A 22 year-old apostate: My testimony

Share your story.
KD75018

A 22 year-old apostate: My testimony

Post by KD75018 »

Hi fellow ex-Muslims,

Right here is my testimony:

I am a 22-year-old-man. I was born in France from African immigrants’ parents, in a strict Muslim family. I was Muslim by default like many other of you; I was praying 5 times a day, fasting since I was 7 years old, reading Quran…. I practiced Islam since my childhood until my 1st year of the equivalent of Higher National Diploma in France, when I was 19. I have thought that Islam was the right way to go to “heaven” even when I was reading the Quran in French version; I had never questioned if the verses were really humane, correct or not.
My father tried to make me learn Arabic language but fortunately he gave up to this idea with me and my brothers.

I had several shocks and experiences that have led me to question about Islam; at that time I was 19:

1st experience: when I was going to another country apart my country of origin, on March 2009.
It was my 1st trip to London with the school.
I experienced drinking and eating non-halal food. I expected to be punished for what I did but I see nothing coming, so it was great ! I hadn’t continued this experience when I came back to France because of my previous fear of what other people would think about me;

2nd experience (REAL shock): when I was told to repeat my 1st year of HND on May 2009.
It was the 1st time I have to repeat a class and I was very uncomfortable. Just before the class council I pray Allah to make me pass my class; it didn’t work AT ALL !
Furthermore, when I felt very bad in my soul, my family especially my mother made me want to go to suicide myself ! She said to me that “I was the shame of my own family, that I was a coward with no brain, etc.”, it made me really sick ! I was nearly going to suicide myself ! Even when you are in real sh!t you can’t count on your own family. Fortunately some real friends prevented me to do such stupid thing.
At that time I was in a “yo-yo” period, when I pray sometimes and I didn’t pray other times. I have experienced eating pork meat for the 1st time and I really appreciated that, however I didn’t pursue this experience.

3rd experience (2nd REAL Shock): in July 2011.
I was curious about the story of my African ancestors. I found a stuff which led me to really question Islam: the Islamic slavery on Africa and on other parts of the world.
I was very angered when I discovered that my ancestors were conversed to Islam by sword ! Then I continued my researches on that subject until now (I am always researching documents, books and discovering the real history of Islam).

4th experience: from November 2011.
I was really fed up with praying 5 times a day and fasting. Praying 5 times a day for what ?? Then I ask question about praying so many times. I talked with some Muslims and imams. They say that a man who does good things but who doesn’t do his prayers 5 times a day will go to hell. Will go to hell??? Because he hadn’t do his salah ?? I answer that it’s very absurd, cruel, hatred and unfair for them ! The Muslims seems to be ok with that but not me: at that time I give up doing the prayers 5 times a day because I think that if there is a God, he will not send me in hell only for not praying 5 times a day if he’s logic.

5th experience (Shock):
I tried to question my parents about rituals in Islam, why we must do it, for what purpose. She asked me why I ask questions and the only thing she said to me was “learn Islam so you can improve your knowledge on it and make your own interpretation”. Thins answer never make me feel comfortable with my mind because the more I learn about Islam, the more I see that this religion and its ideology were very very restrictive in a human being’s living.
For instance, a Muslim must eat halal food, must pray 5 times a day, must fasting (what the **** about fasting? It’s the period where I take many weights!), mustn’t eat pork, mustn’t drink alcohol, mustn’t draw portrays of animals or persons (WTF again, I LIKE drawing anything, this is my passion!), mustn’t play or listen music, mustn’t have sex before marriage….I see that the Shariah law controls everything in your life, form the private to the public ! Islam is a very restrictive way of life !

6th last experience (LAST REAL SHOCK): from April 2012:

I decided from that time to leave Islam. It was not without consequences:

I knew that to get rid of Islam would change many things, not only in my relationship with others but in my way of life:

For example, in my social circle, all Islamic fanatics, not happy to see me leave Islam, were furiously angry against me, insulting me of all things possible before leaving and cut ties with me.
There's a former best-friend, a Muslim with whom I hung out since middle (or medium) school who tried to convince me to stay in Islam by all means necessary, but before my implacable thought of leaving the religion he has failed and then he considered that he has nothing to say to me; he doesn’t consider me to be one of his friends anymore since my leaving of Islam.

All these fanatics I have been with during my school years I let them and they get out of my life, knowing the fact that they wanted at any cost to impose to me their religious proselytizing when I decided to leave Islam.

Voilà for my experiences, I hope to not be so long.

Now I feel lighter, as if I had got rid of a burden that I carry from my birth, which was this religion that I had not chosen.

I consider myself, at this moment (May 2012) to be an agnostic, or a humanist; and I am now a fan of bacon meat :lol: !
The real power is within ourselves.

Marie

Re: A 22 year-old apostate: My testimony

Post by Marie »

Enjoy the bacon.

paxi christi

Post by paxi christi »

KD75018

i admire your courage,bravery and logic.

life will be a whole lot brighter and i know for sure you will feel joy in your life.real joy. :)

come in debates in other threads on this forum .

you will enjoy the experience .

survivor

Post by survivor »

KD75018 wrote:Hi fellow ex-Muslims,

Right here is my testimony::
Welcome. Truly, we need the help of your kind of enlightened people to save humanity and this world from deteriorating. Stay put on FFI and help us to achieve a total humanity around the world.
The great Islam has Greater Hidden Facts. To know them all, please, make yourself familiar with the provided site link.

Ghaith

Post by Ghaith »

This is hilarious comedy :lotpot:

Is this yet another fake testimony from FF?

First

you said
KD75018 wrote:I experienced drinking and eating non-halal food. I expected to be punished for what I did but I see nothing coming, so it was great !
Than you said
KD75018 wrote:when I was told to repeat my 1st year of HND on May 2009.
It was the 1st time I have to repeat a class and I was very uncomfortable. Just before the class council I pray Allah to make me pass my class; it didn’t work AT ALL
!
Seems like you where punished :lol:
my mother made me want to go to suicide myself
Suicide myself :huh: ?
Fortunately some real friends
These friends?
All these fanatics I have been with during my school years I let them and they get out of my life
I was curious about the story of my African ancestors. I found a stuff which led me to really question Islam: the Islamic slavery on Africa and on other parts of the world.
If you did proper research you would have found out your African ancestors sold them self into slavery. Slavery of Africans had been going on for centuries before Islam came.
Praying 5 times a day for what ??
Are you sure you are an ex muslim?
I am now a fan of bacon meat
So you sold your soul for pig meat?

peterpin

Post by peterpin »

Yos is real friend is a person who will stay with you and support you no matter what happens.

Would all your Muslim friend still be there for you if the event hat you decided that islam is no longer for you?

What about you family?

A real friend does not make conditions.

Also, think about this for a minute...

Why would the almighty creator of the universe have any interest in your lunch? I will tell you why Mohammed introduced the "halal" food thing: It relates to "Do not make friend with the unbeliever". By making rules about what a Muslim can eat, social contact with non-Muslims is resticted; that is not in Allah's interest, but in Mohammed's. It is a measure of CONTROL. It also ensures that Muslims trade with other Muslims for food, and that it is difficult for Muslims to make friends who are not Muslims. Do you often go and eat in a house of non-Muslim people?

As to slavery, it's alive and well today... Do you know where?

KD75018

Post by KD75018 »

Yos1994 wrote:This is hilarious comedy :lotpot:

Is this yet another fake testimony from FF?

No, this is REAL testimony.
I'm a real person behind my computer screen; you can believe whatever you want I don't care about people like you who wanna show me religious proselytism.

KD75018 wrote:I was curious about the story of my African ancestors. I found a stuff which led me to really question Islam: the Islamic slavery on Africa and on other parts of the world.
Yos1994 wrote:If you did proper research you would have found out your African ancestors sold them self into slavery. Slavery of Africans had been going on for centuries before Islam came.

I DARE you to prove to me that African Slavery began before Islam, and I DARE YOU to prove that Islam abolish slavery of Africans !

KD75018 wrote:Praying 5 times a day for what ??
Yos1994 wrote:Are you sure you are an ex muslim?
Yes at 100% !
KD75018 wrote:I am now a fan of bacon meat
Yos1994 wrote:So you sold your soul for pig meat?
If you want....you make me laugh man !

A question for you: do you know Why PORK meat is forbidden in Islam ?

For the other people, thank you for the welcoming. I hope one day that Islamic ideology will fail and the humanist or whatever they are will shall overcome !
The real power is within ourselves.

paxi christi

Post by paxi christi »

KD75018

you can see the ignorance and arrogance of these types of people.not only on this site but in your own life.

im sure that there are many who are not like this but they have to keep quiet because they are not alloud to bad mouth moslems..

come in debates in other threads.. and be part of FF trying to enlighten others like yourself who are in dispair around the world to get the strength and courage to take the steps you have.

once again..

a very big well done to you. :)

Ghaith

Post by Ghaith »

peterpin wrote:Yos is real friend is a person who will stay with you and support you no matter what happens.

Would all your Muslim friend still be there for you if the event hat you decided that islam is no longer for you?

What about you family?

A real friend does not make conditions.

Also, think about this for a minute...

Why would the almighty creator of the universe have any interest in your lunch? I will tell you why Mohammed introduced the "halal" food thing: It relates to "Do not make friend with the unbeliever". By making rules about what a Muslim can eat, social contact with non-Muslims is resticted; that is not in Allah's interest, but in Mohammed's. It is a measure of CONTROL. It also ensures that Muslims trade with other Muslims for food, and that it is difficult for Muslims to make friends who are not Muslims. Do you often go and eat in a house of non-Muslim people?

Did Muhammad really invent Halal Food? Halal is just like Kocher. The food laws in the Torah is similiar to the ones in the Quran. You need to do you home work peter :heh: is FF destroying you Christian fate? You who are saving your for true love. Time to pick up the bible Peter.
Its not well today. Its going underground in Mauritania. Doesnt change the fact that the Africans sold them self, than the Jews came into the picture.

So what you pointing out peter?

peterpin

Post by peterpin »

Yos your last few posts are getting more hysterical, and maybe you should think about your exams... what happened to nice, quite, civil talks?

Halal is not the same as kosher, far from it. I talk you through some of the differences, if you like. However, I would agree that both of these sets of rules serve the same purpose: to keep the believers away from the unbelievers.

The you missed the essential question I asked you: would the almighty creator of all past, present and future universes have an interest in you lunch?

I will also tell yousomething about the issue with slavery in Islam....
Slaves have been kept by a whole host of people, from many religions, and none.

Islam, however, specifically sanctions the keeping of slaves. Whereas pretty much all ciilisations have by now accepted that the keeping of slaves is morally wrong and repugnant, but Islam cannot change. It is stuck with Mohammed's example for ever. I like to think that many Muslims in their hearts would find slavery as sick as the next person, it is not possible for them to speak out, because it would be a criticism of Mohammed and the quran.

Christianity took its time over that question but today's teaching in pretty much the same in all groups, even fringe groups and agrees that slavery is morally wrong. So when a Christian keeps, catches or sells slaves, he act against his religion; when a Muslim does the same thing, he has the blessing of his religion. That is the difference. Christianity can has has deeloped and evolved; Islam can't and hasn't.

Also,yos,have you heard any of the many stories of Indonesian maids in Saudi Arabia? Did you know that the government of the biggest Muslim country warned its citizens about working in Arab countries, and the Saudi givernment "relatiated" by refusing workpermits to Indonesians and Philipinos? (Something many Indonesians are quite happy about...)

I have met quite a few Indonesians in Saudi Arabia, and I could fill pages with their horror stories, most never made the papers.

Perhaps our new member may want to tell you about how Islam came to Kenya, the Kalifi region, north of Mombasa, in particular? I am sureyou will find that story interesting.

Also, yos, you said elsewhere, should you find a single error in quran, you would leave Islam. There are a great many, but you need to be able to LOOK before you can find any of them. I fear you are not ready to look yet; when you take off your Islamic glasses of and look closely, you can't really miss them. Several people have tried to show one or the other, but you simply procede to alter the meaning of the arabic words until a far fetched alternative meaning appears, alien to the text, so that you appear to be able to ignore the problem.

It seems that you find the courageous step this young person has taken almost a personal attack. I wonder if you will one day be as brave as that, hopefully for a good cause. Have a little respect for someone braver than you...

Ghaith

Post by Ghaith »

No, this is REAL testimony. I'm a real person behind my computer screen; you can believe whatever you want I don't care about people like you who wanna show me religious proselytism.
Ohh realy? Can you prove it? Anybody can write a fake testimony, and seeing all the contradictions in your id say its pretty fake :drool:

I DARE you to prove to me that African Slavery began before Islam, and I DARE YOU to prove that Islam abolish slavery of Africans
You dare me :huh: ?
You ever heard of google? Its this search engine.

KD75018 wrote:Praying 5 times a day for what ??
Yos1994 wrote:Are you sure you are an ex muslim?
A question for you: do you know Why PORK meat is forbidden in Islam ?
A fact that God banned it to Moses, is enough to be banned, in France you Christian friends eat pork because they are unaware of Deu 14:8 and they rather follow the ways of Peter. Besides pork is unhealty for you young man :nono1:

Ghaith

Post by Ghaith »

Yos your last few posts are getting more hysterical, and maybe you should think about your exams... what happened to nice, quite, civil talks?
Well Peter as you can se, our last debates i have debated with many more than such youn in the same thread. As we never finished our Injeel debate but i dont got the time to finish it as of now. But i will how ever
Also, yos, you said elsewhere, should you find a single error in quran, you would leave Islam. There are a great many, but you need to be able to LOOK before you can find any of them. I fear you are not ready to look yet; when you take off your Islamic glasses of and look closely, you can't really miss them. Several people have tried to show one or the other, but you simply procede to alter the meaning of the arabic words until a far fetched alternative meaning appears, alien to the text, so that you appear to be able to ignore the problem.
Debate you on the "Errors" you got, but it would have to be 1 up to 2 post a day as i dont got time. If you can find me 1 error i cannot refute (by i dont mean to the extent that you start to jump up and down about it and not admiting that i refuted it like with the Mary case).
Halal is not the same as kosher, far from it. I talk you through some of the differences, if you like. However, I would agree that both of these sets of rules serve the same purpose: to keep the believers away from the unbelievers.
There we go. Also the fact both Kosher and Halal are slain on gods name(the god of Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad PBUT)
And a muslim can eat koser meat.

The you missed the essential question I asked you: would the almighty creator of all past, present and future universes have an interest in you lunch?
God created things to test Man. Svine being one.

You seem to think that i am uneducated Peter :sly: If you did the proper research you would find that the Africans sold them selves into slavery. And look at the Jewish connection to slavery. And the Wester Connection to slavery. Connecting Islam to Slavery is wrong. Try Arabs and Slavery. At that time There where more Non arab muslims THAN arab muslim( Such as Indian Muslim E.G) when the Africans was getting sold. The English men have just as Much blood, on both Africans and Hindus.

peterpin

Post by peterpin »

God created things to test Man.
Now that is a fascinating idea...

Why would an all-knowing God want to test us?
Will he not know the result before the test has started?

If our fate is decided before we are born, why a test at all?

Ghaith

Post by Ghaith »

Peter on the issue about christianity and slavery.
Here are some passages you should have a look at.

Exodus 21:20-21 "If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property

Exodus 21:32 "If the bull gores a male or female slave, the owner must pay thirty shekels of silver to the master of the slave, and the bull must be stoned

Leviticus 25:44-46 "Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly."

Just a few exampels why slavery is allowed in Christianity

Ghaith

Post by Ghaith »

peterpin wrote:
God created things to test Man.
Now that is a fascinating idea...

Why would an all-knowing God want to test us?
Will he not know the result before the test has started?

If our fate is decided before we are born, why a test at all?
Now Peter you know a Human cannot answer these question you got :lol:

ringmaster

Post by ringmaster »

Yos1994 wrote:Peter on the issue about christianity and slavery.
Here are some passages you should have a look at.

Exodus 21:20-21 "If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property

Exodus 21:32 "If the bull gores a male or female slave, the owner must pay thirty shekels of silver to the master of the slave, and the bull must be stoned

Leviticus 25:44-46 "Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly."

Just exactly how does all of that excuse your prophet from being a rapist and slave trader?
The prophet of Islam was nothing more than a common criminal.

Please tell me if this is accurate:

“I have fabricated things against God and have imputed to Him words which He has not spoken.”
~MUHAMMAD (Al-Tabari 6:111)

peterpin

Post by peterpin »

yos, you quote Exodus and Leviticus again... that is the Torah. You need to look at what Christian groups actually say.

kaimana1

Post by kaimana1 »

.....Please delete this post mods

thank you
Last edited by kaimana1 on Mon May 21, 2012 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

kaimana1

Post by kaimana1 »

These were under the torah when God was dealing directly with the nation of israel with physical boundaries. The messiah did not come yet- so therefore there was NO chirstianity

kaimana1

Post by kaimana1 »

A fact that God banned it to Moses, is enough to be banned, in France you Christian friends eat pork because they are unaware of Deu 14:8 and they rather follow the ways of Peter. Besides pork is unhealty for you young man :nono1
Camel and shellfish was also banned to moses yos :heh: Eating a pork chop isnt going to kill you yos eating a blt will not harm you if you cook pork for ten minutes at 155 degrees you will be alright.