any ant, there is no option but to use the feminine gender.

I am astonished anyone can see even the remotest hint of a miracle in this silly little verse of a talking ant.
As Iffo noted, this is just pure Muslim desperation, sillier than the shooting stars hurled across the night sky to chase away the jinn.

I testify al-lah is not GOD, and Muhamad was a false prophet.

Peace
WELCOME, SIGMA! EXCELLENT! :*)

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Brendalee wrote:WELCOME, SIGMA!
Cheers

enceladus

Post by enceladus »

Sigma wrote:
Brendalee wrote:WELCOME, SIGMA!
Cheers
Welcome from me as well. Good to have you here!
- enceladus

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

enceladus wrote:Welcome from me as well. Good to have you here!
- enceladus
Thank you

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

One doesn't have to accept that the Caliph Omar was responsible for the burning of the great library of Alexandria, to accept that Muslims of his time believed what he's supposed to have said:
The Caliph has been quoted as saying of the Library's holdings, "they will either contradict the Koran, in which case they are heresy, or they will agree with it, so they are superfluous."
Where this attitude still holds, it becomes necessary to artificially expand the Koran to include things now known which were not known at the time of its writing. If such claims can be dressed up as miracles or divine omniscience, so much the better for their delusions.

But that's about so-called Koranic "science". Talking ants are just a fairly story... as was known by the Jews who passed it on to Mohammed. Oh how they must have laughed, when he wrote it down as if it were true!
‘Hindus and Muslims belong to two different religious philosophies, social customs and literary traditions. They neither intermarry nor eat together, and indeed they belong to two different civilisations which are based mainly on conflicting ideas and conceptions.’ Muhammad Ali Jinnah

piscohot

Post by piscohot »

Makeen wrote:Hi

Can all non believers please comment on the following verse:

"18. Till, when they came to the valley of the ants, one of the ants said: "O ants! Enter your dwellings, lest Sulaiman (Solomon) and his hosts crush you, while they perceive not."

truly a miracle:
Aside from Solomon being able to understand ant languag (i can imagine Solomon now, with large antennae on his head),
not only an ant can warn its fellow ants to enter their houses, it actually recognize and know Solomon(even though likely it was seeing Solomon for the first time).

:lol: only miracle here i see is how the quran can fool people into believing this.
Communication
Ants communicate with each other using pheromones.[59] These chemical signals are more developed in ants than in other hymenopteran groups. Like other insects, ants perceive smells with their long, thin and mobile antennae. The paired antennae provide information about the direction and intensity of scents. Since most ants live on the ground, they use the soil surface to leave pheromone trails that can be followed by other ants.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ant#Communication
Quran miracle (16:69) : Bees eat ALL fruits
Quran miracle (27:18) : an ant SAID, "O ants, enter your dwellings that you not be crushed by Solomon and his soldiers while they perceive not."

marduk

Post by marduk »

What's so miraculous about Muhammad knowing about Proverbs 6? Are you suggesting that the Quran came before Proverbs? Obviously, Muhammad was well versed on everything written in the Judaic scriptures about Solomon and that's exactly where he got the idea to discuss ants at all. Did you think he just thought of talking about ants out of thin air? Think about it. Muhammad was discussing Solomon. Proverbs was supposedly written by Solomon. Could Muhammad have contradicted Solomon and said that ants are male? While this knowledge of ant sex may help to prove that Solomon was the wisest man on earth and knew all things, it only proves that Muhammad was good at copying the Jewish scriptures, not that great a talent.

So there, I presented my excuse, as your thread requested. Next.
Proverbs 6:
6 Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:
7 which having no guide, overseer, or ruler,
8 provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.