New Theme for main site

Brain

New Theme for main site

Post by Brain »

New theme is ready for main site (http://www.faithfreedom.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) . Pls browse the site and let me know if there is any error on any page.

You can also post your feedback here on new design.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█░ Faithfreedom International - Exposing true face of Islam ░█
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Chief Chingachgook

Re: New Theme for main site

Post by Chief Chingachgook »

Seen it, faster, neat and more orderly but where are the commercials, :D not that I like it but this site must keep going.

Congratulations to EACH and EVERYONE of you behind the scene. Thanks Brain! Thank you all :rock:
I was chingachgook in the old forum. In this new Reservation forum I was made a Chief :whistling:
charleslemartel

Post by charleslemartel »

The theme is much better than the previous one and appears to be nicely organized.

But where does a visitor subscribe to the newsletter?
Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
Ibn Rushd

Post by Ibn Rushd »

I think it's ugly. I used to browse down the page looking at the dates and new comments. Now it seems they're on the side? :huh: Also the colour scheme clashes. FFI should have red in it.
There is no Master but the Master, and QT-1 is his Prophet.

Asimov's robot story "Reason"
Brain

Post by Brain »

charleslemartel wrote:The theme is much better than the previous one and appears to be nicely organized.

But where does a visitor subscribe to the newsletter?
Added newsletter.
Ariel

Post by Ariel »

I like the new theme. It looks clean and businesslike .
Although some pages are a bit messy because some pictures and videos are shown as a white box with a cross in. ( sorry for technical explanation)

http://www.faithfreedom.org/category/visual/video/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PS...
I also miss a link to the forums.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.
subanallah

Post by subanallah »

I am not at all fan of this new look. I know you did worked hard on it. Make it pleasant to a readers eye.
Islam Will Rule the Universe

Satan words at www.faithfreedom.org
charleslemartel

Post by charleslemartel »

Ariel wrote:I like the new theme. It looks clean and businesslike .
Although some pages are a bit messy because some pictures and videos are shown as a white box with a cross in. ( sorry for technical explanation)

http://www.faithfreedom.org/category/visual/video/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PS...
The link to the forum is there at the top.
Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
Desert Gangsta

Post by Desert Gangsta »

I'd change "Visual" to "Multimedia"
I've been Inspired by Muhammad too.
Red Freud

Post by Red Freud »

Congrats brain and everyone else who worked for this theme. I think the new theme is excellent. As a webdesigner myself - i tweaked it a little bit - matched the background color to the h1 color...

Current site pic :

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

charleslemartel wrote:
Ariel wrote:I like the new theme. It looks clean and businesslike .

PS...
The link to the forum is there at the top.
Only to this forum Charles. Not to the other forums as far as I can see.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.
truth seeker

Post by truth seeker »

Thank you, Brain et al.

I would like to suggest that you provide the author of the article/link on the main page with the link/title itself. We all have different tastes in writers and are accustomed to some over others. It would be convenient to provide author names so one does not have to click on each link to find writings by certain authors.

Thanks,
TS
manfred

Post by manfred »

Ariel wrote:
Yes I noticed that... I also sometimes write on the German and Indonesian forums, it was handy to have links to ALL of the forums in one place... I wonder if it simply was forgotten in the redesign or if there was a reason to remove the links?

Brain?
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"
Brain

Post by Brain »

manfred wrote:
Ariel wrote:
Yes I noticed that... I also sometimes write on the German and Indonesian forums, it was handy to have links to ALL of the forums in one place... I wonder if it simply was forgotten in the redesign or if there was a reason to remove the links?

Brain?
Ali & editors are editing most of the pages. If there is anything missing content wise, pls PM to ali. If there is any design or coding issues, let me know.
peterpan773

Post by peterpan773 »

Can any one tell me how to access to the debates and the articles posted on the older site from the new home page.
Thanks
paulo

Post by paulo »

Oooh . . . I have to admit that I really don't like the new look :cry:

At first I though that the site had been hacked; and I kept waiting for it to be "put right"

But now I realize that it was intentional and that is a real pity.

Take a look at Islam Watch http://www.islam-watch.org/iw-new/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; that has a fantastic new Web2 look to it and is definitely the way to go.

Many of the old features have simply disappeared -- such as the number of comments; the number of views; the date the article first appeared.

I know you put in a lot of work, but to be honest the previous design was much better
Ibn Rushd

Post by Ibn Rushd »

The felibri link at top-right extends down through the Abe Lincoln quote. When the mouse is over either, that is what shows as a link.
There is no Master but the Master, and QT-1 is his Prophet.

Asimov's robot story "Reason"
Fathom

Post by Fathom »

The widget for "Recent Posts" should be renamed to "FFI Articles" to both properly identify them as articles, and distinguish them from forum posts.

Also, the articles section needs to be more visible with actual articles being displayed on the page, as opposed to mere links. The articles have always been what this site is known for, and deserve to be displayed far more prominantly on the main page.
Fathom

Post by Fathom »

paulo wrote:Oooh . . . I have to admit that I really don't like the new look :cry:

At first I though that the site had been hacked; and I kept waiting for it to be "put right"

But now I realize that it was intentional and that is a real pity.

Take a look at Islam Watch http://www.islam-watch.org/iw-new/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; that has a fantastic new Web2 look to it and is definitely the way to go.

Many of the old features have simply disappeared -- such as the number of comments; the number of views; the date the article first appeared.

I know you put in a lot of work, but to be honest the previous design was much better
The concept is good, it just needs a little fine tuning to improve it.