The aftermath

Share your story.
káty_gg

The aftermath

Post by káty_gg »

Hi Yall

How we all doing 2day?

I just wanted to start a post disscussing the aftermath of comming out about your apostasy - I think it would give insight to those who are about to do it themselves.

I had come out to my family about my apostasy last year, and the specticle has gone on ever since. It started really simply too! I was fighting with my family (yet again) about my choice in men (my then fiancee was non-muslim) and my Dad was going on and on about how muslims 'don't do this' and 'muslim girls don't marry christian men' and I just go so angry and frustrated that I screamed 'I'm not muslim'. I swere, that is one moment and feeling in my life I will never ever forget. I was breathing so hard and my whole family were just staring at me in disbelief. It seemed like hours - but it was only a couple of seconds, when my Dad then proceeded to snap and tell the rest of my family not to talk to me ever again. My mother was howling and my brothers told my Dad to 'chill' and that 'not talking to me wasn't going to bring me back.' :x

What proceeded then was the worst year of my life filled with emotional blackmail and mental tourture.They constantly sprung different people (scholars and sheiks) on me to try and ''talk' to me about my 'confusion' and try to get me back on track. Even though I did hold up my own, it's just not a good feeling never knowing when someone might come through your door ready for a debate and you're just sitting in bed reading Harry Potter in your PJs eating chocolate.

I had to be mentaly prepared and ready 24/7 - there was no rest time, no Harry Potter, no chocolate! My mind had to be continuously ready for 'battle' and hard core debate. It may not sound like much, but let me tell you, it is exhausting and stressfull to be constantly on edge like that. Not to mention extreamly emotionaly draining.

It doesn't help when all your aunties and uncles (I've got like 20 of them) come in one at a time to tell you what a bad person you are for doing this what a ungrateful little snot you are blah blah. It didn't help that my cousins were either batting along with their parents or too chicken to even talk to me. One of my cousins, who I also considered to be my best friend, clicked it and told me that she can't talk to me and that I'm hell bound, yada yada yada. And the funny thing is she new all along about my apostasy - she just said what she said to save her reputation infront of the family...lovely

I knew my parents were religious but I thought that they were also very level headed. I definantly did not expect them to react the way they did, I thought they were more logical than that. I thought at the very least I would have my brothers comforting me...but nope. In the end I got married and not 1 family member attended my wedding (and I've got like 60 people in my family).

It's ok though because it showed me something - when crunch time came, they wern't there for me. They are so hung up and paranoid about this ideology that they disowned their own daughter and lost every bit of respect I ever had for them. It occured to me that they are not dependable because when push comes to shove and I need them, they will always think of themselves and 'whether or not they will be going to hell if they did this' before they take their first step. This ideology has made people paranoid.

Despite all this I can't tell you how great it feels to break from the chains and and have the truth release me! It's like everything that I went through was so worth the effort in the end. And now when I look back on what happened last year I can only laugh. :lol:

Rock on :rock: whooooo
expozIslam

Re: The aftermath

Post by expozIslam »

Katy_gg,
It is really courgeous of people like you to come out and declare their apostasy esp when you are a girl. While it can be traumatic to loose contact with your family, if you have a good social life or friends, the trauma can be lessened significantily. Hats off to you.

Have you ever invited your family and relatives to FFI and refute our arguments? Why don't you invite them anonymously telling them more and more muslims are leaving cult due to this FFI and isn't there a muslim who can challenge Ali Sina and shut down this website.
“The truth, of course, is that a billion falsehoods told a billion times by a billion people are still false.”
kenmirzz

Post by kenmirzz »

Katy_gg,
It is really courgeous of people like you to come out and declare their apostasy esp when you are a girl. While it can be traumatic to loose contact with your family, if you have a good social life or friends, the trauma can be lessened significantily. Hats off to you.

Have you ever invited your family and relatives to FFI and refute our arguments? Why don't you invite them anonymously telling them more and more muslims are leaving cult due to this FFI and isn't there a muslim who can challenge Ali Sina and shut down this website
Mr Exposeislam, the moment an anti islamic site is mentioned, the Muslims will quickly resort to conspiracy theory. It's hard to reason with them concerning the falsehood that had been clinged to for thousands of years.

To Ms Katy_gg, I will be sharing your experience soon. This week,they put Zam Zam water inside my drinking bottle to "cleanse" the dirt of apostasy. Dont know what will befall me next week. Whatever the case, no Mulla worth the name can change my resolution and persistence.

Humanity is but one family. :)
káty_gg

Post by káty_gg »

the moment an anti islamic site is mentioned, the Muslims will quickly resort to conspiracy theory.
My family think this site was set up by the jews...must have been that e-mail hahahaha
expozIslam

Post by expozIslam »

káty_gg wrote:
the moment an anti islamic site is mentioned, the Muslims will quickly resort to conspiracy theory.
My family think this site was set up by the jews...must have been that e-mail hahahaha
Isn't that all the more reason for them to dubunk this website? Provacation should work. If you want me to provocate them, just give me an email address in private(pm only) and i will provocate them to join here or accept that Islam is fake. Who knows they might see the stupidity of their thought process and you might be get back your family's love. Trying never hurt anyone.
“The truth, of course, is that a billion falsehoods told a billion times by a billion people are still false.”
Chief Chingachgook

Post by Chief Chingachgook »

katy_gg, welcome to FFI ma'am ! I am happy for you. Now all that remains for you to do is to show it to them by words and deeds that there's life, better and more peaceful life outside Islam. Tell them that outside Islam EVERYONE who can still breathe are equal. After all "Humanity is but one family" Do charity works in your spare time. Assist, love and care for others regardless of color or creed. It pays to care for others for others will honor and love you back! There's that feeling of pride and self satisfaction out of giving others a helping hand.

Cheers and congratulations from Chief Kafirgook ! :D
I was chingachgook in the old forum. In this new Reservation forum I was made a Chief :whistling:
Ibn Rushd

Post by Ibn Rushd »

Greetings. Your story is reminisent of a girl from Riyadh (? ) that we had on a few years ago. Her family caught her reading Christian websites and took her to "psyciatric care" because apostacy in Saudi is a mental illness.
There is no Master but the Master, and QT-1 is his Prophet.

Asimov's robot story "Reason"
Eopithecus

Post by Eopithecus »

You are lucky it was only water with which they spiked your drink. Your life is dis-honor for the family, so be careful you can still be killed easily.
kenmirzz

Post by kenmirzz »

You are lucky it was only water with which they spiked your drink. Your life is dis-honor for the family, so be careful you can still be killed easily.
Rest assured, it's not like what you imagined. My family are overall good. It's just they cannot accept apostasy to be natural, similar with the so many other religion followers too.

yeezevee

Post by yeezevee »

Rest assured, it's not like what you imagined. My family are overall good. It's just they cannot accept apostasy to be natural, similar with the so many other religion followers too.

I am glad to note that., That is very big +point within the family. They must either be well educated or they understand religions and their origin ..

with best wishes
yeezevee
kenmirzz

Post by kenmirzz »

I am glad to note that., That is very big +point within the family. They must either be well educated or they understand religions and their origin ..
Educated? Not really. But thanks to all the modern gadgets and electronic appliances around, they just cannot dismiss the "Kafir" invention as I rightly put to them: "if want to follow real Islam, dont utilize all these inventions, stop listening to music." When I told them about the Muslims' contribution to the benefit of mankind, they become speechless. Of course I still got the scolding, nonetheless, less severe. After a few hours, my father chatted with me like nothing had occurred.

My advice to apostates, if any of you being pressed by family members to renounce apostasy, just answer them in a polite way. Explain to them about all the modern inventions that make their life convenient and comfortable are from those "Kafir". The Muslims never contribute anything to humanity, it's these pork eater and alcohol drinker that serve the current civilization. From primary education to university, the systems are all running based on non Islamic background. Even the Islamic one utilize the "kafir"'s gadgets too.

If they shift the topic and backfire at the "kafir" killing Muslims issue, tell them that the Sunni-Shia conflict had been around for thousands years and claim more life. I am sure they will ponder on this. After all, my family did stop when i apply this arguments. It may not work the same for all but at least try it whenever you are cornered into inescapable road.

Ibn Rushd

Post by Ibn Rushd »

Wow kenmirz, you came into the open and now you have to fight for air! You are something special. :worthy:

kenmirzz

Post by kenmirzz »

Wow kenmirz, you came into the open and now you have to fight for air! You are something special
Special? Not at all. That's my way of defence when I accidentally blurted out certain expression that may be intepreted as something close to infidelity. As far as they are not going to give up on me, I am not going to give up too. Well, today I found Zam Zam water again inside my drinking bottle today. :oops:

Actually, the Muslims are in a state of confusion. They ascribed superior morality to Islam and advocate it as a sign of truth while the rest of the humanity are inferior, at least morally. They cannot bear the pain when anyone ascribe immorality to "Prophet" Muhammad, in response, all allegations are dismissed then and there as lies or conspiracy.

Apostates must be wise enough to make comparison between the sorry state of Muslim world with the advanced state of "Kafir" world such as Japan, USA or Switzerland when they were bombarded with questions by family members or Mulla. Just tell them that you aspire peace and prosperity in life. Religion is a matter of heart. If possible, tell them that you still have "Iman" in the heart and eventually be in paradise.

That's my two cents though.

yeezevee

Post by yeezevee »

kenmirz
Actually, the Muslims are in a state of confusion. They ascribed superior morality to Islam and advocate it as a sign of truth while the rest of the humanity are inferior, at least morally. They cannot bear the pain when anyone ascribe immorality to "Prophet" Muhammad, in response, all allegations are dismissed then and there as lies or conspiracy.

Apostates must be wise enough to make comparison between the sorry state of Muslim world with the advanced state of "Kafir" world such as Japan, USA or Switzerland when they were bombarded with questions by family members or Mulla. Just tell them that you aspire peace and prosperity in life. Religion is a matter of heart. If possible, tell them that you still have "Iman" in the heart and eventually be in paradise.

That's my two cents though.
dear kenmirz, those words are more than two cents worth ., under right conditions at right time at aright place they worth of a LIFE., in fact many lives. You write so well, may I suggest you two things here..

1). It is a perfect heading for an Article " Muslims Are In a State of Confusion" in ffi front page, with another 1/2 page addition adding some examples from the day internet is opened to world wide web.

There will be more of such confusion in near future. Question is, how do the Muslims deal with such confusion? What I see and read is, they deal with TREMENDOUS RAGE. For e.g in this silly news link at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3024&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . You wee how a well educated and I believe a decent person, a believing Muslim behaves when such news hits web. Now, If an educated person acts with such rage, what do we expect from high school drop out Muslims that are brain washed with Mullah ZamZam SELECTIVE sermons from silly book? Rage.. collective Islamic rage.. beat up or even kill any one who is not Muslims who come across on the road.

Question is how to deal with that? You know few word of yours such as these
Religion is a matter of heart. If possible, tell them that you still have "Iman" in the heart and eventually be in paradise.
from an Islamic preacher will help immensely to put cold water on Islamic Rage. Funny thing is you can get that from Q'uran.

2nd thing I would like to suggest is., "ADD MORE SUCH WORDS" when you are replying to Robots such as FFI A_B., off course you should also use other words such as "master" lol..
Well, today I found Zam Zam water again inside my drinking bottle today.
I wonder about this Zam Zam water thing.,

can you go there and pick up a bucket of Zam-Zam water?? I also wonder whether these Saudi buffoons with American technocrats are pumping water so it comes out as Zam-Zam water through that rock crack hole and MUSLIMS ARE FOOLED to buy this water paying lots of money..

http://misstudge.blogspot.com/2008/02/m ... water.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.qatarliving.com/node/82761" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.fatwa-online.com/news/0051022.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.imaan.com/Zam_Zam.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

well read this FOOL

http://www.geocities.com/alislamiworld/ ... _water.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This Idiot doing research doesn't seem to know that water is 2 hydrogen atoms and One Oxygen Atom...Stupid people foolish religion

with best wishes
yeezevee
Ibn Rushd

Post by Ibn Rushd »

How can you tell Zamzam from regular water? :???:

kenmirzz

Post by kenmirzz »

How can you tell Zamzam from regular water?
Hi Mr Ibn Rushd. The water taken from a well tastes differently. It's a little on the salty and bittery side due to rich minerals content. Once I drank water from a well in Mongolia, it taste the same like Zam Zam water. I used to drink the Zam Zam water before when I was a Muslim and I am familiar with its taste.

Dear Mr Yeezewee, when talking about the confusion of Muslims, I am referring to my previous experience as Muslim. The Muslims generally enjoyed watching Hollywood and Bollywood movies though they know deep in their heart that the religion prohibits it. True Islam will dismiss TV and Radios as Satan black box to deceive human kind. These are the original Ialamic thinking, but most Muslims deviated from this and attempt at rationalization plus reconciliation. The present civilization cannot and MUST not be in the hand of Islam at all or we will see early Armageddon begins. It's the spirit of Freethinking, not religion that had and has always cause the flourish of civilization from ancient to recent. The Quran and Hadith are full with useless admonition to abandon the world for the hereafter, pursuit of worldly gain is futile, etc. Imagine if the Wright Brothers had this sort of mentality, we will never see the first Aeroplane appear in sight. Perhaps, Alexander Graham Bell will be preoccupied with seeking more wives and prayers at night rather than inventing telephone that benefit human kind as a whole. Islam is a dark force that make a human gloomy and passive. It must be eliminated, eradicated and finally, terminated. I can feel the same way as Mr Ali Sina, we came from that nest, the nest of Islam.

SAM

Post by SAM »

Ibn Rushd wrote:How can you tell Zamzam from regular water? :???:
ZamZam is a Jinn piss 'water' :yuk:
Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion.
Say: "The Guidance of Allah,-that is the (only) Guidance."
(2:120)
Maersk

Post by Maersk »

To the uninitiated non - Muslims, ZAMZAM water is the Piss from Prophet of Islam. Such is their belief. :lotpot:
expozIslam

Post by expozIslam »

SAM wrote:
Ibn Rushd wrote:How can you tell Zamzam from regular water? :???:
ZamZam is a Jinn piss 'water' :yuk:
if you say this in public(among muslims), you will be lynched.
Maersk

Post by Maersk »

That's what I tell my non - Muslim friends. And whenever they think they do not want to step on the toes of Muslims to impress them, they will repeat what I taught them. :lotpot: