Shari'a, errancies, miracles and science
The Cat wrote:
In the old forum, a very interesting debate between Cassandra (Cassie) & Reletomp over that 'Samaritan' (the SMR root) question...http://www.faithfreedom.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53462What it does say to me is that the Koran might have been written in a Samaritan milieu,
far from its alleged conception!
So according to The Cat "Koran might have been written in a Samaritan milieu"
So..So how do you put that along with present Islamic history of Allah alleged revelation and Prophet Muhammad/Jibrīl Chit chat which becomes Quran The Cat??
You mean to say the book Quran you see now is not from Allah/Jibril/Muhammad??
What are you trying to do in FFI The Cat?? Are you confusing Muslim folk??
- Posts: 6369
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:17 pm
What are you trying to do in FFI The Cat?? Are you confusing Muslim folk??
I think what the cat is trying to do is to show that quran is a continuation of the torah and the bible. He would like to put the three at the same level - torah, bible, quran. That is why he works so hard to try and reject hadiths, prove that "obeying the messengers" includes the biblical prophets and that the quran teaches the same thing that the bible and torah do.
Invariably he gets stumped when he comes across verses such as mo lusting for his daughter in law which is not in previous scriptures or mo trying to control his harem (instructions which are also missed in the bible and torah), but he still works very hard to spin quranic words to prove whatever he wishes it to prove (logically or otherwise)
- Posts: 464
- Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:16 pm
SURAH 11 HOOD-The guided leader
This Surah is named using word HOOD from root HAA, WOW and DAAL. Concrete meaning of this root is a rock that becomes uncovered or visible by itself and it is then used as a landmark by people to find their way in the land. A person who learns oneself and becomes visible to community as learned person and to whom then community looks for help to learn and do things. A guided leader. Other meanings of this root are a person belonging to Jewish community, a learned person, a person who stops doing wrong things and reforms, a person who mends his/her ways, a person who gets involved in things, a person who always has tendency toward reconciliation in case of a dispute, a person who does things gently but solemnly, a person who sings, a person who intoxicates etc etc.
Like previous Surah this Surah is not named HOOD because it is name of a prophet but because it deals with subject matter that is related to the name given to this Surah. This Surah is mainly about guidance ie what is guidance, why it is needed for people, where it comes from, how it reaches people and how people guide each other and how divine guidance plays its part in life of mankind. After making clear that the Quran cannot be from other than God, the Quran starts bringing stories of past people to inform people what happened to those followed the Godly advice and what happened to those who did not and why it will continue happening always for all people to come. Not only why things happened but also how they happened. The set-up universal system and laws are explained for mankind to observe and live by so that mankind save themselves from unnecessary hardships and troubles. It is made clear that keeping an eye at nature as to how it works man can plan his life very nicely eg people can become aware when to plant seeds and when they will be ready for them and what problems can occur and how to overcome them etc etc. The Quran keeps emphasising need for self awareness and awareness of local, national and international, global and even universal environment. The Quran is very scientific and technical in its teachings as well as very much about politics and economics.
Proclaim! In the name of Allah, the provider of psychological, sociological and biological needs of mankind,
1) Alif Laam Raa. This is a constitution articles of which are permanent and made distinct by the One Who rules this kingdom wisely whereby He makes mankind aware of His sovereignty,
This verse explains very clearly that the Quran is not a religious scripture but a divine constitution for mankind to abide by forever. Its articles or clauses are lasting and firmly founded ie it is not possible for mankind to come up with anything like the Quran. The reason is because it provides mankind permanent and durable basis to find their community upon and keep building on that solid foundation. If they do that, they are guaranteed peaceful, progressive and prosperous life forever. However people are given the ability to choose so they can go their own ways they like but consequences have been fully explained for doing that. Going their own way only means mankind finding their ways of life upon nonsense unstable foundations that lead them to self destruction in due course.
2) therefore declare allegiance of sovereignty to none other than Allah. I am from Him to you the mankind a warner and a bearer of program for peace, progress and prosperity.
This verse advises mankind not to set-up or take any other ruler than Allah. When a person declares there is no ruler save Allah and Muhammad is his messenger, it binds that person to prove that declaration true by deeds ie by abiding by program, constitution and law of Allah. If one declares that I accept no ruler other than Allah and then lives by rule of any other than Allah that means one is not living up to one’s words or one is not true to one’s commitment to that one has declared. When there are contradictions in words and deeds of people the Quran declared them MUNAFIQEEN. Munafiqeen are such people who say one thing and do another and the Quran declared them munafiqeen because they declare commitment to the Quranic way of life yet live in opposition to its instructions or injunctions. The problem with that kind of living is that one can never achieve peaceful, progressive and prosperous life because one fails to bring about a community that is needed for having peaceful, progressive and prosperous life. Community cannot come about if people say one thing to each other and do another because this kind of life gives rise to all sorts of deceptions among people which brings about mistrust, distrust and suspicions leading to all sorts of destabilising factors.
3) Therefore you should seek protection of your Creator and Sustainer against all sorts of poverty by turning to His guidance so that He grants you beneficial provision and sustenance until an appointed time as per His set-up system and universal laws. That is how He bestows His abound provision and sustenance on every people who work for it. However should you ignore this program then I fear for you a very long period of time that will be full of painful suffering.
This verse tells mankind the fact that building a decent human society is not an easy task at all. If certain precepts are not given vital importance in lives of people then human will have to suffer for a very long time before it learns from its mistakes and changes its direction. The very first verse of the Quran tells mankind that Allah has provided all that humans need for building a good human society including his roadmap. Failing to make proper use of divine revelation, manpower and resources is not going to help humanity prosper instead the gap between where people take themselves and where they ought to be will become very large with time till they have reached dead end and then start their journey back.
4) No matter what in the end you the mankind will turn to roadmap of Allah because He has set-up system and laws for governing everything including program for regulating human life.
Human life is also regulated along with other things but in two different ways a)naturally ie natural processes and laws are at work and b)mankind are also given laws to regulate themselves accordingly. This guidance tells people very clearly that they have a creator to whom belongs everything and they should learn about things and use the provided things properly so that they do not end up in problems unnecessarily. This is why the more people become aware of things the better they become at using them but they need guidance for proper use of things because due to misuse of things humanity suffer a lot of setbacks.
5) Although you make clear for the masses what things are and how things work, be aware that rulers, their priests and moneylenders will still twist things for them due to their twisted mindset, attitude and behaviour so that they could hide the true sense of things from the masses so that they could keep their make beliefs alive in masses for their personal gains. However even when the leading elite think they have covered up scriptural truths fully with their invented make beliefs to prevent masses from knowing things properly yet Allah makes the truth manifest for all to see regarding that which they hide and that which they disclose in order to confuse people. Indeed He exposes every secret within their minds through results of their own actions.
This verse is disclosing the fact that some among the people twist things in order to deliberately cause confusion. Their motive is discussed in the next verse ie to control land, its resources, means of production and distribution. However it is made clear that if people learn then even in what these people have tried to cover up will become visible to them. IT is because truth has its ways to shine through if one has the eyes to see it. As explained already all priests of all religion have covered up the divine message by twisting scriptures in to religious books for personal faith and salvation yet if one looks in the twisted translations and interpretations of the scriptures one cannot remain blind to the fact that all scriptures worth the name have instructions that are for founding a good human community. Which proves the point that scriptures do not teach personal faith and salvation but good life for all through a well organised and a well regulated human community. Likewise people themselves can observe at macro and micro level how things work based on cause and effect principle. So all make belief ideas are false and people with little bit use of brain can see all this themselves. People will find that the whole universe is a systematic unit and involves processes and mechanisms. It is automated thing and that is the way it had to be because God wanted man to learn things through self experience like a self programming robot at a very high level. God did this to be appreciated as a great designer, creator, provider and sustainer. This is why God created man knowing nothing with a very powerful brain and senses to make sense of universe and revelation and discover his own full potential in order to appreciate God.
God did not create man for test but for struggle from simple state of existence to the most sophisticated state of existence. This is very much obvious from his of humanity ie is man living today as ignorant as he was right at the start? Is he where he was in the beginning, if not why not? Worshipping ritualism needs no much sense even a kid can do all that but living a life well organised and well regulated needs a lot of use of brain power. This very clearly knocks out religious reasons for human creation by God. God created man for reasons of DEEN for accomplishing great tasks using his self learned creativity to show what God has created in form of a human being. So twisting of scriptural texts to tilt them towards religious make beliefs by priests is very clearly evident. The other point is very simple ie the motivation. It is because by fooling masses some people can grab their things the while they busy doing something else and not paying attention to things they should pay attention to. If one wants to steal your things he will try to direct your attention elsewhere so that he gets the opportunity to nick your things. That is how adults fool kids when playing games with them. How can grown up people be so stupid that they let fellow human beings fool them so easily in the name of God, religion and scriptures especially when scriptures themselves expose these con artists? Every scripture including the Quran tells people look out for con artists who will try all they can to con you by fooling you. So people must learn things to the level that they help them stay safe from the imposters. Likewise this verse tells people at large be careful because there are people who help you know things properly but there are also people who are satans who twist everything to fool you to dispossess you of your God given rights to provisions. They hide what they should tell you because it is beneficial for you and tell you what they should not because that is harmful for you.
6) There is not a living being or a moving creature in the world for whom Allah is not responsible for its provision and sustenance but that He enables it to know its way to get to its provision on time because that is the way to its survival. It is all systematic and according to universal laws.
This verse explains the fact that Allah is creator and sustainer of all that exists but he has put in place systems, processes, mechanisms and laws according to which all is supposed to happen automatically. As for human beings they are also given books in which they are told to go by the book and you will do fine otherwise suffer the consequences don’t complain because it is mainly all you own fault if you do not educate yourselves and do as taught by the book. What does the book tell us? It tells us to come together to form a community, organise properly and regulate community well and get on with whatever you need to do for having peaceful, progressive and prosperous life as a human family. What does humanity need to do? It needs to find out what it needs and wants and why then explore the existing world to see where it can get things from and how it can get them etc etc. If more than half of the world is starving it is not because there are no enough things in the world or world is not able to provide for human needs but because we are busy reproducing to kill and maim each other instead of using each and every person available to get the job done. So long as we stop so many people from education and education based work and then pick fights with each other and that way waste our manpower and resources then is there any wonder we are not getting anywhere? Who is to blame for all this carry on? This is why all societies based on personal gains of individuals at the expense of community spirit are dangerous because that leads mankind to harmful and destructive mindset, attitude and behaviour. This is the main problem with mindsets, attitudes and behaviours of rulers, priests and moneylenders and their supporters. This is why true scriptural foundation needs to be found out to base our human community upon and then get on with life to make it better for all.
This verse explains evolutionary mechanism for survival ie in order to survive things must learn to get what they need in time from wherever they need to get from. If they fail then that is the end of them. Not only that but as people fail to get what they need things will become less and less and then things will end up fighting over them. This is particularly an important point in case of human beings that they have been given a great brain to use for this purpose. If instead they misuse it then consequences are going to be terrible every time. So why misuse something to our own demise than properly using it to reach a life of dignity? This verse leaves in no doubt that life is a tough struggle for mankind and so long as they do things as told they will keep rising from stage to stage or strength to strength but as soon as they become stagnant things will stop and then start rolling backwards and regression can takeover. This is the real message of this verse that keep moving with time or you will live to regret it.
7) That level of designer and creator is He Who brought about - by means of planning and putting in place systems, processes, mechanism and laws - all the galaxies including this galaxy in regressively assimilated periods of time and His ability of creating all this kingdom of universe rested upon the fountain of knowledge, in order to put you the mankind through struggle to demonstrate to each other which of you works for the benefit of each other to rise through ranks of dignity to appreciate your Creator and Sustainer through understanding His work. However when you tell them that due to this program by understanding and using it properly you the people will indeed be raised to heights of dignity after you have lost the hope, the opponents of this program will certainly say, this is nothing but a fantasy and a false hope.
This verse like many other verses is using words SITTATI AYYAAM. Word SITTAH is usually translated as number six but it also has other meanings as well eg it means two things joined in such a way that on one end they are same but very different at the other end. If we take a linear graph or a ramp and imagine it is cut into sections then if we can see how at the cut one side is going downwards and the other upwards. The very point at which one section ends and the other starts is called sittah. So in these like verses the Quran is telling us very clearly the evolutionary stages of the universe. Not necessarily just six stages but consistent and constant stages one after the other. It is like a main process with lots of embedded processes in it. It is as if one process completes and another starts and so it continues. So universe is constantly running nonstop and these stages or processes just come and go at their own time and in their own way.
8) However through this knowledge when We move away from them the harm and destruction they inflict upon each other for a limited period of time, they surely ask, what is holding it back? Beware! The day it arrives nothing holds it back from them and they are completely encircled by that which they take for a joke.
The way the system is set to work according to laws of nature, it keeps people safe so long as they go by the divine book but as they fall away from that, things take their natural course. When people stop living by the book the unity and compassion between them turns to rivalry and animosity and cruelty and hatred and gradually in due course people reach their lowest. This is not punishment from God, it is result of what people are told not to do. They were told not to live this way because it will cause them problems. Fire is created for benefit of mankind but if they will misuse it, they will get harmed. Just because God created things does not mean you must misuse them and get harmed by them. People have invented knife, gun and car etc but they did it for the benefit of people. If some misuse these things then is that fault of inventers or users? Only foolish people take a serious good advice for a joke. It does not mean advice is necessarily laughable but it could mean people have no sense to understand it.
9) The fact is when We let mankind taste prosperity due to following Our program thereafter in due course We find mankind caught up in hardship due to moving away from Our guidance. Surely it is due to mankind not using Our provisions properly.
10) And if We let mankind taste any prosperity again due to coming back to Our program after adversity has afflicted the mankind, the mankind claims, all its sorrows are gone because of its own efforts and in due course mankind become intoxicated due to power and rebel against Our guidance.
In these verses mindset, attitude and behaviour of certain people from among mankind is explained that these people when suffer due to their own actions against divine advice they blame God but when they succeed in life they claim all credit for themselves as individuals, not thinking of who has contributed to their this success and how. This lack of sense then misleads them and instead of they too contributing back to society sensibly cause problems by trying to undermine others. As they get a bit of dominance over others they become arrogant and treat other human beings with contempt and put in place divide as masters and slaves. However, not all people are like that rather some people take things differently and try to inform and educate others. So this becomes a struggle between constructive and destructive elements in human society. Since being constructive is a much more difficult task so human society remains stuck in rut for a very long time and gets deeper and deeper in trouble till it finally decides to listen to some sensible voice which then puts is back on track. It does not take very long before human society falls down again but each fall and rise results in more lessons being learned by humanity and this process will continue till mankind have learned enough to guard against coming about of destructive elements. Once humanity succeeds in doing that then the only way will be full speed ahead. As the Quran says, our mistakes do not damage us because we learn from our mistakes but dwelling on those mistakes and making them a way of life is what sets human back.
11) save such as remain steadfast in their hard works for reconciliation between mankind and between mankind and resources for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind such are the ones for whom is secure and dignified life as a result of their own constant and consistent works according to plan.
The Quranic wording is not possible to translate word for word because there are no words that can express the very same message in other languages. It is all an exercise to translate the message rather than the word and that is also not easy because each and every verse uses words in such a way that same verse leads us to parallel concepts that make perfect sense eg take words SABAROO and SAALIHAAT. SABAROO is not only about showing patience when things are out of one’s control but also about showing steadfastness when taking action. SALIHAAT is not only about reconciliation or repairing broken relationships among mankind but taking such actions that benefit or make things work ie it involves sense of coming up with ideas, procedures and practices that lead mankind somewhere in sense of progress. It is as if Quran is telling us good people are those who are inventive ie those who come up with new ideas and invent things for benefit of mankind. Putting these meaning of these words side by side with what mullahs have been feeding masses the contrast is self evident. Mullahs have turned people lazy and crazy instead lively and inventive. Creativity is key foundation according to the Quran and the very purpose of human creation yet this is what mullahs forbid. How did they manage to fool masses so much?
12) So O messenger, you should never think about giving up any of this program which has been revealed to you or feel defeated within yourself just because the opponents of this program may say, why has he not been sent with a treasure or why has he not been sent with a person with power over people? Surely you have not been sent to conquer people by shear use of force instead you have been sent with a message to educate and forewarn people against inflicting harm and destruction upon each other, so that they become fully aware that Allah deals with all affairs as per His plan according to His set-up system and laws.
This verse makes it clear for those on missionary work that in this task there lie ahead tough times and difficulties so they should prepare themselves mentally and physically for all eventualities to be able to deal with them as they come effectively but properly. People who have not prepared themselves cannot fulfil conditions of missionary task properly. In short unprepared people could cause more harm to the Quranic mission and humanity than benefit.
13) Do they say, he has created this program himself to fool mankind? Say to them, bring then a program like this for bringing about such a human community by yourselves and invite all those you can to help you do this other than Allah and see if you can prove your this claim true.
This challenge is repeated in the Quran and if we look at the state in which we find humanity, it is very clear why such a program cannot be from mankind themselves. If people were so clever then they would not be doing the stupid things to each other as they do and the world would have been a great place but it is not. People are so jealous of each other and rivalry is so rampant among people that animosity and hatred is order of the day. After all who are we making the weapons of mass destruction for? Why are we hiding all kinds of things from each other and why do we spy on each other to find out what we have in our secret cupboards? Why we have copyright on information as intellectual property and our inventions patent catalogued? We claim we have human rights laws yet we do not help people suffering from diseases and poverty. Instead of getting busy creating opportunities for each other to contribute to human society we are busy plotting and executing those pots in order to deliver knockout blows to each other. Keeping all this in mind, who has the time or money to write books and spend time to to help educate others unless one truly accepts existence of God and goodwill towards humanity? Why otherwise anyone rather be sacrificial goal? People with harmful and destructive mindset, attitude and behaviour due to damaging ambitions and desires cannot be expected to do things for the benefit of mankind. If humanity has this kind of personality because in their view if they do not then they cannot survive in this dog eat dog world then who is going to waste his time in trying to get people out of this mindset, attitude and behaviour? If people have this mindset, attitude and behaviour, why the hell anyone will bother writing a book that tells people to change their way of life 180 degrees? Why would anyone write a book that nobody wants? There are a lot of questions that people need to think about before they can really say scriptures are not divine in their origins. In other words it is not going to be easy even if not impossible to prove the Quran is a human work and that is because of its program for mankind to implement as a goal according to set guidelines.
Any book written by people ought further human ambitions which are anti Quran. Even rulers, their priests and moneylenders had to bend scriptural teachings by force to fool ignorant and uneducated people to get them to do their dirty works. Evil done by humanity is so obvious that anything good that came out of it seems merely by product. It is because if humanity has been doing good then evil as by product could not have damaged the human mind, attitude and behaviour so badly as we all witness it everywhere round the globe. Word ASHAR not only means ten in count but also a community based way of life. Word SUWARIN is plural of SOOR. It means a protective wall around a fort or a castle. In the Quranic context it means ways of life that gives human communities security. It could also mean ten suras like the suras of the Quran. The ideas is again not just text but a text when it is acted upon results in true human community because that is the message contained in the suras of the Quran.
14) But if they fail to respond to this challenge then mankind should come to know that this Quran was sent for making evident program of Allah for them so that they come to know that there is no ruler of this universe save Him. Will you the mankind then submit to program of Allah and live by this way of life that leads to peace, progress and prosperity?
15) Those who go for a way of life that helps them make personal gains at the expense a of way of life based on community spirit, We reward them with full results of their actions without any loss.
All things get what they work for including humans but it is better if people live by way of life as told by the Quran ie having community spirit rather than living on the basis of personal gain at the expense of community spirit. The problem with life based on personal gain is that in the end rivalry leads to animosity and hatred and fights and wars and so end result is not any good for anyone.
In the Quran words HAYATUDDUNYAA does not mean life of this world but life lived at lower level ie living like animals having no sense of higher life. Lower life is living for oneself and higher life means living for others. This is why living for oneself does not and cannot bring self respect and good life whereas living for others brings good life and self respect both. This is why end results of two ways of living are very different from each other. However most of the mankind live a very confused life.
16) They are the ones who have nothing to gain in the end save painful suffering whereby they come to know their greed and make belief based actions were wrong because they were harmful and destructive for others as well as themselves.
17) Can they be same as those who have self evident program from their Creator and Sustainer and to whom a messenger from Himself proclaims and they also have the book given to Moses before them a guidance towards blissful life? Such are the people who really commit to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind due to the scripture but those factions who oppose Our guidance will have their promise fulfilled to them that they shall end up in agonising life. So O people, be not in any doubt about the Quranic program because it is the provable truth from your Creator and Sustainer even though most of the mankind do not commit themselves to working for peace, progress and prosperity according to it,
This verse tells us that people who claim to be committed to working according to the scripture may not be actually doing that if their words do not match their deeds, which means their verbal commitment cannot be taken seriously.
18) and who can inflict more harm and destruction upon mankind than the one who invents lies and attributes them to Allah? Such people in time will be confronted by those with understanding of program of their Creator and Sustainer thereby they will prove that these are the people who have invented lies against Allah their Creator and Sustainer. Be aware! Those who go beyond set limits of Allah remain away from blessings of blissful program of Allah unless they stop and get themselves on the right path.
19) Such are the people who hinder others from the path of Allah and seek to make it obscure because they deny the masses the blissful life that could come about due to Our program.
20) These people cannot prevent Our program from reaching the mankind throughout the world ultimately because there will be none to support them against the plan of Allah. So people who support their plots for now are putting mankind through painful suffering repeatedly because they support not those who stand for what is beneficial for mankind or stand themselves for that because they have no sense to observe things properly nor have they learned to use their minds to understand things properly.
21) They are a people self centred and lost in their own selves and the nonsense they invent against Our guidance leaves them in utterly confused and in chaos.
22) There can be no doubt therefore they are bound to lose in the end.
In these verses Allah leaves people in no doubt that his program will reach mankind ultimately through mankind themselves and opposition to will fade away as education takes root among mankind and people realises need for divine guidance. It is obvious that as more and more people will come to right path less and less people will remain on the wrong road so opposition to message of God will ultimately fade away. The bigger the effort people make in helping each other educate themselves the sooner this period of darkness will disappear.
23) As for those who commit to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind therefore strive very hard for reconciliation between mankind and between mankind and resources to implement program of their Creator and Sustainer for peace and prosperity of mankind will ultimately end up in blissful life for as long as they are alive and steadfast.
24) The example of these two sections of people is like two persons, one of whom is blind and deaf, and the other who can see and hear. Are they equal? Will you then not learn to understand the lesson?
When the Quran uses certain words they need to be understood in sense of the message they convey. Here words blind and deaf tells us about a person who lacks sense to understand things as well as to observe things properly and both of these are needed to reach proper understanding of thin g or right decisions about issues. The seeing and hearing means being able to understand and observe things properly so that one is able to decide things properly or deal with problems appropriately. This seeing is with eyes of mind not eyes on the face.
25) That is why We sent Noah to his people saying, I have come from Allah to warn you plainly,
26) take no ruler other than Allah so you do not remain a divided people one group set against the other otherwise I fear for you the consequences of a painful day of uprising.
27) The chiefs of his people said, we do not see you but a man like ourselves and we see that no one has followed you except the meanest among us whose judgement abilities are immature and we find nothing in you which gives you superiority over us. In fact we think you are a liar.
28) He said, O my people, consider this that if I am upon a clear guidance from my Creator and Sustainer and He has bestowed on me a program for your peace, progress and prosperity from Himself but you act like blind to it, should we then compel you to accept it when you abhor it?
29) O my people! I do not ask you to hand over all that you have to me because fulfilment of my needs rests upon the program of Allah and I am not going to drive those away who have committed to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind along with me because they are sure they can work hard to meet the standard set for them by their Creator and Sustainer but I sense that you the chiefs are acting arrogantly out of your foolishness.
30) And tell me O chiefs of my people! Who will support me against Allah if I drive them away if what I claim is true? Will you not even try to understand such a simple point?
31) I do not say to you that I have the treasures of Allah in my personal control nor do I claim that I have the power to know and secure my future and I do not claim to be a king nor do I say about those who are mean in your eyes that Allah will not grant them prosperity because only Allah can let them manifest what is in their minds. If I claim anything to mislead you then I will indeed be transgressing my God set limits.
32) They said, O Noah! You have argued with us and argued far too much, now bring upon us the revolt with which you threaten us if what you say is true.
33) He replied, Allah surely lets results of your actions be upon you at the time and as He has planned and you cannot escape them.
In these like verses it is make clear that judgement of Allah comes constantly and persistently as per set system and laws of Allah. When tipping point is reached things happen but exactly when this tipping point is reached is anybody’s guess. This is why people need to observe ground realities and see the state in which humanity is at any given point in time. If it is in good state of affairs then society is healthy so bad things will not happen but if state of humanity in the world is terrible then actions and reactions decide what is going to happen and how soon. Not only that but if humanity pays attention to its well being then it will find out things in time and take corrective measures and that will keep humanity safe from all sorts of disasters. Only when people fight each other that they lose attention to things and then when disasters strike them they are caught unaware. This is why a driver cannot afford to not to pay attention to things on the road because as soon he goes to sleep on steering wheel or others with him draw his attention away from the road the accident happens. Likewise if rulers, priests and moneylenders will fail to fool the masses they will lose control over masses. When that happens, master slave relationship will end unless these people succeed in re-establishing their control over masses by some new ideas. This is how absolute monarchy ended and this is how priests lost control over masses and now it is turn for moneylenders to lose control over masses. When there is fight between rulers, priests and moneylenders that is the time when masses will get chance to be free from all sorts of master slave relationships. When exactly that will happen is anyone’s guess.
34) My counsel will not benefit you no matter how much I desire to give you good advice if set laws of Allah your Creator and Sustainer find you on the wrong path because according to His set laws alone you are made to face consequences of your actions.
35) Do they say he has forged all this? Tell them, if I have forged it indeed then I ought to have some personal motive to benefit myself at your expense that ought to have harmful and destructive consequences for you which ought to be all clear to you, yet I am free of inflicting any harms upon you which you inflict on each other due to your such motives, so how do you explain your accusation of forgery against me when I am instead stopping you from inflicting harm and destruction upon each other so that you do not end up destroying each other?
36) Regardless of their false accusations against you, it was made obvious to Noah that no more of your people are committing to working for peace save those who have already committed. So there is no point you grieving at their mutually harmful and destructive mindsets, attitudes and behaviours against each other
37) Instead go build a separate place away from these people according to Our guidance as we revealed it to you and remember not to side step Our guidance on behalf of those who oppose Our program by working against it because they are all set for destruction at their own hands according to Our set laws.
38) So he started building a place and whenever the chiefs of his people passed by him they laughed at him. He said, laugh at us now if you will but time is coming when we too will laugh at you as you are laughing at us.
39) Soon you will come to know who will be seized by a humiliating revolt and who is to be afflicted with destructive consequences of his destructive course of actions.
40) Finally when time for fulfilment of Our warning came because the social environment heated up with hatred in society and the trouble broke out so We said to Noah, take refuge in that place you built and take aboard each of the leadership and of the community of yours who are committed to working for peace, progress and prosperity of community letting those who want to stay behind remain there against whom the law is already in place so they will face end result of their own actions. However those who committed to working for peace, progress and prosperity of human community with him were only a minority.
41) Thus he said to them, undertake this journey to a new way of life in the name of Allah according to whose laws is its beginning and its completion, surely guidance by my Creator and Sustainer alone is protector of mankind because He is provider of blissful program for them.
42) So the journey started with them in middle of massive waves of people. Even in this troublesome time when Noah called upon chief of his community to live by rule of Allah as he stood aside from it saying, O son of my nation! Join us and be not with chiefs and priests or masses that oppose rule of Allah.
43) He said, I rather betake myself to join the masses they will rescue my rule from this sea of troubles. Noah said, no nation survives such troublesome time due to set laws of Allah save any that builds itself upon the program He has provided for it. Thereupon a wave of people came between them and the chief joined those who were destined to end up destroyed.
44) Thus it happened that Allah said, O land! Swallow up your water and O sky! withhold your rain and so the water disappeared and that is how warning of Allah was fulfilled by way of drought and famine. On the other hand journey of Noah and his supporters for dignity became complete and it was said to them, let there be a distance between those who transgress Our limits and those who abide by them.
The troubles broke out among people of Noah because it was a divided society without sense of community spirit so when there came drought and rulers and priests and moneylenders had no solutions for their problems they turned against each other and rulers were killed by masses in rage to avenge the use and abuse they received at their hands for so long. Meanwhile Noah took himself and those who supported him to safety and started a new life based on his revelation from God.
45) Behold! Noah called out to his Creator and Sustainer at the time when he though chief was in trouble saying, O my Creator and Provider! My community chief is part of my community and surely Your promise to save my community is true because You are unique of those who claim to be the rulers.
46) Allah said, O Noah! He is not of your community because he is not of those who act to put things right for the benefit of human community. So do not question My decisions unreasonably. I educate you so that you do not act like those who act foolishly.
47) Noah said, my Creator and Sustainer! I seek refuge in Your revealed wisdom so that I do not question your decisions due to my lack of proper understanding of things but unless You dignify me through Your guidance I surely will be lost.
When divine messengers came their battles were mainly against chiefs of their communities because they turned masses into their slaves instead of leading people to a successful and prosperous life so that people could develop and grow and humanity progresses. This deliberate mismanagement of human and natural resources created divisions among people which led to terrible bloodshed between people for no good reason. However it was always hope of messengers that they succeed in their divine missions without hurting people and causing loss of life but in real life things depend on all participants and not just on God, his prophets and their followers. If opponents do not see sense and keep carrying on their onslaught against humanity then drastic measure become inevitable to put a stop to all this carry on though minds of divine messengers remain open for people to stop and change their way and join them but most of the times it only remain a wish because people with harmful and destructive mindset, attitude and behaviour rarely change the last minute.
48) It was said, O Noah! Settle down now on basis of program, constitution and law for peace, progress and prosperity of humanity from Us so that there is peace, progress and prosperity for you and for the people that are with you. As for generations to come from them, We will grant them also their provision thereby but if they learned and behaved not properly then they will have to face painful suffering as per Our set-up system and laws.
49) O messenger, these are some of the facts from the past which We have now revealed to you, neither you nor your people knew about it before this revelation. So be steadfastly persistent because the success in the end is for those who are consistent with program of Allah for the benefit of humanity.
These like verses do not mean people had never heard any stories about past people but that they had not been explained to people by their priests in the context the Quran explains them ie in non-religious context. People twisted even the texts of their divine books turning them out of their proper contexts. The same is happening today that most people only buy into religious nonsense rather than looking into scriptures themselves and discovering the true sense that the scriptures give rise to in their own contexts. Religions have given people wrong reasons as purposes for origin of creation. God has been portrayed as a tyrant who gets angry at drop of a hat and destroys nations after nation and a whole a load of nonsense. This is why if people want to know the truth about God and creation then they need to give up religious mumbo jumbo and look into scriptures in light of universal realities that face humanity.
50) Likewise to people of Aad We sent their brother Hood. He said, O my people! Live by program, constitution and law of Allah because you have no ruler save Him. Surely you live by nothing but make beliefs and falsehood that is harmful and destructive for living as a community.
51) O my people! I do not demand of you anything for personal gain at the expense of all the rest of you rather my goal is set only by Him who has created me. Will you then not use your sense to understand and follow it?
52) So O my people! Seek security of your future from your Creator and Sustainer by turning to His guidance and shape your community life accordingly. He will send you from the heaven abundant rain and He will add strength to your strength. So oppose not His goal and guidelines to inflict harm and destruction upon each other.
53) They said, O Hud! You have not come to us with any clear proof that we demand so we are not going to leave our rulers, priests and wealthy people just on basis of your claims and arguments nor are we going to agree to terms and conditions for our peace, progress and prosperity that you propose.
54) As we believe things we can only say that some gods of ours have afflicted you with madness the way you are talking to us about things. He said, I present testimony of Allah as my evidence for my claim and I call upon you too to present your evidences as well for your claims otherwise I am staying clear of those whom you take for rulers
55) instead of God, so plan all of you together a full dialogue with me and give me no time to prepare myself for this debate.
56) I rely upon guidance, universal system and laws of Allah the Creator and Sustainer of mine and yours. There is not a living creature whose purpose of existence is not decided by Him according to His set-up system and laws. The guidance from my Creator and Sustainer indeed leads along the path of life that is firmly founded.
57) So even if you turn away from fully debating the issue with me sensibly, at least I have conveyed to you the message I was sent with. If you do not abide by His roadmap in time my Creator and Sustainer will raise some other people in your place and you can do Him no harm whatsoever. Indeed my Creator and Sustainer has taken all measures for security and proper functioning of all things in the universe.
These verses very clear show two parties arguing about some issues in their own ways. The main thing to realise here is that one is party of religious people using its scripture for religious purposes as explained already and other party that uses divine scripture as it ought to be used. The religious party is made of rulers, priests and rich people supporting each other against masses by justifying why each party has the right to be there in sight of God and masses eg kings put in place priests and priests provide basis for kings to be kings on basis of religion ie these people are chosen by God to rule them so they must be obeyed or God will curse them and make their life hell. Rich people spend what they make from masses to build temples and tombs and other religious structures to further the same aims and objectives and because they spend money in the name of God so they are loved by God and they too should be given respect in society and obeyed by masses. Poor are poor because that is the way God made them to be and they will get whatever they desire when they die provided they accept the will of God and live as the men of God tell them ie the priests. A complete way of exploitation of ignorant masses and this is why religions are known as tools for exploitation of masses. This was the case always accept when some divine messenger came along and challenged this whole empire of faith and defeated it. However it never failed to make a comeback because people do not keep up with education and learning so being born ignorant and avoiding education and learning does not go well for mankind. This is why empire of faith still stands strong because top elite is ensuring ignorance prevails. There are no absolute monarchs today or priests with absolute powers but that is only because moneylenders have replaced them ie today rulers and priests are controlled by people with money ie the bankers. It is difficult to say how long this money based rule is going to last but once it too saturates that will be the end of it. That is when new world order will come about and that will be free of monarchy, priesthood and capitalistic ideology. God sent human values will become restored gradually because they are firmly based on idea of well being of humanity as a whole. This is where Quran will become fundamental text as basis for new set-up in the new world and rest of scriptural world will follow the lead provided by the Quran. That seems to be the final world order that will come about to stay forever and once humanity has sorted itself out it will concentrate on turning this world into a paradise or divine kingdom. So we are a very long way away from where we ought to be as far as the teachings of the Quran are concerned. That is how prophet mission will become fully established.
58) So when Our law of consequences delivered them results of their own actions in due course We saved Hood and those who committed to working for peace, progress and prosperity of human community along with him through dignifying program from Us and that is how We saved them from life of terrible painful suffering.
59) Such were the people of Aad. They opposed the goals and guidelines of their Creator and Sustainer and did not support His messenger but instead supported the rule of every terrifying oppressor.
60) Therefore they were followed by life full of humiliation right from the start to the very end through rivalries and animosities that led them to their own destruction. Be warned! Aad denied the rights of provision to each other against the guidelines of their Creator and Sustainer. So be informed! Gone are Aad, the harmful and destructive people of Hood.
61) To the Thamud people We sent their brother Saleh. He said, O my people! Abide by program, constitution and law of Allah alone as you have no ruler save Him. It is He Who brought you forth in a simple state and evolved you therefrom so that in due course you seek your security by referring to His guidance and moulding your life according to it. Indeed the guidance and the set-up system and laws of my Creator and Sustainer are ever present and respond to your needs and actions.
62) They said, O Saleh! Till now you were the one in whom we had great expectations! Will you now stop us from serving the rulers, the traditions and the customs that our forefathers put in place and served? Indeed we are strongly suspicious of that to which you are calling us.
63) He said, O my people! Consider this, if I have a clear proof from my Creator and Sustainer that He has granted me a program for peace, progress and prosperity of human community from Himself, who then will help me against set-up system and law of Allah for consequences if I abide not by His program? What would you add to my person other than making me yet bigger loser than yourselves?
64) So O my people! This beneficial guidance of Allah is a reference for you to live by so let it rule in the land of Allah freely and hinder it not otherwise you are bound to find yourselves caught up in severe consequences of your harmful and destructive actions against each other.
65) But they prevented its implementation so he said, you have three periods of time at most to stop the way you live and reform yourselves and your institutions or in due course such consequences will ensue that you will regret what are doing because the set-up universal system and laws never fail in delivering results of peoples’ actions.
66) So when Our set law of consequences began showing its dire effects after things reached the tipping point, from that period of humiliation We saved Saleh and those who committed to working for peace, progress and prosperity of human community along with him through roadmap for their survival and prosperity from Us. Surely your Creator and Sustainer is consistent and powerful enough to see through His plan.
67) Then after a long period of mutual humiliation the sudden uprising took these transgressors against Our rule by surprise thus new era in their jurisdictions uprooted their rule
When a people keep living the way that increase harm and destruction in their population then in due course tipping point is reached when some of them over throw the rule by old rulers replacing them with new ones to make a new start. These are bloody revolutions because new rulers keep old ways and so its is only a matter of changing faces or to give a new people chance to rule to see if this will work for a while. That too comes to an end in time. So long as people do not wake up to education based revolution, bloody revolutions will keep coming about. Once people become aware of things through education then they will be in better position to see exactly what they want and how they can get it. All this need cooperation and coordination and that can only come from divine scripture as foundation to start from. Words DAYAARI HIM do not mean their personal houses but their government buildings or offices and institutions and jurisdictions that helped them run their terror campaigns against their own masses.
68) as if they had never flourished there. Be warned! Thamud people denied each other rights to provisions in opposition to rule of their Creator and Sustainer. So gone are the people of Thamud due to their harmful and destructive mindset, attitude and behaviour against each other.
69) For the very same reason there came to Abraham Our missionaries to help him with program for peace, progress and prosperity of his people. They said, we come to you to offer our help to you for bringing about a peaceful, progressive and prosperous community. He said, you are welcome to help me establish peaceful, progressive and prosperous community so he did not wait long to bring them a fully worked out action plan for the missionary work.
Word HANEEZ is from root HAA, NOON and ZAAL. Concrete meaning of this root is something that is fully prepared or properly cooked eg a properly worked out plan of action or properly cooked meat etc. The same root is used for slimming horse through working out ie a hose is taken through tough exercises to make it fit for its purpose. The same root is used for mixing wine with water. It also means roast meat, hot water etc etc.
Word IJLIN has various meanings as already explained but here in this verse it means a plan of action to get the job done eg a means to an end just as a ladder is used to get from one end to another. This root has other meanings like camel litter, rush, hurry, calf, ladder, wheel etc etc.
These people came from another nearby community and were sent by their prophet to deliver some messages to Abraham. This verse shows there were at least six divine messengers present at the same time in different communities eg Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Lot, Jacob and this prophet who sent Abraham his missionaries to deliver him messages and to help Lot and his supporters etc.
70) However he sensed hesitation on their part because they did not seem to take the matter further so he felt concerned about their response. They too noticed his concerned look and said to him, worry not about it just now as we are on another mission concerning people of Lot.
71) It is because his society became stuck in the rut and an object of scorn so he became worried about it therefore through these people We gave his community good news about leadership of Isaac as well as Jacob.
In the Quranic context, it is not necessary that Isaac and Jacob were biological son and grandson of Abraham but because Abraham was a community leader therefore he was a father figure for his community members. However ideological children can be biological children as well but not necessarily the other way round.
72) The community said, alas for me! How can I get a good successor for leadership when I am not able to produce one and the leadership I already have is not able to deliver? This news is indeed a strange thing!
73) They said, do you the community find the plan of Allah strange whereby Allah will land you in life of prosperity in abundance O you the supporters of the nation building program? Surely He alone has the right to sovereignty.
74) When concern of Abraham was addressed through good news that reached him, he began asking Us if anything could be done to stop people of Lot from doing terrible things they were doing to each other.
75) Indeed Abraham was easy going and tender hearted for the mankind because he was fully devoted to Our mission.
76) We said, O Abraham! Don’t put yourself into worries over this matter because the set-up system and laws of your Creator and Sustainer always deliver to people results of their own actions as they are already warned, so they are all set for facing the terrible results of their own harmful and destructive actions against each other and that is an unstoppable process.
77) Later on Our missionaries came to Lot, he was alright with them except that he was hesitant to go along with them as regard their plan. After hearing their plan he said, this is a very distressful time.
78) Behold, there came rushing to him his people when he called upon them who were long addicted to all sorts of atrocities against each other so he said to them, O my people! Here are my guidelines to help you, they are necessary for you to adhere to in order to free you from your wrong doings against each other. So be consistent with program, constitution and law of Allah for the benefit of each other and do not make me look as an irresponsible fellow in the eyes of my guests. Is there no man among you of an appreciable leading character?
79) They said, you already know your guidelines are not acceptable to us and you also know well how we want to live our lives.
80) He said, I wish I had authority to prevent you from doing harm to each other or that I could betake myself to get help from some rightly guided powerful community.
81) Upon witnessing all this the envoys said, O Lot! We are sent to support mission of your Creator and Sustainer and majority of these people have made it clear that they are not going to support your mission of community building so leave this place with your supporters as darkness of ignorance still covers it therefore let none of you stay behind but rebellious people of your community only. It has chosen for itself that it should face the same fate as its chiefs, their priests and well of people. The new beginning that was promised to them, has time for that new beginning not arrived for them yet?
82) When time for fulfilment of Our promise came We caught the place turned upside down by sudden revolt because We made obvious to it importance of organised institutions and record keeping in a classified way,
83) as described by your Creator and Sustainer. Yet they ignored all this therefore such uprising is never far away from those who instead keep harming each other against Our set out goal and guidelines.
These verses show us that God wants people not to waste their time in petty quarrels among themselves over little things instead they should get busy in educating each other and organising themselves as a community based upon divine constitution for fulfilling the heavenly set goal by regulating themselves properly. So long as people keep ignoring this and keep wasting their time in all sorts of nonsense they will keep going through this cycle of aimless existence and painful suffering.
84) Likewise to the people of Madyan We sent their brother Shuaib who said to them, O my people! Abide by program, constitution and law of Allah because you have no ruler other than Him. So do not fall short in measurement in reference to this set standard. I see your future prosperous if you follow my advice but I also fear for you the time when the results of your actions against this standard could encircle you.
85) So O you my people! Fulfil your needs and wants according to the measures set as standard that is properly balanced and do not defraud people out of their rightful provisions so that you do not end up causing rifts and wars between mankind in the land.
86) That which is proper in sight of Allah for the good of mankind is beneficial for you if you would truly commit to working for peace, progress and prosperity of human community and remember I am not set upon you as a guard to stop you from harming each other by force rather this is up to you people yourselves as to how you choose to organise your community, as per my heavenly message or your own make beliefs.
87) They said, Oh Shuaib! Does your way of organising the community demand that we give up serving all other rulers whom our forefathers served or that we give up our traditions and individual rights to doing what we choose to do with our own things at the expense of the community because you surely seem to think that you are the only one steadfast and upright man in the land?
88) He said, O my people! You see, if I have a clear proof of guidance from my Creator and Sustainer and He has granted me a beneficial program for setting up His provided sustenance for the benefit of mankind then how can I go against that? I am not opposing you in what I am forbidding you just because I intend to harm or destroy you rather I desire your reformation for the benefit of all of us so far as it is within my capacity. My success does not depend on anything other than my hard work according to the revealed program of Allah for my guidance because in His program I have full confidence that is why I turn to it for guidance about everything.
89) So O my people! Let not your disputing with me bring upon you the doom similar to that of the people of Noah and Hood or Saleh and people of Lot are not far off in time from you either,
90) therefore seek protection through program of you Creator and Sustainer against inflicting harm and destruction upon each other by turning to His guidance and reform accordingly because my Creator and Sustainer is protector of the mankind through His program that is comprehensive for security of humanity.
91) They said, O Shuaib! We do not want to know much of what you say because we see you just as an average person among us. Were it not for your supporters, we certainly would have thrown you out of this place because on your own you are not strong enough to stand against us.
92) He said, O my people! Do you regard my tribe or ideological following to be more powerful than Allah that you have disregarded His advice totally as a thing cast behind your backs? Surely within grasp of my Creator and Sustainer is all that you do.
93) O my people! You keep on doing things your way and I will keep on doing things my way, and soon you will find out who ends up in humiliation through self imposed way of life that leads to harm and destruction and that way proves is a liar! Wait if you will, I too am waiting along with you!
94) When the time for fulfilment of Our warning came, We delivered through security provided by Our program Shuaib and those who committed themselves to working for peace, progress and prosperity of humanity along with him but the uprising took these transgressors against Our set-up universal system and laws by surprise that is how new era in their jurisdictions uprooted their rule
95) as if they had never flourished therein before. Behold! Like Thamud gone are the people of Madyan!
96) And thereafter We sent Moses with Our objectives and guidelines with authority that was self evident
97) to Pharaoh and his chiefs because they lived by rule of Pharaoh and rule of Pharaoh was not based upon proper guidance.
98) That is how he led his people to the day of uprising because he led them into the fire of hatred. How awful was the state of painful suffering in which they landed themselves?
99) Humiliation followed them into this state of existence and so they ended up facing the day of upheaval. The harmful and destructive result of harmful and destructive course of actions.
When a people start from an affluent position and stop paying attention to things that bring them that affluency then gradually progress slows down and finally halts and people become stuck and things start going backwards ie regression begins and at any these stages masses could rise against their rulers, priests and moneylenders as rivalry based animosity leads to hatred between people and finally civil war begins as people start robbing each other for living. All these are part of concept of YOWMAL QIYAAMAH because that is how a nation is made to face results of its own actions.
100) Such are the stories of the nations before you which We reveal to you, of them some people have survived and some have ceased to exist.
101) It were not Us who harmed them rather they harmed each other and thereby ended up destroying themselves. The rulers they served instead of Allah did not avail them at all when the law of consequences set by your Creator and Sustainer showed them results of their own actions because they added nothing to their lot but mutual harm and destruction.
Again and again Allah explains that he is not a tyrant punishing people for their sins. That is not what he created this world for. He created mankind to learn things and improve themselves so much so that one day the human beings become good managers of the universe for their own benefit and see glory of God in their own creativity.
102) And likewise your Creator and Sustainer found nations caught in consequences of their own actions whenever He found a township transgressing against each other against His advice, surely going against His advice has such terrible consequences.
103) In fact, there is an undeniable proof in all this for such individuals and nations as pay attention to the terrible end results of harmful and destructive actions. That is why there is to come a period of time that will unite all the people and that is the era worth bringing about,
104) so We delay it not but according to set-up universal system and laws.
A time is coming when mankind will start living by divine standard having failed to find anything better after so many trials and errors. By then humanity would have learned the lesson the hard way that living by a properly balanced law is the only way to live peacefully to make progress and be prosperous.
105) When that era comes about none will do anything but it will be judged according to His set standard. That is how it will be decided who is law breaker and who is law abiding.
106) As to those who will break the law they are bound to end up in agony wherein they will have only sighs and sobs.
107) They will remain in that state for as long as the heavens and the earth will last according to plan of your Creator and Sustainer. Surely your Creator and Sustainer decides matters according to His set-up universal system and laws.
These verse means that community will become based on law of Allah and they will decide the cases of people thereby and this process will continue for as long as people will stick to this way of doing that. If they carry on doing things this way that could carry on for as long as the world will continue existing. This does not mean individual criminals will be put in agony for ever but only for a time till they repent and reform and become useless members of human community.
108) As for those who are law abiding they are bound to end up in blissful kingdom and they will remain in there for as long as the heavens and the earth will last according to plan of your Creator and Sustainer. A lasting grant.
This verse does not mean individual people will live in this kingdom for ever but that community that will live by divine law will keep on prospering for as long it abides by divine program. This however does not means that mankind will not discover one day the way to live much, much longer than today. It is possible that humans will overcome things that cause them to age and may also be able to stay young for longer and longer.
Last edited by Mughal
on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
- Posts: 312
- Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:45 am
- Location: Islamabad & Glasgow
Mughal, why are you skipping around from surah to surah randomly? You started with surahs 1-11 then jumped to the 80's and later went back to 71 and you haven't even got to surah 20 yet? Are you skipping the "problem" surahs?
- Posts: 1483
- Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:39 pm
Why do people copy pages of the Quran here? We would rather get your take on it or summarize it for us. The pages and pages of reprints from the Quran are not very helpful. I guess it makes you feel better or something, because I don't think any of us get anything out of it.
Mohammed and his sock puppet know best
- Posts: 624
- Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:55 am
Doesn't matter how you translate it, it won't stop looking like it was written by a very unknowledgeable child. It's crap, plain and simple. Every non-Arab scholar who has reviewed it as a work of literature has said that it's pathetic and just crammed full of obvious historical errors and contradictions. Any intelligent person can immediately tell that it's sole purpose is to enhance Muhammad's personal life, mostly sexual. Get over it. The Quran is not the great wonder Arabs think it is. It's just that Arabs haven't read much OTHER than the Quran, so they wouldn't really know how silly it is.
- Posts: 1483
- Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:39 pm
Jimi wrote:Why do people copy pages of the Quran here? We would rather get your take on it or summarize it for us. The pages and pages of reprints from the Quran are not very helpful. I guess it makes you feel better or something, because I don't think any of us get anything out of it.
well Jimi.. Mughal is NOT just translating Quran in fact he is modifying the original version.. That is O.K., If he could educate folks like these with his Quran
that should be a + point.. As far as the member of FFI is concerned all the readers including Mughal knows that book is not book of god/allah whatever..neither it is a reveled book..
so we should not worry about what Mughal doing here.. it is just a storage space for his translation and that should be O.K.
- Posts: 6369
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:17 pm
darth wrote:I think what the cat is trying to do is to show that quran is a continuation of the torah and the bible. He would like to put the three at the same level - torah, bible, quran. That is why he works so hard to try and reject hadiths, prove that "obeying the messengers" includes the biblical prophets and that the quran teaches the same thing that the bible and torah do.
Prove us how the Koran doesn't stipulate so and rather ask hadiths for explanations!
12.111: It is no invented hadith but a confirmation of the existing (Scripture) and a
detailed explanation of everything, and a guidance and a mercy for folk who believe.
darth wrote:Invariably he gets stumped when he comes across verses such as mo lusting for his daughter in law which is not in previous scriptures or mo trying to control his harem (instructions which are also missed in the bible and torah), but he still works very hard to spin quranic words to prove whatever he wishes it to prove (logically or otherwise)
The instructions aren't missing in the Torah, nor in the Koran which bless them all.
5.5: The food of those who have received the Scripture is lawful for you, and your food is lawful for them. And so are the virtuous
women of the believers and the virtuous women of those who received the Scripture before you (lawful for you) when ye give them
their marriage portions and live with them in honour, not in fornication, nor taking them as secret concubines.
Authority has the same etymological root as authenticity.
- Posts: 1991
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:23 pm
darth says wrote:Invariably he gets stumped when he comes across verses such as mo lusting for his daughter in law which is not in previous scriptures or mo trying to control his harem (instructions which are also missed in the bible and torah), but he still works very hard to spin quranic words to prove whatever he wishes it to prove (logically or otherwise)
The Cat Responds: The instructions aren't missing in the Torah, nor in the Koran which bless them all.
That is an irrational and irrelevant statement The Cat., And if it comes from either Quran only Muslim or hadith/sunnah/Quran Muslims then it is nothing more than delusional The Cat..
If the instructions are NOT
missing in Torah then the alleged revelations of Quran becomes irrelevant.,
Well there must be something missing in Jewish/Christian/ Pagan scriptures of that time and that is the reason why this Pagan Muhammad got his revelations. It is for people like you to figure out what is missing in Bible and Torah ..OT..NT whatever that came before Quran and Clearly those missing revelations/instructions from OT & NT are revealed in Quran and that is the basic scriptural reason for the existence of Islam. So this makes people like you, Quran only Muslim and Quran only Muslim supporter a very important educational group of Islam specially for educating Muslims.
Last edited by yeezevee
on Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Posts: 6369
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:17 pm
 As for individuals who accuse their own administrations or communities for not working according to divine constitution but have no witness except themselves, each one of them shall be made to swear four times under oath in the name of Allah that one’s accusation is true,
Swearing once, twice or three times is insufficient but four times means it MUST be true. But why is Allah recommending swearing at all, and why does he say his name is Allah? Never said his name was Allah before, prior to the Quran. Swearing on the name of Allah ("god") means nothing, unless the word Allah is a proper name and not simply the word "god" as Arabs would have us believe. If Allah is a name, as the Quran clearly states, then he must be that god of the Kaaba whole ruled over the 360 lesser Kabba gods. That was obviously not the god of Abraham, who didn't even like idol shops. In conclusion, by stating that Allah is the name of the god of the Quran it tells us that the god of the Quran is the Kaaba god of the idols. If only Muhammad had the brains to know that when the Jews in Arabia called God Allah they simply did it because they weren't allowed to say the actual name of god, YHWH. YHWH himself could use his own name if he wanted to, so he would have done so in the Quran. He didn't mind being referred to as "I Am". That's what he said to call him. Didn't say to call him Allah or "god".
- Posts: 1483
- Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:39 pm
I think all Muslims should be forced to read and understand the Quran. Right now there is very little Quran understanding among them. Oh they hear or read it in a rhythmic way, but they don't really understand it and fewer ever read it. Once you buy into the rituals of Islam there is no need to read the Quran for Muslims. How ever, if one wants to understand Islam the Quran is a must. And the Quran can't be read in isolation. One needs the hadiths to make the Quran meaningful.
For example, in isolation the verse that tells us it is ok to marry adapted sons wife's seem benign. But with the hadiths it shows us what the prophet was really up to. Here is a quick run down of it.
The prohet saw his adopted sons wife in a compromising position. Hammie was arroused. As the culture was at the time he could not marry her. Well Allah baled him out on this. A Quran verse came out saying it was ok to marry your adopted sons wife. Muslims say that the prohet did this marriage to show the world that it was ok. What. Load of crap this is. Mohammod used Allahabad the Quran to satisfy his lust pure and simple.
Also mohammod saw that if he did not keep his women covered others would get honry for them. So Allah came out with the vale thing. Millions of Muslim women vale the selfs for 1400 years because of Mohammed's sexual erges. This is the truth. Very sad that mohhamods sexual urges are the basis for 20 percent of humanity's laws and customs. The sooner the world is rid of the filthy Islamic religion the better. Allah akbar.
Mohammed and his sock puppet know best
- Posts: 624
- Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:55 am
well it is good time , good time to read Quran. so let me read Mughal's An-Nur..Mughal's light or Mughal's Beacon of Peace along with REAL QURAN next to it.. An-Nur. is just 64 verse not a big deal.. Mughal's light is in Blue and the real one is Dark with some blood red highlighting ....lol..
Mughal wrote:Surah 24 AN-NUR – The Beacon for Peace Surah 24 AN-NUR- (The Light) In the name of Allah the gracious the merciful. In the name of Allah the most gracious and the most merciful.
 This constitution is revealed by Us and recommended by Us for mankind because in it are revealed by Us clear goals for mankind so that you attain and maintain peace and prosperity.
(This is) a chapter which We have revealed and made obligatory and in which We have revealed clear communications that you may be mindful.
 Any administration or community that lives outside Our this constitution and any administrator or individual that lives outside Our this constitution by its own make beliefs, bring each and every one of them round to it even if they are gathered around hundreds of separate ideologies and let nothing get in your way for removing harmful things from them in accordance to the constitution of Allah if you really are committed to working for peace for the good end result for humanity. Moreover let a department of administration of those who are committed to working for peace closely observe causes of their suffering.
(As for) the fornicatress and the fornicator, flog each of them, (giving) a hundred stripes, and let not pity for them detain you in the matter of obedience to Allah, if you believe in Allah and the last day, and let a party of believers witness their chastisement.
 Any administrator or individual who decides to live outside Our constitution does not join it but instead joins the administration or community that also decides to live outside Our constitution or a community that lives by rule of other than that of Allah. Any administration or community that decides to live outside Our constitution does not join it but instead joins the administrator or administration/community that also decides to live outside Our constitution or a community that lives by rule of other than that of Allah, however to do such a things is not right for those who claim to be committed to working for peace.
The fornicator shall not marry any but a fornicatress or idolatress, and (as for) the fornicatress, none shall marry her but a fornicator or an idolater; and it is forbidden to the believers.
 Those who under false pretence try to overthrow administrations or communities that work properly according to Our constitution and cannot produce even a few reliable witnesses to support their words and actions, separate them from community isolating them for good and do not accept their testimonies ever because they are rebels
And those who accuse free women then do not bring four witnesses, flog them, (giving) eighty stripes, and do not admit any evidence from them ever; and these it is that are the transgressors,
 unless they repent thereafter and make good the loss they have caused, in that case Allah is surely graceful and merciful.
Except those who repent after this and act aright, for surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
 As for individuals who accuse their own administrations or communities for not working according to divine constitution but have no witness except themselves, each one of them shall be made to swear four times under oath in the name of Allah that one’s accusation is true,
And (as for) those who accuse their wives and have no witnesses except themselves, the evidence of one of these (should be taken) four times, bearing Allah to witness that he is most surely of the truthful ones
 and the fifth time one should be made to say that may Allah isolate one from His mercy and leave one open to suffering if one is lying.
And the fifth (time) that the curse of Allah be on him if he is one of the liars.
 The consequences will be averted from the administration if the administration personnel also swears four times under oath in the name of Allah that the charge by the accuser is false,
And it shall avert the chastisement from her if she testify four times, bearing Allah to witness that he is most surely one of the liars;
In case of a few separate complaints against administrations, there should be proper investigations of the matter because isolated accusations become credible evidence that something is really wrong in the administration or community as in Surah 65 al Tallaaq. 
 and the fifth time one representing administration or community should be made to say that may Allah isolate one from His mercy and leave one open to suffering if the charge against it is true.
And the fifth (time) that the wrath of Allah be on her if he is one of the truthful.
If it were not for Allah’s revelation as mercy for you, you would have no method of handling these situations. Allah surely turns to people with His guidance full of wisdom.
And were it not for Allah's grace upon you and His mercy-- and that Allah is Oft-returning (to mercy), Wise!
well those are the 1st 10 verses of Surah Al-Noor.. the light.. the beacon.. The Pink Bacon for peace.
I certainly like Mughal's light that came from Allah through Gabriel unlike The Bacon Light that came from Allah through Gabriel to Prophet Muhammad(PBUH). I don't like black colored one but I have no idea why i don't like it?
Any ways I have to tell this to reader, There should be a punishment for Mughal for removing the word Flogging
from the Al-Noor verses .. He can not remove words from original Quran, for that he should be flogged.. lol.. and I also don't know why he is getting that al Tallaaq.....Tallaaq...Tallaaq... three times Tallaaq verse that is there in yellow color in to this surah Bacon for Peace..
- Posts: 6369
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:17 pm
The Quran is supposed to be clear and easy to understand. Look how clear this is;
 Any administrator or individual who decides to live outside Our constitution does not join it but instead joins the administration or community that also decides to live outside Our constitution or a community that lives by rule of other than that of Allah. Any administration or community that decides to live outside Our constitution does not join it but instead joins the administrator or administration/community that also decides to live outside Our constitution or a community that lives by rule of other than that of Allah, however to do such a things is not right for those who claim to be committed to working for peace.
I've seen clearer credit card contracts than that.
The following part is also puzzling;
The fornicator shall not marry any but a fornicatress or idolatress, and (as for) the fornicatress, none shall marry her but a fornicator or an idolater; and it is forbidden to the believers.
So it's apparently okay to be a fornicator or idolator, just they can only marry each other, not Muslims. Allah has special regulations for fornicators/idolators. He must not want them all dead then, or he would have just said "kill the fornicator and the idolator", rather than simply making special marital laws for them. Of course, if two fornicators marry then they aren't fornicating anymore, but if a fornicator marries an idolator then the fornicator is no longer fornicating but the idolator is still idolating. That didn't cure him at all. They should have limited it to fornicators marrying fornicators. Allah screwed up again on that one. Then the idolator will convince the fornicator, who was previously a Muslim, to become an idolator. Like putting the fox in the hen-house.
- Posts: 1483
- Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:39 pm
109) Therefore be not in confusion concerning the people whom these masses take for their rulers instead of Allah. They do not take whomever they take for their rulers but just as a matter of tradition of their ancestors before them not using their give brains. So We too will make them face the results of their own such actions without any abatement.
This verse makes it clear that if people do not take the one who has right to rule and take every other tom dick and harry as their ruler then they should not complain about what those rulers do to them. There is no point in supporting such people who have no right to rule mankind and when they do to them what they told them they will do to them then running to get prayer mat and start crying to Allah to remove the afflictions caused by the very people helped by the victim to come to power. Mankind need to stop personality worship and concentrate on educating each other about abiding by law instead and ensuring the law if just and fair. This need can only be fulfilled by the Quran but how can mankind know this unless they study the Quran the way they should. Even people who claim to be followers of the Quran think it is a book for getting their dead forgiven of their sins. No one may be as bad personality worshipper as these people. They are seen lying on graves everywhere seeking help for real life problems of the dead. This is where one ends up when one is foolish and reads the Quran because only guides people who are self aware and aware of the world in which they live.
110) Even though We gave Moses the book as a manifesto, as a constitution and as a law to unite people according to it yet divisions were created in its name. The very purpose the book was sent to them by your Creator and Sustainer was so that they decide all matters between them according to it but instead of learning to understand it to implement and abide by it they remained ignorant therefore confused and in chaos.
No book or information is useful for such people as do not bother to use it. People just do not bother getting out of make beliefs, personality cults and self gratification through personal gains etc. For proper development understanding about information and process of making sense of it is very important. We need to understand what information is and what understanding of information is and how we come to understanding of anything at all. The questions that each person needs ask oneself are, what is information, do we discover it or does it come to us or is it a bit of both but in what order if any? To think about such questions is very important because then we come to realise difficulty and hard work involved in all this process. Once we come to know answers to such questions only then we can appreciate what difficulties we ourselves have been through and what difficulties and hard works others have gone through in this regard due to which we are where we are ie because of contributions of each and every person whether we know people personally or not. The world of knowledge we have inherited we did not created it nor did we create ourselves. So information whatever we have and whatever we are going to discover is just an effort of discovery on our part. Some discover more of it others less depending on our individual circumstances and situations.
The basic fact no matter what is that we either get information or it is fed to us ie either we learn things by ourselves or we are taught things by others. When we learn things ourselves, we have our own reasons to do so and when others teach us they have their reasons to teach us and we have our reason to learn it. So whatever we know is not necessary unadulterated but it is possible to get what is beneficial and leave what we think is harmful. This is where criterion becomes fundamental to see why something is beneficial or harmful and whether it is personal gain at the expense community that should be important for us or gain of community whereby all its members including ourselves can benefit.
The other questions are also important eg why we learn things, why we learn one thing rather than another, why others teach us what they teach us, why they teach us one thing rather than the other? We must think about these like questions seriously, why? It is because then we come to realise we have motives and agendas to satisfy. When we come to realise these like points then we become aware of problems and pitfalls which we should avoid so that our conclusions become satisfactory rather than biased and prejudiced unsatisfactory and confused leaving us in lurch. This is why we need clear criterion to judge things at each and every step of our way. The problem with most of us is that we take things as black and white but that is never a reality. World is what it is and people are what they are. Ideologically we can have a starting point and we can have a finishing point. But we must never overlook the middle bit or the grey areas.
We each start from somewhere therefore we cannot dispute that. However, we must question where we are going from where we are and why we are going where we are going? If we could help it we should never have started our journey without knowing where we are going but that is where we are lost. That is because once we are born we start our journey without knowing where we are going. Ask yourself if you knew where you were heading and that will sort the problem out for you. Mankind were on the move as soon as they were born but they did not know where they were going. It took them ages to become self aware and the reason is they are self learning robots to begin with. People are unable to learn about their own environment till they become self aware to that degree whereat they can learn about other things. It takes years for us to learn how to wipe our back sides properly. This is why we are not in school as soon as we are born because we know we cannot learn things we are taught at school level at that age and we need more experience and leaning before school age. Even when we are of schooling age, we do not start at the very end instead we start at the very beginning and as time goes on if we are interested in learning we complete our school education. All this shows our development in stages with time and effort we put in doing things.
This means you do not end up at the end of your learning journey as soon as you start rather it takes its time and your effort or hard work. This being the case how right are we to dismiss people about their views and their contributions to human society? Why we expect others to be Gods but it is ok to be as we are for ourselves? Why do we expect people to not to make any mistakes when this is not even our own life experience about ourselves and others who develop right before our own eyes eg our younger brothers and sisters and our own children etc? Not only that it is not human to not to go through trials and errors in learning process. This is the way we humans are designed to be. There is nothing inherently wrong with this process itself. What we need to learn is to appreciate what each of us has managed to learn and better ourselves and each other. We need to put ourselves in a frame of mind whereby we look at each other as humans full of mistakes but some of us getting better of themselves and rising above the rest in minimising their mistakes or overcoming them. It seems we have been indoctrinated through make beliefs far too much to think we were perfect in every way right from the start but we have fallen from that perfection, the question in that case is, how could we be perfect if we fell down? What kind of perfection was that which fell apart at first hurdle or trial? If being perfect we have fallen apart then what gives us hope that being broken into pieces we are going to become perfect? If pieces can make us perfect then how could our perfection right from the start could not keep us perfect? Is it therefore not better to accept that we were not perfect at the beginning but we are becoming perfect through learning and practicing?
This is what we are looking at when each baby comes into this world and starts his journey of discovery. As one learns so one improves oneself and that is why there can be hope that one day man can rise to a level of information and its understanding that he will be surprised himself. A human is like seed that grows with time give the right conditions to its full potential. So we must become self aware and environmentally aware and rise to level fit for humanity with help of divine guidance. This is why we should not be critical of those people in a destructive way who have proven themselves to us they are great human beings just because they have made mistakes along the way. Making mistakes is part of being a human being otherwise a human being cannot learn. They are examples or role models for us to follow in things they achieved and we do not need to follow them where they have made mistakes. That is how they have shown us the way. They were perfect in their individual given or undertaken tasks if they were worth pursuing not otherwise yet they were never free of going through life of trials and errors. As we can see a lot of knowledge is needed to realise what they accomplished. None of them was free of trials and errors and it is foolishness to think human beings are not human beings but Gods. Turning God into a human is as silly as turning a human being into a God. Each is fine in his own place and we will be doing ourselves a great favour by not mixing up things for ourselves and thereby getting confused.
111) However it is a fact that your Creator and Sustainer always made each of the nations face the results of their actions in full and that is how He made obvious for mankind that He is fully aware of all that people do and therefore able to advise mankind as to what they ought to be doing for better outcome of their actions.
112) Therefore stand firmly upon this revealed foundation as you are commanded altogether along with those who have turned to program, constitution and law of Allah along with you and transgress not the set limits therein by inflicting harm and destruction upon each other and remember, He is ever watching all that you do.
113) However never incline towards those who inflict harm and destruction on each other in case you too are caught in painful suffering as a result of your mutual such actions because you will have no protection against set-up universal system and laws of Allah nor will you be supported.
114) Therefore strive as hard as you can from the start of the day till you are well into the night to establish Our system. Surely actions taken to create a properly balanced society removes the causes for harmful and destructive effects. This is a lesson for those who pay attention to it and think about things thoroughly to understand and spread it.
115) Be steadfastly persistent in your mission because Allah never lets the effort of those who work hard to benefit each other go to waste.
116) Just think about it, why despite Our provision of guidance there were not among the generations before you any people with sense who could educate each other out of mindset, attitude and behaviour based upon rivalry, animosity and warmongering in the land save a minority whom We delivered from the harm and destruction of each other? It is because those who had harmful and destructive mindsets, attitudes and behaviours pursued their worldly ambitions and desires against the way We advised them because they chose to establish themselves through committing crimes against each other for personal gains at each other expense.
117) Behold! It was never the case that set-up system and laws of your Creator and Sustainer destroyed any townships the while their habitants were committed to working for peace, progress and prosperity of their human communities.
This verse totally destroys the idea of God putting people in hell for their sins as their punishment. Instead God created universe for his purpose of expressing himself in form of his creativity to be appreciated by mankind but through self development and personal effort and creativity. Not at all blind faith and stupidity created by priestly classes to fool masses. The case is simple that God put in place a system and laws and informed mankind how things work and warned them going about life the wrong way about serious consequences. It is then left up to people themselves to keep each other on the right course. So now if people instead of going about life the right way take wrong turns and end up in their self created troubles then how can God be responsible for their this behaviour? If people live the right way they will end up in pleasant life but if not they will land themselves in unpleasant life. This surah tells about what happened to people so far and what will keep happening, so is it not the time for mankind to change their ways of living their lives in such a way that they could end up in a life that is pleasant?
118) Had your Creator and Sustainer enforced His will He could have certainly made mankind one single nation but He chose to give them ability of choice with guidance and put them through struggle to accomplish peace, progress and prosperity for themselves, so they will continue to differ
119) except those upon whom He has bestowed understanding of His guidance because they made efforts to learn it to use things accordingly. That is how the word of your Creator and Sustainer finds its fulfilment that He finds most of the destructive leaders and their destructive followers ending up digging their own ditch or grave.
120) All these stories of the past messengers and people that We relate to you are for strengthening your mind therewith. Through these you the mankind have received the correct information about things as well as those who are committed to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind have obtained advice and guidance.
121) As to those who do not commit to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind say to them, do as you want and so will we.
122) Wait if you like for results of your courses of actions, we too are waiting for results of our course of actions indeed. That will prove decisively who is on the course of actions that leads to peace, progress and prosperity of mankind and who are on the courses of actions that lead to wars and destruction.
123) It is because to rule of Allah alone belongs the future in the heavens and the earth so it is prerogative of Allah alone to set goals and guidelines for everything including humans therefore serve His program, constitution and law by founding yourselves as a human community upon His system and laws and remember always that your Creator and Sustainer is never unaware of whatever you need to do or whatever you end up doing.
SURAH 12 Yusuf – The one who works hard for benefit of others
This Surah is named by word YOOSUF from root ALIF, SEEN and FAA and YAA, WOW, SEEN and FAA. Concrete meaning of this root is constructive. Something or someone constructive, a person who completes something or makes it work, someone who adds something to something to make it work, someone or something that adds value to something or someone. Someone who improves something or builds upon a provided foundation. Someone unfortunate, someone in painful suffering, someone regretful or sad about something etc etc.
Like suras before it this surah is not named YOOSAF because it is a name of a prophet and that his story is mentioned in the Quran in this surah but because of relevance of the name used to the subject matter of the surah. This Surah is about needed qualities in leadership as well as following, the management and the managed, so that a community could be brought about and maintained successfully. If a populace fails to breed beneficial leadership or following then it cannot bring about community spirit or community based on it. Not only that but even if a community is already there it can start crumbling as quality of leadership or following starts going down. In this surah we are told story of two communities a)children of Israel and b)people of Egypt. Both communities do well at the start but as time goes on both fail to cope due to lack of visionary and capable leadership and following. Israel goes down because rivalry starts within the community as Jacob grows old and community needs new leadership to succeed Jacob. Old man is old man even if he happens to be a messenger of God because a human is basically a human and under goes same problems as any other human. In this community only Joseph has the real potential to carry on Israel into future but rivals plan his demise and so lose his leadership due to their ignorance based arrogance. This brings Israel down because when things start happening there is none to see them through to lead Israel safely out of troubles.
The story of Egypt is also similar that while things ran a bit smoothly everything was mainly ok in Egypt but as time went by troubles started to appear because Egyptian society was based on rivalry and under cutting ideology and the king of Egypt had no idea how to handle them so Egypt was also to go down but it was saved by leadership of Joseph. He not only saved Egypt from ruining itself but also pulled back Israelites as well and along them many other communities from the brink of destruction. All because he was into getting information about things and was totally submerged into making sense of things and because he understood things he was able to look at problems and offer solutions and that is how he managed to save humanity from potentially disastrous consequences. This is why this story is told in the Quran so that this prophet and his followers could learn the lessons in there.
When Joseph landed in Egypt after his rivals managed to get rid of him from their community because he was the candidate for leadership and that is not what they wanted, he then proved himself as a useful member of his newly adopted community in Egypt. This caused Joseph yet more problems because the community leadership there also became threatened by his mindset, attitude and behaviour with other people. Because of this problem he was thrown in prison, but when Egypt as a whole faced problems the king asked him to take control and run the country using his management skills for handling land and resources, means of production and distribution and people. He did this for years and turn the kingdom round. As he became famous for his hard work and wisdom his community also heard about him and came to see if they too could get some help and after a few trips they found out that it was same person whom they thrown out their community earlier so that they themselves could become leaders of their community. However they had not develop any skill for it and so ended up regretting their whole plan against Joseph because their community failed to rise to challenges that faced it.
Proclaim! In the name of Allah, the provider of psychological, sociological and biological needs of mankind,
1) Alif Laam Raa. These are articles of Our constitution that can lead mankind to dignity.
2) We have revealed it as a proclamation in a language that makes things distinct so that you the mankind who have learned reasoning make efforts to understand it and abide by it for your better future.
3) So let Us furnish you the mankind by means of this Quran with purposefully balanced information to abide by because without having this information earlier you acted like foolish people.
4) Call to mind the time when Joseph said to father of his nation, O father! I see bright future in unity of people as a community therefore I would like to see the leadership and the following accept my vision for their better future.
5) He replied, O son of my nation! Disclose not this dream of yours to your fellow community members just as yet in case they scheme a plot against you and catch you unprepared because the opposition based upon harmful and destructive mindset, attitude and behaviour is an open enemy of human community spirit.
6) Rest assured it will happen as you imagined because you will be chosen by your Creator and Sustainer for His mission so He will teach you how to diagnose problems properly relating individuals and communities and find their proper solutions that is how He will fulfil His mission through you and the ideological children of Jacob as He fulfilled it through your ideological forefathers Abraham and Isaac before you. That is how your Creator and Sustainer makes obvious for mankind that He rules the universe through wisdom.
7) Indeed in the account of Joseph and his community brethren there are lessons for would be leaders and supporters who want to learn how they should or should not conduct themselves in relation to fulfilment of their needs and desires as a people.
8) His community fellows who stood against his vision for society said to each other, see Joseph and his supporters they are loved and respected more by our community leadership than us even though we are a group of powerful people of this society. Our leadership is obviously wrong in not considering us for the leadership of our community.
9) Some said to others, in order to throw Joseph out of community leadership contest let us fight Joseph thereby force him out of this place to some far-off land so that the attention of leadership of your people focuses upon you alone as proper candidates for leadership of the community because only after doing that you can be of those who reach their ambition.
10) At this one of them said, you cannot fight Joseph but if you must do something instead get hold of him quietly and throw him into some dungeon till he could be picked up by some bandits so that he is out of our way.
11) So they ask their chief administrator, O chief of our nation! Why do you not appoint us as security guards over Joseph instead of those already responsible for it because we surely are his sincere well-wishers?
12) Pass on his security responsibility to us for future so that he could move about for taking care of his business without worrying about his security. We will indeed take good care of him.
13) He said to them, I will be anxious if you accompanied him because I am concerned in case some bandit attacks him the while you are caught unprepared off your guard.
14) They said, if a bandit could attack him despite our number and strength then surely we would be a worthless people.
15) That is how they were able to take him away because they plotted to place him into a dungeon. However We revealed this to Joseph that a time will come when you will make their this course of action a lesson for them but just now they are not learned enough to understand the harm they are inflicting upon themselves as a community.
When a people try to undermine their future leadership that has the potential to lead the community then people are set for a leader who is not as capable as the one undermined and as that happens, the community is set for decline. The only capable leader for the time being is Jacob but he is getting old and that means he is not going to be able to carry on as he could when he was young. This is why a capable successor is must if this community is to keep its dignity level at least to what it is. By bringing in incapable people as leaders the community is bound to be undermined because it is not going to have information and understanding needed for peaceful, progressive and prosperous community. Joseph showed that he had the potential to become a great leader due to being a man with vision for the future of the community. This his rivals will come to realise when they fail their community by not being people of vision. Nation building and keep it going needs a lot of hard work, which only a capable leadership can provide with equally good following that understands what leadership demands and why and how it can help to get it. Just as transfer of knowledge ie information plus its understanding needs a capable teacher so it needs a capable student. If either of them is incapable then there is going to be problem with teaching or learning and in both cases proper transfer of knowledge will fail to take place. The same is true when there is incapable leader or following.
16) At the end of the period of their responsibility for security of Joseph they returned to their chief crying in tears.
These people were made responsible for security of Joseph on temporary basis when their time is over they return but without Joseph and then offer excuses as to why Joseph has not come back with them.
17) They said, O our chief, we went on our individual businesses ahead of each other leaving Joseph behind to look after our things and at length the bandit attacked and made off with him. It is not that you are going to be satisfied with our this explanation but we are telling the truth.
18) That is how through rivalry and animosity they brought about denial of his right to succession of community leadership. He said, no I am not satisfied with your explanation rather people involved in your group have made you to cook up a tale regarding this matter. However steadfast persistence is needed for reaching the truth about this matter, so universal system and laws of Allah should be relied upon regarding that which you assert.
19) At length a party of bandits came by and they sent one of them to carry out the deal so he laid down his weaponry and came to see the merchant. After seeing the young man he said, O goodness! What a young man and took him to his group. Even though they kept him in hiding like a great treasure yet Allah makes obvious what they did.
20) His brethren sold him cheap in a hurry for a petty price of a few Dirhams to bandits, for that is what he was worth in their sight.
21) The Egyptian who bought Joseph from the bandits and freed him said to his community, treat him honourably as if he is one of us, he could prove very beneficial for us or we can adopt him as a son of our community. That is how We established Joseph in that piece of land and taught him the sense of handling all the affairs that need proper handling in a country. Allah has set laws to govern all affairs though most of the people learn not to realise it.
22) When he reached maturity We had already bestowed on him ability of gathering information about things and ways of making sense of all that. That is how We reward those who work hard for the good of the mankind.
23) However the ruling elite and priestly class of the community under whose jurisdiction he was, decided to try and change his way of doing things by closing all the ways of doing things to him saying, come join our way of doing things. He replied, I seek protection in universal system and laws of Allah Creator and Sustainer of mine Who has entrusted me with responsibility of this good land to manage things therein properly. Surely those who transgress His set limits therefore prosper not.
24) Yet party of ruling and priestly classes went ahead in order to try and change his mind and he too would have inclined towards its way of doing things had he not been shown by his Creator and Sustainer the results of their course of actions. That is how We shielded him from doing anything whereby he could harm and destroy others and bring gloom and doom upon himself therefore he remained true follower of Our guidance.
25) As each of the parties tried to outdo the other its own way the opposite party was involved in foul play right from the start because it attacked his person instead of his vision in order to shatter his personality. That is how the opponent party landed both the parties at the court of the chief of the community saying to him, what punishment does someone who intended harm and destruction against your community deserve other than imprisonment or a painful chastisement?
26) Joseph said, it was this party of rulers and priests that tried to move me away from my way of doing things and a group of people of this community was present at this event and saw all this. The community chief said that if his vision was attacked the right way then party of rulers and priests is telling the truth and he is lying
27) but if it was attacked the wrong way then he is speaking the truth and the party of rulers and priests is lying.
28) So when community chief examined the statements of the witnesses and came to conclusion that he was attacked the wrong way in order that his personality is destroyed he said to party of rulers and priests, it is one of the tricks of you the party of rulers and priests. Your conspiracy was mighty indeed!
29) He said, O Joseph, ignore their way of doing things and O party of rulers and priests, seek correction of the way you do things because you were indeed the ones who did things the wrong way.
30) However the word spread among communities of the township that party of ruling elite and priestly class under the governor of Egypt has conspired to change the way of doing things of its civil servant because the rest of the community has fallen madly in love with him the way he does things for it. In fact, we see it totally lost in his love.
31) At length when the embarrassing remarks became unbearable for party of ruling elite and priestly class, it invited them and prepared for them a banquet and gave each of them an opportunity to scrutinise his way of doing things. As they engaged in cross examination of his way of doing things, the party called on Joseph to come out to face them. When they examined him they were so amazed that they ended up shooting themselves in the foot so they exclaimed spontaneously, by goodness of Allah! He looks nothing like an ordinary person rather he looks like a highly ranked knowledgeable official of a noble descent.
32) The party of ruling elite and priestly class said, this is he about whom you blamed me. No doubt I conspired to change him but he escaped my set out trap for him. If he does not do things the way I say, he should be thrown into prison indeed to be disgraced.
33) Joseph said, O my Creator and Sustainer! I rather go to prison than do things the way they demand of me but unless You inspire me with some way out of their cunning trap for me I may end up trapped among them and forced to become of those who live not by Your guidance.
34) That is how his Creator and Sustainer inspired him with proper response warding off their cunning trap from him and that is how He makes obvious for mankind that He is indeed comprehensive in observation of all things.
35) But even after all the evidence they had seen they still decided to send him to prison for a time.
36) Two young men were also in the prison with him. One day they discussed with each other their individual ambitions so one of them said, I had a dream that in time I will become source of knowledge for the people. The other said, I had a dream of taking on responsibility of livelihood for people in which partake people who prove to be excellent in this kind of work. Tell us how can we have such outcomes for our these ambitions, we ask you about it because we see that you are a man who directs others for benefiting each other.
37) Joseph replied, I will explain to you how you should go about fulfilling your dreams before you start working on them to get the outcomes you desire because this is part of the knowledge about making sense of things which my Creator and Sustainer has taught me. In fact, I have nothing to do with rule of people who do not commit to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind according to guidance of Allah because they deny mankind the right to fruit of their hard work.
38) So instead I follow the guidance of Allah and guide others to do the same just like my forefathers Abraham and Isaac and Jacob. It is not fitting that we take any sovereigns other than Allah. This is our task/mission set by Allah for the benefit of mankind yet most of the people do not benefit from it.
It is of vital importance that people understand words and concepts attached to them for proper understanding of deen. Failing that one cannot understand deen.
It is one thing to know meaning of a word but another to know why a word is given that meaning. Unless one knows the reasons behind any meanings given to any word it is not possible to see the depth and width involved in the expression.
Take root SHEEN, KAAF and RAA of word YASHKUROON. The meaning attached to this root is thanks ie a word we use when someone does something for us that we need or want. The question is, what is the basic concept behind this meaning?
God provided us with all we will ever need or want, he also provided us with guidance. When the Quran tells us to be grateful what does it actually mean? It means appreciate by using gifts of God ie grow, prosper, develop by using what you are given as told. This cannot happen if we say thanks by word but no thanks by deed. God has given us everything and we by word say thanks God but we at the same time say no thanks to God because we do not use what he has given us appropriately to benefit from it as we are supposed to. This idea of thanking God therefore proves totally absurd and meaningless.
We seek help of others and others seek help from us, the question is, do we understand what is going on in this process? When someone asks us for help, it means one has some need that one wants fulfilled. What happens when a need is not fulfilled? The person fails to grow or develop because one has become stuck. By helping such a person we are actually helping him to start growing again or become unstuck or free against and start moving.
Now imagine that one asks for our help but when we help him he abuses our help by misusing it, will you help that person again when you know what he has done already? This time even if you help again you will ensure one does not abuse your help again. If you do not then you are not a good helper either because you are not helping the right person properly so you are not fulfilling your responsibility either. You are abusing your capacity of helping someone who does not appreciate your help. So your help is wasted and you let it go to waste. On the other hand you could have helped the right person who could have appreciated your help.
This is important point because our ability to help is gifted and we are not allowed to misuse it. It is like you are part of a government and people have put you there to manage their funds and affairs and you just do as you like instead of using what you are given as told by the government. The result of misuse is that things depreciate in value instead of appreciation ie instead of growing they shrink. If this use and abuse of things continues imagine the end result.
This is why we need to learn more than just simple meanings of words to really understand the message of the Quran. Actions speak louder than words and just saying thanks God is meaningless if you are abusing his gifts in reality by your actions. Appropriating use of things is proper thanks because it adds to value and helps growth and improper use of things is no thanks because it causes devaluation and depreciation and depression. This is how due to ignorance of deen the ummah is strangling itself out of existence or driving itself into painful suffering.
It shows foolishness of people who tell us useless things as deen as well as foolishness of ourselves because we follow such people who have turned our deen into a meaningless thing. This is why we must come back to the Quran and learn how to understand it properly so that we become aware of what our deen really is.
39) O my fellow inmates! Tell me, what is better, many different rulers or just one sovereign, Allah, the one capable of handling all affairs?
40) Those whom you take as rulers other than Him are nothing but mere name sake rulers which you and your forefathers have put in place on basis of baseless ideas through make beliefs for which Allah has revealed no authority whatsoever. Surely sovereignty belongs to none but Allah Who has ordained that you take none as ruler save Him. That is the way of doing things which is properly balanced yet most of the people do not learn to understand it.
These verses expose the lies of rulers, priests, moneylenders and their supporters who derive their authorities in the name of God through each other. In this situation rulers have no authority to appoint any priests or hand over community wealth to anyone as his personal property in the name of God and likewise priests have no authority to put rulers in place for community in the name of God. It is all a mechanism set up by such people working together to make fool of masses to deprive them of their God given rights to all that exists. It is due to this mechanism priests fool masses by instilling in their minds ideas of sins and forgiveness and their power of intervention in affairs of God as intercessors and atonement through sacrifice and donations as charity etc etc. This is why masses inflict more harm on each other because they have the idea in their heads that in the end God will forgive them their sins. This is why people do such evil thinking it is good which priests instil in their heads which is in fact doctored indoctrination to make people do things they want them to do in the name of God.
41) As to your dreams O my inmates! Each of you will be released soon from the prison and one of you will serve wine of knowledge to your king and the other will be placed firmly on state affairs of which people will have their provisions. That is how your ambitions will become realities regarding which you asked for directions.
42) Then to the one who he thought will be elevated to the position of advisor to his king out of both of them said, do let your king know about my case. But the lack of attention made him forget to mention the case of Joseph to his king, so he remained in the prison a few more years.
43) Then one day the king of Egypt said to his counsel, I see a number of big splits in my people in which are involved many weak members of our society but I also see a number of long periods of stability and prosperity as well as number of periods of instability and exploitation and hardship. O chiefs! Explain to me how can I reach my desired outcome if you can analyse the situation and the circumstances and plan ahead in order to guide me.
44) They replied, these are depressing thoughts and we are not skilled in dealing with situations like this.
45) Thereupon one of the two released prisoners remembered after a long time and spoke up, I will tell you how to handle this situation just send me to Joseph.
46) So he came and said, O Joseph my truly well wishing friend! Explain to us how to handle the situation wherein are involved a number of big splits in people in which are involved many weak members of society and also wherein are possible a number of long periods of stability and prosperity as well as number of periods of instability and exploitation and hardship, so that I return to the people who sent me and let them know the solution to their problems.
Egypt originally was ok but due to changes in Egypt rivalry based system became adopted so people became divided and as gap between rich and poor grew a time reached when people became uneasy and troubled to such degree that the king became alarmed and put the problem he saw before his council seeking their advice and opinion. They failed to advise him properly but the while they discussed this matter one of the council members remembers Joseph due to his ability to solve problems. So he asks to be sent to Joseph to ask for advice.
47) He replied, you should actively cultivate good relations among all people in the land for a number of years till it becomes a normal way of life then whatever good relationship you manage to develop maintain it in its good state though you will participate in this program just a little.
48) However your failure to reach the target after this advice could bring upon you a number of years of hardship and troubles that will render useless whatever steps you would have taken already save a little which you may have specifically paid attention to.
49) But if you managed to repair and maintain your society after that will come a period of abundant prosperity during which the people will benefit greatly.
50) However instead of following the program as told by Joseph the king said, bring this man to me. When the messenger came Joseph said to him, go back to your king and ask him about the case of those communities that lost their case due to loss of their ability to produce worthy argument. Indeed my Creator and Sustainer has exposed their plot for people to see for what it was.
51) The king called them in to his court and questioned them saying, what do you say about the incident when you attempted to wrong foot Joseph? They replied, Allah forbid! We know of no harmful motive on his part against our community. The party of ruling elite and priestly class that was under governor of Egypt said, now that the truth has come to light, it was I who attempted to wrong foot him against his way of doing things. The fact is, he is absolutely trustable.
52) Joseph said, by this inquiry I meant to let the governor of Egypt know that I did not betray him in his absence regarding the responsibility he assigned to me and that Allah does not let the plots of the treacherous succeed for long.
53) This I did, not because I am free of human needs and desires but to prove that human needs and desires prompt one to do harm to others even for petty personal gain unless one follows program of my Creator and Sustainer for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind and that is how program of my Lord protects humanity against harm and destruction.
The precepts according to which Joseph worked in Egypt were attacked by priests of Egypt because he wanted to treat people as human beings but the way of Egypt was master slave relationship between people. This is what now forced Egyptians to leave and join the way of doing things Joseph told them right from the start. This shows how people do not see sense in perfectly sensible explanations till they fall in trouble and then learn things the hard way but even that is not the case for people like Pharaoh in time of Moses. These people were very fortunate that they saw troubles and straight away looked for their solutions and accepted change of ways.
54) The king said, bring him to me so that I appoint him to assist me in taking care of affairs of the kingdom. When Joseph was brought to the king and they had mutual talk the king said, from now on you have an honourable place among us and you will enjoy our full confidence.
55) Seeing the situation that kingdom was going to be destroyed through disintegration by civil wars if right steps were not taken Joseph requested the king, let me deal with the people and resources of the land. Certainly I know how to manage people and resources to avoid what is otherwise inevitable and rest assured I have all the knowledge needed for the task ahead.
This verse shows that capable people must put themselves forward for community work for whatever work they are good at or are capable of so that they could contribute and the community could benefit from their contributions. If a people have community spirit then they fight off any disaster no matter how bad it is. It gives people motivation and courage to appreciate each other’s works and contributions. On the other hand using and abusing each other disheartens people about each and all use and abuse each other and no one care what happens to any other person. The harmful and destructive mindset, attitude and behaviour has no advantage for humanity other than short lived personal gain. This becomes a problem for life because a human goes through various stages in life that put one in an advantageous position in one respect at one time with another person but at the same time or another time it puts one at a disadvantaged position with the same person or another person. So if one takes advantage of one person another takes advantage of him so pressure is on from both sides at both the times which makes life a misery due to being full of unnecessary worries and anxiety and at times regrets. In a community with community spirit there is no pressure because there is no danger present from each other. All people have to worry about is how can they do more and more for the betterment of each other as a community.
56) Thus We established Joseph in the land to live therein in any way he wished within Our set limits. We bestow understanding of Our program for peace, progress and prosperity upon whoever works for it because We do not let the outcome of the people who work hard to benefit each other go to waste.
57) So reward is even greater in future for those who commit to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind because they remain consistent with Our program, constitution and law for the benefit of mankind.
58) That is how there came to see Joseph his brethren and as they came in his presence he recognized them but they failed in recognizing him.
In time as Joseph became famous as a helpful person his community fellows also heard about his reputation so they came to see him just to see if tey can get something out of him. When people do not live by advice of God then they fail to see problems they need to take care of and themselves become serious problem for each other through rivalries and animosities. This increases problems due to natural disasters many folds. It is like one is already drowning and others are throwing stones at him instead of putting their effort into saving him. This is why humanity fails to make progress at the speed it ought to. When people waste their efforts on fighting each other they fail to pay attention to matters that really matter for their survival. They fail to farm on time or destroy crop through fighting each other so hunger strikes. Mankind need to spend more and more time on monitoring and planning in advance for taking care of all their needs and then work on those plans to be ready for all eventualities well in time. This is why people need to stick to education that gives them a community worth the name and then concentrate on other things that need to be done. If rain does not happen it should matter not because there is plenty of water here on the surface of the earth which humanity should take advantage of. This cannot be done unless people observe natural phenomena and see how things happen in nature and then try doing them. The more people become capable of doing this the more independent of nature mankind can become. After all why or how we invented things so far and why don’t people do the same more and more so that human problems could be solved instead of investing in wars with each other and trying to waste human resource? It is time that humanity came together and coordinated its efforts and complemented each other in planning and doing things so that past mistakes do not continue and new mistakes could be prevented as much as it is humanly possible. This is the major lesson in this story ie how people managed to avert crisis by working together according to divine plan.
59) At length when he had equipped them with whatever they needed he said to them, come again to me with other bother of yours with approval of father of your nation. Do you not find me fulfilling needs of people properly and I deal with people in a dignified way?
60) However if you do not come to me with your other brother then you will not have my personal assistance because you will not have my personal attention.
61) They replied, we will certainly try our best to get him from his father. This try we will surely do.
62) So Joseph told his officials to load their things they brought for trading back into their loads in such a way that they should come to know about it only when they reach back to their people so that they come again.
63) When they returned to father of their nation they said, Father! Assistance as of now is denied to us unless we take with us our brother therefore send our brother with us so that we may get our measure, we will take full responsibility for his safety and security.
64) He said, should I trust you for his security as I once trusted you for security of his brother? However laws of Allah are unique when it comes to security of mankind because He is provider of the program with all the necessities that can ensure peace, progress and prosperity of humanity.
65) However in time when they opened their baggage they discovered that their stuff for trading had been returned to them. Father! They said, what more do we need? Here is our stuff for trading given back to us. This means we can get more things of need for our people and we will take good care of our brother if you let him go with us because we can get an extra caravan load of things.
66) The father of their community replied, I will never send him with you unless you enter in an agreement with me according to law of Allah under oath that you will surely bring him back to me unless you are overcome by some other unforeseen situation rendering you helpless. After they had entered agreement under oath he said, law of Allah is our basis for this agreement you entered.
The purpose of swearing under oath in Islam is to hold the person under legal obligation according to law of Allah. This means if the person making a pledge under oath deliberately fails in his duty then he is to be punished for doing so. It is as if one has lied under oath in the court of law. The other point to be noticed here is the way agreement is made ie people are exempt from responsibility if something happens to them which is beyond their capacity to handle and this exemption is brought in by the very person who wants the agreement of them. The person dictating the terms is ensuring that the other party is not under undue pressure due to this obligation. It shows how fair minded people think ie instead of taking advantage of the other party they ensure that they are not taken undue advantage of. The question is, what happens if you force upon people things that are beyond their capacity? They will not be able to fulfil such obligations and will be forced to do wrong things including making false pledges which they would mean not to carry out and this both the parties end up losers as a community.
67) Moreover he advised them saying, O my children! Do not drive yourselves into isolation and obscurity instead explore different ways to be part of wider human community and remember that I cannot tell you anything against the set-up system and laws of Allah because none has the right to set-up system and laws other than Allah. Upon His set-up system and laws I rely and upon His set-up system and laws should rely all who wish to rely upon something dependable that never fails including yourselves.
68) So when they made the entry as their father of community had advised them soon it became clear to them that nothing can benefit anyone against the set-up system and laws of Allah, nonetheless it was community responsibility that Jacob addressed. After all he possessed the knowledge which We had given him even though most of the people do not bother to learn to be sensible.
69) When they entered upon Joseph, he called his brother to himself and said, it is I your brother Joseph, so grieve not at what they have been doing to us and our people.
70) At length when Joseph had finished arranging the load of their provisions, he gave a party in honour of his brother. Later on when they were on the way back home a crier called out to them saying, O people of the caravan! You may have taken something without our permission.
71) They turned round and asked, what is it that you find missing?
72) The officials said, we have lost the vessel of the king with which we measure things and the one who finds it and brings it back will be awarded a camel-load of provision, I guarantee it.
73) Joseph’s brethren said, by Allah! You should know by our behaviour during our stay here that we did not come here to cause any trouble in your land and we are not a people who take things belonging to others without their permission.
74) The official said, what should be the punishment for the person who has taken something belonging to others if you prove to be wrong?
75) They replied, the penalty for him in whose stuff you find the royal measuring vessel will be that he should compensate you for what he did to you, that is how we punish those who do wrong.
These verses tell about mindset of people who are quick in putting blame on others when anything goes wrong instead of holding back and waiting for the outcome of the inquiry as to what actually has happened. Here the officials loose the state vessel for measuring things and they think that these people whom they served last they may have left that vessel by mistake in their luggage so they follow them and ask them if that vessel is in their stuff. The vessel could not be checked unless luggage was opened and searched. Instead of letting them get on with search they say we are not thieves ie they try to hinder search as if they did steal the vessel. After the vessel is found and they are proven wrong they take no time and straightaway accuse their community brother for deliberately stealing the vessel. Not only that they also accuse his brother as well for stealing for no reason at all. It shows how foolish these people were and yet these people wanted to become leaders of their community. They had no sense of self respect and dignity of their own community. Seeing this situation Joseph decides not to send his brother back home with them just in case they do something to him as they done what they did to Joseph himself. He tells them I am holding him back as a result of you people being proven wrong about vessel not being in your stuff. Since you lied so I am holding your brother back. Now they start moaning about problems they have back home in their own community. This forces Joseph to disclose himself and let them know who he is so that they learn some lesson from all this. Seeing their mindset, attitude and behaviour he decides to move all of his community to where he himself is because otherwise there was no more leadership in that community to take it forward seeing the mindset of his fellow member of the community.
76) After this Joseph first began to search the packs of others before the pack of his brother. Finally he took the vessel out of his brother’s package. Thus We directed Joseph, for He could not hold back his brother under the law of the king but Allah fulfils His plan always. We exalt in ranks whoever works according to Our set out laws because above all the learned is the One Who makes information obvious for them.
Because community brothers of Joseph exposed themselves, Joseph was able to save his brother from theim
77) After accusation of theft the brethren of Joseph remarked, this is no surprise if he has committed a theft because his brother also committed a theft before him. Despite hearing this Joseph suppressed his feelings and did not reveal anything to them but said to himself, what a terrible situation you people are putting yourselves in and Allah will make obvious the truth about that about which you accuse me.
78) They said, O noble governor! The father of the accused is a great leader of the nation who may not take this lightly, so take one of us instead of him. We surely see that you are one of those who do good for others.
79) Joseph replied, I seek protection through law of Allah therefore far from me be that we seize other than the one with whom we found our property or we will be unjust indeed.
80) When they lost their hope of moving Joseph, they went aside to confer in private. The leading one among them said to rest, you know that your father had taken a solemn pledge in the name of Allah and you also know how you fell short of your duty to Allah with respect to Joseph therefore I am not going to leave this land until the father of our nation permits me or Allah decides for me the matter some other way because He is unique of all those who claim to be the rulers.
81) So go back to father of your nation without me and say, father, your son has committed theft. We did not seen him stealing but we can testify only to what we know. How could we guard against this unforeseen situation?
82) You may enquire from the people of the city where we lodged and the caravan in which we travelled that we are indeed telling the truth.
83) When Jacob is told this he said, no! You yourselves have contrived a story once more. However I will remain steadfastly persistent in pursuing this case. May be thereby Allah will bring them all back to me because He makes his wisdom known to mankind through His rule.
84) He turned his face away from them crying, Alas for Joseph! His eyes became filled with tears of grief and he became overwhelmed by sorrow.
85) They said, by Allah! you will not cease to remember Joseph until you ruin your health or kill yourself by this grief.
86) He said, I complain of my distress and grief to Allah Alone and I know from Allah what you know not.
87) O my children! Go and search for Joseph and his brother. Never give up hope in mercy of Allah, in fact none despairs of mercy of Allah except people who fail to put their trust in His guidance.
88) When they went back to Egypt and entered the office of Joseph they said, O noble governor! We and our people are in distress because we are running short on money so please give us full quota and also more out of your own generosity. Surely Allah rewards those who help others.
89) Hearing this he said, do you know what you did to Joseph and his brother while acting out of ignorance
90) In surprise they cried, what! Are you really Joseph? He said, Yes! I am Joseph and this is my brother. Allah has indeed been gracious to us all. In fact he who is consistent with laws of Allah for the good of humanity Allah does not let the reward of such good people go to waste.
91) They said, by Allah! surely we can now see why Allah has chosen you instead of us. We have indeed been guilty of side stepping His guidance.
92) Joseph said, there is no blame on you today. May Allah protect you all! He is unique of those who provide blissful sustenance!
93) Go take the news of my khilaafah and cast it before my father, he will rediscover his happy sight. Thereafter come back to me with all the members of your community.
94) When the caravan started from Egypt the father of their nation in Canaan said, Certainly I feel the presence of power of Joseph even though you the people around me may think I am out of my mind.
95) They said, by Allah! You are still suffering from your old illusion.
96) However when the bearer of the good news arrived, he cast the news of his khilaafah before him so he regained his happy sight then he said, did I not tell you that I know due to understanding of set laws of Allah what you do not learn to understand?
97) They said, Father! Bring about harm and destruction free community for our future because we have inflicted harm and destruction upon each other in the past and suffered because of that.
98) He replied, soon I will bring about a harm and destruction free community for you as advised by my Creator and Sustainer, surely He protects mankind through His program for blissful life for them.
99) After a while when they came to Joseph he asked leaders and supporters of his community to become his protectorates and said, now that you have come to Egypt if program of Allah is implemented fully and remains enforced then you will find yourselves at peace in here and will progress and prosper.
100) That is how he raised the management and the managed of his community to heights of dignified life because they all accepted his proposal so he said, O father of my nation, this is the fulfilment of my vision that I had long ago, because my following of program of my Creator and Sustainer has turned it into a reality. It was goodness of His mission indeed as planned by Him that He brought me out of prison to put me to work whereby He brought you all here from the unproductive land even though the opponents had stirred up strife between me and my community brethren. For sure my Creator and Sustainer fulfils His plan subtly in mysterious ways. Surely He makes His wisdom obvious for mankind to learn from to make sense of things.
101) O Creator and Sustainer of mine! You have indeed given me the kingdom and taught me all the knowhow about all the affairs of the kingdom. The originator of the heavens and the earth, Your program has been my protector from the beginning of my life and it will remain my protector to the end of my life, so fulfil me completely so long as I remain committed to your set-up system and laws thereby keep me as a part of those who try to put things right.
102) Even though this account which We have revealed to you is a collection about the past events when you the people were not there with brethren of Joseph who together conspired and schemed against him
103) but they are revealed for you so that you too strive as he did in the face of adversity and opposition because most people are not going to commit to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind otherwise no matter how much you may desire it for them.
104) This is why you are not to demand any wage for educating people with this information, it is because this Quran is to be made accessible for all the people in the world through hard work for their benefit.
105) There are many proofs for it throughout the heavens and the earth which people come across yet they pay no attention to them for understanding things
106) and as a result most of them who declare commitment to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind in the name of Allah yet abide by rule of other than Allah.
107) Do they feel they can become secure from gloom and doom against the set-up system and laws of Allah by doing things this way or that the hour of uprising will not come upon them all of a sudden while they are not expecting it?
This verse brings attention of people to a very important point that if people keep accepting just any ruler and keep following make belief systems and laws, will they be secure from all sorts of troubles and painful suffering? They will not because these rulers will keep taking advantage of them and time will come when painful suffering will saturate in the community as it keeps spreading and starts affecting everyone. It is therefore better that people go for what is right and have no worries for future because all become aware what is expect next and it is all well and good.
108) Tell them clearly that the way Joseph did things is my way too and I invite all of you the people in the world to Allah on the basis of verifiable information that I and my supporters possess. Behold! Sovereignty only belongs to Allah and his program is the best therefore I am not of those who abide by rule of any other than Allah.
109) All the messengers We sent before you O Muhammad, were human beings of great courage, to such We sent Our revelations after choosing them from among the people of their own township. Have these people who oppose Our guidance not travelled through the land and seen what was the end of those who passed away before them due to ignoring Our advice? From the end results of their ways of doing things you should be able to know that the end result was better for those who did things the way they were consistent with Our advice for their own good. So why don’t you learn things to understand things so that you do things the way they benefit you as a united human community?
110) Respite was always granted to nations until the messengers gave up hope of reformation of their people so they left them to themselves because they came to the conclusion that their people will keep on denying each other their rights to provision, however Our advice came to be of help to those who chose to do things Our way whereby We delivered them their goal but Our foretold consequences could not be averted by those who lived their lives against Our advice and became criminals inflicting harm and destruction upon each other thereby ended up destroyed.
111) There is a lesson in these like accounts of the nations of the past for the people who learn things to understand them for their own betterment. This account of Joseph revealed in the Quran is not an invented tale but a confirmation of what is true in the previous scriptures, a detailed exposition of all things mankind need to live a good life because it is a roadmap to prosperity for a people who commit to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind.
Last edited by Mughal
on Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:12 am, edited 5 times in total.
- Posts: 312
- Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:45 am
- Location: Islamabad & Glasgow
Glad to see you back Mughal., well let us put again some of Mughal's Quarn with Real Quran that is translated by well known Arabic Scholar Muhammad Habib Shakir Who graduated in Islamic studies from Cairo Al Azhar University. Shakir's translation has background
Mughal wrote:[Surah 53 AN-NAJM–The Beacon For Peace
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
 I cite as evidence the beacon for peace as it takes him along,
SHAKIR: I swear by the star when it goes down.
 therefore your companion strays not, nor can be misguided
SHAKIR: Your companion does not err, nor does he go astray;
 or attributes anything to Allah as His revelation that is result of his own thought process
SHAKIR: Nor does he speak out of desire.
 rather this Quran is revealed to him as a revelation
SHAKIR: It is naught but revelation that is revealed,
 which He is taught by the one full of strength,
SHAKIR: The Lord of Mighty Power has taught him,
 the one with power has thus perfected him
SHAKIR: The Lord of Strength; so he attained completion,
 to the highest standard for mission of guidance of mankind.
SHAKIR: And he is in the highest part of the horizon.
 For he approached wisdom intellectually and rose to a level whereat he could benefit from Our revelation so we completed his circuit of knowledge with the Quran.
SHAKIR: Then he drew near, then he bowed
 like joining of two bows that make the circle complete,
SHAKIR: So he was the measure of two bows or closer still.
 and that is how Allah revealed to Muhammad the Quran that He wanted to reveal.
SHAKIR: And He revealed to His servant what He revealed.
 and that is why his heart did not deny that about which he was given insight.
SHAKIR: The heart was not untrue in (making him see) what he saw.
 Will you then fight with him over what he has learned that you have not bothered with?
SHAKIR: What! do you then dispute with him as to what he saw?
 He can refer to the guidance any time henceforth
SHAKIR: And certainly he saw him in another descent,
 To reach the ultimate goal of establishing the divine constitution beyond which none should go
SHAKIR: At the farthest lote-tree;
 because therein rests a world full of bliss.
SHAKIR: Near which is the garden, the place to be resorted to.
 Before he knew this goal and its constitution the life was surrounded in mystery for him.
SHAKIR: When that which covers covered the lote-tree;
 He never gave up on learning nor was he disappointed about it after he became aware of it
SHAKIR: The eye did not turn aside, nor did it exceed the limit.
 because he did indeed come across some of his Lord’s great lessons.
SHAKIR: Certainly he saw of the greatest signs of his Lord.
 So have you O prophet seen in your lessons any authorisation for concept of (Al-Laat) the sovereignty of a human over another human being, and (Al-Uzza) the sovereignty of priesthood over masses,
SHAKIR: Have you then considered the Lat and the Uzza,
 and about the third one (Manaat) the sovereignty of rich over the poor?
SHAKIR: And Manat, the third, the last?
 Is it proper in your view that some of you should have sovereignty by any such means to rule over others and for the others to accept any such arrangement?
SHAKIR: What! for you the males and for Him the females!
 This indeed is an unfair division of power and wealth and so it should be removed!
SHAKIR: This indeed is an unjust division!
 These are nothing but concepts which you and your political, religious and wealthy leading people have invented for your own benefits, Allah has not granted any such authority about such divisions of power. The opposers of divine revelation follow nothing but their self-created concepts due to harmful and destructive ambitions of their own even though the proper guidance of Allah has already come to them from their Lord.
SHAKIR: They are naught but names which you have named, you and your fathers; Allah has not sent for them any authority. They follow naught but conjecture and the low desires which (their) souls incline to; and certainly the guidance has come to them from their Lord.
 Or do you the mankind still think man should be left to his own destructive devices after seeing the results of his course of actions?
SHAKIR: Or shall man have what he wishes?
 No, not at all because to Allah alone belongs the right of authorising laws from the very first till the very last as regard all matters relating law being the creator and sustainer of all that exists.
SHAKIR: Nay! for Allah is the hereafter and the former (life).
 How many a people are there in the high positions of authority yet their intervention benefits none unless one follows the course of action according to the constitution of Allah by his own freewill, that is how Allah approves his course of action.
SHAKIR: And how many an angel is there in the heavens whose intercession does not avail at all except after Allah has given permission to whom He pleases and chooses.
 Yet those who commit not to working for peace for the better end goal for mankind assign administrative responsibilities for the management of the masses to the people for name sake
SHAKIR: Most surely they who do not believe in the hereafter name the angels with female names.
 because they do not have the proper knowledge about their role to fulfil it. They just follow their chaotic course of actions and such courses of actions accomplish nothing that is purposeful and beneficial for humanity.
SHAKIR: And they have no knowledge of it; they do not follow anything but conjecture, and surely conjecture does not avail against the truth at all.
 Therefore expect not much good for humanity of those who ignore Our advice and seek only the life of this world as par their harmful and destructive ambitions.
SHAKIR: Therefore turn aside from him who turns his back upon Our reminder and does not desire anything but this world's life.
 This is the summing up of what they know of the knowledge. Surely your Lord will make obvious in due course those who have strayed from His advised path as well as those rightly guided.
SHAKIR: That is their goal of knowledge; surely your Lord knows best him who goes astray from His path and He knows best him who follows the right direction.
 And to Allah belongs sovereignty over all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth, so it has to be according to His set up law to requite those who do harm to others according to their deeds as well as to richly reward those who do good to others for their deeds.
SHAKIR: And Allah's is what is in the heavens and what is in the earth, that He may reward those who do evil according to what they do, and (that) He may reward those who do good with goodness.
 As to those who avoid inflicting major harms on each other - that bring about their disintegration as a community but instead support each other - for them program of your Lord is abundantly blissful. He makes this abundantly evident for you since He nurtures you in to communities from the humble beginnings just like when you were embryos in wombs of your mothers. So delude not yourselves and your people through solutions for your problems based on make belief ideas, for He makes obvious in due course through their actions such as fully support others for achieving His set goal.
SHAKIR: Those who keep aloof from the great sins and the indecencies but the passing idea; surely your Lord is liberal in forgiving. He knows you best when He brings you forth from the earth and when you are embryos in the wombs of your mothers; therefore do not attribute purity to your souls; He knows him best who guards (against evil).
 So how would you catch the one who turns away from supporting His program?
SHAKIR: Have you then seen him who turns his back?
 It is because such a one gives very little support and even that grudgingly just for show to avoid detection.
SHAKIR: And gives a little and (then) withholds.
 Is his future obvious to him that he can see it secure needing no help of anyone else?
SHAKIR: Has he the knowledge of the unseen so that he can see?
 Or has he not been informed about what was in the scrolls of Moses,
SHAKIR: Or, has he not been informed of what is in the scriptures of Musa?
 and of Abraham who always kept his word?
SHAKIR: And (of) Ibrahim who fulfilled (the commandments):
 That none should fulfil the duty of another,
SHAKIR: That no bearer of burden shall bear the burden of another-
 and that there should be no reward for a person save what he has worked for,
SHAKIR: And that man shall have nothing but what he strives for-
 that his hard work should be monitored properly,
SHAKIR: And that his striving shall soon be seen-
 that he should be rewarded for his hard work sufficiently,
SHAKIR: Then shall he be rewarded for it with the fullest reward-
 that it is sole right of your Lord to set out ultimate goal for mankind and the constitution for achieving it
SHAKIR: And that to your Lord is the goal-
 whereby He grants prosperity to its proper followers and let remain in a mess its opposers,
SHAKIR: And that He it is Who makes (men) laugh and makes (them) weep;
 that is how He brings nations to life or lets them perish.
SHAKIR: And that He it is Who causes death and gives life-
 Moreover it is He Who evolved people in to two categories, the managers (administrators/parents) and the managed (societies/children),
SHAKIR: And that He created pairs, the male and the female
 from the very same origin since they started out,
SHAKIR: From the small seed when it is adapted
 and He took it upon Himself to guide them to develop to their full potential.
SHAKIR: And that on Him is the bringing forth a second time;
 This is how He bestowed necessities and luxuries of life upon them to give them satisfying peaceful life thereby,
SHAKIR: And that He it is Who enriches and gives to hold;
 That is how He bestows intelligence and realisation through His revelation.
SHAKIR: And that He is the Lord of the Sirius;
 and likewise He let destroy themselves the people of Aad for not using their intelligence to benefit from His revelation,
SHAKIR: And that He did destroy the Ad of old
 then the people of Thamud without any of them being spared,
SHAKIR: And Samood, so He spared not
 and before them opponents of Noah, who were the most unjust and rebellious people.
SHAKIR: And the people of Nuh before; surely they were most unjust and inordinate;
 And similarly were destroyed the cities of Lot that were vanquished.
SHAKIR: And the overthrown cities did He overthrow,
 They were all overwhelmed by their self destructive ways of life.
SHAKIR: So there covered them that which covered.
 So which of your Lord’s blessings would you deny for each other and yet survive similar destructions?
SHAKIR: Which of your Lord's benefits will you then dispute about?
 This warner is just like the warners of the people of the past.
SHAKIR: This is a warner of the warners of old.
 The ever approaching day of destruction is drawing near if you do not stop living in a destructive way.
SHAKIR: The near event draws nigh.
 None other than Allah could explain such things to you to save you from your self destruction and to give you life of peace and prosperity.
SHAKIR: There shall be none besides Allah to remove it.
 Do you still find this revelation strange after all this explanation
SHAKIR: Do you then wonder at this announcement?
 and take it for a joke instead of following it
SHAKIR: And will you laugh and not weep?
 and wasting your time in doing useless things for solving your problems
SHAKIR: While you are indulging in varieties.
 instead of submitting yourselves to program of Allah and carrying it out faithfully?
SHAKIR: So make obeisance to Allah and serve (Him).
Well that is good to read both Quran's side by side. And Ihope Mughul can sell his Quran and preach it in Mosques., Mughul I wonder whether you have also completed a URDU translation of your Quran..??
with best regards
- Posts: 6369
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:17 pm
Mughal wrote:Dear friends, greetings, I have been away for a while to study the quran once more and here is the result of that. This thread I am going to use for translation of the quran and for discussions please open other threads and if I can participation time permitting I will try and join in. It will be better if I am allowed to complete this thread for future references on this site first so that people can then see where I am coming from. It is also possible that a lot questions will disappear just by reading this translation.
1) SURAH AL FATIHA=The divine proclamation
1) In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful,
2) Behold, the sovereignty belongs to Allah alone because He is the creator and the sustainer of the kingdoms of the universe,
3) The gracious, the merciful,
4) The provider of the constitution for mankind to live by.
5) Therefore O mankind declare that only to Your constitution we commit and through its help we will seek your sustenance,
6) Therefore show us thereby the firmly founded way to peace and prosperity,
7) The way of those whom you blessed with peace and prosperity, of those whom you did not let suffer indignation because they went not away from Your constitution.
I thought the koran was supposed to be exclusively the word of allah:
(1) That means that the first person plural "we" must be allah. Is that the "Royal we"? If so, to what god is allah talking? Is there another god out there?
(2) Who is the "you"? To whom is allah beseeching? Remember, the koran is supposed to be only allah talking.
If the "we" are really people, and the you is "allah", that means that allah is not talking in the first sura. That means that the koran is not exclusively the word of allah.
So either allah is beseeching the help of another god or the koran is not the word of allah.
Or is allah such a vainglorious whoremaster that he is praying to himself?
The prophet of Islam was nothing more than a common criminal.
Please tell me if this is accurate:
“I have fabricated things against God and have imputed to Him words which He has not spoken.”
~MUHAMMAD (Al-Tabari 6:111)
- Posts: 1677
- Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:36 pm
Surah 13 ARRAAD–The powerful dignifying message for mankind
This Surah is named with word RAAD from root RAA, AIN and DAAL. It means thunder, forceful or vigorous message, campaign or agitation to accomplish or establish a goal, tumult, chaos, confusion, tremor, upheaval, uprising, shiver, shudder, tremble, threat, fright, flab, faint hearted, weak minded, jelly like thing etc etc.
This Surah is named RAAD because it carries a thundering message for dignifying humanity through explanation as to what this universe is all about that and place of humanity in it which is irrefutable. The concepts of program, system and law are very powerful for mankind because humanity cannot live in chaos and confusion forever therefore it must organise itself and learn to live by constitution and its laws so that it could have a life worth living in the end. The message is powerful because it challenges religious make beliefs forcefully explaining why and how things happen in nature ie they are not result of some kind of magic but happen because of systems, processes and mechanisms etc and al people need to do observe them carefully to understand things and then try and learn how to replicate them and take advantage of them. Man is not created a slave to nature but to be its mini master one day. This is why this Surah explains system and laws at work in nature so that mankind realise how they can organise and work together to have a smooth life that is less susceptible to upheavals and bloody revolutions. If people already know what to expect then they save themselves from lots of unnecessary worries. To understand natural laws is very important for mankind eg if we know how the fire works then we could rely on it when we use it to do something but if we did not know how it worked or could never find out then our lives will be turned upside down. For example, we make tea on fire and it works the same for all ie it heats up the water. If it heated water some times and some times froze it then we will not come to know what to expect each time we put the kettle on fire. This is how God explains that likewise if you also lived by laws and regulated your lives sensibly then a lot of chaos and confusion we see in everyday life will reduce to a minimum. This is why laws of nature are never suspended and miracles are not shown because that would have confused humanity instead of leading them to certainty. It is a very decisive Surah as to why miracles should not be expected and that it is a false concept in light of laws of nature.
There are only three ways to approach something to discover its reality. Top down, bottom up and half split method. This means you either start from the very top and work downwards or start at the very bottom and work upwards or start somewhere in the middle and work upwards and downwards as it makes things easier.
Existence of God can be proven using all three ways. If we go by top down approach we can begin by supposing existence of God on the basis that nothing can come to being by itself out of nothingness so there has to be some intelligent being there already with ability of creation. However, to positively confirm that further the concept of revelation has to be brought in to complete the argument. It is because existence of God on its own serves no purpose for us human beings ie we cannot know why that existing being created the universe and what is our role in that scheme of things.
If we start from creation and revelation then we can do the same ie prove thereby existence of God because the universal realities and Quranic message back each other up fully so if the Quranic claims can be proven through observation of universal realities then such information and universe could not have come about from any other source than the creator and sustainer of the universe. It is because human beings are not developed that much even today as much information the Quran contains because of the nature of this information. Likewise one can start with study of the Quran or the universe and keep going till one reaches the final conclusion.
The other point that is very important is to remember is that not each and everything is created or done by God. God created things using his natural set-up system and laws but once man came about he also created and did things to show that he has the ability to create and do things in his own right. The material that man uses for his creativity was created by God in its original form but it was man who learned from nature and started copying it and modified things to suit himself. By splitting part of God in scheme of things and part of man and other things, it is then possible for mankind to see whether man can point a finger at work of God. This is very, very important point to remember always. For example, the Quran is sent in Arabic language, why? It is because it was not God who created languages of things but things themselves created them and so did human beings. God always chose the best language at any given time and place to send his message for human beings. The Quran was sent in Arabic because the most useful and suited language for humanity and divine message was Arabic at the time for this era. It is because it was based on concept of root meanings of words and that means concepts attached to root were helpful in explaining same message to earlier people as well as later people. Any precise language would not have been a good vehicle for conveying the message for changing world and people. It is a similar idea to formation of laws that you use cause based laws, so if the cause remains the same, the effect remains the same or the same laws applies if same situations and circumstances occur. It explains the concept of good and evil ie God created fire but it is up users how they use it. It is like people created guns and knives but it up to users to use them for benefit or loss. Creator of something cannot be blamed for its improper use.
Proclaim! In the name of Allah, the provider of psychological, sociological and biological needs of mankind,
1) Alif Laam Meem Raa. These are parts of the program that is revealed to you the mankind through the messenger from your Creator and Sustainer yet most of the people commit not to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind.
2) Your Creator and Sustainer is Allah Who has raised heavenly bodies without any visible support that you can see because His sovereignty extends over all the kingdom due to which He has subjected the sun and the moon to His system and laws so each is pursuing its program for an appointed time and that is how He regulates all affairs in the universe as He has explained through His revelations so that you too meet the set standard of your Creator and Sustainer for your peace, progress and prosperity with full confidence for your own benefit.
3) He it is Who has expanded the earth and brought about therein high mountains and low valleys flowing with water whereby He brought about fruits of every kind resembling each other as well as He brought about the phenomenon of the night by covering the daylight. Surely therein are proofs for those who learn and think about purposes for existence of things, how they are brought about and evolved and the way they work to fulfil their set out tasks.
4) In the earth there are tracts side by side of gardens of grapes, of cornfields and of palm trees with single and multi trunks, they are all watered with the same water yet we make some of them excel in taste than others. Surely therein are evidences for people who use their intelligence to learn and understand things.
5) Now if there is anything strange then it is their asking, as we the human community are lying in the dust due to rifts and wars, is there any way that we could be raised to dignified life again? It is strange because these are the very people who oppose the program of their Creator and Sustainer that leads to dignified life so how can they have the dignified life? Because of that mindset, attitude and behaviour they cannot be free of yokes they have put around each other’s necks that are making their lives hard and unbearable and so they are the ones who will end up in yet more agony and suffering and live therein for as long as they live unless they rise up to change things for the betterment of themselves through help of this program.
6) By not accepting and following the given program they are giving you the clues that they rather keep inflicting upon each other yet more harm and destruction and keep suffering at hands of each other than go for peace, progress and prosperity as a united people and due to similar mindset, attitude and behaviour destroyed themselves many of the generations that passed away before them. Even though your Creator and Sustainer is provider of security through His blissful program for the mankind against harm and destruction they inflict upon each other yet He has also set–up system and laws that strictly enforce His law of consequences to make people face the results of their own actions.
7) The opponents of Our goals and guidelines say, why is no proof sent to him by his Creator and Sustainer as per our demands? But do they not realise that your job is only to deliver the given message to them? You are a warner against the consequences of not following the given program just like warners that were sent to every nation before them and their revelations carried their own proofs within them needing no miracles because that served no purpose.
8) Allah made obvious for people what each community had to carry out to have a dignified life below which it could not afford to fall or transgress it because everything has a set program from Him to follow.
9) He alone is in a unique position as a planner to make manifest in due course for the mankind the future developments including results of their own actions as well as the present.
10) It makes no difference to the way the plan is to unfold and results are made obvious whether any of you do things in private for yourselves or in the open for each other as a community, whether any of you do things under the cover of darkness or walk about doing things in broad daylight.
11) For each nation there is a set time and place among nations according to the set-up universal system and laws of Allah that decide its time and place, there are nations before or in front of it and nations after or behind it that surround it. All are subject to law of cause and effect so they reap what they sow because Allah never changes the condition of a people for the better by suspending His law of cause and effect therefore until they take steps to change themselves as a people for the betterment of themselves no such change can occur and letting things get worse can lead them only to further harm and destruction by their own hands. Behold, when set-up system and laws of Allah afflicts a people with misfortune it is only because they bring it upon themselves therefore none can ward it off them because that is the set-up system and law of Allah nor can they find any protection against His set-up system and laws other than following the advised proper course of actions.
12) He is the One Who shows you the lightning to draw your attention whereby He brings you hope of prosperity by means of heavy laden clouds.
13) That is how the thunder strives hard to manifest His glory and so do the people on His mission due to faithfully following His program for the benefit of the mankind. However He lets them strike down any people who work hard towards their own destruction because they fight against the program, constitution and law of Allah because He is strict in enforcing His set-up system and laws.
14) Invitation to His rule alone is the right one because those who invite to rule of others than Him they can never fulfil them at all. They are like a man with his hands stretched out towards the water as if asking water to come to his mouth and is waiting for it to reach his mouth but it does not. Therefore invitation of those who oppose mission of Allah calling towards rule of other than Him is nothing more than an exercise in vain
15) because whatever is in the heavens and the earth is bound by universal system and laws of Allah regardless of having the ability to choose or not and so do even their own shadows be it during the day or be it during the night.
16) So ask them, who’s system and laws then govern all the heavenly bodies including this earth? Say, it is system and laws of Allah alone. Ask them, when this is the case throughout the universe then why do you take rulers other than Him who in reality do not control any benefit or harm even concerning themselves? Say, are the blind and senseless and the seeing and sensible equal or is the darkness and ignorance same as the light and knowledge? Or have those whom they take for sovereigns created anything like the creation of Allah in their sight that they have the right to be the rulers along with Allah? Say, if that is not the case then why do you not accept Allah as the only creator of all things and therefore the only one with right to sovereignty, the one Irresistible.
17) It is He alone who sends down water from the heaven and each channel flows according to its measure whereby the torrent bears a swelling foam like the scum which appears from the metals that are melted in the furnace for making ornaments and utensils. By such exemplary arguments Allah proves what is true and what is false. As for the scum, it is thrown away due to being worthless but that which is useful for the mankind remains behind in the land. This is how Allah puts forth exemplary arguments to prove His message clearly.
18) Excellent results await for the actions of those who respond to the program of their Creator and Sustainer. As for those who do not respond to His manifesto even if they had all that is in the earth and as much more beside that to offer as a ransom in order to save themselves from the painful suffering that is to follow them as a result of their own harmful and destructive courses of actions it will not be accepted of them. They are bound to land themselves in terrible consequences of their own actions that will make their lives hell and that is a terribly painful state of existence to be in.
19) Is he who has made himself aware that it is the verifiable truth that has been sent to you by your Creator and Sustainer like the one who deprives himself of this information and its proper understanding? Only those who learn to understand Our goal and guidelines for them properly become sensible and conscientious of their responsibilities to each other.
20) Such are the ones who fulfil their constitutional obligations by Allah for the benefit of the human community so they do not fall short of their commitment to rule of Allah for the benefit of the mankind.
21) These are the ones who bring together people to form a good human society on the basis of that which is revealed by Allah because they pay attention to program of their Creator and Sustainer as they fear the harmful and destructive consequences of their actions if they do not.
22) They are the ones who remain steadfastly engaged in mission of their Creator and Sustainer in order to achieve His set out goal of peace between mankind through establishing the community supportive network in order to open up for all Our provided livelihood in order to turn round the harmful and destructive human society with beneficial and constructive works. These people are therefore bound to end up in an excellent state of affairs in due course.
23) Blissful kingdoms they will enter and so will such as will mend rifts between people in order to bring about peaceful societies from among their elders and their colleagues as well as their youngsters because the missionaries will succeed in getting Our message through to them by all means
24) saying, you have achieved peaceful life for yourselves due to your steadfastness in pursuit of your set out program therefore excellent indeed is the state of affairs for you in the blissful kingdom in the end.
25) As for those who fulfil not their constitutional obligation by Allah for the benefit of the mankind after declaring their commitment to the program of Allah and instead of bringing people together to form a good human society as per direction of Allah cause rifts between mankind thereby wars in the land therefore upon such rests humiliation and destruction because such are bound to end up in such terrible state of affairs.
26) Allah gives vast provisions for any people as their personal gains that work towards that so they end up happy with their existence as low life for a while yet the low life existence as compared to the higher life existence is just a brief moment of joy.
27) After all this explanation those who oppose Our guidance still say, why has no miracle been sent to him by his Creator and Sustainer as per our demands? Say, Allah leaves to go astray whoever so desires by remaining ignorant of His program, constitution and law and He guides to His program, constitution and law whoever works hard to study it to understand it and implement it to turn it into a reality.
28) Such are those who commit to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind with full confidence in their minds due to program, constitution and law of Allah. Be aware! The confidence in minds comes only through study of the program, constitution and law of Allah.
29) So those who commit to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind therefore strive hard to mend rifts between people to bring about peace, for them there will be blissful life and a wonderful kingdom to end up in.
30) That is why We have sent you among this final people as the final messenger with Our final guidance just like we sent messengers to all the nations gone before this, so that you proclaim to them this program, constitution and law that has been revealed to you yet they stand in opposition to the program of the one Who provides information to raise mankind to dignity. Say, He alone is my Creator and Sustainer and there is no sovereign other than Him in this kingdom therefore upon His set up universal system and laws I rely and to His set out goal for mankind I turn to accomplish.
31) So no miracles are needed for the goal set for the mankind to accomplish because had the purpose of this Quran been to move the mountains or to slice the earth, or to raise the dead and to speak with them then this very Quran would have done all that but the purpose of this Quran is only to guide mankind through this program as to how they should live in this world to have a blissful life for themselves as a single family working together for the benefit of each other in the name of their Creator and Sustainer in the hope of a better future. So it is up to people to accept this Quran as a guidance or reject it and see the results for themselves for their actions without this guidance, however upon universal system and laws of Allah depends the outcome of all that happens. Do those who have committed to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind not realise that had Allah enforced His will He could have forced all the people to follow His program? So those who oppose Our guidance they will continue to be stricken with disaster or it will come near to their homes until the promise of Allah comes true in form of revolts or civil wars and wars between nations because Allah breaks not the link between the cause and the effect.
32 Surely messengers before you were mocked even though I gave respite to those who opposed them for learning and understanding their program yet they heeded not so in time l caught them inflicting harm upon each other to the point of destruction, so how true was My warning in their case?
33) So is there any like Him Who has established such universal system and laws to bring each person the results of what one does? Not at all yet they live by rule of other than Allah. Say, name any of them that you think truly have the right to rule or are you telling Him of something He is unaware of in this universe or is it just a matter of coining words for you? Indeed to the rejecters and opposers of rule of Allah their own scheming is made pleasing by each other and that is how they are taken away from the program of Allah by each other. So whoever Allah lets stray by his own will has no guide to guide him.
34) Such will suffer in this world and their suffering will only get worse in time to come as there is nothing to protect them other than the program of Allah which they themselves have decided to reject and oppose.
35) A description of the blissful kingdom which those who are consistent with the program of Allah for the benefit of humanity are told to bring about is that rivers of livelihood should flow throughout it and its provisions should be continuous to provide shelter from all sort of troubles and hardships. Such should be the land of those who are consistent with program of Allah for the good of mankind and in comparison the land of those who reject and oppose His program will be a place full of pain and suffering.
36) This is why those to whom We have given the scriptures before this and they really act upon it rejoice at what has been sent to you though there are others in the same groups who reject some parts of it. Say, I am ordered to serve rule of Allah alone and not take to any ruler other than Him. Upon His set up system and laws in the universe I rely not magic or miracles and towards His program I turn for guidance which is realistic and practical.
37) And this is the very purpose for which We have sent Our framework for governance of Our kingdom in a language that makes things distinct for mankind for all times to come. However if you the followers of Our program were to follow the make beliefs of opponents of Our program after Our set out goal and guidelines have reached you then you will have nothing to protect you from falling victim to harms and destructions that Allah has already warned you against.
38) And for the very same reason of implementing Our program for the benefit of the mankind We sent messengers before you whereby We brought about for them supporters by means of ideological following. It was never fitting for a messenger to bring people any proof save the program of Allah because for each period there was a clearly set out program, constitution and law for mankind.
39) Allah let nations perish or establish themselves as per His declared programs because with Him rested the right and the responsibility for originating all the programs for the good of the mankind.
40) For that reason O messenger, whether We show you some of what We have foretold them or We terminate your life before that matters not because your job is to deliver Our message but with Our set out universal system and laws rests their accountability constantly and consistently always.
41) Do they not see that We are bringing about gradual reduction in power of individuals in the world in every way through Our set-up universal system and laws? Therefore it should be clear to you the mankind that right to rule belongs to Allah alone and there is none to override His set out program because He is strict in holding all things within their set limits.
42) Behold! Those before them schemed against Our programs but all their schemes were within set limits of Allah. He makes obvious the results of all that which each nation does therefore in time those who oppose His program will come to know who is to end up in a blissful kingdom.
43) Yet those who oppose Our program say, you are not a messenger. Say, the set-up universal system and laws by Allah are sufficient as a proof between me and you as well as the person who has learned and understood His book.
Surah 14 IBRAHEEM-The one who leads humanity to heavenly guidance
This Surah is named IBRAHEEM from root BAA, RAA, HAA and MEEM, root ALIF, BAA, RAA, HAA and MEEM and root BAA, RAA and MEEM. It has various meanings eg father of nations, leader of mankind from darkness of ignorance to light of knowledge, friend of God, Godly person, a person dedicated to work of God or divine mission, an up-right man, leader of human community, a man who refuses to accept any rule other than rule of God, leader of nations to light of heavenly guidance
Like surahs before this, this surah is named IBRAHEEM not because Ibraheem was a prophet and his story is told in this Surah but due to work involved in guiding people and leadership skills required in a person to carry out missionary work successfully. The whole point is to educate the messenger as to how he should educate his people and show good leadership. Each of these surahs is taking an aspect of the Quranic program and highlighting it or emphasising it so that when all of them are taken together the whole scheme of things become obvious so that it could then be used as a roadmap to make this program a reality. The Quran takes the prophet on a journey of knowledge so that he becomes a wise person himself and then guides others towards the divine wisdom. In this Surah also the point is raised about harmful and destructive system, leadership and following ie you cannot end up with life worth living as a community unless you each have community spirit as leaders and followers is the clear message of the Quran. So long as people live by any system that is based on concept of personal gain there is no community spirit because in any such system each person has to be for himself and as each person gathers all one can for survival others end up losing and so tensions come into being and grow till tipping point is reached and bloody revolutions come about. The Quran wants people not to go down that road along with consequences and lessons from the past but who cares? People keep carrying on as usual. This mindset, attitude and behaviour of mankind does not seem to change so nature will be take its course for as long as mankind do not. Only people themselves can save themselves by being alert and actively involved in all stages of human developments so that mankind are self aware and aware of universal realities as well as divine revelation.
Proclaim! In the name of Allah, the provider of psychological, sociological and biological needs of mankind,
1) Alif Laam Raa. This is Our manifesto, constitution and guidelines for law We have revealed to you for the purpose that you bring mankind out of their darkness of utter ignorance due to which they inflict harm and destruction upon each other through brilliant light of wisdom for their own benefit by way of community building program of their Creator and Sustainer for a proper way of doing things as advised by the almighty to whom belongs the sovereignty of this whole kingdom of the universe.
2) It is Allah alone to Whom belongs all that is in all the galaxies including this galaxy yet terrible humiliation and destruction is to be the end of those who reject and oppose His program and do as they please in their ignorance based arrogance.
3) They are those who love rivalry for short term personal gains for themselves for a lower standard of life at the expense of people of their own communities instead of building a better future for themselves as a single nation and that is how they hinder others from the program of Allah always conspiring to make it look crooked or unworkable. Such people have strayed far off the proper track that works for the betterment of human community.
4) We have not sent any messenger but he spoke the language that his human community could understand so that he could explain to them Our program clearly. That is why Allah leaves only such people to themselves who refuse to make effort to understand and follow His program and guides all who learn to understand and follow His program because He is mighty wise provider of rules that regulate all affairs properly.
5) Likewise We sent Moses speaking language of his human community with Our manifesto with goals and guideline saying, lead your people out of darkness of utter ignorance whereby they inflict harm and destruction upon each other through the light of wisdom to make them strive hard as a beneficial organised community based upon Our constitution for bringing about days of prosperity through progress and peace for themselves. Surely in that are proofs about the truth of the message for those who would be steadfast in working for their own betterment by using what is provided appropriately.
6) Call to mind the time when Moses said to his people, strive hard always to maintain the blissful program of Allah as an obligation upon you as a nation whereby He saved you from the people of Pharaoh who subjected you to painful suffering by undermining your courageous people by bringing to life divisions among your people thereby making you a nation of weak people. Surely in all of this there was a tremendous struggle put up by you as you were advised by your glorious Creator and Sustainer.
These verses clearly show that proper goal and guidelines are absolutely necessary for peace, progress and prosperity of a people as well as fully committed effort by people themselves who want to achieve the goal. Anything less than that is shear hypocrisy because it gives bad name to guidance of God as well as people who are actually committed to right goal according to proper guidelines.
7) Remember when your Creator and Sustainer warned you that if you will work according to My program for your peace, progress and prosperity as a community then I will let that increase for you but if you will instead oppose My program then I will let you face results of your own actions strictly in form of harm and destruction that you inflict upon each other.
8) Moreover Moses made it absolutely clear to you that if you and all the people dwelling in the world ignored His program it will do no harm to Allah but it will instead destroy your own future.
9) Has the account of those gone before not reached you such as the people of Noah, Aad, Thamud and those who came after them? No one really knows them other than Allah. Their messengers also came to them with same clear goal and guidelines for them but they bit their hands with their mouths in rage and said, we certainly reject and fiercely oppose the program with which you claim to have been sent because we very much doubt the message to which you invite us is really from Allah for our benefit.
10) Their messengers responded, have you really any reasonable doubt about the goodness of program of Allah Who is the originator of the heavens and the earth? He is the One Who invites you to His program with all necessary proofs so that He relieves you and protects you from the harms and destructions that you inflict upon each other to give you secure future through His program based on unity for prosperity for a set period of time as determined by His universal system and laws. They said, you are only a human being like ourselves and you only wish to turn us away from our rulers whom our forefathers served because you want to become our ruler yourself instead. Bring us some miracle that we demand if you want us to change our minds about you and your allegedly God given message.
11) Their messengers replied to them, it is true that we are humans like yourselves but Allah bestows His program for blissful life of mankind on any of His people who are only too pleased to work for His set out mission. It is not part of our job to bring you any miracles as you demand due to your ignorance but to deliver you whatever proofs Allah himself sees fit to furnish you with and He has chosen the guidance itself for that purpose. This is why it is up to people whether they learn to understand the message to implement it for their own benefit or simply reject it and oppose it without giving it due attention and keep on suffering the self inflicted harm and destruction.
12) So tell us what better reason do we really have not to put our trust in universal system and laws of Allah when He has guided us to live our lives in a way that can bring us a great life through peace, progress and prosperity as a brotherhood of mankind working for benefit of each other as oppose to working against each other as rivals? We will certainly face your persecution with steadfastness till Allah shows both of us who fairs better in the end, the family working as one like us or a divided family that is in rivalry with each other like you leading itself to its destruction. So let those who want to put their trust in anything put their trust in universal system and laws of Allah, the bedrock for a good human society.
13) Finally the opponents of Our guidance, the harmful and destructive political, money lending and religious leadership of the people said to their messengers, abide by our traditional rule or we will expel you from our land. That is why their Creator and Sustainer revealed His forecast to them as law of consequences that We will let these harmful and destructive people destroy themselves through inflicting harm and destruction upon each other because this is how We deal with people who refuse to take Our advice and instead choose to do as they please for their personal gains.
14) That is how We have passed on the land to you to dwell therein after they are gone by destroying themselves. This is a lesson for such as keep in their minds My role and pay attention to My set out program for them always.
15) As is made obvious for mankind by My message and the events of the past, calling My program into question always proved terrible for every tyrant and oppressor of his people and his supporters and followers.
16) Such a one spreads hell all around himself whereby he satisfies his thirst for hatred and bloodshed of his own people.
17) He partakes in it in steps but never reaches the point of satisfaction and defeat and destruction gradually surrounds him more and more from all sides yet he does not give up his harmful and destructive ambition and desire despite he being surrounded by terrible painful suffering.
18) The likeness of the hard works of those who gather benefits for themselves at the expense of the human community in opposition to the program of their Creator and Sustainer is like that of small amount of gathered ashes which the wind scatters on a stormy day leaving no trace of them to be seen. They will get nothing from their such hard works against Our program save harm and destruction or pain and suffering and this is what straying far away from the program of their Creator and Sustainer means for them, that is an unsatisfied and regrettable life.
19) Can you therefore not see that Allah has evolved all the galaxies including this galaxy based on universal system and laws for a set purpose? If He has planned to replace you the same way it is only for bringing about change through new generations
This verse is drawing attention to the fact that God has brought about this universe on basis of systems and laws, processes and mechanisms that hold true for the set purpose always. One point to consider in this regard is how humanity changes from generation to generation and how that results in bringing about other changes in the world.
20) so it should be obvious to mankind that it is not at all difficult for mighty system and laws of Allah to fulfil His goal as planned.
21) Rest assured by this system and laws in time gradually all people will be brought under the constitution of Allah to abide by because from among the opponents of Our rule the influenced masses will start waking up asking questions of those who think of themselves as overwhelmingly influential saying, we have been installing and living by your rule all our lives so can you do anything to free us from the painful suffering we are in that Allah warned us against? They will reply, had we learned from the message of Allah then we could have guided you too. Since we did not so it makes no difference now whether we panic or bear the consequences of our actions with patience because there is no escape for us unless we learn the message and mend our ways accordingly.
22) That is how the harmful and destructive leadership will conclude in the end saying to its masses, surely Allah promised you results of your actions and promise of Allah proved true and in opposition to that I too promised you things but I could not fulfil my promise to you as I had no real power to do so. I just asked you to take me for your ruler and you just accepted my rule without ensuring whether I had the power to deliver things or not. So do not blame me for taking advantage of you instead blame your own stupidity for giving yourselves into my control. I am not bothered with your moaning just as you are not bothered with my crying. I now refuse to be your ruler like before because such transgressors end up in painful suffering as we have experienced ourselves already
23) and as we have learned by now, those who commit to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind and strive hard to mend rifts between mankind to bring peace between them will indeed end up in kingdoms within which will flow like rivers all things of their need and desire to live therein according to the program of their Creator and Sustainer. That is how they will accomplish mission of peace and security of mankind.
24) Do you not see how Allah shows similarity between the program that gradually leads mankind to peace through progress and prosperity with a tree that gradually develops from a seed into a fully grown tree bearing desirable fruit because it is rooted properly in the ground that is why it is healthy and fruitful with branches well spread and high above the ground?
25) It yields its fruits in every season due to set-up universal system and laws by its Creator and Sustainer. Allah cites these like examples for people so that they struggle hard to spread His manifesto to gather people together on basis of His constitution for a peaceful, progressive and prosperous future.
26) Likewise the comparison of a wrong goal with wrong plan of actions is that of a harmful tree with undesirable fruit that fails to develop properly because it is not rooted properly so it can be pulled out of the ground and is therefore unstable.
27) With His program based upon firmly established foundation, Allah makes those who commit to working for peace on its basis steadfast and firmly established in the life to begin with right to the life that is yet to come but Allah lets the opponents of His program go astray because Allah does things as per His plan.
28) Have you not seen the behaviour of those people who have substituted the blissful program of Allah with their make beliefs whereby they drive their nation into a state of no return?
These verses again and again tell individuals to open their eyes as regard who is leading them and tell them to ensure that no such person is their leader in any capacity who is going to lead them into life of stagnation and regression because result will be a life full of ignorance, poverty and disease. If people do not learn sense to see how important leadership is for them then they will not be able to choose proper leaders and end result will be a life in hell. The primary signs of harmful and destructive leadership is that it grabs and hides what Allah has provided for mankind to benefit from as its personal gain and likewise if a people live by this system then they are bound to end up with this kind of leadership. The system has to be proper, leadership has to be proper and masses have to be proper only then all will be fine. If system gives individuals advantage at the expense of community, if leadership is based on this mentality of personal gain or if people think it is fine to work for personal gain at the expense of each other then in due time the whole thing is going to end up crashing. It is because each person will grab whatever one can from the other and law and order will mean nothing as some take away rights of each other. One can therefore see that that is not the right way to live. This is why people must learn about proper system, proper leadership and proper following and be part of that or be ready to accept life in hell because there is alternative to that. Burying the head in the ground or shutting one’s eyes to the facing problems is not a solution instead being ready to tackle the facing problem is the mindset, attitude and behaviour people need.
29) Hell is their life therein wherein their energies are continuously consumes without any beneficial results, a terrible state of existence to be in.
30) The political, the money lending and the religious leadership of people set up rulers other than Allah to mislead their people from His roadmap. Tell them, you the chiefs may enjoy yourself at the expense of your masses for a while but your final destination as a people is going to be painful suffering and destruction through mutual hatred.
31) Say to My supporters who claim to have committed to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind, strive hard using this Quran for establishing My system for opening up for all whatever We have provided for the benefit of the mankind as a community before there comes the time when peaceful change of the system is no longer the option because there is no more tolerance between people and violent bloody uprising becomes inevitable.
32) By doing that let people know that it is Allah alone Who has evolved all the galaxies including this galaxy and causes water to rain down from the height whereby He brings forth all sorts of fruits for your sustenance. He has made it possible for you to use ships so that they sail through the sea by way of His set-up universal system and laws and so has He brought about rivers for your service.
Verses like this tell people that Allah has created everything for mankind but to benefit from all this man has to learn things. Without learning about things man cannot benefit from anything at all. One has to think till man had learned how to domesticate animals could he domesticate them? No. He has to learn farming and planting gardens by observing nature and copying it. So long as man keeps learning he will keep expanding his influence throughout the universe. If it was not the purpose of God that man should one grow up enough that he could manage the whole of universe then what will be the point of creating it? If we look at vast space in the universe, the earth seems nothing at all in there, so the earth is just the beginning of mankind to have space of time and place of training till man has learned to leave the earth for travelling the rest of universe. Man is created for travelling the universe by way of his own creativity. If we look back did we ever think one day we will be able to set foot on the moon? Likewise travelling throughout universe seems impossible today but that is not what the Quran tells us, it tells us that man is created for this purpose of managing the vast universe so that he truly appreciates greatness of his creator and sustainer.
33) Even the sun and the moon are subjected to His universal system and laws moving along set out courses and likewise is subjected to His laws the phenomenon of the night and the day for your benefit.
34) He has given you all that you will ever need and more, so much so that even if you decided to use the blessings of Allah, you could never be able to use them all yet mankind is going about things the wrong way by ignoring and opposing Our program.
35) Remember the time when Abraham said, My Creator and Sustainer! Make this dwelling place for humanity a place of peace through the program for progress and prosperity thereby protect and secure me and my ideological following from personality cults based upon personal gains whereby some make masses take other people as their rulers instead of You my Creator and Sustainer.
Word ASNAAM does not mean idols but rulers on basis of politics, wealth or religion and they are called idols because of stagnation and regression they bring upon their people by shutting their people off from education, progress and prosperity in order to secure their own rule over masses. The more these dominant people keep others ignorant and useless the more these masses feel dependent upon their rulers and so more easily they can used and abused at will by their rulers and priests etc. So if mankind are kept from development then they are bound to suffer painful consequences ie they cannot even produce enough to eat let alone do anything else. This is why masses must become alert and stay alert if they do not wish to live in painful suffering. This is why any system, any leadership, any following that holds humanity back from peace, progress and prosperity is self harming and self destructive and must be avoided at all costs.
36) My Creator and Sustainer! Chiefs and Priests of nations have been using the individuals to rule their people and thereby led the masses away from Your program into their cults therefore only those who follow me in following Your program belong to my nation and as to any who oppose me, they are bound to end up destroyed because You are protector of only those of the mankind who follow Your blissful program.
37) Our Creator and Sustainer! I have settled some of my ideological following among a populace that is not yet civilised according to Your dignifying program, constitution and law. Our Creator and Sustainer! I have done this in the hope that they establish Your ruling system therein by spreading Your program therefore turn the minds of the people of the nations toward them for guidance and provide them with beneficial results of their beneficial actions for the benefit of the mankind so that they all become a dignified people by using what You have provided them properly.
This verse explains it clearly that all people who do not learn proper use of provided things are uncivilised or lawless and all people who learn to live by a law that teaches people how to use things properly are civilised and cultivated. Good law and good people go hand in hand. So people who wish to have good life must go for good law otherwise they cannot have a good life no matter how much they may desire it. Desire do not fulfil al by themselves they need to be worked for because you only get what you earn ie make effort for.
38) Our Creator and Sustainer! Certainly You expose our real motives behind our actions that we try to hide from each other by results of our own action as well as those motives which we try to make obvious to each other because nothing is hidden from You, Allah, in the earth or the rest of the universe.
39) Therefore it should be clear for the mankind that sovereignty belongs to Allah alone Who has made Ishmael and Isaac my ideological supporters and successors for the continuation my set out mission as I come closer to end of my time. Indeed my Creator and Sustainer takes care of all needs of all things according to His set-up plan.
40) Therefore O my Creator and Sustainer! Give me and my ideological following courage through Your program, constitution and law to establish and maintain Your rule. Our Creator and Sustainer! Continue providing us with guidance to Your set goal for our reliance.
41) Thereby our Creator and Sustainer protect me and my elders and my youngsters in my community such as are committed to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind through the period of accountability.
These verses should leave one in no doubt that period of accountability is not something separate from life as it is rather it is a continuous process due to which nations fall or rise. One has to realise that criterion is there and consequences are there by way of set-up system and laws so what else is needed for it to be a day of judgement? The idea that we can do whatever we like in this life because we will be judged on some other day after death is not the right way of looking at this life in light of the Quran and real world realities. This does not mean there is no other life but that that life has to be continuation of the same life. A really blind person is always blind to everything everywhere, so those who fail to live beneficial lives in this world they will not be living any better anywhere else or any other world either. This is why this live must be taken as serious as one can. Any other concept is mullahs make belief that has no basis in the Quran. The idea is to give people sense of security elsewhere through false hope so that they could accept use and abuse easily in the hope of something better that is not there for them. So any hope of any good life in future is only for those who have sense of good life in this world and act to bring it about. The very people who pushed for concept of life after death also brought in concept of intercession so that people could be given false hope that their sins will be forgiven by intercession of the good people. In short people are told what they want to hear rather than what is really the case.
The main thing to understand here is that there are two parallel concepts whereby people lived a)this is the only life we will ever live and b)there is yet another life to come after this life. There is no argument that we have the life that we have other than the fact that if this is the only life we have then why the hell we are all hell bent on harming and destroying each other by living in this life in way that makes it hell for all of us? If we simply take it has struggle for survival then that will mean it is an unending war against each other between ourselves and in that case where is sense in living under constant threat and worries? Therefore it makes sense that we agree to live in a better way than just as a struggle for survival.
Coming to life in hereafter, why do we need another life somewhere else if we have failed to make the life already have something worthwhile? It is because if we have managed to make this life hell all by ourselves then how can we expect a life in paradise after our death, because after all the life in hereafter ought to be result of our life in this world? Only by making this life a paradise we could hope for a better life as an outcome of this life. Is it that we want another life just because we want it even if we have to live in hell? The question is, are we happy living in hell in this life that we will be happy living in hell in there? We have two choices a) make this life a paradise and if we have another life as a reward that too will be great. Or make this life hell and have another life which will be much worse hell.
42) Therefore O my people, be well prepared for the mission of Allah and never let the opponents of His program think that Allah is unaware of what these transgressors are up to. He is only giving them respite from the results of their actions to correct themselves and that is till the tipping point is reached when their eyes will become fixed staring in horror as sudden revolt overwhelms them because of what they will have done.
43) They will be running in terror with their heads uplifted in horror, staring but seeing nothing and their minds utterly vacant of any thoughts as to what they should do to save themselves from harm and destruction. Nothing new there because as such revolts have already happened amongst many generations in the past and will continue happening till people come to their senses and learn to abide by Our given program.
44) O messenger, alert mankind about the time when Our forewarned consequences of their harmful and destructive actions against each other will overtake them and that is when the transgressors will say, our Creator and Sustainer! Give us a little more respite and we will respond to Your invitation with all due respect and support the people who come to us with your program. But it will be said to them, are you not the same people who once swore that you would never come to your destruction due to what you believe and do
45) despite living in places of people who already destroyed each other before you the same way? It was already explained to you how nicely We dealt with them yet due to their own stupidity We made them a lesson for you.
46) They hatched their conspiracies against Our program but their plots were well within control of Allah even though these plots were such that could move masses in their support.
47) But never think that Allah will not fulfil His promise to His messengers that program of Allah will succeed because Allah rules through power of wisdom.
48) So alert people about the time when the social, political, cultural and economic landscape in the land will be changed to a different landscape and the people living above the law will be brought down to abide by program, constitution and law of Allah, the One Irresistible.
Verses such as this explain the fact that time is coming when all ways of life adopted by mankind will gradually vanish giving way to a new way of life. Before it happens all people in positions of power will come together to save their system in place but will fail terribly and revengeful people will settle their scores with them because that is the way their own set-up system works. Only those people will save themselves who leave that system in time and join forces against that system for a better way of life. Warnings about coming of that time are repeated throughout the Quran. However as the Quran explains this will only happen when mankind have had enough of their adopted systems of life and have learned their lesson the hard way. Before that time there will keep on taking place bloody revolutions because people will not accept and adopt the Quranic teachings as they ought to accept them with proper understanding and follow them their own benefit. Since revelation of the Quran many bloody revolutions have taken place and still continue but each time mankind are coming more and more near to what the Quran requires of them. This is sure sign of Quran being followed bit by bit, be it due to humanity being forced by its situations and circumstances.
49) That is how in time to come you the people will see the transgressors against the rule of Allah bound together as if in chains rising up together against the rule of Allah,
50) their whole program will be wrapped up in gloom and doom because their goals will be covered up in fire of hatred between the mankind.
51) For that reason Allah will reward each group of populace according to what it does because Allah is strict in calling all people to account for their actions fully.
52) This Quran is a manifesto for all the people so alert them thereby and let them know that Allah alone is the sovereign in this kingdom of the universe, so let the men of understanding strive hard to spread His program for its implementation as a constitution and guidelines for laws to regulate themselves.
Last edited by Mughal
on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
- Posts: 312
- Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:45 am
- Location: Islamabad & Glasgow
Mughal buddy instead copying pasting all this, that noone reads, why don't you participate in a discussion and defend Muhammad and his stupid book quran
- Posts: 4089
- Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:29 am
iffo wrote:Mughal buddy instead copying pasting all this, that noone reads, why don't you participate in a discussion and defend Muhammad and his stupid book quran
I 2nd this- and dear mughal you can start by telling us whos translation are you using- is it yours?
- Posts: 341
- Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:46 am
It is Mughal's own translation. He has created his very own Islam.
No problem, most Muslims do that.
"Brother, you can believe in stones, as long as you don’t throw them at me." - Wafa Sultan
- Posts: 3208
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:24 am
- Location: Blighty
Return to The Quran and Hadith
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests