My First Doubts

Share your story.
Arion

My First Doubts

Post by Arion »

My first doubts about the religion of Islam appeared before I researched its history and before I studied its holy book. My first doubts about Islam were not even provoked by philosophical intelligence or knowledge. It was thanks to my imagination that the credibility of the whole religion was reduced to zero. It did not take me fifteen minutes to uncover the true face of that one thousand four hundred year old religion. I did not need to read one single page about its long manipulated history. I just closed my eyes and imagined a scene in which a nine year old child was married to a fifty two year old man and had to have a sexual intercourse with him or rather be raped by him. It was a very horrible scene to imagine but I had to and I put myself in that child’s place.

[deleted by M]

How could you imagine a sexual intercourse between a child and a fifty-two year old man than like this or worse than this? Just put yourself in her place. To be humane is to feel other people’s ordeals and to feel empathy. How could a man be noble or honest or truthful after doing this? Will his religion be noble and truthful too? Just imagine. That is all it takes: a little imagination and empathy."

Arion

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Please no graphic descriptions of that. Minors are reading here too.

M.

Sten

Re: My First Doubts

Post by Sten »

Um, that's a little bit too graphic for me. I think you've spent too much time thinking about this. Possibly not such a great thing to post on this forum either.
The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.
- Carl Sagan

Wootah

Post by Wootah »

Sten wrote:Um, that's a little bit too graphic for me. I think you've spent too much time thinking about this. Possibly not such a great thing to post on this forum either.
I disagree Sten. I think Muslim's really do have to confront the horror of Mohammad.

I have been on another message board and talking about a different topic, lashing someone 100 times for adultery. Sadly all I could achieve was getting them to concede that they would actually lash someone 100 times for consensual sex between adults. But deep down (and Arion is proof of this) some times the individual that was lost re-emerges and they say you know what I could never follow someone that raped a child and you know what I would never almost murder someone for having sex. And then in that moment they are an apostate. :rock:

enceladus

Post by enceladus »

Arion wrote:My first doubts about the religion of Islam appeared before I researched its history and before I studied its holy book. My first doubts about Islam were not even provoked by philosophical intelligence or knowledge. It was thanks to my imagination that the credibility of the whole religion was reduced to zero. It did not take me fifteen minutes to uncover the true face of that one thousand four hundred year old religion. I did not need to read one single page about its long manipulated history. I just closed my eyes and imagined a scene in which a nine year old child was married to a fifty two year old man and had to have a sexual intercourse with him or rather be raped by him. It was a very horrible scene to imagine but I had to and I put myself in that child’s place.
(snip)
Welcome, Arion!
- enceladus

Eliphaz

Post by Eliphaz »

Welcome Arion, I'm new here too.

I agree that often one needn't read tonnes of philosophical essays about "Why Islam is wrong" before apostasising, it is actually surprisingly easy to disprove Islam for some people, but different people require different evidences before they can take the leap, if at all.

For me also, reading about Ayesha the nine-year-old bride described extensively in Muslim texts was the beginning of the end. I am not sure what you wrote before your post was edited, but needless to say, for someone with my imagination it was difficult not to conjure up horrific images in my head.

When I found probles with Ayesha's marriage I was given a talk to listen to, one of those "dawaganda" talks as you call them here on FF. Here is an excerpt from the opening of the talk entitled ‘Ayesha: Mother of the Believers’, given by Sheikh Anwar Al-Awlaki at a JIMAS conference on 28/12/02:

‘If any Muslim has any grain of doubt in something the Rasullallah (saws) did, that is not a sin - that is apostasy. It is something that takes out of the fold of Islam. If you believe something in your heart that something Rasullallah (saws) did shouldn’t have been done, if you believe something Rasullallah (saws) did could have been done better, this is something that takes out of the fold of Islam. What Rasullallah (saws) did is human perfection.’ :shock:

Mr Preet

Post by Mr Preet »

‘If any Muslim has any grain of doubt in something the Rasullallah (saws) did, that is not a sin - that is apostasy. It is something that takes out of the fold of Islam. If you believe something in your heart that something Rasullallah (saws) did shouldn’t have been done, if you believe something Rasullallah (saws) did could have been done better, this is something that takes out of the fold of Islam. What Rasullallah (saws) did is human perfection.’
RasullRascalallah should not have raided caravans. He should not have imposed 20% booty share wih Allah because a God doesn't need gold, He made them! Rascallah should not have implicated THE Creator in sinful deeds. It would have been more 'acceptable' if he demanded the 20% be given to him, his assignee, his proxy ....

Rascalallah should not have, on the pretext of helping widows, slept with them. Mother Teresa, a non-prophet, did much better.

Most of all he shouldn't have slept with a child!

How can muslims be not apostates with all these buggings!

janedoe

Post by janedoe »

I am a bit late with this article but I will post my comment regardless. Yes it is disgusting to think of that sort of activity going on. Whether or not it was acceptable in that day and age is not really the point. How on earth can an adult human being think it's okay to have any sort of sexual activity with a mere child. Totally disgusting. Very sad, very very sad indeed. :cry: When I think too much about the little girls in Yemen and other places enduring the same, I feel sick to my stomach. I am so glad I saw the light. My baby girl need never grow up thinking that is acceptable.

Eopithecus

Post by Eopithecus »

One doesn't have to analyze the sexual perversions of the prophet to easily come to the conclusion that Islam is a lie. As soon as Allah said "obey Muhammad" in the Koran, it should be obvious. God telling mankind to follow a man thats silly. I mean would a man follow a baby,or a teacher follow a student, or a doctor follow a patient. It doesn't make sense and if it doesn't make sense,it is a lie.