Page 1 of 1

A suggestion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:28 am
by BaigZaheer
Why not introduce genuine photos of all who post here. It is so boring to see birds, animals and alpha-numerics posting here. It would be nice to see 'sum' as 'Sum', 'eagle' as 'Eagle'

Christians, Muslims, ex-Muslims, Jews, Hindus and others can post their photos on their profiles.

Can we do that if all agree to do so?

Re: A suggestion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:30 am
by Eagle
Ill do it differently. Each one has to give his own description of how he imagines each prominent member looks like, first. No ad hominem, just physical descriptions and once everyone had his say then those who want to post a pic can do so, holding a paper with their login name..here are a few members, a

Manfred.
Late 60s, SE asian, 160cm, hair still dark, moustache, skinny but not frail, a bit like Ip Man (Bruce Lee's master)

Sum
Late 60s, caucasian, 170cm, bold, overwheight, white hair and very wrinkled face and hands

Hombre
40s, Latino, 170cm, dark hair normal built, could even be good looking

Fernando
Early 30s, latino, 170cm, slightly overweight, short black hair, sweaty hands

Centaur
Late 30s, india, 160cm, skinny, bad haircut and little moustache

Baig
Late 60s, SE asian, 175cm, bold white hair, a bit overweight, sweaty front head

Skynightblaze
Early 30s, india, 165cm, overweight, glasses

SAM
Later 30s, Pakistan, 170cm, average built, bad haircut

Just a few regulars, and my spontaneous mental image of them.

Re: A suggestion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:11 am
by manfred
Eagle I did not realise you had a sense of humour... :lotpot:

Zaheer, we had members here who had death threats for writing here, and one woman from Pakistan, a few years back, was indeed attacked for leaving Islam. She had been "befriended" by a Muslim member who got enough information from her by PM to show up at her house. When her husband learned she had been a member here, he beat her with a chain from a motorbike and put her into hospital. He then divorced her and she was not allowed to see her children again. He was never prosecuted for the bodily harm he inflicted on his wife.

Since then I am weary of too much personal information.

So I am not sure this is a good idea, but I will not stand in anyone's way.

I do like eagle's idea, telling each other how we see each other. Sadly, the first one trying to copy his rather humerus post was SAM, but with acidic hatred instead of a bit of fun.

If done right we would perhaps end up talking with each other in a more relaxed way. it would be wonderful to be able to disagree in some things and still regard each other as friends.

Re: A suggestion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:44 am
by SAM
manfred wrote:Eagle I did not realise you had a sense of humour... :lotpot:

Zaheer, we had members here who had death threats for writing here, and one woman from Pakistan, a few years back, was indeed attacked for leaving Islam. She had been "befriended" by a Muslim member who got enough information from her by PM to show up at her house. When her husband learned she had been a member here, he beat her with a chain from a motorbike and put her into hospital. He then divorced her and she was not allowed to see her children again. He was never prosecuted for the bodily harm he inflicted on his wife.

Since then I am weary of too much personal information.

So I am not sure this is a good idea, but I will not stand in anyone's way.
:lamer: :liar: I know you are lying.. proof it if I am wrong.

Re: A suggestion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:12 am
by manfred
You don't even know why dogs bark.

This issue has been a discussion among moderators for some time and was one of the reasons why the forum was relaunched. I don't care if you believe it or not. I will not put any traceable personal information here, neither about me nor about anyone else.
Some time ago, Ahmed posted a picture of his son, and it was removed that for the same reason. This place is about discussing Islam without fear and without personalities.

I have sympathy with Zaheer's idea, but I am also aware that as the admin on the forum I have some responsibility for the online safety of members.

That is also why your insults are not welcome here. They are a form of violence too.

That woman has not been in touch for years (though I believe she kept links with Ariel for a while). She has been turned into a non-person by many Muslim members here, and her suffering belittled or denied by many.

The last I heard she managed to leave the country and is now in Sri Lanka.

Re: A suggestion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:26 pm
by manfred
I know you are lying..


What you think you become. What you feel you attract. What you imagine you create.

Re: A suggestion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:26 am
by Fernando
Very perceptive, Eagle. How did you know we were all between 160 cm and 175 cm (5ft3 and 5ft9) tall? Have you hacked our webcams? SAM had better put some tape over his - or get to his barber, quick!

Re: A suggestion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:24 am
by BaigZaheer
Eagle wrote:Ill do it differently. Each one has to give his own description of how he imagines each prominent member looks like, first. No ad hominem, just physical descriptions and once everyone had his say then those who want to post a pic can do so, holding a paper with their login name..here are a few members, a

Manfred.
Late 60s, SE asian, 160cm, hair still dark, moustache, skinny but not frail, a bit like Ip Man (Bruce Lee's master)

Sum
Late 60s, caucasian, 170cm, bold, overwheight, white hair and very wrinkled face and hands

Hombre
40s, Latino, 170cm, dark hair normal built, could even be good looking

Fernando
Early 30s, latino, 170cm, slightly overweight, short black hair, sweaty hands

Centaur
Late 30s, india, 160cm, skinny, bad haircut and little moustache

Baig
Late 60s, SE asian, 175cm, bold white hair, a bit overweight, sweaty front head

Skynightblaze
Early 30s, india, 165cm, overweight, glasses

SAM
Later 30s, Pakistan, 170cm, average built, bad haircut

Just a few regulars, and my spontaneous mental image of them.


Thanks, eagle. Now I have a good picture of those you described. I am in the early seventies and 1.78m. It means that I tower over others. :lol:

Re: A suggestion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:27 am
by BaigZaheer
manfred wrote:Eagle I did not realise you had a sense of humour... :lotpot:

Zaheer, we had members here who had death threats for writing here, and one woman from Pakistan, a few years back, was indeed attacked for leaving Islam. She had been "befriended" by a Muslim member who got enough information from her by PM to show up at her house. When her husband learned she had been a member here, he beat her with a chain from a motorbike and put her into hospital. He then divorced her and she was not allowed to see her children again. He was never prosecuted for the bodily harm he inflicted on his wife.

Since then I am weary of too much personal information.

So I am not sure this is a good idea, but I will not stand in anyone's way.

I do like eagle's idea, telling each other how we see each other. Sadly, the first one trying to copy his rather humerus post was SAM, but with acidic hatred instead of a bit of fun.

If done right we would perhaps end up talking with each other in a more relaxed way. it would be wonderful to be able to disagree in some things and still regard each other as friends.


I understand, Manfred. We can exclude the so-called ex-Muslims and tell them not to post their photos.

Re: A suggestion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:48 am
by SAM
BaigZaheer wrote:
Eagle wrote:Ill do it differently. Each one has to give his own description of how he imagines each prominent member looks like, first. No ad hominem, just physical descriptions and once everyone had his say then those who want to post a pic can do so, holding a paper with their login name..here are a few members, a

Manfred.
Late 60s, SE asian, 160cm, hair still dark, moustache, skinny but not frail, a bit like Ip Man (Bruce Lee's master)

Sum
Late 60s, caucasian, 170cm, bold, overwheight, white hair and very wrinkled face and hands

Hombre
40s, Latino, 170cm, dark hair normal built, could even be good looking

Fernando
Early 30s, latino, 170cm, slightly overweight, short black hair, sweaty hands

Centaur
Late 30s, india, 160cm, skinny, bad haircut and little moustache

Baig
Late 60s, SE asian, 175cm, bold white hair, a bit overweight, sweaty front head

Skynightblaze
Early 30s, india, 165cm, overweight, glasses

SAM
Later 30s, Pakistan, 170cm, average built, bad haircut

Just a few regulars, and my spontaneous mental image of them.


Thanks, eagle. Now I have a good picture of those you described. I am in the early seventies and 1.78m. It means that I tower over others. :lol:
Are you Temasek Arab? :turban:

I understand, Manfred. We can exclude the so-called ex-Muslims and tell them not to post their photos.
He is a celibate who is 80 years old, a mixed blood of an Indonesian mother and Scottish father.

Re: A suggestion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:11 am
by BaigZaheer
SAM wrote:Are you Temasek Arab? :turban:

I understand, Manfred. We can exclude the so-called ex-Muslims and tell them not to post their photos.


He is a celibate who is 80 years old, a mixed blood of an Indonesian mother and Scottish father.


Temasek Muslim, SAM. :lol:

Re: A suggestion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:32 pm
by sum
Hello BaigZaheer

I wonder why you picked me out as the only non-muslim that you would like to see a picture of. Is it because I frequently call you out regarding Islam? This could well put me in danger - I hope that you did not mean to do that - did you?

sum

Re: A suggestion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:15 pm
by Hombre
BaigZaheer wrote:Why not introduce genuine photos of all who post here. It is so boring to see birds, animals and alpha-numerics posting here. It would be nice to see 'sum' as 'Sum', 'eagle' as 'Eagle'

Christians, Muslims, ex-Muslims, Jews, Hindus and others can post their photos on their profiles.

Can we do that if all agree to do so?
PRIVACY!!!!!!

BUT. Let me guess...............................mmmmmmmmmmmm Here is how SAM might look:


Re: A suggestion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:19 pm
by Hombre
Eagle wrote:Hombre
40s, Latino, 170cm, dark hair normal built, could even be good looking
Thanks for the compliment.