im an X Muslim in love with a Christian girl..help pls

Share your experiences of having a Muslim in a relationship, as a friend or family member
Alvin1981

im an X Muslim in love with a Christian girl..help pls

Post by Alvin1981 »

Hi there, I recently left islam in 2011 and I live with my parents yet they know I don't practice any more.
Im in a relationship with a Christian girl now for the past 3 months and we brought up the topic of what mu parents would think.
My oldest sister who is practiced ans has three kids knows about her but is angry that she's not muslim and has already adviswd me that if I chose the girl over my family its over and were done moreover they believe im still not muslim which I left islam 2 yrs ago.
My gf and I had a long discussion about this and I mentioned to her I don't follow relgion and will always love u for who u r and how u will treat me, but I will go with u to church and be with u.
My issue is my family is Pakistani and very controlling I understand they have raised me and given mw everything but thwy wantt ttheir way or im out the door. Ive already decided that im hoping to move out December and will ask my gf to join me andshe ssaid yes. .
The main issue is that no matter what my family will never except a non Muslim and will disown me not only because im an x Muslim but also the gf I have and mind u she is very caring and knows my family puts me down alot and decrease my confidence
What should I do?

IslamoCritic

Re: im an X Muslim in love with a Christian girl..help pls

Post by IslamoCritic »

Your sister is shifting the blame. It is her choosing Islam over her own brother, not the other way around. Screw your family and build your own life with the person you love. I haven't spoken to most of my family in years. If they think not believing in their superstitions or not being a prejudiced bigot is enough to disown you, then they don't deserve you.

StrongLove

Post by StrongLove »

First off, are you in Pakistan?

I agree that your sister is the one who is causing problems not you. You have fallen in love with a young lady. Thats what young men do! It's perfectly natural ,the fact that you've fallen for someone who has different beliefs than you indicates to me that you have an open mind & heart but your sister does not.

If you allow your sister to control you this time how many more times will she demand you behave in a way she approves? This is not a problem just for some one in a muslim family. Many kafir find themselves going against their families wishes. it's just a part of growing up.

Follow your heart or live with regret. Trust me when I tell you that regret can follow you for decades. Move out & stay with your love. Your sister will make whatever decision she chooses. Thats up to her not you.
" The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men."

Winston Churchill

Alvin1981

Post by Alvin1981 »

thanks for the responds and keep them coming please

I am originally from Pakistan and was born and raised in Toronto, Canada,

Ive made the decision to keep talking and maintaining my love for her
my sister called me yesterday and told me I have to stop talking to her or else she wont let me see her kids and I was kinda hurt to but I realized all I did was fall in love I didn't commit a crime or murder anyone.

More over once my parents find out they will tell my cousins about the girl I like and that my family will try to blame her, how do I respond to that then?
thanks and keep the replies coming

Alvin

Intelligent lad

Post by Intelligent lad »

Alvin1981 wrote:thanks for the responds and keep them coming please

I am originally from Pakistan and was born and raised in Toronto, Canada,

Ive made the decision to keep talking and maintaining my love for her
my sister called me yesterday and told me I have to stop talking to her or else she wont let me see her kids and I was kinda hurt to but I realized all I did was fall in love I didn't commit a crime or murder anyone.

More over once my parents find out they will tell my cousins about the girl I like and that my family will try to blame her, how do I respond to that then?
thanks and keep the replies coming

Alvin
If u have a good job ,then convert to Christianity and marry her. But keep in touch with your family and show that u still love them dearly. Your love for them will win in the end. I don't think your sister will abandon you forever,you can win over her with love. But never put yourself in a disadvantages position with your family.Don't trust them ,but love them and help them.
Love Jihad against Hindu and Christian Girls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwUB5cS6YLU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Raj_Flower

Post by Raj_Flower »

"If u have a good job ,then convert to Christianity and marry her."

Thats plain silly IMHO. Dont convert to anything-all religions are false. Why go from one ignorance to another? Be an atheist.

My advise is be strong first and foremost. You have made the best decision to leave islam and read a lot so that you do not ever go back. Your girlfriend is going to be thinking that you will go back to islam when you miss your parents and roti. Her friends will be telling her that you might be pretending to have left islam so that you can get in bed with her and later you ask her to wear hijab and pray namaz. (really this may be happening).

Oh love. <3

Is there anything better than looking out at the world as one yet you are two? No.

Hope it works out.

Tell your parents to accept your decision but if they dont that they should open their eyes and see the false things and mistakes in the quran and mohammed was not a good person.

I have done a quick reply.

I want you to be safe- hope they dont give you a beating.

Best of luck and enjoy life!

(I'm from lahore originally but live in manchester, uk and my situation is crazy to say the least)

Ibn Rushd

Post by Ibn Rushd »

If you were born in Toronto, you're from Canada, not Pakistan.

And Toronto is a cesspool of prejudices and bigotry. I'd hate living there. I'm in Calgary, AB.
There is no Master but the Master, and QT-1 is his Prophet.

Asimov's robot story "Reason"