Apostate NOW turned back to Islam

Share your story.
User avatar
Sten
Posts: 3205
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:19 am

Re: Apostate NOW turned back to Islam

Post by Sten »

wakeup wrote:You are either a human or a Muslim.
That's stupid.

So are you suggesting that Muslims are a different species? It always annoys the hell out of me when people refer to themselves as "human" and their opponents as "non-human" or "inhuman". Don't fall into the trap of dehumanizing your opponents, it doesn't bring anything useful to the table and only makes you sound unintelligent. Accept that everyone is human, and that it's part of the human condition to sometimes follow harmful ideologies that are detrimental to the larger population. Claiming that you are human and Muslims are not, makes you no better than a religious fundamentalist. They aren't following Islam because they are evil or because they want to destroy the world, they genuinely think that it is the right thing to do. You're not going to convince anyone that Islam is wrong by telling them that they are somehow less than human by being Muslim.

Saying someone isn't human because of their ideological mistakes brings the debate down to a very low-brow level. Try to stay objective please.
The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.
- Carl Sagan

Nomenclature
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Apostate NOW turned back to Islam

Post by Nomenclature »

Sten wrote:
wakeup wrote:You are either a human or a Muslim.
That's stupid.

So are you suggesting that Muslims are a different species? It always annoys the hell out of me when people refer to themselves as "human" and their opponents as "non-human" or "inhuman". Don't fall into the trap of dehumanizing your opponents, it doesn't bring anything useful to the table and only makes you sound unintelligent. Accept that everyone is human, and that it's part of the human condition to sometimes follow harmful ideologies that are detrimental to the larger population. Claiming that you are human and Muslims are not, makes you no better than a religious fundamentalist. They aren't following Islam because they are evil or because they want to destroy the world, they genuinely think that it is the right thing to do. You're not going to convince anyone that Islam is wrong by telling them that they are somehow less than human by being Muslim.

Saying someone isn't human because of their ideological mistakes brings the debate down to a very low-brow level. Try to stay objective please.
I agree, while I can understand the thread of your thought process, this pushes it too far and is certainly something we as civilised minds should avoid-especially due to horrors in the past that dehumanised people based on similar factors.

wakeup
Posts: 452
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Apostate NOW turned back to Islam

Post by wakeup »

The reality that most people deny is:

Islam is like a huge coal mine with endless caves and the blind followers are like coal miners.
Anyone who has seen the light and clean green environment may try to preach to these coal miners but coal miners
will only believe and stay with the darkness and cold blooded, horribly humid black tarred reality of their mind/mine.
- wakeup
If there was freedom of choice most religions would die an early death. All evil religions are cancer to the body of humanity. You are the oncologist please radiate this cancer with your enlightened knowledge. Islam will die a death soon. Meeks will inherit all and not the oppressors.


User avatar
Sten
Posts: 3205
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:19 am

Re: Apostate NOW turned back to Islam

Post by Sten »

wakeup wrote:The reality that most people deny is:

Islam is like a huge coal mine with endless caves and the blind followers are like coal miners.
Anyone who has seen the light and clean green environment may try to preach to these coal miners but coal miners
will only believe and stay with the darkness and cold blooded, horribly humid black tarred reality of their mind/mine.
- wakeup
Sure. But the coal miners are still human.
The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.
- Carl Sagan

User avatar
diotima64
Posts: 1118
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:21 am

Re: Apostate NOW turned back to Islam

Post by diotima64 »

Sten wrote:
wakeup wrote:The reality that most people deny is:

Islam is like a huge coal mine with endless caves and the blind followers are like coal miners.
Anyone who has seen the light and clean green environment may try to preach to these coal miners but coal miners
will only believe and stay with the darkness and cold blooded, horribly humid black tarred reality of their mind/mine.
- wakeup
Sure. But the coal miners are still human.
Jesus, something definitely is not right - AGAIN I find myself agreeing with Sten! :shock:

User avatar
Chiclets
Posts: 2645
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Apostate NOW turned back to Islam

Post by Chiclets »

^ you are losing faith

:roflmao:
gupsfu wrote:When someone uses the "taken out of context" argument without explaining what it's really supposed to mean, you know he's lying.
Muslims are so secure in their faith that they need to kill those who don’t share it.

User avatar
diotima64
Posts: 1118
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:21 am

Re: Apostate NOW turned back to Islam

Post by diotima64 »

Chiclets wrote:^ you are losing faith

:roflmao:
Nah, honeybun. I think it´s Sten gaining wisdom. :D

User avatar
Chiclets
Posts: 2645
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Apostate NOW turned back to Islam

Post by Chiclets »

Well as they say half full or half empty ... whatever keeps your boat afloat sweetie
gupsfu wrote:When someone uses the "taken out of context" argument without explaining what it's really supposed to mean, you know he's lying.
Muslims are so secure in their faith that they need to kill those who don’t share it.

User avatar
Sten
Posts: 3205
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:19 am

Re: Apostate NOW turned back to Islam

Post by Sten »

diotima64 wrote:
Chiclets wrote:^ you are losing faith

:roflmao:
Nah, honeybun. I think it´s Sten gaining wisdom. :D
Haven't you read my sig? No-one but Sten knows anything. :tongueout:
The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.
- Carl Sagan

User avatar
diotima64
Posts: 1118
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:21 am

Re: Apostate NOW turned back to Islam

Post by diotima64 »

Sten wrote:
diotima64 wrote:
Chiclets wrote:^ you are losing faith

:roflmao:
Nah, honeybun. I think it´s Sten gaining wisdom. :D
Haven't you read my sig? No-one but Sten knows anything. :tongueout:
Well, now you know even more! :D

Post Reply