You Tube Videos discussion

Share your story.
expozIslam

You Tube Videos discussion

Post by expozIslam »

This is the discussion to this resource-centre-thread:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4262" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

=========================================================================================

islame_COEM wrote:Any thoughts or comments on the videos /or how I could improve them?
Will watch these over the weekend and let you know.
“The truth, of course, is that a billion falsehoods told a billion times by a billion people are still false.”

charleslemartel

Re: You Tube Videos

Post by charleslemartel »

Nice videos, Islame. I loved them and the links are on their way to my friends.
Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.

expozIslam

Post by expozIslam »

islame_COEM wrote:Any thoughts or comments on the videos /or how I could improve them?
I am a bit sleepy but let me try to write how I felt. First video is able to hold interest but 2nd and 3rd video have overlapping content and audio is a monotone. It gets boring after a while. If you could play the role of Allah and Mo and reveal the verses :roflmao: , that will be great. Overall, I liked the information that you have put together and appreciate your efforts. Can you also add the text of verses to the video please?
“The truth, of course, is that a billion falsehoods told a billion times by a billion people are still false.”

Saif Rahman

Post by Saif Rahman »

expozIslam wrote:
I am a bit sleepy but let me try to write how I felt. First video is able to hold interest but 2nd and 3rd video have overlapping content and audio is a monotone. It gets boring after a while. If you could play the role of Allah and Mo and reveal the verses :roflmao: , that will be great. Overall, I liked the information that you have put together and appreciate your efforts. Can you also add the text of verses to the video please?
Thanks for your input. I could happily play the role of Mohammed, but can you imagine the uproar given the noise that was made over the Danish cartoons? The problem I have is that I would like to engage Muslims without causing offence. The hadith video was separate to this sequence. I would like new questioners who are looking at the religion in depth, with the few sources that are avaiable to make further headway than I did at the beginning. The audience was not intended to be for ex-Muslims, who probably will know most of these facts already

There are many videos that poke fun at Islam, and focus on a parochial aspect of it. I saw no sense in adding to an already over-subscribed area and wanted to engage an entirely different group of people, and give them a headstart with all the main quotes already farmed & cultivated for them.

So in essense I find I was grappling with engaging interest, yet keeping factual & objective content. Not sure if I managed to do it, but if there are other ways of doing this then please let me know your suggestions.

Regarding the text of the videos and the verses if you go to my channel (in my signature) you will see the link there
HCMA (Humanist & Cultural Muslim Association) 
My Book 
My Videos 
Contact 
Tweet-Tweet

Islamism is a thought-suppressant memeplex dressed in religious garbe.

expozIslam

Post by expozIslam »

islame_COEM wrote:
expozIslam wrote:
Thanks for your input. I could happily play the role of Mohammed, but can you imagine the uproar given the noise that was made over the Danish cartoons?
The problem I have is that I would like to engage Muslims without causing offence.
The moment you criticize islam, muslims will feel offended.
islame_COEM wrote: The hadith video was separate to this sequence. I would like new questioners who are looking at the religion in depth, with the few sources that are available to make further headway than I did at the beginning.
I understand your reasons but I still feel that audio needs a bit of dramatization. How one can do that? I am not sure. I am not good at doing this myself so I cannot even think of how you could.
islame_COEM wrote: The audience was not intended to be for ex-Muslims, who probably will know most of these facts already
Knowing the facts does make a difference. I am not sure if I would have reacted differently if I did not know these details. Most likely, I would have.
islame_COEM wrote: There are many videos that poke fun at Islam, and focus on a parochial aspect of it. I saw no sense in adding to an already over-subscribed area and wanted to engage an entirely different group of people, and give them a headstart with all the main quotes already farmed & cultivated for them.
So in essense I find I was grappling with engaging interest, yet keeping factual & objective content.
I think if you have slightly lesser content variation per video, then the audience might get a better understanding. The listener should not suffer from information overload.
islame_COEM wrote: Not sure if I managed to do it, but if there are other ways of doing this then please let me know your suggestions.
I am artistically challenged :redface: . I am not able to think right now on what you could do to make the videos more engaging but i will keep it in mind and if i get anything, I will let you know.
islame_COEM wrote: Regarding the text of the videos and the verses if you go to my channel (in my signature) you will see the link there
Yep. Had a look at your letter. I like it very much and will be using your letter for the emails that I send out to addresses that I collect.

Saif Rahman

Post by Saif Rahman »

expozIslam wrote:I think if you have slightly lesser content variation per video, then the audience might get a better understanding. The listener should not suffer from information overload.
[/quote][/quote]
Therein lies the problem. My aim is to have a single complete source, with all my problems with Islam in there. My letter is 10,000 words, stuffed with factual information. That will involve making about 10 videos, about 7 minutes long each. I think single-issue dramatic impact videos are well catered for on youtube.

I guess information overload is a problem I will have to live with if I want to achieve my aims and provide a comprehensive youtube source of all my Islamic arguments for Muslims embarking on their journey towards apostacy.
My Book 
My Videos 
Contact 
Tweet-Tweet

expozIslam

Post by expozIslam »

islame_COEM wrote: Therein lies the problem. My aim is to have a single complete source, with all my problems with Islam in there. My letter is 10,000 words, stuffed with factual information. That will involve making about 10 videos, about 7 minutes long each. I think single-issue dramatic impact videos are well catered for on youtube.
I guess information overload is a problem I will have to live with if I want to achieve my aims and provide a comprehensive youtube source of all my Islamic arguments for Muslims embarking on their journey towards apostacy.
I get your point. Appreciate your effort that you have put into this.

Saif Rahman

Post by Saif Rahman »

Thanks for your honest input - you've got me thinking though, and hopefully I can improve the audio on future vids :wink:
My Book 
My Videos 
Contact 
Tweet-Tweet

expozIslam

Post by expozIslam »

islame_COEM wrote:Thanks for your honest input - you've got me thinking though, and hopefully I can improve the audio on future vids :wink:
Cool. A second opinion always helps and that is what constructive criticism is all about.

skynightblaze

Post by skynightblaze »

islame_COEM wrote:Thanks for your honest input - you've got me thinking though, and hopefully I can improve the audio on future vids :wink:
I appreciate your effort . I saw your 1st video.The quality and content is excellent and I have no issues with it. I think instead of mixing various topics together wouldnt it be better if you stick to 1 topic per video and make a complete analysis of the subject? The idea is to create a strong impact on the viewer and reinforce the idea and have a quality video that covers everything on a topic.It will take more time but eventually you will have a good collection and it would be easy for all of us to just link to your video for a particular topic for e.g you can have topics like slavery in islam ,status of women on islam etc each having a seperate video.

Also one more thing, I dont know whether it would be a good idea mentioning some good points about islam too. Like in case of treatment of slaves there are some good points (eventhough slavery itself is bad) . You can mention them along with bad points . The viewers will consider you as a unbiased and a balanced person. This will be something different from usual videos which are either islamic or anti islamic . More people would be inclined to view your videos if they find you as a balanced person. There is very little good in islam . Most of it is bad so the good things that you mention would not nullify the bad ones. You can specificly say that we are against islam because of these bad things eventhough it has some good things.

Again these are just my suggestions and thoughts.I and others would be more than happy to help you in your task inspite of some heated exchanges we had at COEM .I think both of us are mature enough to put that thing behind our back and work together towards the common goal of defeating islam.
Look around yourself and you'll find people with virtues are never required to demand respect since they automatically earn it. It is only those that are devoid of any virtues need to threaten and bully to gain respect. Needless to say that quran cannot be from God.

Saif Rahman

Post by Saif Rahman »

The common goal is the same, we just have different ways of going about it. Both you suggestions are excellent ones. Bit late to do it now, but if somebody else want to split my videos into separate topics, just let me know and please feel free to do so . Also positive points re. Islam would make it seem less biased also, just not many of them :wink: , and would have taken more time and rewriting my original letter.

P.S If anyone wants to do some videos and is a newbie (like I was) please feel free to contact me for advice on COEM forum or check the thread youtube youtube advice thread I started there ..

In any case here's the next vid - hope you guys feel its better than the others..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4cWIt-J7Cc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My Book 
My Videos 
Contact 
Tweet-Tweet

skynightblaze

Post by skynightblaze »

Yeah we work for the same goal but with different ways. Anyway writing balanced stuff is a part of marketing strategy :D .Newbies generally dont accept negative views on any religion quickly.That is the case atleast in India here.The typical baloney arguments come from them are like

1) People are misguided ones and not the religions.
2) How do you know what you read (copy of quran) is authentic or not .
3) Anyone can write anything on internet (and somehow according to them people cant write correct stuff on internet that is critical on any religion lol.).
4) You interpret it out of context.

The surprising thing is they dont even know A of any religion or islam specifically and yet they have the full confidence in themselves that they are making valid points.HATS OFF TO THEIR CONFIDENCE! Even Bill Gates wont be having so much of confidence in himself about his well planned decisions.!The possibility that religions themselves could be corrupt simple doesnt occur to them. When asked why you think religion cant be the major culprit they will say its common sense. :lol: .Common sense is something that is self evident but they cant explain how its common sense.This is what my roomie asked me.

The 4th argument is hilarious.These guys whom I interacted recently havent read a single line from any scripture and yet they have the audacity to say that you didnt understand the context :lol: This is amazing man! How does one know about any context when one hasnt even read the scriptures?
Look around yourself and you'll find people with virtues are never required to demand respect since they automatically earn it. It is only those that are devoid of any virtues need to threaten and bully to gain respect. Needless to say that quran cannot be from God.

ixolite

Post by ixolite »

I don't want to be a spoilsport, but I have to remind you that this is not a discussion forum:
Resource Centre
This section of the forum is NOT for discussions. It is a database of documents, websites, books and other resources, to provide skeptics with the materials to compose their articles refuting Islam. Please place your links in the appropriate thread. If your material needs a new thread, please advise me first. We do not want to clutter this DB with too many threads that may be similar. Do not copy and paste. Give full references and make sure the source is reliable. If you want to rebut any of the documents posted here, use another thread in other sections of the forum.
We have a special forum for videos where you can discuss as much as you want:
viewforum.php?f=25" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or the testimonies forum, which would also apply here:
viewforum.php?f=18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you want I can move this thread.

In this forum you can link to discussion threads that have valuable information in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3716" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Saif Rahman

Post by Saif Rahman »

Sorry, not sure how it works here. Could you move all the posts to a different thread, and keep the videos in one place i.e. in the correct resources area..
My Book 
My Videos 
Contact 
Tweet-Tweet

Saif Rahman

Re: You Tube Videos discussion

Post by Saif Rahman »

Yes, please do! - My name is Saif Rahman and please also link to my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/ExMuslimUK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I must admit the original letter has been revised with new things I have learned since & adapted to make it more YouTube friendly, but thanks all the same.

If you could provide the link when its complete,then that would be great also so I can encourage members on COEM forum to do the same :victory:
Last edited by Saif Rahman on Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Book 
My Videos 
Contact 
Tweet-Tweet

Saif Rahman

Post by Saif Rahman »

Ixolite - if you like you could move this entire thread to the lounge or preferably testimonies of ex-muslims section. The feedback is valuable (such as whale's recent one which should stop me spluttering my letter S's!) and would prefer to keep the videos on the same thread.

Here's then next one in the series - apologies for those who have heard these arguments b4, I am trying to focus my efforts on the internal conflicts I had before leaving the religion, and hope that they might strike a chord with others on the same journey..

My Book 
My Videos 
Contact 
Tweet-Tweet

Saif Rahman

Post by Saif Rahman »

the next one..

My Book 
My Videos 
Contact 
Tweet-Tweet

Saif Rahman

Post by Saif Rahman »

My latest vid on the 'scientific miracles of the quran', just videos on the 'philosopy of belief' section in my blog left.. :rock:
My Book 
My Videos 
Contact 
Tweet-Tweet

Saif Rahman

Post by Saif Rahman »

Any comments/feedback on my last 3 videos?

Ive signed onto facebook recently, so please feel free to add me, particularly if you're an apostate..

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000355094588" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My Book 
My Videos 
Contact 
Tweet-Tweet

Saif Rahman

Post by Saif Rahman »

2nd to last video in this series just posted on youtube

My Book 
My Videos 
Contact 
Tweet-Tweet