What is it like for new muslims?

Share your experiences of having a Muslim in a relationship, as a friend or family member
Al Hope

What is it like for new muslims?

Post by Al Hope »

Having recently read the Quran, it would seem that anyone who reads it would, at minimum, be concerned about the hate speech, intolerance and totalitarian nature of the book. Readers must have serious concerns about the validity of the messenger. My wife and I are very curious what it is like for new Muslims. Are they immediately exposed to the Quran? Are they normally so caught up in the spiritual parts about God that they do not really focus on obvious concerns about the messenger?

Americans need to have a better understanding of this topic...surely not all 3 million Muslims in America today are part of the "deception"? I am hoping hear from Muslims with personal experience.

Al Hope
Al Hope

-Peace-

Re: What is it like for new muslims?

Post by -Peace- »

In my family we were just taught the spiritual stuff (praying, fasting, etc.). . We do have a Quran, and I never really felt like reading it because it was a HUGE book and it didn't make sense to me when I started reading it (I was told that I should learn Arabic and study it in Arabic since in English it can't be translated properly). I was in high school at that time so did not even have time to learn it. When I did read the Quran I was shocked, and that is what led me to not only stop believing in Islam and the Quran but ALL religions.

-- UPDATE--
"it would seem that anyone who reads it would, at minimum, be concerned about the hate speech, intolerance and totalitarian nature of the book"
No, UNFORTUNATELY you are very wrong on this. A Muslim is taught that the Quran is the verbatim word of God and they are brainwashed by Imam's and Scholars in to thinking that there is nothing wrong in the Quran. We are told not to take the Quran literally (and this is good otherwise the world would be hell because of Muslims), and that there are special "interpretations" of the Quran (tafsir) that must be studied in order to know it better. So even if the Quran says anything against Jews, Muslims will say that it doesn't say anything against Jews and the verse means something else..and of course Muslims are gullible and brainwashed so they will believe it.

I hope some day Islam and Quran will be history.
Last edited by -Peace- on Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JUST KIDDING, STILL AN APOSTATE. MWAHAHAHAHA! HEHEHEHEHEH! :D BACK TO THE RIGHT PATH. ALHAMDULILLAH! :)

expozIslam

Post by expozIslam »

-Peace- wrote:In my family we were just taught the spiritual stuff (praying, fasting, etc.). . We do have a Quran, and I never really felt like reading it because it was a HUGE book and it didn't make sense to me when I started reading it (I was told that I should learn Arabic and study it in Arabic since in English it can't be translated properly). I was in high school at that time so did not even have time to learn it. When I did read the Quran I was shocked, and that is what led me to not only stop believing in Islam and the Quran but ALL religions.
Do you see the irony in your statement? You learn Arabic by mapping arabic to english and somehow Quran cannot be translated to English.
Another irony is that your beloved Allah did not reveal quran in a language that would dominate the world and become the langauge of choice for most people. Not only that, even arabic readers of Quran cannot understand the quran well given the number of groups among arab muslims themselves.
“The truth, of course, is that a billion falsehoods told a billion times by a billion people are still false.”

-Peace-

Post by -Peace- »

expozIslam wrote: Do you see the irony in your statement? You learn Arabic by mapping arabic to english and somehow Quran cannot be translated to English.
Another irony is that your beloved Allah did not reveal quran in a language that would dominate the world and become the langauge of choice for most people. Not only that, even arabic readers of Quran cannot understand the quran well given the number of groups among arab muslims themselves.
I do see the irony but Muslims don't. Why are you saying "your beloved Allah" when I don't even believe in Islam, Allah, or any religion at all? Btw, just updated my post with some more thoughts. :P
JUST KIDDING, STILL AN APOSTATE. MWAHAHAHAHA! HEHEHEHEHEH! :D BACK TO THE RIGHT PATH. ALHAMDULILLAH! :)

SciFiMoviesFan

Post by SciFiMoviesFan »

firstly it were great, muslims were welcoming, "assalamu alaikum brothers and sister, alhamdulillah."

then things happened such as betrayal.

discovers stuff.

realised things.

then problems.

then damp life. trapped.