What were you told about Aisha?

This forum is exclusive for Muslims and ex-Muslims. Please do not join if you have never been a Muslim.
RichardTheLionheart

What were you told about Aisha?

Post by RichardTheLionheart »

This is a question for Muslims and ex-Muslims in regards to Aisha the person, not the actual marriage to Mohammed or anything to do with that relationship.

What I’m interested in is, did you ever get told stories about her life, achievements and latter years in Islamic lessons in the madrassa or mosque?
Were they just anecdotes or did you learn anything based on Hadiths or Sira?

What did you ever learn about her if anything and what impression were you given of her as a person?
Ex-Muslims needed to answer my questions: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4519 Serious posts only.
QuestForTruth

Re: What were you told about Aisha?

Post by QuestForTruth »

my family comes from a shia sect and thankfully we were not brought up with religion except for the mandatory learning to read arabic and quran and say our prayers. the only other real interaction we would have with our faith was attending the ashura mourning for hussain. in these sermons we were only told how bad aisha was - in that she was always an enemy of islam and Ali, she tried to poison someone (either the prophet himself of his 2 grandsons i'm not sure) and stuff like that. i only time i found out how old she was when she was wed was through Ibn Warraq's book - why i am not a muslim. i could not believe it and had to research the internet to find out if it was actually true. i found out more than thought i would - i am now a proud ex-muslim!
How did I discover than I am God? I was praying and realised I was talking to myself.....
debunker
banned

Post by debunker »

@ QFT

But the Shiites believe she was 15 when married. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Anyway, congratulations on your apostasy... I hope your preach the message to all your family and friends, and they preach it to their friends and so on.

EDIT: by the way, is it true that all Shiites engage in self-torture during Ashura? Or is it a tiny negligible minority within Shiites? Sunnis say all Shiites do it, are they (the Sunnis) lying?

^^^ Somehow, I can't believe any of this is real.
Last edited by debunker on Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
account suspended for inappropriate language
QuestForTruth

Post by QuestForTruth »

Hi Debunker,

i don't remember the issue of age ever coming up in those sermons.....

my husband is also agnostic because of my discussions with him, and i am bringing up my kids without any religious indoctrination......
How did I discover than I am God? I was praying and realised I was talking to myself.....
RichardTheLionheart

Post by RichardTheLionheart »

Thank you for your reply Questfortruth. I was beginning to wonder if any ex-Muslims would answer my questions.

Can any more apostates reply please? :turban:
Ex-Muslims needed to answer my questions: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4519 Serious posts only.
axiomatic

Post by axiomatic »

RichardTheLionheart wrote:Thank you for your reply Questfortruth. I was beginning to wonder if any ex-Muslims would answer my questions.

Can any more apostates reply please? :turban:
I was told that Ayesha was one of the greatest scholars of Islam. A lot of hadiths had been narrated by Ayesha. She was a great companion of prophet. She was different from the girls of her age as she was mature at the time of her marriage with the prophet.
káty_gg

Post by káty_gg »

I was told that women that lived in the dessert matured earlier and faster and it was quite normal for a man to marry a girl as young as 6...The point was that she had the 'right stuff'. When I asked why there were narrations of her playing with dolls before she 'got called' (I mean, only kids really play with dollies, right?) - they told me that she was physically ready!?!?! WTF

Keep in mind I was 9 (and had already gotten my monthlys) when I was told this and I freaked out that my parents were going to marry my off to some old dude!!
iffo

Post by iffo »

debunker
Anyway, congratulations on your apostasy... I hope your preach the message to all your family and friends, and they preach it to their friends and so on.
I did'nt get it, are you encouraging them to leave Islam?
or I am mistaken?
debunker
banned

Post by debunker »

yes dear iffo I hope that 60%-80% of Muslims leave Islam...
iffo

Post by iffo »

debunker
yes dear iffo I hope that 60%-80% of Muslims leave Islam...
what about you, have you left Islam?
debunker
banned

Post by debunker »

I am a Muslim iffo... I told you this before.
iffo

Post by iffo »

debunker
I know you told me before. But thats what confused me. You are muslim meaning you believe Muhammad was prophet, right?. Then why would you encourage others to leave islam meaning they will think of him as fraud and Islam to be false religion.
debunker
banned

Post by debunker »

so what if they think that Islam is a fraud? Losing them is a win for Islam...
Wootah

Post by Wootah »

debunker wrote:so what if they think that Islam is a fraud? Losing them is a win for Islam...
Let's hope Islam keeps up this kind of winning.
debunker
banned

Post by debunker »

Wootah wrote:
debunker wrote:so what if they think that Islam is a fraud? Losing them is a win for Islam...
yeah, let's hope :*)
AbdulRahman

Post by AbdulRahman »

Debunker,

What age do you think Aisha was married to Mohammad?
AbdulRahman

Post by AbdulRahman »

debunker wrote:yes dear iffo I hope that 60%-80% of Muslims leave Islam...
iffo wrote:
debunker
I know you told me before. But thats what confused me. You are muslim meaning you believe Muhammad was prophet, right?. Then why would you encourage others to leave islam meaning they will think of him as fraud and Islam to be false religion.
Hey, YeeZeVee, Debunker and Iffo,

I am getting an unexpected alliance from the enemy of humanity.

YeeZeVee initially blamed only 5% or so Muslims.
[May be he was trying to be poletically correct.]
I believe 98% to 99% of all Muslims are to be blamed, including Debunker and Iffo.
But I, initially, gave the number 95%, just to be in safe side, or just to give Muslims the benefit of doubt.
Then on my insistence and showing logic YeeZeVee increased his number to 20%.
At the same time I increase my number from 95% to 98%.
And now I have increased it to 99%.

I just discovered that even Debunker thinks 60% to 80% Muslims are to be blamed.
Not bad.

Hey, Debunker, your next step is to increase this number to 99%.
Then the real tough next step is to include yourself in this 99%.
Then the final step is to leave Islam after understanding the true ugliness of Islamic teaching, meme
Obviously, at that time you will no longer be among the 99% sadistic, sick Muslims.
Come on, join the club of humanity, justice and reason.

Set yourself free from surrender, submission, Islam, your brain.
Last edited by AbdulRahman on Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:01 am, edited 9 times in total.
iffo

Post by iffo »

AbdulRahman
Hey, YeeZeVee, Debunker and Iffo,

I am getting an unexpected alliance from the enemy of humanity.

Well Abdul what can I say you lucky bastard :) , Christmas came for you little early this year :) .. enjoy your unexpected alliance .. and good luck
Last edited by iffo on Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Muhammad bin Lyin

Post by Muhammad bin Lyin »

debunker wrote:
Wootah wrote:
yeah, let's hope :*)
I thought you were intelligent. How much more does anybody need to show you before you stop living in denial?? Mountains as pegs when they were actually the result of lands crashing into each other? God describing a job he does by saying visible flames in the sky were made to chase the jinn away. This isn't merely an author trying to speak the language of 7th century people, these are bona-fide and quite expectable errors from a 7th century author. God didn't need to say a single word about any flames in the sky chasing the jinn. This was Muhammad embellishing without realizing just how badly he would be caught in later centuries. How can you keep denying this?
orange jews for breakfast and 20 oz he brews at night
itsme

Post by itsme »

I was told that Aisha was a woman of marriage age. :whistling: She was very happy because she was granted by God the best reward there is i.e To be married to Grandpa Mohammad. (And the Muslims bought this crap. ) So according to them 6 years old is practically a woman. (People if you have 6 year old daughters, be careful with the Muslim guys around) :whistling:

Someone just informed me that, the age issue has never been a problem before and just been brought up recently by anti-islamic propaganda.