One Question

Share your story.
Ram

Re: One Question

Post by Ram »

yeezevee wrote:
fakknows wrote:
Thats my point exactly, a person should be free to believe in God however they want to. Islam threatens the rest for not believing in its concept of God
Would you consider sufi concept of god/allah whatever is same as that of all Muslims or do you think that they are different breed of Muslims with different beliefs dear fakknows??
Sufi Muslims are relatively non-violent and tolerant - but they can also be very intolerant. Sufis believe that Muhammad was the epitome of good human being. They are very good at sanitizing Islam. That's why they have many Hindu followers in India. Moinuddin Chishti was a Sufi saint in Ajmer, India in the 13th Century who is revered by Muslims as well Hindus. Every year there is a big celebration in his honour which is attended by thousands of people from around the world.
वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्।
سارا سنسار ایک پریوار ہے۔
The Whole World is a Family.
fakknows

Post by fakknows »

yeezevee wrote:
fakknows wrote:

Thats my point exactly, a person should be free to believe in God however they want to. Islam threatens the rest for not believing in its concept of God
Would you consider sufi concept of god/allah whatever is same as that of all Muslims or do you think that they are different breed of Muslims with different beliefs dear fakknows??
After reading more from your links, im still not sure whether sufism is totally independent of islamic teachings. it certainly portrays itself as more peaceful, tolerant, and moralistic compared to salafi/wahabi islam. In the uk majority of pakistanis and kashmiris are from the bralwie sect which as you know has deep roots in sufism. However even these kinds of pakistanis/kashmiris have been influenced by this salafi/wahabi fundamentalist mindest.
fakknows

Post by fakknows »

Ram wrote:
yeezevee wrote:
fakknows wrote:
Sufi Muslims are relatively non-violent and tolerant - but they can also be very intolerant. Sufis believe that Muhammad was the epitome of good human being. They are very good at sanitizing Islam. That's why they have many Hindu followers in India. Moinuddin Chishti was a Sufi saint in Ajmer, India in the 13th Century who is revered by Muslims as well Hindus. Every year there is a big celebration in his honour which is attended by thousands of people from around the world.
would you class sufism as islam?

Or is sufism more 'mysticsm'.
Ram

Post by Ram »

fakknows wrote:would you class sufism as islam?

I believe that Sufism is a mystical version of Islam. They are not the same but you can compare Sufis to Jesuits within catholicism. Shias are more likely to be Sufis than Sunnis. For strict fundamentalist Muslims Sufis are kaffirs. But many Sufis were as tyrannical in their thinking as the most rabid Muslims.
वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्।
سارا سنسار ایک پریوار ہے۔
The Whole World is a Family.
fakknows

Post by fakknows »

Ram wrote:

I believe that Sufism is a mystical version of Islam. They are not the same but you can compare Sufis to Jesuits within catholicism.
Shias are more likely to be Sufis than Sunnis

I wouldnt say that, look at the subcontinent india/pakistan, more than at least 70% of sunni muslims belong to the brawelv sect, which has deep roots in mysticism and sufism. I know because many of my relatives are from that sect. when i was a muslim my sect was deobandi/tablighi which is more like wahbi/salafism, however salfis call almost everyone disbeliviers.
But many Sufis were as tyrannical in their, thinking as the most rabid Muslims.
Again there are many sufi sects, you cant tar most of them with the same brush. Yes no doubt there will be sufi sects who are sided with salafi/wahbism, therfore making them more intolerant. However to suggest 'many' are tyrannical would be inaccurate.
Idesigner

Post by Idesigner »

Ram wrote:

I believe that Sufism is a mystical version of Islam. They are not the same but you can compare Sufis to Jesuits within catholicism. Shias are more likely to be Sufis than Sunnis. For strict fundamentalist Muslims Sufis are kaffirs. But many Sufis were as tyrannical in their thinking as the most rabid Muslims.
Dear Ram,

Sufis were persecuted and are still being persecuted by main line Islam. Many Shiate sects, Ahmadiyas and many others can be called sufis as they all have mystical traditions about coming of Nabi, Imama, hidden Imam etc.

Admitted that many christian sect and even Jesuits had differences in the past with mother church but after protestant movement Christianity and even Papacy had stopped calling other christians heretics . Main line Islam has not done that. Shias and sunnis are still at war.

Sufism does not have any legitimacy in Islam.

One sura from Koran can make sufism disappear in thin air.

Many Wahabi and Koran only muslim accuse sufis of deception . they believe it was plot of Hindu holy men to corrupt Islam and they used gullible sufi saints of Persia and other countries to defile Islam. :whistling:

According to historians sufi saints worked as spy for their Arab and Turkish masters. All those well known sufi saints used to lament and complain to Baghdada Khalifas about sultans who think they were soft with hindus in conversion matter. Sufis sure used deception to convert Hindus and bottled their relligion as sect of Hinduism. Sufism is slow and sweet poison of Islam.In many countries sufi tradition is under attack and being totally erased by Wahabi brand of Islam. Examples: Pakistan, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Indonesia.

Sufi today and mean mother wahabi tomorrow. Almost all sufi dynasties Chistis or Nizamuddin were pretty fanatics. Hindus forgot all about it and now worship rotten bones of some fanatic saints who were born who knows where some 1000 years ago.
wakeup

Post by wakeup »

Because of extreme violent in thought, action, preaching and every thing related to Islam.

You are surely a masochist and sadist to join this mafia.

Islam for me is not a religion nor it was ever. After leaving all this it is like getting out of a huge dark cave and on top lifting of a huge stone on the caveman.
If there was freedom of choice most religions would die an early death. All evil religions are cancer to the body of humanity. You are the oncologist please radiate this cancer with your enlightened knowledge. Islam will die a death soon. Meeks will inherit all and not the oppressors.

Selvest

Post by Selvest »

I really don't think that if there was a God, we would be subjects to his sick joke as to us being his (Allah's) slaves.

One out of about one hundred and twenty-nine reasons why I think that Islam is just a made up religion by "the Prophet," who, in reality, is just a sick, perverted, violent, arrogant, ignorant, power-hungry, money-hungry ****.
fakknows

Post by fakknows »

I know i should start a new link,but heres an interesting link about whether sufism is part of islam or opposing it.

http://www.rim.org/muslim/sufism.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rovan

Post by Rovan »

I was a Muslim and I left it, so i guess I have a 'right" to answer this.

There's lots of muslim and islam war to each other. They all battle under the name of "Allah".

But if "allah" is so loving its creature, it doesn't come down and pat them in the back, stop the war, and make peace. No. Nothing.

The war ensues, and 'allah' might not care. All muslim can say is, "we'll see it later who's the right one in the after life!".

...We live to learn from mistakes. If "Allah" loves its muslim people, he should've warned them and unite them like a parent who would make peace between their children NOT after one killing another.

So, rather than I say, "God is evil for not doing anything despite its "omnipotent", i prefer thinking "there is no god!".

Hope it satisfies you, which I doubt anyway. :huh:
enceladus

Post by enceladus »

Well said, Rovan! Welcome!
- enceladus
IkraSalimKhan

Post by IkraSalimKhan »

I left Islam because being a female, The whole religion is sexist.
Its very offending. Especially the "two wives and several virgin hoors" in heaven part.
I mean... wtf?
enceladus

Post by enceladus »

IkraSalimKhan wrote:I left Islam because being a female, The whole religion is sexist.
Its very offending. Especially the "two wives and several virgin hoors" in heaven part.
I mean... wtf?
Hi IkraSalimKhan - welcome! Good on you for leaving Islam!

I see you're from Pakistan. It saddens me greatly that Pakistan is so under the grip of Islam, and the people suffering so much because of it. Islam is such a violent, hateful and evil thing.

You might like to drop into the "New members welcome" forum here -
viewforum.php?f=12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Up to you, of course). Often, ex-Muslim newcomers will put a brief post in there about their childhood and upbringing (saying whether it was strict or not) and they'll often mention when it was that they realised that Islam was a sham/fraud/whatever.

As for me, I'm atheist (although I really like a number of quotes by Buddha, hence my sig.).
I'm a Westerner and have never been Muslim (thank goodness.......).

I look forward to seeing your contributions here!
Bye for now -
- enceladus
nazeermustafa

Post by nazeermustafa »

joseph wrote:.

What exactly made you leave the religion of truth. Why did you abandoned the true God.

One reason.

-----

because I didn't find love and peace in it ...