Welcome Anonymous, It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:19 am                    >>Main Site<<

How did Muhammad behead people?

His life, his examples and his psychology

How did Muhammad behead people?

Postby sum » Thu May 13, 2010 10:04 am

It is frequently written that Muhammad beheaded, or ordered the beheading, of prisoners and his critics. I have not read how this beheading was practiced. Does anyone have any reference as to whether it was by a single swing of the sword or by the short knife and a "sawing" at the neck until the head was severed from the body?

I suspect the latter as the present day Islamic "beheaders" use the knife and could well be following the original method passed down through the ages from when Muhammad beheaded people.

Any info?

sum
sum

Re: How did Muhammad behead people?

Postby pr126 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:56 am

Good grief, it is not a subject one would want to dwell on.

I have seen a Memri TV video with the Saudi executioner, who was proudly explaining his "work".
He even brought his "equipment" to the studio. So I would go for that.
:shock:
"It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value." - Arthur C. Clarke
pr126

Postby Mr Preet » Thu May 13, 2010 3:52 pm

If it is 'sawing' then beheading the 900 (?) Jews would take all day .... and night :D
Mr Preet

Postby sum » Thu May 13, 2010 7:55 pm

Hello Mr Preet

Perhaps it did take all day and night. I have no idea how long it takes to behead someone with a knife but if we assume it takes three minutes then it would take about 45hrs to behead 900 men. If there were 50 or so men with the knives we are down to about 1hr and if there were fewer than 50 beheaders then it would be proportionately longer. From this very rough calculation it can be seen that it would not take all that long to behead 900 men using just knives even if we add time for coffee breaks and the leading out of the next batches for the beheaders. The beheaders could have worked in shifts as it was probably a tiring procedure.

The well known video of a beheading might give some clue as to how long it takes as I continue to think that "sawing" the head off is a definite possibility.

I have read that the "sawing" is meant to create as much pain, fear in other communities and humiliation as possible. It is not just a killing or an execution - it is a warning and example to those who oppose Muhammad. In the words of the old song, "It`s not what you do but the way that you do it".

I am sorry if this subject makes pr126`s toes curl and offends his sensitivities. Ali Sina once said that Islam takes away a person`s empathy and so any muslims who can not feel revulsion at the beheading procedure only serve to prove his claim.

sum
sum

Postby manfred » Thu May 13, 2010 11:22 pm

Both is true...

executions carried out but by soldiers or by any kind of self-styled militia are usually carried out with at knife, in exactly the same way as a sheep is killed by a Muslim butcher: then neck is cut, usually by placing the person on the ground, bending the head back, inserting a knife near the spine and cutting forward. (Sometimes the other way round, cutting toward the spine,...) Then the neck is held back to allow the blood to escape rapidly. This would probably result in rapid (1 minute or so) loss of consciousness due to the very sudden drop in blood pressure. Death would follow between 2 to 5 minutes later, due to lack of blood supply to the brain. It is usually after death that the head is removed.

However, I have seen some rather sick footing of this from Chechnya and some victims take a long time to die,several minutes, and not all loose consciousness.

In SaudiArabia,they have execution by the sword,and the head is severed with a single stroke.

I have no knowledge if this is even in anyway less agonising... I have read somewhere that a severed head can remain conscious for some time, and the horror really is beyond belief...

Given that Mohammed was is a sort of pseudo-military mode, when dealing with executions, I would say it is more likely that the Chechen model is closer to Mohammed's method of operation. If he used the Saudi idea,he would have had a skilled executioner, and we would know his name or at least about his existence. Perhaps "show executions" were done by sword.
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"
manfred

Postby sum » Fri May 14, 2010 6:06 pm

Hello manfred

Your quote -
It is usually after death that the head is removed.

Are you sure? I would expect the process of beheading to continue without a break until the head was off. There would be no point in waiting for death as the unfortunate person would lose consciousness after a minute or two if started from the front of the neck and there would be no reason to pause the procedure. To start the beheading from the back of the neck would make the beheading much more excruciating as it would take a lot longer to get through the spine and the victim would be fully conscious while the sawing was going on. It would not be until the beheading was well advanced that the carotid arteries would be severed and lead to blood loss to the brain followed later by loss of consciousness.

I think that this subject is important because it must be made clear to the visitors that this was the mode of killing by Islam`s "Mercy for mankind". Because Muhammad instigated this horrific and inhumane matter of beheading his critics and enemies, his followers do the same to this day. This is true Islam and as long as Islam exists this form of killing will continue as the example was set by Muhammad, the perfect example for all mankind to follow.

Muhammad, the "Mercy for mankind", certainly knew how to be merciless.

sum
sum

Postby manfred » Fri May 14, 2010 6:27 pm

No sum,

you misunderstood me, when I said "from the back", I meant that the neck is stabbed from the side, near the spine,but in front of it, so the spine is not initially severed. The knive the cuts forwards towards the face, cutting all blood supply to the brain and also the wind pipe.

Then the head is twisted backwards, making the cut bleed extremely heavily. Othen the victim is left in that state for a short time, and then the head is severed. At this point, all that attaches the head to the body is the spine and some tissue close to it. This procedure isvery similar a halal slaughter of,for example a sheep.

If you have the stomach to see it, go to www.charonboat.com and download the clips Chechen Muslims made,but be warned you will get nightmares!!!
manfred

Postby sum » Fri May 14, 2010 7:05 pm

Hello manfred

Thanks for the clarification.

There is one point to add. When the carotid arteries are severed not all the blood supply to the brain stops. There are the vertebral arteries which "intertwine" with the cervical vertebrae. They are nowhere near as important as the carotids but nevertheless still provide the brain with some blood supply.

For Muhammad to either participate in this macabre slaughter or watch others perform the gruesome beheading more than suggests that he was a hardened psychopath. As Ali Sina has said, Islam destroys a person`s empathy. If someone accepts what Muhammad said, did and ordered, they have become a psychopath themselves.

I have seen one video of a beheading already and so I will politely decline your invitation to watch another.

sum
sum

Postby Chiclets » Fri May 14, 2010 7:10 pm

sum wrote:I have seen one video of a beheading already and so I will politely decline your invitation to watch another.

sum

you wuss :lol:

ps i did not watch it either.
gupsfu wrote:When someone uses the "taken out of context" argument without explaining what it's really supposed to mean, you know he's lying.

Muslims are so secure in their faith that they need to kill those who don’t share it.
Chiclets

Postby manfred » Fri May 14, 2010 7:26 pm

sum wrote:There is one point to add. When the carotid arteries are severed not all the blood supply to the brain stops. There are the vertebral arteries which "intertwine" with the cervical vertebrae. They are nowhere near as important as the carotids but nevertheless still provide the brain with some blood supply.

This is interesting and I think it may explain something... It seems that sometimes unconsciousness comes mercifully quickly, probably due to the sudden drop in blood pressure, but not always. Could that mean that this alternative blood supply extends the agony?

I am not sure, but Madame Guillotine probably did at least provide a less agonising end...
manfred

Postby sum » Fri May 14, 2010 9:03 pm

Hello manfred

If there was a fall in blood pressure, as in a faint, the blood flow through both the carotids and the vertebral arteries would have slowed down and consciousness lost - hence the faint. If just the carotids were severed there would not necessarily be a total loss of blood flow to the brain. The continuing flow through the vertebral arteries would slightly slow down the loss of consciousness. There is only one other possible way that consciousness could be lost quickly during a beheading and that is a faint due to extreme physical and emotional trauma. This is unlikely to happen in every case.

The end result of beheading by the knife and the guillotine is the same but the guillotine is far quicker. There is anecdotal evidence that consciousness is not lost for about 1-2 minutes after the head is chopped off by the guillotine. The story goes that those about to be beheaded were asked to blink as long as they could after the beheading. This is where the time of 1-2 minutes comes from as that is the length of time that some who were able to co-operate blinked.

sum
sum

Return to Muhammad