Muhammad`s grave.

His life, his examples and his psychology
sum

Muhammad`s grave.

Post by sum »

I am not too knowledgeable on this matter but I understand that when muslims are buried they must face in a certain direction - presumably headfirst towards Mecca. I understand that Muhammad was buried in Mecca but wondered to what his head pointed. Was it the Kaaba or mosque?

Is it recorded anywhere whether the angel of death came to Muhammad in his grave and questioned him? Is it recorded anywhere where sounds or voices came from Muhammad`s grave?

I wonder if Muhammad was being crushed in the grave like other muslims were.

Did his grave and body be damaged or destroyed when, as I believe, a build complex was allegedly built over his grave? It would appear that there was no respect shown by muslims on the state of Muhammad as Allah`s prophet, his grave and bones after his death.

Perhaps someone can fill in the gaps and correct me where I am wrong.

sum

pr126

Re: Muhammad`s grave.

Post by pr126 »

I believe I have read that in Mecca Saudi Arabia they built something over the ground where Muhammad's supposed grave was.
I think that Muhammad never been in Mekka, more likely in Petra.

According to Dan Gibson

Islam: an idea to kill and die for.

sum

Re: Muhammad`s grave.

Post by sum »

Could these buildings with their deep foundations suggest that the muslim belief that Muhammad was buried there was false and that there was no sign of a grave or bones?

If there had been a grave would the muslims have been so very disrespectful to their dead prophet and just dug him up with the rest of the rubble to install the foundations? It seems that after Muhammad`s death there was no interest or respect for him. He just came and went. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh.

sum