Page 1 of 1

Murtad Mama is back!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:12 pm
by Murtad Mama
AUTO-BIOGRAPHY FOR ONE FREE WORLD INTERNATIONAL
My parents brought me up in Malaysia as a Muslim child until I was 11 years old. After that, according to my parents, there was no compulsion in religion and I was free to choose my own faith. I surely was not a Muslim. Unfortunately, in Malaysia, I was required to be a Muslim by law because my father was Malay. There are a number of different ethnic groups in Malaysia; however, ethnic Malays have to be Muslim.

Upon finishing secondary school, I got a scholarship to study Environmental Engineering in the USA. While I was in the USA, the Malaysian authorities were alerted to the fact that I was not a Muslim. In February 2000, two people from the Malaysian embassy came to see me at my university. They asked if I was a Muslim. I lied and I said I was. They proceeded to tell me they would investigate whether I was a Muslim or not. If it turned out that I was not Muslim, they told me they would forcefully repatriate me back to Malaysia because I would be unfit to be among other religions. In addition, as one of the conditions of my scholarship, all the scholarship recipients had to go to the Malaysian embassy once a year for religious debriefing. I always skipped these sessions, because I couldn’t fake the Islamic lifestyle. With the investigation on its way, and me refusing to go to the religious debriefings, I would eventually be taken into custody and forcefully repatriated. When people talk about “faith rehabilitation” in Malaysia, what actually takes place is torture until one agrees to be a Muslim again (according to the Malaysian government’s definition of what a Muslim is).

Because that my mother was born in Canada, I was also Canadian Citizen. Unassisted by the Canadian government, I fled to Canada on May 5, 2001. In Canada, I did not know anybody else that was in my shoes except for my ex-husband. So I did two things to get in touch with people like myself and to help them have a better life. First, I created Murtads from Malaysia, an online support group for Malaysians who face religious persecution. We had a group of volunteers comprising people of various faiths, and no faith, helping to run the website. Second, I created the Living Without Religion (formerly known as Coping Without Religion) Support Group in Toronto, which has now spread across Canada. This support group was meant for people who live without religion, and who are having problems, and/or people who have left a religion and are consequently having problems. These are my two contributions so far to help those who face religious persecution. Now, I would like to help more people, and that is why I have turned to One Free World International.


MY STORY OF CONVERTING BACK TO ISLAM TEMPORARILY
In the summer 2011, I had to go through a difficult time in my life. As a result, I ran away to Ottawa, Canada to begin a new life. I lost a whole lot of weight. Then, I got sick. I was worried my body will not be able to handle the illness. I was worried of a lowered immune system. So, I called for an ambulance and I was brought to Monfort Hospital. I thought I was going to the die. So, I said the Shahada and converted back to Islam. I was praying (doa) to the Muslim God (Allah) to save me from death. I didn't die and for a while I considered myself Muslim. I decided to move to Windsor, Ontario for several reasons. I would say, "I surely do not want to be Malaysian Muslim but I am a Canadian Muslim". But there were two problems.

First, I had a Service Dog for medical purposes. I was not allowed to bring my Service Dog to the mosque to be with other Muslims and I couldn't be separated from my Service Dog. I chose my dog because I love him more than anything else in the world. So, I left Islam.

Second, my Atheist thoughts came back to me. I wanted to be identified as an Atheist. When I joined the Windsor Atheists for dinner, I felt I was in the right place. I was hospitalized for a long time in 2016. I suffered like I have never suffered in my whole life before. I remained an Atheist throughout my suffering.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You guys have to make sure I don't end up being Muslim again! :no1: :nono1:

Murtad Mama

Re: Murtad Mama is back!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:15 pm
by manfred
Hi again, it's been a long time!.

Welcome back.

Re: Murtad Mama is back!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:43 am
by Murtad Mama
Thank you, manfred!

Re: Murtad Mama is back!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:58 am
by survivor
Welcome, Murtad Mama...Don't worry, anybody's Sky Daddy/God/Allah doesn't have anything to do with whatever bad goes with us livingbeings on this planet.
I have been facing various health Issues myself since a very long time now following getting poisoned a couple of times by people that I called my own.
If you want to, just do regular Pranaayama, Meditation with closed eyes. Concentrate your mental attention on your problematic body parts [one problematic body part at a time and at least for 5 minutes concentration required on each part] as if you are going to treat them yourself by breathing enough oxygen and blood flow to that part, so they can heal. While performing these things, do no let your mind wander or think about the bad things that have affected you. Never mind, if your mind wanders away, but try to bring it back to the part you want to concentrate on. Besides, just try to feel mentally positive/as if all is well. May take some time to see the changes in you, but you will see it, for sure.
My advice is, before starting to do anything, it is always better to go for a complete medical check up to see if there is any underlying medical problem that you are unaware of. Goodluck.

Re: Murtad Mama is back!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:23 pm
by Fernando
A harrowing story, MM. My best wishes to you.
Murtad Mama wrote:Unfortunately, in Malaysia, I was required to be a Muslim by law because my father was Malay. There are a number of different ethnic groups in Malaysia; however, ethnic Malays have to be Muslim.
Clearly racist. Why aren't the left-wing Luvvies screaming about it?

Re: Murtad Mama is back!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:41 pm
by Murtad Mama
Dear survivor,
Thank you for your advice. I really appreciate it.

Murtad Mama
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you to you too, Fernando. MM

Re: Murtad Mama is back!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:42 pm
by glitch
survivor wrote:Welcome, Murtad Mama...Don't worry, anybody's Sky Daddy/God/Allah doesn't have anything to do with whatever bad goes with us livingbeings on this planet.
I have been facing various health Issues myself since a very long time now following getting poisoned a couple of times by people that I called my own.
If you want to, just do regular Pranaayama, Meditation with closed eyes. Concentrate your mental attention on your problematic body parts [one problematic body part at a time and at least for 5 minutes concentration required on each part] as if you are going to treat them yourself by breathing enough oxygen and blood flow to that part, so they can heal. While performing these things, do no let your mind wander or think about the bad things that have affected you. Never mind, if your mind wanders away, but try to bring it back to the part you want to concentrate on. Besides, just try to feel mentally positive/as if all is well. May take some time to see the changes in you, but you will see it, for sure.
My advice is, before starting to do anything, it is always better to go for a complete medical check up to see if there is any underlying medical problem that you are unaware of. Goodluck.


Once again, love how in one breath you attack ALL RELIGION, and not just islam which is the only religion out killig Gays. So much moral clarity onyour part.

Re: Murtad Mama is back!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:28 pm
by Murtad Mama
glitch wrote:
survivor wrote: Once again, love how in one breath you attack ALL RELIGION, and not just islam which is the only religion out killig Gays. So much moral clarity onyour part.

Survivor is probably an Atheist. We should respect his right to be an Atheist. Muslims may be the only ones killing gays (I don't know if it is true) but a lot of theists do not support same sex marriages. For example, some Christians. :x

Re: Murtad Mama is back!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:55 pm
by glitch
Murtad Mama wrote:
glitch wrote:
survivor wrote: Once again, love how in one breath you attack ALL RELIGION, and not just islam which is the only religion out killig Gays. So much moral clarity onyour part.

Survivor is probably an Atheist. We should respect his right to be an Atheist. Muslims may be the only ones killing gays (I don't know if it is true) but a lot of theists do not support same sex marriages. For example, some Christians. :x

And again you say athiests, then jump straight to Christians. Again, you say support same sex marraige and kiling gays in the same breath! They are not the same thing1