Everyone has some general idea of this topic such as the types of houses, food available & diet, clothing, etc. but the goal here is to understand more of the little details.
Examples (just for instance):
- Camel training, saddles, care; where do you find enough fodder for them?
- Furniture (beds?, couches?, rugs?)
- Plant and animal life from the coast of the Red Sea to the mountains, hunting, gathering food.
- Where and how to get water in Mecca (supposedly there as a well, some seasonal streams?, and cisterns to catch the occasional rain), leather buckets. People must have spent an inordinate amount of time and energy finding, fetching, storing water....
- Home construction, materials, design
- Fire & cooking. Not much wood available and probably too valuable to use for firewood much of the time except perhaps brush and smaller sticks. (Camel dung used for fire?)
- Markets, festivals, recreation (poetry, story tellers, jugglers, whatever?)
My preferences for ebooks, websites, youtube, etc. I have almost stopped reading printed books and buy most of my books from Amazon as ebooks these days.
Note the above doesn't have to be about the early Muslims per se, just how people carried out daily life, found food & shelter, and interacted buying, selling or trading goods and such.
Thanks in advance to anyone who even tries to help.