Hello

Share your story.
Superman

Hello

Post by Superman »

I've been lurking for a while and after reading the testimonials of former Muslims in this section of the forum, I've decided to post.

I'm 23 years old, I left Islam over a year ago and haven't regretted it one bit. A multitude of things led to my apostasy, all had an equal effect so I won't say one thing weighed more on my mind than another. Needless to say, I haven't told my family about this. They are not religious, we don't pray or go to the mosque but we do (well, I don't anymore) observe Ramadan and celebrate Eid. Despite this, I think they'd be hurt to find out about my situation so I'm keeping it hidden.

I've read the Quran and I know enough about the history of Islam and Mohammed to conclude that it is nothing more than a cult. And I wish more people were able to speak out on this, both Muslims who want to question the religion and 'infidels' who want to bring to light the absurdity of it all. As you all know that's not possible, it seems like if one person so much as questions one word of the Quran, all hell breaks loose in the Muslim community.

It's a shame.

I'm at school until September. Once I'm done and once I've got a career on track, the issue of marriage will come up. I don't know how to approach it, my family want me to marry a Muslim girl but with me being an apostate, I don't think it'd be quite the happy marriage. :lol:

I don't live in a Muslim country thankfully. So there's no fear on my part of being hounded and eventually killed in the name of honor. Just don't want to disappoint the parents.

:)
viduur

Re: Hello

Post by viduur »

Welcome. my dear Superman at FFI forum.

Congratulations for this bold decision.
Superman wrote: I'm at school until September. Once I'm done and once I've got a career on track, the issue of marriage will come up. I don't know how to approach it, my family want me to marry a Muslim girl but with me being an apostate, I don't think it'd be quite the happy marriage.

I don't live in a Muslim country thankfully. So there's no fear on my part of being hounded and eventually killed in the name of honor. Just don't want to disappoint the parents.

Let me say marrage is no problem for you. Girls prefer bold guys like you only than the cowards or Slaves of a religion like Islam.There's nothing wrong if you marry a Muslim Girl in a court. She will toe your line, if you remained bold after marriage also.
JihadMenace

Post by JihadMenace »

Superman wrote:I've been lurking for a while and after reading the testimonials of former Muslims in this section of the forum, I've decided to post.

I'm 23 years old, I left Islam over a year ago and haven't regretted it one bit. A multitude of things led to my apostasy, all had an equal effect so I won't say one thing weighed more on my mind than another. Needless to say, I haven't told my family about this. They are not religious, we don't pray or go to the mosque but we do (well, I don't anymore) observe Ramadan and celebrate Eid. Despite this, I think they'd be hurt to find out about my situation so I'm keeping it hidden.

I've read the Quran and I know enough about the history of Islam and Mohammed to conclude that it is nothing more than a cult. And I wish more people were able to speak out on this, both Muslims who want to question the religion and 'infidels' who want to bring to light the absurdity of it all. As you all know that's not possible, it seems like if one person so much as questions one word of the Quran, all hell breaks loose in the Muslim community.

It's a shame.

I'm at school until September. Once I'm done and once I've got a career on track, the issue of marriage will come up. I don't know how to approach it, my family want me to marry a Muslim girl but with me being an apostate, I don't think it'd be quite the happy marriage. :lol:

There is nothing about which to be ashamed in asserting your God-given rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. And if your parents don't like it, ask them why they moved not just to Dallas, Texas, USA in the first place.
yeezevee

Post by yeezevee »

Superman joins ffi lol..
I've been lurking for a while....
How long have you been lurking dear Superman and how did you get to know ffi in the first place??

I left Islam over a year ago and ....I haven't told my family about this....., I think they'd be hurt to find out about my situation so I'm keeping it hidden.
well it is not necessary to tell any one and make it as public spectacle and hurt people who are near and dear to you dear Superman., So why do all those things now at the age of 23., There are number of ways to live in Islam without telling any one that you don't believe in rubbish that is there in Q'uran and Islam..
I've read the Quran and I know enough about the history of Islam and Mohammed to conclude that it is nothing more than a cult. And I wish more people were able to speak out on this, both Muslims who want to question the religion and 'infidels' who want to bring to light the absurdity of it all.
that is the key ., speak out + question it
it seems like if one person so much as questions one word of the Quran, all hell breaks loose in the Muslim community.
No just breaking hell., In wrong place many will loose their heads..
It's a shame.
well that is life.. take it or leave it..
wait..wait.. get a Job.. stay on your own feet.. and why do you think that there are no hidden young women apostate acting like Muslims in and around family? .. there are.. Smart guys can easily figure that out..
I don't live in a Muslim country thankfully. ....
Well.. that is great +point you have and you don't need to HURT YOUR PARENTS., You see disappointing is different word., when it comes to your own life that is very little to do with your parents but ALL TO DO WITH THEIR and your faith., then there is nothing wrong explaining., questioning them and even if needed disappointing them., and all that you can do without hurting them..

any way welcome to ffi..

with best wishes
yeezevee
sword_of_truth

Post by sword_of_truth »

I'm in the same situation with regard to marriage. I don't see why they would object to a Christian girl. In my case, my mom is a Christian, so they can't protest it. I'm sort of casually dating a Christian girl right now, not serious at all, mostly just friends, but I think ideally, I'd be better off with a secular girl, given my very strong atheistic and even somewhat anti-religious views.

Personally, I'm afraid my family is going to have to get hurt. I don't want any limitations on who I can and can't marry, so it's no good looking for a closet ex-muslim. I try to keep as far away from muslims as I can these days. No, you have to keep your options open. It's hard enough finding a girl who is compatible with you and likes you without having to worry about disappointing people.
"...if you want my personal preference say I found out that my wife was cheating with me flogging would be too good a punishment."

--fudgy
enceladus

Post by enceladus »

Welcome, Superman - It's good to have you here!

Good on you for leaving Islam! You've followed a similar path to that of many others who've posted here.
They too have had a good look around the forums, and have read the experiences of those who have left.

Hopefully, there will be many more who will follow your example and set themselves free!
Bye for now - looking forward to seeing more of your posts..... ;)
- enceladus
expozIslam

Post by expozIslam »

Welcome to FFI Superman.
It is so wonderful to read that more and more people are realizing the hate ideology in Islam.
“The truth, of course, is that a billion falsehoods told a billion times by a billion people are still false.”