The aftermath

Share your story.
Maersk

Re: The aftermath

Post by Maersk »

SAM wrote:
Icur2wyz4m3 wrote:Have met Abdul Rahim Green and Yusuf Estes - Yeah, and so what??? I was a pious muslim turned evil atheist
It's alright for you turned an evil atheist rather than you choose to worship the figure of Satan Paul. :D
:
So poor Paul had no one worshiping him but what did Modk and the idiots of Islam said about Mary who had many asking her to intercede for them. She's has to be evil according to Islam. Islam had Allah deceiving the JEWS and Romans with a fake Jesus but who was Allah trying to deceive with Mother of Jesus?? :banana:
crazymonkie_

Post by crazymonkie_ »

sunshine wrote:I would like to ask SAM to show me at least one renowned western Scientist who has converted to Islam.
This guy

:lotpot:
SAM

Post by SAM »

Go to internet and search for scientist converted to Islam :turban:

The breath while ascending the sky, The Pyramids building, the big bang theory,the development of the fetus inside the womb,the sky and its layers, the darkness inside deep oceans, the water and the soil, the orbiting sun and moon ans so on.
:whistling:
Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion.
Say: "The Guidance of Allah,-that is the (only) Guidance."
(2:120)
Maersk

Post by Maersk »

Have any Muslim scientists kept in touch with Satan to help It regulate Global Warming? Do you know of such hadith to show non - Muslims how this is achieved?
sunshine

Post by sunshine »

SAM wrote:Go to internet and search for scientist converted to Islam :turban:
So there ain't any...huh
SAM wrote:The breath while ascending the sky, The Pyramids building, the big bang theory,the development of the fetus inside the womb,the sky and its layers, the darkness inside deep oceans, the water and the soil, the orbiting sun and moon ans so on.
:whistling:
then why didn't your great Muslim scientist discover/invent those in the first place. :prop:
Your beliefs become Your thoughts, Your thoughts become Your words, Your words become Your actions, Your actions become Your habits, Your habits become your Destiny

http://www.faithfreedom.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
crazymonkie_

Post by crazymonkie_ »

SAM wrote:Go to internet and search for scientist converted to Islam :turban:
I did, and I could only find a very, very small number.

Where are the leaders in their fields who converted to Islam? They don't seem to be about too much.

.... Then again, if they're GOOD scientists, spiritual belief should be irrelevant. Unfortunately, the nature of Islam is to block empirical investigation at some point or another (wherever the Muslim in question draws the line of 'truth' over empirical evidence), so it's difficult to say whether or not a Muslim would be a good scientist or not. Maybe (very likely) they'd be like Sir Richard Owen- a man who was not above lying for his own faith.
The breath while ascending the sky,
Sounds too metaphorical to be useful as proof that science is in the Quran.
The Pyramids building,
Built by Egyptian polytheists who were by far the best builders in the world at the time; eventually (at least according to Homer and Hesiod) the inheritors of the Old Kingdom that built the pyramids passed on their knowledge of social organization, mathematics and engineering to the Greek-speaking people around the Mediterranean and in Asia Minor (modern-day Turkey). Not a coincidence that Muslims take credit for inventing what the Greeks learned via the Egyptians. The early Islamic empire, after all, did absorb into itself the most advanced science in the world known at the time. At least anywhere further west than China.
the big bang theory,
Developed by Western scientists, quite a few of whom were Catholic. And it's really entertaining to watch your people scramble to find verses that show the Big Bang Theory was in the Quran.

If another cosmological theory surpasses the Big Bang Theory (and it may; there's the Solid State theory, the Multiple Universes theory, Superstring Theory, and those are just the theories I know about) your people will be scrambling again to show that the Big Bang was incorrect and one of these are correct.

I'll be especially entertained if the newer theory ends up being Superstring, because there is NOTHING in the Quran- even in purposefully misleading 'updated' translations (CF: Asad)- that can possibly be used in its support.

Though maybe you'll all just ignore the new stuff in favor of what 'really' happened (the Big Bang, in that case.)
the development of the fetus inside the womb,
Described, incorrectly, by Galen about 500 years before Muhammad was even a glimmer in his parents' eyes. And repeated, incorrectly, by Muhammad- though he claimed it was god via Gabriel who gave him the 'correct' information.

Modern embryology knows that bones come AFTER flesh in fetal development.
the sky and its layers,
Oh this? Lucky guess.

And it ignores that the Quran also describes seven layers of EARTH. And there are far more layers than seven, even at the points of earth with the least layers (ocean floor.)
the darkness inside deep oceans,
???

How is this miraculous? Anyone who's looked down into the ocean, or even gone diving in ocean that's not that deep, can see that the ocean will get darker as you go down. It's common sense.
the water and the soil,
I assume you mean something about the water cycle here. The Quran only has details (and those very sketchy) about the half of the water cycle that is easy to observe. The other parts, the bits where the water is going up into the sky and coming back down into the ground or bodies of water, is totally absent.

Soil? It's not described at all. Where are the verses about sedimentary versus igneous rock? Where are the verses where god is showing humans the nature of rocks (even in a metaphorical sense?) NOWHERE. It's no more true that anything about rocks or soil is in the Quran, than the 'water' described in Genesis 1 pre-creation is actually dark matter.
the orbiting sun and moon ans so on.
Oh, you mean the verses that show the SUN orbiting the EARTH? The verses that show the moon giving its own light? Yes, you're right: The verses say that the sun and moon orbit.

But the sun doesn't orbit the earth. Which is what those verses are talking about. Not some new revision of meaning that 'proves' that the Quran showed that the sun orbits the center of the galaxy. Because there's no TERM for galaxy. The Muslim universe was far, far smaller than reality.

And if you need to know how the kafir left your people in the dust when it comes to reality, when it comes to astronomy, I can send you some links.
sunshine

Post by sunshine »

So SAM brings out pearls of Environmental engineering, Astronomy, embryology etc from Koran. but why the people of Mohammed's time had not even the knowledge of SIMPLE COUNTING SYSTEM?? WHY THEY HAD TO BORROW IT FROM KAFIRS OF INDIA. WAS THE BOOK OF ALLAH NOT COMPREHENSIVE ENOUGH.

I REQUEST OUR
ONBOARD QURANIC SCIENTIST S.A.M TO SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS ISSUE
Your beliefs become Your thoughts, Your thoughts become Your words, Your words become Your actions, Your actions become Your habits, Your habits become your Destiny

http://www.faithfreedom.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Superman

Post by Superman »

káty_gg wrote:Hi Yall

How we all doing 2day?

I just wanted to start a post disscussing the aftermath of comming out about your apostasy - I think it would give insight to those who are about to do it themselves.

I had come out to my family about my apostasy last year, and the specticle has gone on ever since. It started really simply too! I was fighting with my family (yet again) about my choice in men (my then fiancee was non-muslim) and my Dad was going on and on about how muslims 'don't do this' and 'muslim girls don't marry christian men' and I just go so angry and frustrated that I screamed 'I'm not muslim'. I swere, that is one moment and feeling in my life I will never ever forget. I was breathing so hard and my whole family were just staring at me in disbelief. It seemed like hours - but it was only a couple of seconds, when my Dad then proceeded to snap and tell the rest of my family not to talk to me ever again. My mother was howling and my brothers told my Dad to 'chill' and that 'not talking to me wasn't going to bring me back.' :x

What proceeded then was the worst year of my life filled with emotional blackmail and mental tourture.They constantly sprung different people (scholars and sheiks) on me to try and ''talk' to me about my 'confusion' and try to get me back on track. Even though I did hold up my own, it's just not a good feeling never knowing when someone might come through your door ready for a debate and you're just sitting in bed reading Harry Potter in your PJs eating chocolate.

I had to be mentaly prepared and ready 24/7 - there was no rest time, no Harry Potter, no chocolate! My mind had to be continuously ready for 'battle' and hard core debate. It may not sound like much, but let me tell you, it is exhausting and stressfull to be constantly on edge like that. Not to mention extreamly emotionaly draining.

It doesn't help when all your aunties and uncles (I've got like 20 of them) come in one at a time to tell you what a bad person you are for doing this what a ungrateful little snot you are blah blah. It didn't help that my cousins were either batting along with their parents or too chicken to even talk to me. One of my cousins, who I also considered to be my best friend, clicked it and told me that she can't talk to me and that I'm hell bound, yada yada yada. And the funny thing is she new all along about my apostasy - she just said what she said to save her reputation infront of the family...lovely

I knew my parents were religious but I thought that they were also very level headed. I definantly did not expect them to react the way they did, I thought they were more logical than that. I thought at the very least I would have my brothers comforting me...but nope. In the end I got married and not 1 family member attended my wedding (and I've got like 60 people in my family).

It's ok though because it showed me something - when crunch time came, they wern't there for me. They are so hung up and paranoid about this ideology that they disowned their own daughter and lost every bit of respect I ever had for them. It occured to me that they are not dependable because when push comes to shove and I need them, they will always think of themselves and 'whether or not they will be going to hell if they did this' before they take their first step. This ideology has made people paranoid.

Despite all this I can't tell you how great it feels to break from the chains and and have the truth release me! It's like everything that I went through was so worth the effort in the end. And now when I look back on what happened last year I can only laugh. :lol:

Rock on :rock: whooooo
I'm happy that you left the cult, and I'm glad you have found happiness with your partner. Let this rest on your parents' conscience, not yours. You don't owe them anything except love and respect, you don't owe them or your extended family control over your life!
Icur2wyz4m3

Post by Icur2wyz4m3 »

Ibn Rushd wrote:That is truly scary! I hope your other child is with you and not him. Was this in a western country (you mentioned a safehouse)?
Yes a western country,
And I am very grateful to say that both my children are with me, it took a bit of planning to leave him (six months of planning actually).