On leaving Islam and such

Share your story.
Porcelain Woman

Re: On leaving Islam and such

Post by Porcelain Woman »

Last edited by Porcelain Woman on Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wootah

Post by Wootah »

Porcelain Woman, as you were a Muslim for a time must you go through a process to become a Jew again?
Porcelain Woman

Post by Porcelain Woman »

Last edited by Porcelain Woman on Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wootah

Post by Wootah »

Porcelain Woman wrote:בס“ד
Wootah wrote:Porcelain Woman, as you were a Muslim for a time must you go through a process to become a Jew again?
Judaism does not believe that a person can "leave Judaism" just as you cannot "leave" being a human being. You are Jewish regardless of what you do with your life. Then if you are a good, pious Jewish person....well that is up to every individual.

Since I am Jewish according to Jewish law, there will be no "conversion process". You cannot convert to something you already are. However, there will be a process where I must stand before a Bet Din (Jewish Court of Law) and renounce Islam. After doing so, I will enter into the mikvah, thus purifying myself spiritually. Im Yirtze Hashem (= If it is the will of God).

Hope this answered your question :)

/PW
Yeah it does.
time to wake up

Post by time to wake up »

Porcelain Woman
So pleased you are leaving Islam and returning to your Jewish faith
Over the years I've come to greatly admire Israel and Israelis, what a dynamic a beautiful people you are, always under threat yet somehow victorious in all you do. A bastion for all that's decent and progressive amidst the darkness of Islamic hate and scheming. Stand proud in your heritage, the achievements of your people stand as testament to the creativity and ingenuity of man in so very many fields of endeavour. I recently saw a video on such and was stunned.
But, how sad I am as a Christian to think that in dark ages past Christianity has also persecuted your people despite Jesus himself being Jewish. I hope and pray this will never happen again.

May God bless you (and your people), turn his face towards you, and keep you safe from all harm.

That is my prayer for you.
Ram

Post by Ram »

time to wake up wrote:Porcelain Woman
So pleased you are leaving Islam and returning to your Jewish faith
Over the years I've come to greatly admire Israel and Israelis, what a dynamic a beautiful people you are, always under threat yet somehow victorious in all you do. A bastion for all that's decent and progressive amidst the darkness of Islamic hate and scheming. Stand proud in your heritage, the achievements of your people stand as testament to the creativity and ingenuity of man in so very many fields of endeavour. I recently saw a video on such and was stunned.
But, how sad I am as a Christian to think that in dark ages past Christianity has also persecuted your people despite Jesus himself being Jewish. I hope and pray this will never happen again.

May God bless you (and your people), turn his face towards you, and keep you safe from all harm.

That is my prayer for you.
I agree with you, time to wake up. I am great admirer of Jews. I am not a Christian. In spite of being persecuted for the last 2000 years by the Catholic church and by Muslims, Jews have survived - they have more than survived, they have thrived. Muslims are 1000 time more numerous than the Jews, but the Jews have contributed to the well being of the world 1000 times more than Muslims. Wherever Muslims tread they wrought destruction, wherever Jews go they bring art and culture and well being. Muslims bring disease but Jews provide the healing.
वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्।
سارا سنسار ایک پریوار ہے۔
The Whole World is a Family.
Ibn Rushd

Post by Ibn Rushd »

That is one of the criteria that I used to determine the truth of a religion: no matter how much persecution and pogroms Jews have gone through, they're still around with a huge impact on the world in regards to culture, science, learning, etc. The same could be said of Zoroastrianism since it is possibly older and has survived as well, but I don't know too much about it besides the 4 or 5 books that I own so I can't make the call if it's the right one without further thought and contemplation.
There is no Master but the Master, and QT-1 is his Prophet.

Asimov's robot story "Reason"
Ram

Post by Ram »

Ibn Rushd wrote:That is one of the criteria that I used to determine the truth of a religion: no matter how much persecution and pogroms Jews have gone through, they're still around with a huge impact on the world in regards to culture, science, learning, etc. The same could be said of Zoroastrianism since it is possibly older and has survived as well, but I don't know too much about it besides the 4 or 5 books that I own so I can't make the call if it's the right one without further thought and contemplation.
You are absolutely right. When barbaric Muslims invaded Iran, they slaughtered hundreds of thousands of Zoroastrians, forcibly converted the hundreds of thousands. Small number of Zoroastrians managed to escape to India. They stopped on the outskirts of Delhi and asked the local Muslim ruler for shelter. The Muslim king agreed to grant them asylum on the condition they convert to Islam. They moved south and came to Gujarat. Gujarat was being ruled by a Hindu. He granted the Zoroastrians (now known as Parsis in India) the asylum on the condition that they live in harmony with Hindus and not try to convert Hindus.

The small community of only 100,000 Parsis have made tremendous contribution to India's economy and culture, to far greater extent than Muslims. Parsis established the steel industry, the textile industry. Tatas and Godrej's were great Parsi families. Today, Tatas are involved many industries in India. Indian Muslims are the most backward and ignorant people.
वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्।
سارا سنسار ایک پریوار ہے۔
The Whole World is a Family.