The Quran and the Jews

Shari'a, errancies, miracles and science
antineoETC

The Quran and the Jews

Post by antineoETC »

Robert Spencer frequently preambles his articles with the following observation:

the Qur’an depicts the Jews as inveterately evil and bent on destroying the well-being of the Muslims. They are the strongest of all people in enmity toward the Muslims (5:82); they fabricate things and falsely ascribe them to Allah (2:79; 3:75, 3:181); they claim that Allah’s power is limited (5:64); they love to listen to lies (5:41); they disobey Allah and never observe his commands (5:13). They are disputing and quarreling (2:247); hiding the truth and misleading people (3:78); staging rebellion against the prophets and rejecting their guidance (2:55); being hypocritical (2:14, 2:44); giving preference to their own interests over the teachings of Muhammad (2:87); wishing evil for people and trying to mislead them (2:109); feeling pain when others are happy or fortunate (3:120); being arrogant about their being Allah’s beloved people (5:18); devouring people’s wealth by subterfuge (4:161); slandering the true religion and being cursed by Allah (4:46); killing the prophets (2:61); being merciless and heartless (2:74); never keeping their promises or fulfilling their words (2:100); being unrestrained in committing sins (5:79); being cowardly (59:13-14); being miserly (4:53); being transformed into apes and pigs for breaking the Sabbath (2:63-65; 5:59-60; 7:166); and more. They are under Allah’s curse (9:30), and Muslims should wage war against them and subjugate them under Islamic hegemony (9:29).

It could, however, and indeed (a quick google reveals) HAS and WILL be argued by Islam apologists that this Koranic invective (and incitement to violence) against the Jews refers only to certain Jews at the time these words were first spoken c1400 years ago and not to all Jews for all time. On the basis of this premise, it follows that Muslims who are led by these anti-Jewish words of the Koran to harbour hatred and hostility to present-day Jews are misguided, as are those non-Muslims who refer to them to claim that Islam is an inherently and irredeemably anti-Semitic religion.
"Prophet Muhammad...bought, sold, captured, and owned slaves" SOURCE: BBC website
"Muhammad is considered to be a perfect model" SOURCE: BBC website

Hombre

Re: The Quran and the Jews

Post by Hombre »

This ugly phenomenon can be explained only in simple terms.
Having borrowed most of its biblical stories from the Jews own holy book, the HB remains as vivid testimony of the Quran's lack of originality. The only way Islamists know how to render the Quran as "word of Allah" is an attempt to eliminate the original copy - namely the Hebrew Bible & smear the Jews.

Much like any criminal - remove the witness & your story will prevail as the true & only evidence out there.

If we examine the way the Quran was formed and the timing of its final compilation - coupled with testimonies from Muhammad's own scribes like Abdullah bin Sa'ad Iben Sarh who admitted to have inserted his own words to make the surah sound more poetic. By the fact the entire 6630 verses went through 4 generations & 80 years after Muhammad's death explain the authenticity of this manuscript.
Given these facts, it is impossible to believe that the entire Quran is the same copy as dictated by Muhammad himself.

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

never keeping their promises or fulfilling their words (2:100);
https://www.hotstar.com/in/tv/mahabhara ... 1000103099

Now , I have been reading and seeing the Mahabharath right from my childhood.But never have I seen Draupadi being called upon to fulfill her duties as a slave.O.K,let us assume that really did exist.

I have also known the Mahabharath right from my childhood as having preached to people to tell half-truths in case of exigencies.However, to the best of my knowledge,never did it urge people to break their promises.However in the above version of Mahabharath funded by foreign media ,they said it is o.k to break your promises in case you have to defend righteousness.Now what exactly constitutes righteousness on the other hand varies from person to person,from tribe to tribe,from nation to nation,from religion to religion etc.

So it is nothing new if the Jews break the promises they made to Gentiles.
palli or halli in Dravidian languages means a village just like gaav in Aryan languages means a village.palli or halli in Aryan Mauryan Imperial era around 200 B.C designates a tribal hamlet.So many of those in South India are indeed descendants of tribals and are still keeping up that heritage.

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

And the institution of slavery came to an end because most people intensely dislike them being dictated each and every aspect of their life by others.Many slaves used to commit suicide.So the institution of family came to take its place for the sake of smooth functioning of the society.You mean to say Hindus got rid of a lot of the institution of slavery right after the Mauryan period without even knowing this basic fact?
palli or halli in Dravidian languages means a village just like gaav in Aryan languages means a village.palli or halli in Aryan Mauryan Imperial era around 200 B.C designates a tribal hamlet.So many of those in South India are indeed descendants of tribals and are still keeping up that heritage.

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

Vishal Saboo was a Marwari friend of mine in my childhood.One when a quiz was being conducted in the classroom,he asked me what question I was going to ask in the classroom.I told him,but asked him to keep it a secret.He,however did not keep up his word and then laughed mockingly at me.So when you do it for the sake of minor sadistic pleasure ,you will definitely do it when you are waging a war to defend your own nation.

Hombre

Post by Hombre »

what promise Jews made to Gentiles & broke them.?

The rest of your posts is not pertinent to the topic here & should be ignored.

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

Hombre wrote:what promise Jews made to Gentiles & broke them.?

The rest of your posts is not pertinent to the topic here & should be ignored.
Before the outbreak of one of the Arab Jewish wars,U.S diplomats promised or assured Egypt that they will see to it that Israel does not attack first.But all of a sudden,in surprise lightning attacks,Israel completely destroyed off of all of the grounded war planes Egypt had in its air bases.Now, in those periods there were top U.S diplomats such Henry Kissinger who were Jewish by religion or ethnicity.

Jews supposedly form an important section of the American elite.So, if Jews have indeed given such an assurance on behalf of the U.S,then they had indeed gone back on their promise. Afterall everything is o.k in war and love ,as they say in English.

Hombre

Post by Hombre »

Nosuperstition wrote:Before the outbreak of one of the Arab Jewish wars,U.S diplomats promised or assured Egypt that they will see to it that Israel does not attack first.But all of a sudden,in surprise lightning attacks,Israel completely destroyed off of all of the grounded war planes Egypt had in its air bases.Now, in those periods there were top U.S diplomats such Henry Kissinger who were Jewish by religion or ethnicity.

Jews supposedly form an important section of the American elite.So, if Jews have indeed given such an assurance on behalf of the U.S,then they had indeed gone back on their promise. Afterall everything is o.k in war and love ,as they say in English.
Your are referring to the six-days war 1967. Israel did attacked only after the late schmuck Nasser positioned heavy artillery on the tip of Sinai (Sharm-el-shaikh) & blocked shipping lanes on the Red Sea to & from Israel.

That was a clear act of war & Israel had to respond with its own preemptive strike.
Since it was during Linden Johnson's administration - Henry Kissinger a Republican was not serving in that Administration