taking SAM to meet people ...

Share your experiences of having a Muslim in a relationship, as a friend or family member
manfred

taking SAM to meet people ...

Post by manfred »

To our friend SAM, (and possibly some others too) non-Muslims are "haters" and horrible people. He is in all of our lives, in one way or another, so I thought and put it here.

Perhaps what he needs is to get to know people from different backgrounds more. I want to introduce him first to a Jewish man, born in Israel now living in New York who is a very talented person.

He is a singer (cantor) at a synagogue in Manhattan, and one of his aims in life is to bring Jewish music, both religious and secular, to people around the world.

Here is one song often heard in a synagogue on the day of atonement and also on New Year....

Let me know if you like it SAM .... Don't you think it is very moving?

This thread is not a place to quarrel, just to get to know each other and people around the world.

May SAM would like to share something about a person that impressed him?
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"

Ariel

Re: taking SAM to meet people ...

Post by Ariel »

Muslim and Jewish paramedics pause to pray together. One of many inspiring moments in the coronavirus crisis
Jewish paramedic Avraham Mintz faces Jerusalem, his prayer shawl hanging off his shoulders. Muslim paramedic Zoher Abu Jama kneels facing Mecca, his prayer rug unfurled before him.
There was barely any time to pause.

Avraham Mintz and Zoher Abu Jama just finished responding to a call regarding a 41-year-old woman having respiratory problems in the southern Israeli city of Be'er Sheva.

Before that, they were checking on a 77-year-old man. There would be more calls ahead. Of that, there was no doubt.

As the clock neared six in the afternoon, Mintz and Abu Jama realized it may be their only break of the shift. The two members of Magen David Adom (MDA), Israel's emergency response service, paused to pray. Mintz, a religious Jew, stood facing Jerusalem, his white and black prayer shawl hanging off his shoulders. Abu Jama, an observant Muslim, knelt facing Mecca, his maroon and white prayer rug unfurled underneath him.

For the two paramedics, who routinely work together two or three times a week, the joint prayer was nothing new. For so many others, it was an inspiring image in the midst of the global coronavirus pandemic.

A picture of the two men snapped by a co-worker quickly went viral, garnering thousands of likes on social media and appearing in international media coverage. One user responded on Instagram: "I'm proud of all of the rescue services, it doesn't matter from what community or religion." On Twitter, another user said: "One fight! One victory! Let's unite."

"The fact that it is so simple makes it so powerful. I believe that Zoher and I and most of the world understand that we have to raise our heads and pray. That's all that's left," Mintz told CNN. A father of nine who lives in Be'er Sheva, the 42-year-old is a full-time MDA worker who trains volunteers.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

IDF delivers food packages to Israeli-Muslims for Ramadan

The food parcels are part of a larger effort to raise awareness among Arabs in Israel about the coronavirus outbreak.

The IDF's Homefront Command volunteers began on Tuesday delivering food packages to Muslims in Israel ahead of the month of Ramadan, according to the IDF Spokesperson's Unit.

In addition to the food packages, 270,000 stickers and leaflets in Arabic which will be delivered ahead of Thursday, when Ramadan begins. The printed materials are meant to raise awareness about how to best avoid the spread of coronavirus.

Ramadan is marked by daily fasts and evening feasts, as well as prayers, which are usually held in the company of family members and friends.

Israeli Health officials are worried about the possibility infection rates among the Muslim communities in the country will spike due to the communal nature of the holiday.

manfred

Post by manfred »

Great ! Let's put something about people who do not conform to stereotypes. None of us do, anyway, but some really are completely different from what people expect....

Take "ultra-orthodox Jew".... What come to mind? A guy with eccentric hair cut, odd clothes, more hats than heads, perhaps with little education but 10 kids, driving a station wagon awkwardly, and uncomfortable using a mobile phone?

While this is rubbish for almost all of them, even though one thing or another may fit, this image sticks.

Well, have a look at this guy...

You would not assume that a) he is a well known singer, a star even and b) he runs a youtube channel, would you? You would also not assume that he was company director of a technology firm before he decided to become a singer, would you?

There you go, not everybody is what a label suggests.

Here is a song sung by him, what do you think?

Can you put something too? People that impress you, people that break the mould, people that don't fit stereotypes.

Hombre

Post by Hombre »

manfred wrote:To our friend SAM, (and possibly some others too) non-Muslims are "haters" and horrible people. He is in all of our lives, in one way or another, so I thought and put it here.

Perhaps what he needs is to get to know people from different backgrounds more. I want to introduce him first to a Jewish man, born in Israel now living in New York who is a very talented person.

He is a singer (cantor) at a synagogue in Manhattan, and one of his aims in life is to bring Jewish music, both religious and secular, to people around the world.

Here is one song often heard in a synagogue on the day of atonement and also on New Year....

Let me know if you like it SAM .... Don't you think it is very moving?

This thread is not a place to quarrel, just to get to know each other and people around the world.

May SAM would like to share something about a person that impressed him?
SAMI. Here is the lyrics of that song translated to English - This song goes back 3300 years. Once you read it, you will fall in love Judaism :lol: .
(Sorry there is no "Allah Wu-Akbar in there).

Our Father Our King
Versions: #1#2
Our father our king
our king, inscribe us
in the book of good life, in the book of good life.
Our father our king
our king, inscribe us
in the book of redemption and salvation, in the book of redemption and salvation.

Our father our king
inscribe us, seal us
in the book of good life.
Our father our king
inscribe us, seal us
in the book of redemption and salvation.

Our father our king
our king, inscribe us
Our father our king
inscribe us, seal us
Our father our king
inscribe us, seal us

Our father our king
inscribe us, seal us
Our father our king
inscribe us, seal us

Redemption and salvation...

Our father our king
our king, inscribe us
Our father our king
inscribe us, seal us
inscribe us, seal us

Our father our king
our king, inscribe us
Our father our king
inscribe us, seal us
Our father our king
inscribe us, seal us
Our father our king
https://lyricstranslate.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SAM

Post by SAM »

Spoiler! :
Hombre wrote: SAMI. Here is the lyrics of that song translated to English - This song goes back 3300 years. Once you read it, you will fall in love Judaism :lol: .
(Sorry there is no "Allah Wu-Akbar in there).

Our Father Our King
Versions: #1#2
Our father our king
our king, inscribe us
Our father our king
our king, inscribe us
in the book of redemption and salvation, in the book of redemption and salvation.

Our father our king
inscribe us, seal us
Our father our king
inscribe us, seal us

Our father our king
our king, inscribe us
Our father our king
inscribe us, seal us
Our father our king
inscribe us, seal us

Our father our king
inscribe us, seal us
Our father our king
inscribe us, seal us

Redemption and salvation...

Our father our king
our king, inscribe us
Our father our king
inscribe us, seal us
inscribe us, seal us

Our father our king
our king, inscribe us
Our father our king
inscribe us, seal us
Our father our king
inscribe us, seal us
Our father our king
https://lyricstranslate.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:clueless:I didn't see anything special about it. :clueless:
Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion.
Say: "The Guidance of Allah,-that is the (only) Guidance."
(2:120)

manfred

Post by manfred »

did you listen?

SAM

Post by SAM »

manfred wrote:did you listen?
Yup... .I don't see that it has anything to do with me.. :clueless:
Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion.

manfred

Post by manfred »

So did you like the song?

SAM

Post by SAM »

manfred wrote:So did you like the song?
Well, that song doesn't make me feeling heavenly compared to the mawlid.

manfred

Post by manfred »

So why not post that?

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Baby girl from Gaza saved by team of Israeli, Palestinian doctors

Lama was diagnosed with a heart defect that results in abnormal blood flow between two of the major arteries connected to the heart, a condition which requires medical intervention.

The life of a six-month-old Palestinian baby girl was rescued by the collaborative efforts of Israeli and Palestinian medical staff at the Wolfson Medical Center in Holon, Israel this past week.

Lama, a six-month-old baby girl from Gaza born with a heart defect, had been receiving treatment in Gaza since her diagnosis under the care of Palestinian pediatric cardiologist Dr. Fayez Shakalia.

Shakalia received training in these types of medical procedures by the Save a Child's Heart foundation, which brings doctors from the Palestinian territories and developing countries to come to Israel and train with Israeli medical experts. Save a Child's Heart brings children to Israel from all across the world for lifesaving heart surgeries and has treated more than 5,000 children from 62 countries to date.

Lama herself, was diagnosed with a heart defect that results in abnormal blood flow between two of the major arteries connected to the heart, a condition which requires medical intervention.

Her treatments were progressing smoothly at the local Gaza hospital until a catheterization procedure went awry, requiring Lama's immediate transfer to an Israeli hospital to receive open-heart surgery.

Urgent requests were then sent to Israeli authorities allow Lama into Israel, while separate requests were then sent to the Palestinian authorities requesting she be able to leave, accompanied by her mother, to the Wolfson Medical Center for her lifesaving treatment. After an agreement on both sides, Lama was transferred via ambulance through the Erez Crossing and from there driven to the hospital in Holon.

“After speaking with Dr Shakalia we understood that Lama needed to be operated as soon as possible,” said Dr Alona Raucher Sternfeld, head of pediatric cardiology at Wolfson. “We have been working with Dr Shakalia and our other partners in Gaza for years, and thanks to this cooperation, more than 2,500 Palestinian children – both from the West Bank and from Gaza – were treated by us throughout the years."

Lama underwent the successful open-heart surgery on Tuesday, she is now recovering in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at Wolfson Medical Center.

“I was very nervous to come here at the beginning, it is my first time in Israel, but everything is perfect now. My baby is saved, and the doctors are taking care of everything”, said Lama's mother following the surgery. Lama will return to Gaza with her mother after she recovers.

“This story perfectly describes Israel, a big-hearted country with cutting edge technology and know how. We will continue to practice the Jewish People’s ancient commandment to practice tikun olam, translated literally as ‘healing the world,’” said Canadian-Israeli philanthropist Sylvan Adams, one of the major donors for the Save a Child's Heart foundation.