How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Peace

Share your story.
AMohammad

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Peace

Post by AMohammad »

Hello everyone, for my final act of closure from my programming since childhood that is Islam, is of course my testimony of how I left it.

I've been raised as a Shiite muslim, and as a kid would take everything said to me as the truth. God to me was this magnificent, peaceful, all-knowing great thing as a kid, and Mohammad was this peace-loving messenger, who the blasphemous Pagans of Quraysh would pelt rocks at him till his shoes were full of blood (Any strong source for this?) for peacefully preaching as the Messenger of God. How ironic, the Quraysh are accused for intolerance, when it's actually the other way around. If anything, even though they worshipped idols, they were killed for that belief. And from that core teaching of Islam, you can see it's a very rotten apple. Looks delicious on the skin outside, but once you take a bite you're poisoned. Especially since the West truly believe it is a religion of 'peace' when it is anything but. Being raised in it and seeing first-hand, my doubts started, and over time they have built up. It has led to me being agnostic since it was such an irrational God. I was ashamed of my natural sexual desires, since it was happening outside marriage. While our good friend Mohammad was always stocked with 4 if not more wives, including our favourite 9 year old.

I was not allowed to enjoy my coming of age and my desires since I was not married under the word of God (of Islam), which is irrational to my human desires. I'd used to blame myself for being like this, and it was a temptation I must fight. I'm not talking pedophilia guys, I'm talking a normal healthy sexual relationship to within the legal age. How fear always played a big part in preventing me in all aspects of indulging in humanity.

Ironically, this led me to further dig into Islam, and actually get down to reading the Qur'an. What a piece of intolerant crap I might add. This is no more a masterpiece of literature than me taking my poop out of the toilet is. Kill all the unbelievers! Kill anyone who is not people of the book! Two women is worth one man, and also bringing death to homosexuals (I am straight but believe in gay rights). And the illogical things conceived to defend this illogical book. Extremely intelligent people sadly looking like fools to defend this book.

My logic has had it, with Islam, and religion in general (For you people who have the need to believe, believe as much as you want! Just don't be intolerant like Islam). People following Islam with reforms are only lying to themselves. How can you reform something claimed to be the word of God? Injustice from that period still continues to this day, just look at the marvelous human rights record of Arab countries. It's only tolerated by the West due to that black substance in the ground, once it runs out I hope they don't tolerate it anymore, leading to an end of backwards thinking and living thanks to this insane person called Mohammad.

I myself am called Mohammad after this false prophet, unfortunately I cannot disassociate myself from that name and have to carry it with me to my grave as a scar. How sickening, being named after such a person that goes against everything I believe in.

Ever since I dug deep, in no small thanks to Al Sina and other ex-muslims, I have become even more firm in my position of agnosticism, while seeing Islam for what it is. It saddens my day when I see a seemingly intelligent Western married to an Arab muslim because of what she perceived was a peaceful religion, and she's also wearing a hijab. Also it was so he could marry her so the children can be brought up as muslims against their will. I am only one of my kind able to break free thanks to the internet for my source of information. Such sources of information which are being blocked. There'll always be a way to find it, you just have to be hungry enough to get it.

While my testimony appears to be more of a rant, I apologize for that, it's simply my incensed frustration after following Islam for so long as a sheep, and to finally be free and to say my thoughts how I've always thought them since I was a kid, that doubt now full-blown into skepticism.

Good day to everyone, I hope we all unite as humans someday.
Wootah

Re: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Peace

Post by Wootah »

God bless all apostates.
Ram

Post by Ram »

AMohammad, welcome to the Forum. Glad that you saw the truth. Please make your contribution to the Forum.
वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्।
سارا سنسار ایک پریوار ہے۔
The Whole World is a Family.
-Peace-

Post by -Peace- »

Congratulations on becoming an Apostate. LOL, it kind of sounds funny saying that since I used to be Muslim too. Did you tell your parents yet? I have to continue pretending to be Muslim. :(
JUST KIDDING, STILL AN APOSTATE. MWAHAHAHAHA! HEHEHEHEHEH! :D BACK TO THE RIGHT PATH. ALHAMDULILLAH! :)
enceladus

Post by enceladus »

Welcome, AMohammad! Good on you for leaving Islam!

About your name - did you know that you can change it if you want to? You do this by "deed poll". Here are a couple of websites that may be useful if you want to do so -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deed_poll" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/you ... f_name.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know if you still live with your parents, but if so, it may be a good idea to not tell them that you've left Islam. Pretend for a while, doing just enough to give them the impression that you're still Muslim. If you don't live with them, then that's great - it gives you a lot more freedom.

Bye for now - looking forward to seeing more of your posts.
- enceladus
Ibn Rushd

Post by Ibn Rushd »

Excellent testimony. Do you come from Iran, or your family was Shi'ite outside the country? I myself am contemplating converting to Judaism. I've wanted to for a long time.
There is no Master but the Master, and QT-1 is his Prophet.

Asimov's robot story "Reason"
AMohammad

Post by AMohammad »

@Wootah: If he exists may I be blessed, if not I'll be blessed since I can now fully carry out the golden rule.

@Ram: Thank you for your welcome

@-Peace-: I told my parent (one is religious, one is passive religious) and went nuts trying to get me an Islamic scholar since the 'Qur'an is too advanced for me' to even read, and I need all the tafsir and asbab alnozool etc. And even when I brought the english and arabic translation SIDE-BY-SIDE I was the one taking it out of context of killing unbelievers, and that is only for self-defense. What biased brainwashed people, I dug deep and was frankly sickened by the text I saw. Good thing I'm old enough to come out, I break my fast everyday since I do not believe in this religion. Continue pretending my friend, until you can get out or be by yourself.

@enceladus: I've already told, I'm old enough to make my own decisions, only logic can win me over, not shouting and crying and appeal of emotion. Thanks for linking me to the name change, but since I have plenty of good Arab friends who are believers, it would be very inconvenient to change my name.

@Ibn Rushud: My family comes from Iran, and I'm interested, why convert to specifically Judaism? There are PLENTY of religions out there and even just spiritual beliefs, unless Judaism really fits you I suggest you find one that you are compatible with and vice versa.
Ibn Rushd

Post by Ibn Rushd »

I've wanted to convert pretty much my whole life, and I've studied Judaism a lot. I've got books on philosophy, medieval jewish history, the Talmud on CD-Rom, etc. I just feel it is right for me, and that I am being called to it.

Here is my testimony that I posted several years ago.

AMohammad

Post by AMohammad »

@Ibn Rushud: Glad to see it was short-lived and you came out of it peacefully, I still have ongoing conflict with my family. with me being the logical 'liar' taking things out of 'context' in the Qur'an when it says to only kill unbelievers, it meant exclusively in defense, and no end to disrespecting of my belief. It's all emotional to have me back on the 'right path' again. However I stand up for what I believe in, and the continuing childish act only reaffirms I'm right even more.

Glad to see you find Judaism fits you, but isn't it required to conclude that God is there with no proof? How will that go?
ldnchk

Post by ldnchk »

Congrats!

I did read an article a while back and that after 9/11 a lot of men called Mohammed were changing their name to Michael. That is a future option for you :)
expozIslam

Post by expozIslam »

Wootah wrote:God bless all apostates.
May Allah bless you all apostates. Amen!! :D
“The truth, of course, is that a billion falsehoods told a billion times by a billion people are still false.”
Ibn Rushd

Post by Ibn Rushd »

ldnchk wrote:Congrats!

I did read an article a while back and that after 9/11 a lot of men called Mohammed were changing their name to Michael. That is a future option for you :)
I had never heard of that before.