One Question

Share your story.
iffo
Posts: 4696
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:29 am
Contact:

Re: One Question

Post by iffo »

Chiclets
There is nothing to talk about iffo, atheism simply means not believing in god and there is no book that atheists follow, so what do you want me to defend.

There isn’t a force more powerful than a death threat, which BTW is something all the religious books talk about, all you funnywits theists have is, you will be punished in the after-life, **** you and your theistic beliefs, I as an atheist believe that this is my only chance at life and I am going to enjoy it and offer the same to you and everyone else on this planet.

**** you, **** islam, **** allah and **** all other theistic beliefs.
What kind a lanugage is this, calling names?? , Are you a frustrated retard. You can not defend you stupid idealogy that every got created on its own, your body, its systems and everything else, and now you getting frustrated/desperate.

yeezevee
Posts: 6547
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:17 pm

Re: One Question

Post by yeezevee »

Chiclets runs wild with
There is nothing to talk about iffo, atheism simply means not believing in god and there is no book that atheists follow, so what do you want me to defend.

There isn’t a force more powerful than a death threat, which BTW is something all the religious books talk about, all you funnywits theists have is, "you will be punished in the after-life, **** you and your theistic beliefs, I as an atheist believe that this is my only chance at life and I am going to enjoy it and offer the same to you and everyone else on this planet."

**** you, **** islam, **** allah and **** all other theistic beliefs.
and It seems that iffo goes to "got or goat" .. not sure what it is, he says
What kind a lanugage is this, calling names?? , Are you a frustrated retard. You can not defend you stupid idealogy that every got created on its own, your body, its systems and everything else, and now you getting frustrated/desperate.
And I was supposed to answer iffo's post at viewtopic.php?p=79185#p79185" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .., Nothing seems to be working properly in these modern times, Chips are getting heated .. they need Peltier module and a heat sink. So what is happening dear iff?? Where are you going?? Got or Goat?? any way, you say
Like I said before say things that means anything or proves anything.
What do you mean by what "I SAY MEANS NOTHING?? "., Let me tell you my friend., What I say to you means "MORE THAN ANYTHING THAT YOU COULD EVER LEARN FROM ANY RELIGIOUS SCRIPTURES" .. lol... lol.., Learn to use the good throw the sh!t in to trash .... lol..
You can not even defend your ideology.
What the hell are you talking dear iffo? I can defend every word I say to you, Move over.. get over Muhammad's Islam, Get a new skin.. new brain. New Life..
Otherwise there are lot of people out there who can talk hanky panky like you doing to waste others time.
Hanky.. Panky with you.. Huh! True I am wasting time, enormous time with people like you., But I think it is worth, it has its value. And I can assure you ..NO HANKY/PANKY..
Study the way your heart works or brain works or eyes work and then and ask yourself if all these systems develped on their own. .
Dumbo I do., I probably ground more brains than any person that you know in your life. I am certain I cut more Hearts .. some time 4 in a week... Lot of work in cold rooms.

True we don't understand everything that is out there in nature ., but I can assure you I will teach you and other funnywits( :lol: :lol: that is good word)like you much more than what you get out of any religious book with reference to heart, brain or eyes dear iffo..
I can give you list of milion things.
what? what the hell is that? no common sense there , what nonsense are you talking?? , I can give you billion.. I can give you gillion things thatyou don't know and I don't know.
No wonder God get upset at Kafirs who do not give him credit for anything
well My God will never get upset with me., and I don't think even your God will get upset with me., May be it is you , funnywits like you and your dumb brain...lol..

with best wishes
yeezevee
Last edited by yeezevee on Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Preet
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:17 pm

Re: One Question

Post by Mr Preet »

iffo wrote:Another exhibition how weak you are. You can not defend Atheism all you good at turning the topic back to Islam. Why not we talk for a change about your retarted ideaolgy that you can not defend. Your retarted ideology that everything came into existence on its own. That they way your heart works or your digestive system works , way your kidney functions all got developed on its own
iffo, it is you who do not even try to understand. The word is "evolve" and not "develop". The theory of evolution do makes sense but you got it all messed up judging from your suggestion that kidneys develop on their on. That's not how they (evolutionists) say it happened. Google the word and find out. In any case their theories/postulates may change as more and more evidence are collected and more advance tools are developed. On the contrary it is the religionists who do not have a shred of evidence/facts for their contentions. That's why they call it faith, face it!

Melograne
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: One Question

Post by Melograne »

joseph wrote:.

What exactly made you leave the religion of truth

-----


Because they believe what Muhammad told them!
Muhammad told them that islam is a false religion and they believe it!
If you are a good Muslim, you should also believe what Muhammad told you Joseph!

Here:
Verse 4:82: if there are discrepancies, Islam is a false religion then!
verse 2:256: no compulsion in religion.
verse 4:89 Muslims shall slay apostates!

Also here:
verse 16:101: We substitute a verse by another to take a fool of people (Muslims and non Muslims) by taking advantage of them using their naivety and their ignorance!

You see Joseph, Muhammad (the Satan's disciple) has been very clever!
God asked him: Why did you took a fool of people like that?
And Muhammad has answered to God: I didn't took a fool of them, I told them that Islam was a false religion but they didn't believe me!
I also told them that I used a trick, but if they are idiots it is not my fault!

And by answering like that to God, Muhammad thought that he will have no problem with God!
And in that way, Muhammad has tried to take also a fool of God!
But remember no one can take a fool of God! Not even Muhammad!
In faith with God, God has given to me Proof of existence, I must say that I am informed about the trick but I don't know how God has handled that trick!
I am not authorized to tell lies and things I don't know!
But what I can say is that no one can take a fool of God like that!
And the justice of God is at the level of God's greatness!
And no one man, prophet and/or not prophet, has never known the justice of God until the day of judgment!
Last edited by Melograne on Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
kenmirzz
Posts: 388
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:08 am

Re: One Question

Post by kenmirzz »

I gave up, again back to Islam, I never thought Atheists are so defenseless. Suppose for one sec I am not Muslim, not interested in Islam, now come talk about Atheism crap
Hello Mr Iffo. The fallacy of False Dilemma is quite abound in your posts. You thought that atheism is crap ,absurd and hence, Islam is true. Are that your sole possible alternatives? Since I believe that complexities of life necessitates a Design,it's between us and atheists. Nevertheless, that Designer could not be your Abrahamic god. Is it so hard for you to understand?

Now, take your wudhu'(ablution) and sit on the direction of Kibla, open the page of the Quran, read verse by verse. In nearly every page, you can detect as if some kind of enmity is established between your Abrahamic god with us, mortal human. Indirectly it implied we were born with an unfortunate fate of unbelieving before your Abrahamic god declared us as foes and betrayer. Is this the frail test in this world kind of argument you advocate?

If your Abrahamic god is omnipotent, why should he announced a war between him and humanity(the unbelieving portion)? Worse than this, as evidenced in Suraa At-Tahrim, he was interested in private conjugal affair of a human who believe himself to be a messenger. Moreover, your Abrahamic god also mentioned the name "Zaid" in one verse as if this event was so important, so significant, to be included in that unholy book of so called guidance to humanity.

So, when you believe in this Abrahamic god, evolution automatically become false? You are comparing chalk and cheese here, Mr Iffo. Yes, some of us believe in a Designer ( a Deist like me), some of us(atheists) don't. But what's this has anything to do with the truthfulness of Islam? When you cannot defend Islam rationally, you resort to attack other ideology? If Nazism is cruel, does that mean that the act of waging war against entire Jewish, Christian and Pagan population in Arabia become mercy of some sort? You are holding to any weak string to uphold your belief, though you cannot verify it properly. Similarly, all Muslims attack the "immoralities" of the Western secularized society in order to justify Islamic injunction. It's preposterous allegation as those same immoralities were present in the past Islamic society too. For example, the past Islamic societies condoned the act of having 4 wives plus unlimited "Right Hand Possessed" as normal due to numerous jihad were declared against Unbelievers. This was a version of Free Sex in those days. Nowadays, it's a crime to utilize female captive of wars sexually.

Why don't we talk about the failure of Islam in establishing a peaceful society in the past and present? For example, the deceitfulness and hypocrisy of most of your caliphs in feigning piety or piousness in public, accumulating harem in private.

On the other hand, all these blunders do not cause the evolution to be true. It's merely after a well researched experiment was and still is conducted scientifically that this theory is furnished to explain certain phenomenon of nature.



Humanity is but one family. :)

iffo
Posts: 4696
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:29 am
Contact:

Re: One Question

Post by iffo »

I read your posts, you got big fat "F" in defending your stupid ideaology. Other than playing with words you guys are good at nothing and have nothing to say. These complex systems don't evolve on their own. You have done a miserable job, you have no evidence and have proved nothing.

Anyone who believe in God can chew and spit you guys out with no problem.'

yeezevee
Posts: 6547
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:17 pm

Re: One Question

Post by yeezevee »

Anyone who believe in God can chew and spit you guys out with no problem.'
No one is stopping any one who believes in God dear iffo., It is NOT the GOD that smart people are after, it is the "UNDERSTANDING OF GOD" or Godly work to educate Muslim baboons and other baboons who think that evolution of life happened to be the same way that is described in the stories of religious books. And you are one of them., if not one of them, you act like one of them dear Iffo..

with best
yeezevee
Last edited by yeezevee on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
kenmirzz
Posts: 388
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:08 am

Re: One Question

Post by kenmirzz »

Hello Mr Iffo.
I read your posts, you got big fat "F" in defending your stupid ideaology. Other than playing with words you guys are good at nothing and have nothing to say. These complex systems don't evolve on their own. You have done a miserable job, you have no evidence and have proved nothing.

Anyone who believe in God can chew and spit you guys out with no problem.'
Getting angry now, my human friend? It's because you cannot defend Islam by attacking other ideologies. The truth is that your concept of Abrahamic god is fundamentally flawed in every angle, whichever side you look at it. Claiming to be omnipotent but initiated a kind of hatred against his own creatures then eventually throw all of them into hell fire. Enough with this foolishness, enough with this bigotry, enough with this falsehood Mr Iffo. Don't even think of comparing your defective Abrahamic god with my belief of Intelligent Design. Your god failed by any standard.

Even when I was a Muslim, I read a lot about the skirmishes and clashes among the earliest Muslims. Heads were cut off like it was nothing.

No wonder one of the greatest "Islamic" scientists, namely Muhammad Ibn Zakaria Ar-Razi criticized Islam vehemently because he witnessed the endless bloodshed perpetrated by Islamic injunctions which derived their quintessence from the main sources, Quran and Sunnah.

We are fortunate because Islamic expansion halted and become stagnant so that the new age of enlightenment commenced. Otherwise, I don't think that I can board a plane to travel. What calamity will befall us if your ideology is to take over the whole world.


Humanity is but one family. :)

iffo
Posts: 4696
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:29 am
Contact:

Re: One Question

Post by iffo »

kenmirzz
Getting angry now, my human friend? It's because you cannot defend Islam by attacking other ideologies. The truth is that your concept of Abrahamic god is fundamentally flawed in every angle, whichever side you look at it. Claiming to be omnipotent but initiated a kind of hatred against his own creatures then eventually throw all of them into hell fire. Enough with this foolishness, enough with this bigotry, enough with this falsehood Mr Iffo. Don't even think of comparing your defective Abrahamic god with my belief of Intelligent Design. Your god failed by any standard.

Even when I was a Muslim, I read a lot about the skirmishes and clashes among the earliest Muslims. Heads were cut off like it was nothing.

No wonder one of the greatest "Islamic" scientists, namely Muhammad Ibn Zakaria Ar-Razi criticized Islam vehemently because he witnessed the endless bloodshed perpetrated by Islamic injunctions which derived their quintessence from the main sources, Quran and Sunnah.

We are fortunate because Islamic expansion halted and become stagnant so that the new age of enlightenment commenced. Otherwise, I don't think that I can board a plane to travel. What calamity will befall us if your ideology is to take over the whole world.


Humanity is but one family.
:*) :*) :*) back to islam again, I told you supppose you are not talking to muslim then how will you defend. . I completely exposed you guys you basically proved you can not defend your stupid Atheism. ....did not prove anything.... enough waste of time ...good bye

yeezevee
Posts: 6547
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:17 pm

Re: One Question

Post by yeezevee »

iffo
you are not talking to muslim then how will you defend. . I completely exposed you guys you basically proved you can not defend your stupid Atheism. ....did not prove anything.... enough waste of time ...good bye
no one is forcing any one to read or write or bend 5 times a day or pray five times a day towards ffi dear iffo. But like many (Muslims & Non-Muslims)you have a problem of understanding the words like "Atheism" & Atheists" .. Allah.. God.. dear iffo. Austin Cline does a wonderful job of educating folks like you on that subject.. please read his blogs

http://atheism.about.com/od/definitiono ... ortant.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://atheism.about.com/od/definitiono ... ralism.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://atheism.about.com/od/atheismathe ... Theism.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

there are links on the bottom of his blogs..read them also.. Incidentally, there are different colors & shades of Atheism.. Although they do reject what is written in religious books on the definition of god, but they don't reject natural principles that drive physical/chemical/biological laws that are out there..

yeezevee

Melograne
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: One Question

Post by Melograne »

iffo wrote:
:*) :*) :*) back to islam again, I told you supppose you are not talking to muslim then how will you defend. . I completely exposed you guys you basically proved you can not defend your stupid Atheism. ....did not prove anything.... enough waste of time ...good bye
Came on iffo, try to be a little serious!
I am an Irreligious Theist and I have nothing against Atheists! I have nothing against anyone, even Muslims! The only person I contest is Muhammad (the "prophet"). I really not understand how people can believe in the good faith of a person like that! Well it would no matter for me if people believe in in Muhammad, but the fact is that the real followers are doing a lot of bad things all over the world! They are killing even Muslim women and children in markets! this is absolutely crazy! I am not talking about Muslims who are listening a part of Islam and prefer to omit the other part in order to not get involved in crazy things like that, and those who want to integrate themselves with other people.
For my opinion, no religious book shall write: "not take this one or this one as a friend" this is also crazy! If you consider that a person lives in morality and he is a good person, honest and who mind his own business, why this person cannot be your friend?
You see iffo even if I believe strongly in God, my wife is an Atheist! She is an Atheist not because she don't want to believe in God, she just cannot have the faith! But where is the problem on that?
Now, if God didn't wanted Atheist, do you think He is so weak to not exterminate all of them? But why God do not make a silly thing like that? Do you really think God need Muhammad to actuate what really please to Him?
Just think a little bit! God has created all kind of fruits, plants and animals, why God want a so vast diversity?
Just because He like it like that!
Now why Islam is trying to interferes in God's affairs? Why Muhammad is stepping so arrogantly over the God's affairs?
Please iffo, leave Atheists alone, it is their own affairs and the God's affairs and no one else affairs!
Try to find the good persons whatever they believe or not! and I can guarantee you that God will be very pleased of that!
Not be arrogant by attacking others with words like "crap" and other words like that! I am telling you my friend, this is not the way to enter in the God's consideration.
Of course if in front of you you have an aggressive and arrogant person, it is normal that you not leave him the field to take over you! but if you judge that the person in front of you is a good and reasonable person, why do you feel to attack him like that? Only the devil followers are doing so, and I hope you don't want to be one of them!
Friendly yours!

User avatar
skynightblaze
Posts: 3920
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:51 am

Re: One Question

Post by skynightblaze »

iffo wrote:
skynighteblaze
Iffo thats the most stupid argument ever used to prove existence of GOD.IF intelligent life cannot be created on its own then how could GOD come into existence on his own? If you insist that everything needs a creator then you must also accept that GOD too needs a creator. If you say he doesnt need a creator then you are a hypocrite as you display inconsistent use of your logic .
This is just one hopeless discussion. Who gave you that idea that you can put GOD and his creation in the same boat????? GOD does not need anyone to create him. Human mind can not understand GOD, we know only that he has told us about him. You need to take religion 101.
Why should GOD be an exception to this logic of yours? You are a hypocrite if you apply this logic inconsistently without telling us why. If you claim that GOD is exception to this logic you need to prove it . The ball is in your court. If you can prove this then you win or else you fail miserably.Quran told us is not the answer that you can give because quran itself is under trial.
Look around yourself and you'll find people with virtues are never required to demand respect since they automatically earn it. It is only those that are devoid of any virtues need to threaten and bully to gain respect. Needless to say that quran cannot be from God.

iffo
Posts: 4696
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:29 am
Contact:

Re: One Question

Post by iffo »

First you need to decide whether you are bold enough to defend your idealogy or keep bringing muslims/Islam and trying to hide behind it. Anyway I am not going to talk much, I repeat what I say , "there is no evidence that complex systems can evolve on their own". Just keep using the word evolution is not enough.

PLz Read this
http://www.epm.org/artman2/publish/crea ... ised.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
skynightblaze
Posts: 3920
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:51 am

Re: One Question

Post by skynightblaze »

iffo wrote:First you need to decide whether you are bold enough to defend your idealogy or keep bringing muslims/Islam and trying to hide behind it. Anyway I am not going to talk much, I repeat what I say , "there is no evidence that complex systems can evolve on their own". Just keep using the word evolution is not enough.

PLz Read this
http://www.epm.org/artman2/publish/crea ... ised.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes I am bold enough to defend my views. I have already done so. I have shown you that your logic is faulty and inconsistent. Merely repeating something without proofs cannot constitute an argument. All you did was say that GOD and creation cannot go hand in hand. SO you want to tell us that GOD is an exception to this wonderful logic of yours. All I am asking you is to prove this. Think this way. Who is more complex? GOD Or universe? I know you believe GOD is more complex. If a less complex system like universe requires a creator then how can GOD who is much more complex than universe exist without a creator?

The bottom line is your logic is flawed. This argument cannot be used to prove existence of GOD.
Look around yourself and you'll find people with virtues are never required to demand respect since they automatically earn it. It is only those that are devoid of any virtues need to threaten and bully to gain respect. Needless to say that quran cannot be from God.

iffo
Posts: 4696
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:29 am
Contact:

Re: One Question

Post by iffo »

skynightblaze
Yes I am bold enough to defend my views. I have already done so. I have shown you that your logic is faulty and inconsistent. Merely repeating something without proofs cannot constitute an argument. All you did was say that GOD and creation cannot go hand in hand. SO you want to tell us that GOD is an exception to this wonderful logic of yours. All I am asking you is to prove this. Think this way. Who is more complex? GOD Or universe? I know you believe GOD is more complex. If a less complex system like universe requires a creator then how can GOD who is much more complex than universe exist without a creator?

The bottom line is your logic is flawed. This argument cannot be used to prove existence of GOD.
Stuff you saying is most absurd I have come acoss. This is like hitting head against wall. Let me repeat, Human concepts/logic/standards don't apply on God. He is beyond that,. That's why he is God and rest his creation. Why is this so difficult for you to comprehend. Nobody had and nobody probably will be able to fully understand GOd. Who gave me all the power, why he so powerfull, how when he say 'happen' it happens ... these things are beyond human understanding.

yeezevee
Posts: 6547
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:17 pm

Re: One Question

Post by yeezevee »

iffo
Stuff you saying is most absurd I have come acoss. This is like hitting head against wall. Let me repeat, Human concepts/logic/standards don't apply on God. He is beyond that,. That's why he is God and rest his creation. Why is this so difficult for you to comprehend. Nobody had and nobody probably will be able to fully understand GOd. Who gave me all the power, why he so powerfull, how when he say 'happen' it happens ... these things are beyond human understanding.
You are Not trying to understand the silly religious books written by men., and you are running around the forum calling "God" as "he" using loose words such as .. "his creation"..."he so powerful.." he..he..he.. the dick head...etc., Another word for a fellow who uses such words is "BLIND BELIEVER" dear iffo., the least start thinking about this God as conceptual principle/s that may define this creation of universe and everything in it., Such as life..human life..

yeezevee

crazymonkie_
Posts: 1899
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:01 am

Re: One Question

Post by crazymonkie_ »

Ooh, ooh, me, me!!!!!

This link is a collection of standard assertions by anti-evolution folks, coupled with the regular compilation of loaded terms and misinformation, as well as out-of-date or misquoted information.

Let's go through this one step at a time, shall we:
1. The complexity of living systems could never evolve by chance—they had to be designed and created.
Bald assertion and fuzzy use of the term "complexity." And the word "never" thrown in as if somehow human beings could look forward and backward in time, seeing all the points in time, and know for certain that evolution NEVER could happen.

I can't even believe this was #1. All right, let's keep going.
2. The high information content of DNA could only have come from intelligence.
Bald assertion, similar to #1, but with a slightly higher probability of being true, if only because scientists can see what makes up DNA. Though here, we're already starting to tilt toward questions of abiogenesis and away from evolution. Evolution cannot deal with the origins of DNA because DNA does not reproduce like living things do. It's a part of that reproduction, but not the only factor.

However, the high information content of DNA can be explained without the use of intervening intelligence. In fact, currently there are experiments going on with precursors to RNA- which itself is sort of a attenuated DNA, made up of the same ACGT base pairs of proteins- going on in labs. The scientists basically got this glop that they think a lot of the Earth was covered with in its early history, dropped in some free proteins, and watched. In a short period of time, they'd begun combining (though not reproducing in the standard mitosis/meiosis sense) and even had some of the earlier designs eliminated.

What does this say? That given TIME, the most important factor in evolution (because Carbon compounds are going to combine at some point- I've even heard Carbon, and Oxygen, another important element for our sort of life, described as a 'slut molecule') DNA CAN evolve. That science does not yet know how it has come into being does not eliminate the possibility of a non-intelligent coming into being.
3. No mutation that increases genetic information has ever been discovered.

That's very misleading. First, genetic information increasing is not necessarily a good thing. More recent forms of life actually tend to have far less chromosomes than earlier forms: The lowly amoeba has hundreds of more chromosomes than any mammal; plants have somewhere in the neighborhood of 30-60, as I recall.

This is assuming that more DNA= more information and hence more complexity. This is not so, and in fact, it's very possible that fewer chromosomes would be a positive thing. There would be fewer things to go wrong, sort of like how the less systems or organs an animal has, the fewer things go wrong with it. Bacteria don't get cancer.

This is at least a step in the right direction from a variant I've heard: That there's never been a positive mutation documented. Which is bull- People with European ancestry, for instance, have a slightly higher resistance to diseases because of the instant and dramatic pressures on genetic populations in the wake of the Black Death.
4. Evolution flies directly in the face of entropy, the second law of thermodynamics.
Yup, this one's the oldie ('but goodie', for the anti-evolution crowd.) There is a slight problem: The Earth is not a closed system. Which this argument fails to address. The full law of 2nd Thermodynamics says that entropy always increases in a closed system. For the Earth to be a closed system, it would not be receiving massive doses of energy from the Sun. Clearly it is, hence this argument is bunk. QED.
5. There is a total lack of undisputed examples (fossilized or living) of the millions of transitional forms ("missing links") required for evolution to be true.

Whoops. This one's so out-of-date that it was debunked by Huxley's time.

And it's becoming far less tenable an excuse. There have been recent discoveries with whale evolution; the FULL MITOCHONDRIAL DNA OF NEANDERTHALS has been sequenced, showing once and for all that they are not modern humans; horse evolution is so well-documented that it's been a case study in transitional fossils for about 100 years.... and so on.

Staggering, the ignorance. Staggering.
6. Pictures of ape-to-human "missing links" are extremely subjective and based on evolutionists' already-formed assumptions. Often they are simply contrived.

Pictures? Sure. But not reconstructions of the faces based on the skulls, and not the bones themselves.

Yes, there was the debacle of Nebraska Man, and Peking Man was one of those unfortunate moments where science and cultural pride collided head-on, but beyond that? The evolutionary family tree of modern humans is so full of examples of transitions that evolutionary scientists spend most of their time not trying to figure out if it happened, but which extinct 'relative' is on our direct line of ancestry and which is an offshoot.

And there's the aforementioned full mitochondrial DNA sequence of the Neanderthal.
7. The dating methods that evolutionists rely upon to assign millions and billions of years to rocks are very inconsistent and based on unproven (and questionable) assumptions.

Incorrect on a number of accounts.

First, these methods were designed and used by men who truly wanted to KNOW what the world was about. Almost all of them believed in a god of some sort, but they were faced with incontrovertible evidence of the age of the Earth being far greater than what their religion told them.

They began with tree bore age dating. From there, much later, they figured out that carbon could be dated. After that, once radiation was discovered, a whole host of elements could be tested, depending on the age of the rock (based not on assumptions, but on the layers of the rocks being studied... it takes a very expert geologist to know what they're looking at.)

I haven't done a terribly good job of explaining this, because it's not something I've looked into too much, but here's a great introductory article: http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/dating.html

Second, the dating methods are not inconsistent- there are different methods for different approximate ages of rocks, and they give the same date within a margin of error- save certain special cases (like filter feeders: clams, snails, and so forth).

Third, in the text of #7 (not listed here) the author AGAIN brings in the 'factor of a billion' alleged error in laboratories of radioactive decay.

If this were true, nuclear chemists would be stumbling over themselves to figure out how to get rid of the half-life of radioactive waste, and we'd have nothing but nuclear power. So- lie.
8. Uses continue to be found for supposedly "leftover" body structures.

And.....?

All this means is that things considered vestigial are no longer. It does nothing to disprove evolution or prove special creation.
9. Evolution is said to have begun by spontaneous generation—a concept ridiculed by biology.

Evolution began when the first thing that reproduced itself began to change based on its environment. This is muddying the waters by dipping into hypotheses about abiogenesis, which is NOT what the theory of evolution deals with. So, red herring. Interesting red herring, and again, using loaded terms to make the case seem stronger, but red herring nonetheless.
10. The scientific method can only test existing data—it cannot draw conclusions about origins.

No, it can actually draw conclusions about origins, because the conclusions about origins are based on... wait for it... DATA!!!

Amazing- we can actually TEST hypotheses based on the data at hand. We can model how things may have been. Though this may not get past hypothetical, it is still possible to draw conclusions about origins.

However, again, this particular claim does not deal with evolution. It doesn't even necessarily deal with abiogenesis. Instead, it's cosmology. That's the realm of astronomers and physicists, not biologists.

The person writing #10 throws in the expected "micro-evolution" fallacy, not realizing that the categories we use to differentiate living things from one another are essentially arbitrary and only express the distance humans desire from other living things. The difference between various levels of separation are not so clear, especially when it comes to the more closely related living things. So it's entirely false to even bring up "micro-" evolution, as there is no such thing. There is no barrier between 'kinds' becoming other 'kinds.' All that is needed are various environmental pressures and time. Both of which have been in abundance during Earth's long history.

You wanted a defense of evolution, you got it, iffo.

User avatar
Sten
Posts: 3205
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:19 am

Re: One Question

Post by Sten »

iffo wrote:Stuff you saying is most absurd I have come acoss. This is like hitting head against wall. Let me repeat, Human concepts/logic/standards don't apply on God. He is beyond that,. That's why he is God and rest his creation. Why is this so difficult for you to comprehend. Nobody had and nobody probably will be able to fully understand GOd. Who gave me all the power, why he so powerfull, how when he say 'happen' it happens ... these things are beyond human understanding.
Special pleading fallacy.

Basically Iffo is saying "Just shut up and believe without question". :lol:
The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.
- Carl Sagan

User avatar
skynightblaze
Posts: 3920
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:51 am

Re: One Question

Post by skynightblaze »

iffo wrote:
skynightblaze
Yes I am bold enough to defend my views. I have already done so. I have shown you that your logic is faulty and inconsistent. Merely repeating something without proofs cannot constitute an argument. All you did was say that GOD and creation cannot go hand in hand. SO you want to tell us that GOD is an exception to this wonderful logic of yours. All I am asking you is to prove this. Think this way. Who is more complex? GOD Or universe? I know you believe GOD is more complex. If a less complex system like universe requires a creator then how can GOD who is much more complex than universe exist without a creator?

The bottom line is your logic is flawed. This argument cannot be used to prove existence of GOD.
Stuff you saying is most absurd I have come acoss. This is like hitting head against wall. Let me repeat, Human concepts/logic/standards don't apply on God. He is beyond that,. That's why he is God and rest his creation. Why is this so difficult for you to comprehend. Nobody had and nobody probably will be able to fully understand GOd. Who gave me all the power, why he so powerfull, how when he say 'happen' it happens ... these things are beyond human understanding.

I am an atheist and I dont even in believe in GOD so forget about using arguments like he is beyond our understanding.Why should anyone believe in nature of GOD(like beyond our understanding) when he doesnt even believe in GOD? YOu are yet to prove existence of GOD and even before proving that you are using argument about his nature? GOd exists and is beyond understanding is your belief and its not universally accepted or proven fact which you can use in a debate . The question about nature of entity comes only after you prove first that it exists. You therefore cannot use the argument of nature unless you prove first that GOD exists . Once you prove that GOD exists you again have to prove that human logic cannot apply to him otherwise its just your opinion or belief or an assumption.
Look around yourself and you'll find people with virtues are never required to demand respect since they automatically earn it. It is only those that are devoid of any virtues need to threaten and bully to gain respect. Needless to say that quran cannot be from God.

iffo
Posts: 4696
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:29 am
Contact:

Re: One Question

Post by iffo »

skynightblaze
I am an atheist and I dont even in believe in GOD so forget about using arguments like he is beyond our understanding.Why should anyone believe in nature of GOD(like beyond our understanding) when he doesnt even believe in GOD? YOu are yet to prove existence of GOD and even before proving that you are using argument about his nature? GOd exists and is beyond understanding is your belief and its not universally accepted or proven fact which you can use in a debate . The question about nature of entity comes only after you prove first that it exists. You therefore cannot use the argument of nature unless you prove first that GOD exists . Once you prove that GOD exists you again have to prove that human logic cannot apply to him otherwise its just your opinion or belief or an assumption
I don't have to prove existance of God. You look around you will see prove every where. All the
things and systems do not evolve on their own. You look at yourself, your senses, your body(This magnificent machinery can not evolve on its own) that is prove enough. . Its you who need to prove that everything can evolve on its own. When you have a proof let me know. All you need little common sense and less stuborness

Post Reply