Levels of Ex-Muslim

Share your experiences of having a Muslim in a relationship, as a friend or family member
Iraqia

Levels of Ex-Muslim

Post by Iraqia »

Can I just say that the types of Ex-Muslims I'm meeting today are annoying as hell. Most of them seem to have just left Islam and become Atheist because its now hip to be Atheist these days or because of some trauma like a divorce. They are still very highly defensive over Islam and apply political correctness when comparing Islam to other religions as opposed to really looking at it through a scholarly framework and forget about critiquing Islam as the most deadly ideology to come into the existence. I am forced to treat them with the same contempt because they think and reason almost entirely the same way. Just gross.

I wish this forum wasn't so dead.

Ariel

Re: Levels of Ex-Muslim

Post by Ariel »

Iraqia wrote:
I wish this forum wasn't so dead.
Yes. A pity. I wish we had more active members too. Invite some friends Iraqia.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.

Ibn Rushd

Re: Levels of Ex-Muslim

Post by Ibn Rushd »

I think that the whole defending Islam even as apostates comes in the first few years, when we/you/they are/were still confused and trying to make sense of it all. I remember for 2 yrs after I decided Islam was false that I would defend it, and terrorists "were taking it out of context". Maybe in a few years they would be able to have a proper discussion and think critically, but not now.
There is no Master but the Master, and QT-1 is his Prophet.

Asimov's robot story "Reason"