Rational thought is banned - Imam Shafi (Gems from ROT)

Prove Islam is from God, why it is the 'One True Religion'.
paarsurrey

Re: Buddha was a Theist‎

Post by paarsurrey »

Hi friends

I can see that the Atheists Agnostics have made it a point to show disrespect to others and their faiths as a matter of policy; that is why I have mentioned it; otherwise they can improve. If as they say Buddha and Socrates did not believe in God but they both respected others and they never uttered a foul or deriding sentence, in my opinion; I expect them to follow their example at least.

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran.

Thanks
I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim;bridging gaps between faiths/denominations/sects/religions Atheists/Agnostics/Humanists and working for their unity and brotherhood.

http://paarsurrey.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

byteresistor

Post by byteresistor »

paarsurrey wrote:If as they say Buddha and Socrates did not believe in God but they both respected others and they never uttered a foul or deriding sentence, in my opinion; I expect them to follow their example at least
You're still not getting it. We non-believers don't follow anyone in our non-belief.

crazymonkie_

Post by crazymonkie_ »

paarsurrey wrote:Hi friends

I can see that the Atheists Agnostics have made it a point to show disrespect to others and their faiths as a matter of policy;
Only when the faiths in question are absurd. Remember the debates about free will we've been having?
that is why I have mentioned it; otherwise they can improve.
We do just fine, thanks much. You're the one with the problem here- you need a thicker skin and to learn how to develop and take part in an argument. You have done none of these things.
If as they say Buddha and Socrates did not believe in God but they both respected others and they never uttered a foul or deriding sentence, in my opinion; I expect them to follow their example at least.
When did Socrates come into this?

The Buddha uttered PLENTY of "deriding" sentences- especially by your standards. The Sutra "What Brahman Didn't Know", for instance, is the Buddha teaching Brahman about his true place in the Universe. By extension, he is deriding and negating the the proto-Hindu ideas about the gods in general, and Brahaman in particular.

Again: Grow a thicker skin.

paarsurrey

Re: Declaring one’s denomination promotes meaningful discussion

Post by paarsurrey »

Hi friends

It is not against Quran/Islam/Muhammad; it is established
from versesof Quran by the Promised Messiah ‎‎1835-1908:‎

God commences the Holy Qur’an with the verse:‎

All praise belongs to Allah, Lord of all the worlds.‎
‎(al-Fatihah, 1:2)‎

God also made it clear in several places in the Holy Qur’an
that His Messengers have been appearing in different lands all
over the world. In fact He did not neglect any people or any
country. The Holy Qur’an explains through various examples
that just as God has been looking after the physical development
of the people of every country, in accordance with their
requirements, so has He blessed every country and every
people with spiritual upbringing. Allah says in the Holy
Qur’an:‎
‎ ‎
Meaning that there is no people to whom a Warner has not
been sent.‎
Fatir, 35:25‎

Therefore there is no question that the True and Perfect
God, to believe in Whom is essential for every person, is the
Lord of all the worlds. ‎

Furthermore, His providence is not
confined to any particular people, age or country. In fact, He
is the Lord of all peoples, the Lord of time and space, and He‎
is the
Sovereign of all the countries. He alone is the
Fountainhead of all beneficence and the Source of every
physical and spiritual strength. All that exists is sustained by
Him. He is the Support for every creature.‎

It is the universal beneficence of God which encompasses
all peoples, all countries and all ages. It so happened lest
anyone should have cause to complain that: ‘God has
bestowed His favour upon such and such people, but not
upon us.’ Or that: ‘So and so received the Book in order to be
guided while we did not.’ Or that: ‘In such and such an age,‎
He revealed Himself through His revelations, communications
and miracles but in our time He remained hidden.’ ‎

Thus, by
demonstrating His universal beneficence, He left no justification
for such possible accusations. He displayed His virtues
boundlessly so that no people remain bereft of physical and
spiritual bounties from Him. He also did not treat any age as doomed.‎

http://www.*you_got_to_be_kidding*/library/books/Me ... -Peace.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You have rightly understood. I also love Confucius due to the same reasoning.‎

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran.‎

Thanks
I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim;bridging gaps between faiths/denominations/sects/religions Atheists/Agnostics/Humanists and working for their unity and brotherhood.

paarsurrey

The world has become like a close-net village

Post by paarsurrey »

Hello Paar, I understand your love of Jesus,Mary and Moses. However, about Krishna,Buddha, Zoroaster and Cyrus, are you sure you are not violating the Quranic injunction?

Buddha particularly was an agnostic or a Deist who never really discussed about divinity and supernatural in his teaching. Maybe your answer will be that these people were originally prophets but their teachings interpolated over time period. Right?

How about Confucius? Do you love him too?

Humanity is but one family. :)
Hi friends

Since Quran is a Word of Revelation from the All-Wise, the Creator- God Allah YHWH; He sent Messenger Prophets to all the lands of the world to guide the humanity to His path. Now that the world has become like a close-net village; all these Messengers Prophets have been honored by Muhammad. The truthful Revelations, deeds/acts of all these Messengers Prophets have been secured in Quran; and their role has been set by God to introduce their nations and lead them to Muhammad - the Seal of Messengers Prophets; Muhammad authenticates their truthfulness, under lasting principles mentioned in Quran.

I love Jesus, Mary, Moses, Moses' mother, Krishna, Buddha, Lao Tse , Confucius, Socrates, Zoroaster,Cyrus etc great leaders of the world in Ethics, Morals and Spirituality; I love them all; this is the teaching of Quran/Islam/Muhammad as explained by the Promised Messiah 1835-1908. I think it has got a lot of common sense and wisdom; my Atheist and Agnostic friends would admit.

Thanks

yeezevee

Post by yeezevee »

paarsurrey
Hi friends

Since Quran is a Word of Revelation from the All-Wise, the Creator- God Allah YHWH; He sent Messenger Prophets to all the lands of the world to guide the humanity to His path. Now that the world has become like a close-net village; all these Messengers Prophets have been honored by Muhammad....
what is wrong with you dear paarsurrey ?? again You are writing the word "Muhammad" without "PBUH" "RA".. bad.. very bad.,Really

Quran is a Word of Revelation from the All-Wise, the Creator- God Allah???

Well I am not certain on that dear paarsurrey., I thought Arch Angel Gabriel spoke in the ears of Prophet of Islam paarsurrey and Prophet Muhammad vomited out of his mouth..

By the way Arch Angel Gabriel .. is it man and women.. what was Arch Angel Gabriel's gender??

any way watch these video..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G059S0bD5rY&NR=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4cWIt-J ... r_embedded#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

she is wonderful..

withbest
yeezevee

paarsurrey

Post by paarsurrey »

A poster in this threadi worte:
Buddha particularly was an agnostic or a Deist who never really discussed about divinity and supernatural in his teaching.
Hi friends

In reply to the above comments of one of our posteres here, I have started a new thread:

Buddha and belief in Creator God

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5086&p=83641#p83641" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks

ixolite

Post by ixolite »

paarsurrey wrote:A poster in this threadi worte:
Buddha particularly was an agnostic or a Deist who never really discussed about divinity and supernatural in his teaching.
Hi friends

In reply to the above comments of one of our posteres here, I have started a new thread:

Buddha and belief in Creator God

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5086&p=83641#p83641" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks
I told you to stop the spam:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=5037" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

charleslemartel

Post by charleslemartel »

debunker wrote:@ charles

come on charles, are you gonna try to tell me that, for examlpe, when you guys are standing in long lines, one after another, engaging in conversations with a clear-cut idiot like Jo, that's you being serious?

BTW, I really think that YOU, of all atheists here, never could get over the idea of God... you believe in Him... except He's buried deep down inside your heart... He will come back one day.
Maybe; maybe he will come back once I get some evidence about him. So far, it is sorely lacking.

It is like I think I have stated earlier too. I do wish to believe that there is some God who is taking care of things. But I do realize that my wishes have no legs to stand upon. I can't cheat myself in to believing something for which I have no arguments/evidence.

Sorry to have missed out on this post earlier.
Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.

paarsurrey

Post by paarsurrey »

kenmirzz wrote:
How about Confucius? Do you love him too?
Humanity is but one family.
Hi friend kenmirzz

Yes, Confucius was also a great Chinese philosopher who believed in the existence of God. He also deserved to be loved. Mirza Tahir Ahmad fourth Caliph of the Promised Messiah 1835-1908 writes:

When we speak of Confucianism being treated as a mere philosophy, we particularly have in mind the question of the existence of God. Few followers of Confucius (550–478 BC) today have a clear belief in any Divine existence. Yet they believe in the world of spirits and souls, and some even practise ancestor worship. However we believe that a reappraisal of the currently popular understanding of Confucianism is vital.

Examining the early texts upon which Confucianism is founded, there is no doubt that this religion too is squarely built on a sound belief in the existence of God. It owes much of its philosophy and wisdom to revelation, rather than to the contemplations of wise men.

http://www.*you_got_to_be_kidding*/library/books/re ... ion_3.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One may access the above link to know about him.

I love Jesis and Mary as mentioned in Quran.

Thanks