my story of leaving islam, interesting..

Share your story.
Alvin1981

my story of leaving islam, interesting..

Post by Alvin1981 »

hi there i would like to give you my story of why i left islam, but i would like to keep my name private.
I was practicing islam for the past 3 yrs and was praying night prayers memoroizing quran, fasting extra, etc..
about a yr ago i realized i started to question my religion cause i was thinking why was i born in a muslim home, if i was in a hindu home i would have been raised hindu, etc.
and i started to realize there are so many religions out there that claim they are divine and from god such as judaism, christianity etc..what if i am wrong?
and i end up in there hell?
so one day i was reading some hadith and the prophet said "whoever leaves there religion, kill them !"
as soon as i read that hadith i left islam and lost my respect for this man, i mean a man who says kill another person if they change their religion is unworthy of my leadership and as a role model.
Even at that time i was thinking how can follow someone who married a nine yr old, i am sorry that is disgusting.
those were the hadith that turned me away and now on to the verses that made me move away for good
chapter 4 verse 34
Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all).
the question i asked myself is this god really saying this or man..how can a loving caring being tell you to beat your wives, even lightly??..next verse
chapter 5 verse 33
The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter
now once again i ask myself is this a god commanding this and before even attemting to cut off the hands where is the trial or justice??
just after reading these verses and hadith i decided i am no longer a muslim...there were various other reassons but i dont want to get into it.
in fact i dont believe in hell/heaven or even the devil and i know for a fact all religions are man made..and i do agree all religion is both true and false.
there were other reasons why i left islam cause i realized i started studying ancient egyptian and there hisstory and i am starting to realiize alot of these religions came from there., and i was baffled at how much i learned within the past 6 months of reading and studying about them.

my only problem is that i have spoken to my parents and they were not happy at all. My bro and sister dont even talk to me anymore and they consider me dead. they wont even let me touch there kids
i cant tell you thats extremly arrogant for them to do such a thing and how can u judge someone by their religion and not by their actions??...doesnt make sense
anyways thats my story of why i have left and why i dont wana come back
even after all this i do consider myself beleiving in a god or some higher power but when ppl ask me what happens when u die, i just say i am not dead yet so i dont know!
but feel free to offer adivce of how to deal with my family, i really dont wana lose them over religion :(

Ansar al-Zindiqi

Re: my story of leaving islam, interesting..

Post by Ansar al-Zindiqi »

Alvin1981 wrote:i really dont wana lose them over religion :(
Hi Alvin :)

Unfortunately, it sure looks like you are going to lose them over religion. The good news is that you are not alone so welcome to FFI!
Don't be a believer but a heretic unto yourself.

pr126

Post by pr126 »

Welcome to the forum Alvin.

You wrote:
i cant tell you thats extremly arrogant for them to do such a thing and how can u judge someone by their religion and not by their actions??...doesnt make sense.
It does make sense if you read the Quran.

Qur'an 9:23
O ye who believe! Choose not your fathers nor your brethren for friends if they take pleasure in disbelief rather than faith. Whoso of you taketh them for friends, such are wrong-doers.

Qur'an 58:22
You shall not find a people who believe in Allah and the latter day befriending those who act in opposition to Allah and His Messenger, even though they were their (own) fathers, or their sons, or their brothers, or their kinsfolk; these are they into whose hearts He has impressed faith, and whom He has strengthened with an inspiration from Him: and He will cause them to enter gardens beneath which rivers flow, abiding therein; Allah is well-pleased with them and they are well-pleased with Him these are Allah's party: now surely the party of Allah are the successful ones.

Islam is a cult, masquerading as a religion. Read the this essay by Ali Sina

Islam: an idea to kill and die for.

tejpat

Post by tejpat »

:welcome:
If any of the religions was from the all knowing genius creator, his religion and scripture should have been really smart as well, but none is. - Iffo

Ram

Post by Ram »

Alvin1981, I enjoyed reading your post. I am sorry that your family does not see your point of view. Here is my two cents worth.

Don't criticize Islam in front of your family, instead ask them questions. Let them explain why they believe in Islam. One question will lead to another. Ask them to explain contradictions in the Quran. Ask them to explain the meaning of what is in the Quran, the Hadiths etc.

Even if you are not a Muslim anymore, you still can celebrate holidays with your family, even if you don't fast or pray.
वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्।
سارا سنسار ایک پریوار ہے۔
The Whole World is a Family.

Sten

Post by Sten »

Hi Alvin, you sound like an intelligent and rational person, I look forward to reading your contributions.
The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.
- Carl Sagan

enceladus

Post by enceladus »

Welcome, Alvin! Good on you for seeing through the lies in Islam, and for leaving it!

This site - WikiIslam - may be useful. It is a site that takes a critical look at Islam, using the texts of Islam. Among other things, it has a very good section on the contradictions and inaccuracies in Islam.
http://www.wikiislam.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.wikiislam.net/wiki/A_Qur%E2% ... e_Universe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- enceladus