How was life like when you were a muslim?

This forum is exclusive for Muslims and ex-Muslims. Please do not join if you have never been a Muslim.
Ki Santoso Sejati

Re: How was life like when you were a muslim?

Post by Ki Santoso Sejati »

1. being circumised is the most painfull experience in my life
2. I live in fear of insane torment of allah's torture
Ki Santoso Sejati Dukun Palsu Penipu

AbdulRahman

Post by AbdulRahman »

abdullahinislam wrote:
debunker wrote:@ abdullahinislam

mark my words: you will become an apostate sometime soon (within 5 years at most). I have read a few of your posts and I can see that you have been brainwashed to think like a typical Muslim... one day you will wake up and start cursing your Muslim "brothers".
Well, we shall see but I am very happy as a Muslim, far more so than when I was Christian or even when I was "driven by animal instincts and selfish desire" - and I have not been brainwashed, I have studied the documents and supporting historical accounts and come to my own conclusions about the religion - I am not being beaten on by a Mullah or Imaam.

Oh, and I rarely curse anyone so do not see that happening ;)

Cheers

AbdullahInIslam wrote:
I am very happy as a Muslim.
Abdullah,
there is a very important, foundational flaw in your argument/thought above.

What I am about to tell you in few sentences even many Ex-Muslims, non-Muslims do not understand importance of it. One has to ponder on this.

If you study just a little bit of basic psychology, neuroscience, and fMRI reports you will learn that many psychopaths, or anyone can be happy even by doing horrible things.
Happyness can be achieved at the expense of truth.

I am raising the standard for you now. I am going to make your life even more difficult for you.

One must not seek out happiness for the sake of achieving happiness but he/she should seek the truth, nothing but the truth, and the whole truth. Happiness will come as by product of it provided you are already in love with the truth. If you are already not in love with the truth then truth will not bring in any happiness.
I, personally, seek the truth AND because I am already in love with the truth I get happiness without sacrifying the truth. Also know that truth comes through justice/fairness.

If you understand above paragraph and agree then I can take you to the next step of explaining to you the information theory about it. I can explain, cognitive dissonance/consonance, content of information binit, and pain and happiness in return of discovering something to be false that one believed to be true all lifelong.

Can you digest these?

emma67

Post by emma67 »

AbdullahInIslam wrote:
I am very happy as a Muslim.
One of several points we have been making all along is that you can be the happiest Muslim in the world and still be wrong.
Happiness and your own sincerity are irrelevant since Happiness and Sincerity have never been synonymous for truth.
There are also many happy and sincere Hindus, Budhhists, Jews, Christians, Atheists, Agnostics and so forth.
Since you are a Muslim, you do not believe that all of them hold the truth, besides it would be nonsensical.
So why do you believe that your own religion is the right one? Again happiness isn't synonymous for truth. You can get drunk and feel happy, it doesn't mean that being drunk is right.

Feeling very happy without a valid reason is more often than not the sign that something is seriously wrong and that's why you were told that you most likely wouldn't remain a Muslim.

Lastly, as a Muslim, you therefore represent Islam which states that it's OK to have sex with little girls, OK to kill those who are not Muslims, OK to have up to 4 wives, OK that women can be beaten up by their husbands, and so forth.
It's difficult to believe that someone would find happiness while agreeing with such things unless they suffered some kind of a mental illness or were most likely not informed properly.

Kind regards
"Love's the only engine of survival'' (Leonard Cohen)

HollowScar

Post by HollowScar »

1- Your wife has to have sex with you whenever you feel like it. Otherwise you are to sleep alone and if she doesn't return to you, you can beat her up. If she's at her oven cooking (as if only women cooked in the 21st century...) and you want to have sex, she has to agree. So much for mastering our animal instincts and treating others as equals and individuals as opposed to functions or subservient animals.

2- As to being compassionate and thoughtful, do you think Mohamad was when he had a few 1000 Jews beheaded, including all the kids who had grown pubic hairs because they didn’t want to convert to Islam? Or is it that we don't have the same definition of Compassion and Thoughtfulness? I should add Tolerance too?

3 - Could you explain why it takes 2 women as witnesses for only 1 man? Do you believe women are deficient in intelligence as Mohamad said and that Hellfire is mostly filled with women?

4 - Could you explain why Mohamad orders his followers to kill all the unbelievers wherever you find them? Is this Compassion?

5 - Could you explain why Mohamad had so many wives and why he had sex with a 9 year old girl he married when she was 6 years old and him 50+? Do you think it's OK to have sex with your 'slaves' too, as in anyone who works for you, could be a nanny, could be a young child, could be your son's wife. The Qu'ran says it's OK.

6- Could you explain why Mohamad got it wrong about embryology?

7- Could you tell us if Pharaoh died or was saved according to the Qu'ran because it says both?

8- Could you explain why the God of the Qu'ran got it wrong about the Christian Trinity including God the Father, God the Son and Mary in the Trinity?

9 - Could you explain why the Qu'ran states that it agrees with the previous books (yes, we can prove that they have not been changed btw in case you feel like resorting to this cheap move) when it contradicts them? Could you explain how the crucifixion is denied in the Qu'ran? Do you think Allah changed his mind and if so, could we consider changing one's mind to be a divine attribute? Do you think that Jesus was meant to appear to have died on the cross? If so do you think lying is a divine attribute?
If Allah is a liar and changes his mind, IT sounds terribly like a human being.

10- As far as people laughing at you because you are a white Muslim, I think more than laughing, they are probably very concerned about you. There's a sense of pride that White Muslims derive from being just that, a white person following Islam.
Being part of Islam makes you feel special, Muslims will tell you that others have been blinded, that there is this big Western Conspiracy against Islam, that YOU will go straight to heaven because you don't come from a Muslim background most likely and so you are EVEN BETTER than a Muslim and God loves you SO MUCH! You will be welcomed with open arms. I've been there and instead of laughing at you, I hope I can help you. Someone who has managed to stop drinking etc has willpower and strength and I hope you can use your willpower to select a peaceful belief system, whichever it maybe. The search is personal but you are not here for no reasons either. You are here most probably because you have a doubt. This is how I started on this site as a Muslim.
But will you dare to question the Qu'ran and see through it as I did? Do you have enough strength to do so? Or will you skip the passages which are so gross and deny basic human rights and prefer to remain blind? If you are a Westerner, I can only hope that your upbringing will allow you to question Islam and that you will decide to use your mind to do so.
You are right to have chosen to handle and tackle your drinking habits and to wish for more than living for sex, partying and the like. I know many Atheists, Agnostics and Christians who also feel this way while again I know some Muslims who drink, party and take drugs.
Can I ask you for a big favor Miss Emma? If you have any citations, could you list them for each point you have made? It is essential to show them their own flaws, by using their own reference. I trust your sources, but just to have it easily accessible, would be great. Thank you very much.
"Do you remember what you told me once? That every passing minute is a another chance to turn it all around" - Vanilla Sky
"If I could just go back... if I could rub everything out... starting with myself" - The Talented Mr. Ripley

Wootah

Post by Wootah »

Can I ask you for a big favor Miss Emma? If you have any citations, could you list them for each point you have made? It is essential to show them their own flaws, by using their own reference. I trust your sources, but just to have it easily accessible, would be great. Thank you very much.
1 - Koran 2:223 "Your wives are a tilth for you, so go to your tilth"

2 - Muhammad ordered the beheading of all male Jews after defeating the last remaining major tribe of Jews in Medina: the Qurayza.

http://www.islam-watch.org/SyedKamranMi ... haybar.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

3 - Koran 2:282 ".....And let two men from among you bear witness to all such documents. But if two men are not available, there should be one man and two women to bear witness so that if one of the women forgets (anything), the other may remind her ......"

As I searched on this one I found this site defending the Koran.
http://www.jannah.org/sisters/witness.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is classic Islamic apologist. It says two women in case one forgets as if they doesn't reveal a deeper level of sexism. And then there is the classic straw man tactic of bashing another religion as if that has any relevance to the issue.

4 - Koran 9:5 "Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful."

5 - Koran 23:5-6 "Who abstain from sex, Except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess, - for (in their case) they are free from blame,"

6 - Not going to discuss that but suffice it to say that he was wrong.
http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-myths-embryology.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

7 - Pharaoh
http://www.islam-watch.org/M.Hussain/st ... haraoh.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

8 - Even I would like to read more on this :)

Kind of stopped there for now. 20 minutes work.

HollowScar

Post by HollowScar »

Thank you very much Mr. Wootah. Miss Emma and you have both made my day a lot easier, as I was compiling information against this religion. An average muslim will tell you that #4 is taken out of context, as it applied to the people who they were fighting in self defense back then.
"Do you remember what you told me once? That every passing minute is a another chance to turn it all around" - Vanilla Sky
"If I could just go back... if I could rub everything out... starting with myself" - The Talented Mr. Ripley

Wootah

Post by Wootah »

HollowScar wrote:Thank you very much Mr. Wootah. Miss Emma and you have both made my day a lot easier, as I was compiling information against this religion. A typical muslim will tell you that #4 is taken out of context, as it applied to the people who they were fighting in self defense back then.
Who doesn't kill in self defense? Self defense is the most common reason for killing given.

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/sina41019.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just to give you some context I have been researching Islam this year. It started by accident really. As a new Christian (5 years or so) I just had a thought in my head about March to try to understand Islam. It has definitely been a culture shock to me. I still am far from having the facts and issues settled in my head. Answering those 10 questions (8 of 10) was like an end of year test.

HollowScar

Post by HollowScar »

You have passed the test, Mr. Wootah. Congratulations.

Anyways, my parents were never in my life religious. I was born in Bangladesh, but lived about 11 to 13 years in United Arab Emirates. I started living there since I was one. I went to an English school there, and did get punished here and there by the teachers. Islam was a subject we took, alongside others. Anyways, we would go to Bangladesh once in a while, and my uncle would take me to prayers. He is a good man, and someone I looked up to, as he was much more generous than my cruel father who was like a tyrant. I did go to Mosque with him, and prayed some prayers, even though I did not know everything. At the late age of eleven, my father finally hired an imam to teach us how to read Qur'an, and praying. After I learned it, my father would make sure that I prayed. He also made sure that we read the Qur'an, as he though that by doing so, we might bring some kind of good luck charm. Now, this is what I assume. He did hit me, when I was sitting there doing nothing, for me to read the Qur'an. Now, I don't have much complains, as he used to hit me for many things. I was never to observant in my religious dedication, until one day in Grade 10, years later in Canada, when I got 100% in a physics quiz. Now, I am not the smartest, so I would do bad in the quizzes even though I studied for them. After that, I began to pray, and kept praying everyday, waking up early in the morning to do so. I even finished the Qur'an once during Ramadan, while going to school. I was on the right track, and I even gave up masturbation :shock: for the longest time (maybe 11 months). I also stopped watching inappropriate stuff on the internet, although I still lusted at school. This was the best, and even then I felt different. I worked hard towards my studies, and even that did not work out too well. I suffered depression, and the emptiness inside me still remains to this day. I felt low, and defeated, as I did not bring awards and such home, like my sister did. I have always thought of committing suicide, but either did not have the guts to do it, or religion stopped me. I had such low self esteem, that I did not even attend my high school graduation ceremony. I though, that maybe like a movie, my life will improve. It didn't. I was still a practicing muslim in my first year of technical school. I did not know what I wanted to do, so out of someone's suggestion, I took Instrumentation Engineering Technology (Industrial), and slept through my first semester, failing a course, and being hated by one or two people for not being involved. I am now a second year student and still cannot pay attention. Many people in our class are either smart, or can pay enough attention to slack. As for me, I just cannot pay attention, so I have to leech of from other people to get information.

One day, my friend and I were talking about Christmas, and he called Jesus (PBUH), a bi**h. I was surprised, and then he told me that religion was baloney. I tried to reason with him, but he told me how in his country both the Muslims and Christians prayed all the time, but there was no prosperity. I told him that God was teaching them patience, and then I realized what I said did not make much sense. He also told me that there are certain billions of Chinese people in the world, and he asked me if they were all going to hell or not. Again, I could not reply. He then asked me questions like who created God, and I told him that is foolishness to ask. Again, I realized this was going nowhere. I told him that even, scientists cannot explain how something came out of nothing. He asked me who created God. That was it. He then added that religion was there to put fear into people's heart, and I understood. It was as clear as that.

I have just about an average I.Q., and cannot do basic math, but finally I realized that my path was an uncertain one. Everything only happens once we die, and that it does not take a genius to question this. By then, I was already in my final exams, so few people knew. I opened up to one of my friends, and we talked about it for more than an hour, and we had two exams the next day, both of them I failed, as I did not study for one, and the other one was not what I expected.

Believe it or not, I was very observant, and used to pray all five times, and read the Qur'an. I did not date anyone, or cause my parents trouble. I stayed at home and studied, and under their watchful eyes, I grew up naive, but obedient, and respectful. My mother would offer me alcohol from time to time, but I refused. My parents were even worried that I might join holy war and such. They would check on me from time to time, and they would say to be careful, or the FBI will take me away and put me in prison. Yesterday, my mother came to me, and she said that some Pakistani boy got caught, who had a beard, and searched something wrong. She told me without realizing, that their very son had a faithfreedom website minimized, and was researching the flaws of his very religion, which he was enforcing about half a year ago. Ah, the irony of life.

Today I realize one thing. At 19, I feel empty and hollow. I have no purpose. The computer has been a gift for me, and I usually spend time surfing the net or reading books. I cannot face my father who has been a tyrant for such a long time, and I do not have much to share with my mother. Even during winter break, I isolate myself in my room surfing the net. Religion was a crutch to me. A fairy tale which would finally take me to Heaven where I can drive a Lamborghini, and fall in love with someone who will be beautiful from the outside and inside. I did fear hell fire, but now I know, that in the end, it is about gaining or losing my faith, not about being a good person. I felt that there were many rappers who did not deserve their wealth, and that maybe there is justice, but I will never know in this life for sure. I feel like a doomed creature. You know the ones you see on television, who are cursed to roam the rest of their lives on Earth with that curse, and then die to face Hell. Somewhere inside me, I know I am wrong, as too many people follow religion, and maybe they do it for a reason after all.

Thank you all for reading my life. Hope, someone will learn something, and I might be of some good after all.

xtr00

Post by xtr00 »

wow i see a lot of ex muslims who just left islam for the following reason:

- Wealth (get home by loan involving interest)
- Fail to control carnal desire and left Islam ( alot of muslims are failing every day to control their carnal desire, but they don't leave Islam, rather the repent to God and seek His Forgiveness. Alas man is weak..
- Worried about Prayers and made it hard for you self by being lazy and not doing it for the sake of others (hiding from non-muslims, I do hide aswell, but i don't leave prayer)
- Fail to read Quran by yourself and fail to reflect on Quran, but rather looked at others who were doing wrong things in the name of Islam.
- Unable to avoid alcohol etc
- Struggle with other Muslims (specially ignorant)

I fall in couple of the category above, but I never though of leaving Islam, thanks to God.
I am really upset at myself for obeying my nafs amara (self-commanding). I only wish that God help me fight and strive against this nafs and relieve me from it.
In the end paradise and other bounties are not for those who take this world as a companion, but rather for those who:

control sexual desire
sleep less
eat less
talk less
remove the worldly desires from his/her heart such as for wealth, wife, children, husband, pride, fame etc..
love each other for the sake of God
etc

I feel sorry for those who left Islam just , i am very very sorry, only if you could have waited a bit more...

Quran
[2.155] We shall test you with something of fear and hunger, and decrease of goods, life and fruits. Give glad tidings to the patient,

Truly this life is nothing but merely a floating enjoyment, where we will be tomorrow, none knows, except the All-Wise and All-Knowing.

yeezevee

Post by yeezevee »

xtr00
I feel sorry for those who left Islam just , i am very very sorry, only if you could have waited a bit more...
Quran
[2.155] We shall test you with something of fear and hunger, and decrease of goods, life and fruits. Give glad tidings to the patient,
you are good man dear xtr00., that is the reason you feel sorry for people any way let me give you a better translation to that 2.155
002.155: And We will most certainly try you with somewhat of fear and hunger and loss of property and lives and fruits; and give good news to the patient,
But there is NOTHING new in that ayah dear xtr00., The verses that talk about "God Testing people" ..You could see such words in every religious scripture that you could read.. It is there in OT & NT and Pagan religious scriptures . Please realize that such goody goody cherries you find in Quran, you will find in every religious scripture that was there before Mr. Muhammad.

The New things that Mr. Muhammad brought in Quran THROUGH HIS MOUTH is the following.. Let us read a bit of it., and let me know if you need more
066.002: Allah indeed has sanctioned for you the expiation of your oaths and Allah is your Protector, and He is the Knowing the Wise.
Off course Allah is Protector.. BUT What did Allah Sanction?.. sanctioned for you what?? What Oaths are we talking about?? that is silly., Prophet Muhammad appears to be angry at something. Having 11 wives?? dealing with their problems becomes exponential.. So Call Allah for help??.. lol.. what a Man... But we have billion followers..
066.003: And when the prophet secretly communicated a piece of information to one of his wives-- but when she informed (others) of it, and Allah made him to know it, he made known part of it and avoided part; so when he informed her of it, she said: Who informed you of this? He said: The Knowing, the one Aware, informed me.
There you go.. What information was that? How to sleep with a slave of a wife??.. Ha!.. Allah knows the best. What a rubbish.. who are these IDIOTS that put this in Q'uran?? I think it did not happen., some idiots who put Quran together after the death of Allah during Calipha times must have added this NONSESNE., Hey Allah.. help me out here..
066.004: If you both turn to Allah, then indeed your hearts are already inclined (to this); and if you back up each other against him, then surely Allah it is Who is his Guardian, and Jibreel and -the believers that do good, and the angels after that are the aiders.
WHO BOTH?. two wives bitching at each other?? It happens man.. take it easy.. don't go to Allah.. Even Allah would have been in trouble with so many wives.. lol..
066.005: Maybe, his Lord, if he divorce you, will give him in your place wives better than you, submissive, faithful, obedient, penitent, adorers, fasters, widows and virgins.
There you go what a RASCAL., if you don't listen to me ALLAH SAYS "HE GETS ME BETTER WIFE"?? A SUBMISSIVE obedient adoring wife??

YOU WOMEN SHUT UP..other wise I will not sleep with you.. Allah said that to me..

WHAT A CROAK.. what a revelations .. Help me Allah.. help me.. MOVE THIS sh!t TO HADITH ...please. Now let us read more dangerous stuff for those who don't follow Mr. PBUH Islam.. read it dear xtr00
002.135 : And they say: Be Jews or Christians, you will be on the right course. Say: Nay! (we follow) the religion of Ibrahim, the Hanif, and he was not one of the polytheists
003.067 : Ibrahim was not a Jew nor a Christian but he was (an) upright (man), a Muslim, and he was not one of the polytheists.
003.095 :: Say: Allah has spoken the truth, therefore follow the religion of Ibrahim, the upright one; and he was not one of the polytheists. (look at that silly repetition)
005.082 : Certainly you will find the most violent of people in enmity for those who believe (to be) the Jews and those who are polytheists, and you will certainly find the nearest in friendship to those who believe (to be) those who say: We are Christians; this is

006.137 : And thus their associates have made fair seeming to most of the polytheists the killing of their children, that they may cause them to perish and obscure for them their religion; and if Allah had pleased, they would not have done it, therefore leave them and that which they forge.

009.036 : Surely the number of months with Allah is twelve months in Allah's ordinance since the day when He created the heavens and the earth, of these four being sacred; that is the right reckoning; therefore be not unjust to yourselves regarding them, and fight the polytheists all together as they fight you all together; and know that Allah is with those who guard (against evil).

009.113: It is not (fit) for the Prophet and those who believe that they should ask forgiveness for the polytheists, even though they should be near relatives, after it has become clear to them that they are inmates of the flaming fire

002.096 : And you will most certainly find them the greediest of men for life (greedier) than even those who are polytheists; every one of them loves that he should be granted a life of a thousand years, and his being granted a long life will in no way remove him further off from the chastisement, and Allah sees what they do.
Stupid people Silly book
yeezevee
Last edited by yeezevee on Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

xtr00

Post by xtr00 »

yeezevee wrote: But there is NOTHING new in that ayah dear xtr00., The verses that talk about "God Testing people" ..You could such words in every religious scripture that you could read.. It is there in OT & NT and Pagan religious scriptures ., Please realize that such goody goody cherries you find in Quran you will find in every religious scripture that was there before Mr. Muhammad.

The New things that Mr. Muhammad brought in Quran THROUGH HIS MOUTH is the following.. Let us read a bit of it., and let me know if you need more

066.002: Allah indeed has sanctioned for you the expiation of your oaths and Allah is your Protector, and He is the Knowing the Wise.
Off course Allah is Protector.. BUT What did Allah Sanction?.. sanctioned for you what?? What Oaths are we talking about?? that is silly., Prophet Muhammad appears to be angry at something. Having 11 wives?? dealing with their problems becomes exponential.. So Call Allah for help??.. lol.. what a Man... But we have billions followers..
Quote:

002.135 : And they say: Be Jews or Christians, you will be on the right course. Say: Nay! (we follow) the religion of Ibrahim, the Hanif, and he was not one of the polytheists

003.067 : Ibrahim was not a Jew nor a Christian but he was (an) upright (man), a Muslim, and he was not one of the polytheists.
003.095 :: Say: Allah has spoken the truth, therefore follow the religion of Ibrahim, the upright one; and he was not one of the polytheists. (look at that silly repetition)

005.082 : Certainly you will find the most violent of people in enmity for those who believe (to be) the Jews and those who are polytheists, and you will certainly find the nearest in friendship to those who believe (to be) those who say: We are Christians; this is

006.137 : And thus their associates have made fair seeming to most of the polytheists the killing of their children, that they may cause them to perish and obscure for them their religion; and if Allah had pleased, they would not have done it, therefore leave them and that which they forge.

009.036 : Surely the number of months with Allah is twelve months in Allah's ordinance since the day when He created the heavens and the earth, of these four being sacred; that is the right reckoning; therefore be not unjust to yourselves regarding them, and fight the polytheists all together as they fight you all together; and know that Allah is with those who guard (against evil).

009.113: It is not (fit) for the Prophet and those who believe that they should ask forgiveness for the polytheists, even though they should be near relatives, after it has become clear to them that they are inmates of the flaming fire

002.096 : And you will most certainly find them the greediest of men for life (greedier) than even those who are polytheists; every one of them loves that he should be granted a life of a thousand years, and his being granted a long life will in no way remove him further off from the chastisement, and Allah sees what they do

Stupid people Silly book
yeezevee

Thanks for calling us stupid..

Anyway 90% of the post had nothing to do with what i posted.

I don't see anything wrong with these verses :). It is like you telling me look for darkness in sky during the day, when all you see is light upon light.

yeezevee

Post by yeezevee »

xtr00 says
I am so sorry to call Muslims as fools who believe (not all folks)such verses as this one
66.001: "why do you forbid (yourself) that which Allah has made lawful for you"..
from Allah dear xtr00., did you know Allah/God in that verse is speaking to Prophet of Islam PBUH about women he wanted to sleep and Allah gives permission?? .. Not only permission in fact Allah encouraging Mr. Muhammad.. That is one heck of sick verse from Allah the Almighty..,

Any ways I am sure with little more experience in reading religious books you will become MORE INTELLIGENT
That is indeed true .. you do have point there..
I don't see anything wrong with these verses :). It is like you telling me look for darkness in sky during the day, when all you see is light upon light.
I know .. I know that xtr00., It takes a bit of time.. And it doesn't matter if you don't see anything wrong with such verses and words from Allah/God..

PLEASE CONTINUE TO READ & POST., you are indeed doing good..

with best wishes and happy new year..
yeezevee
Last edited by yeezevee on Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.

HollowScar

Post by HollowScar »

Read my story buddy. I did everything I could, but it is easy to be good and bad and good and bad. There is no logic. There is no response. You are supposed to have to angels on your shoulders who right you good and bad deeds. Where is the response. In my school, I don't just right one test after another. I get a response for each test, that shows me what I could do to improve. I believed in Islam too, but now I had some questions, and guess what. A scholar who can study for years, and years, but he cannot reply to an average person with the simple questions. There was a time when we could not question these people, but now we can point out the flaws with what limited intelligence we have. There are scientific errors, and such. God misguides, and if anything, he cheated me, and he is cheating you. We all deserve to know the one and only universal truth, but there are many. Even a professor of religious studies would have a hard time, claiming something to be the ultimate truth.

xtr00

Post by xtr00 »

HollowScar wrote:

Read my story buddy. I did everything I could, but it is easy to be good and bad and good and bad. There is no logic. There is no response. You are supposed to have to angels on your shoulders who right you good and bad deeds. Where is the response. In my school, I don't just right one test after another. I get a response for each test, that shows me what I could do to improve. I believed in Islam too, but now I had some questions, and guess what. A scholar who can study for years, and years, but he cannot reply to an average person with the simple questions. There was a time when we could not question these people, but now we can point out the flaws with what limited intelligence we have. There are scientific errors, and such. God misguides, and if anything, he cheated me, and he is cheating you. We all deserve to know the one and only universal truth, but there are many. Even a professor of religious studies would have a hard time, claiming something to be the ultimate truth.

If you truly believed in God, then don't you wonder how it would be when you meet Him?
If you seek negativity in anything, you will even see the positive stuff as negative, because that is how you see things now.
It is like you are trying to find darkness in light, sure you will convince yourself by claiming that the light is darkness, but that is how you see.

Let me tell you if you don't get answers, don't blame others, but rather learn it yourself. Because no one is perfect and not everyone knows about everything.

God misguides no one. Have you ever wonder when you were kid your parent threatened you that don't do that and this?. Truly they loved you more then anything, the threats they made were just to protect you from the harms.

Similar with the threats made by God, all He wants us to purify ourself and return to Him, and love Him they way He should be loved.

Knowledge has certain stages, first stage man is ignorant, knows nothing, second stage he claims to know everything, but man is ignorant again in this stage.
The third stage is when man realize that what he knows is nothing, that is a stage when man is no longer ignorant and surrender.

I am in the first stage, so i am ignorant at some stage, not entirely (again this is attribute of second stage).

Anyway life is too short to avoid the threats.

HollowScar

Post by HollowScar »

If you truly believed in God, then don't you wonder how it would be when you meet Him?
If you seek negativity in anything, you will even see the positive stuff as negative, because that is how you see things now.
It is like you are trying to find darkness in light, sure you will convince yourself by claiming that the light is darkness, but that is how you see.
I have always envisioned Heaven, and the positivity of it. I even believed that there would be a palace just for me, and everything, that I could never be in this Earth. I am trying to find the truth, which has nothing to do with illumination. If religion is light, then I should not have been unanswered. I did not have answers, and when I tried to look, I only found errors. Scientific, and logical. It is only through fear, we get controlled.
Let me tell you if you don't get answers, don't blame others, but rather learn it yourself. Because no one is perfect and not everyone knows about everything.
Learn it myself. This isn't a car, which I can tweak, and learn how to fix. This is a big issue. When the source in itself is corrupted, what can I learn? Should I just make a religion, that suits me?
God misguides no one. Have you ever wonder when you were kid your parent threatened you that don't do that and this?. Truly they loved you more then anything, the threats they made were just to protect you from the harms.
There are many flaws to your ideas. When parents are angry at you, they respond. When you ask them for something, they respond. When you do something, they ground you or hit you, so that you won't do it again. They don't put you in a closet of fire, where you could be tormented for eternity.
Similar with the threats made by God, all He wants us to purify ourself and return to Him, and love Him they way He should be loved.
If this God wanted to be loved, he would have guided us, by being within us. Everyday, someone suffers. Children get molested, and even priest or imams do bad things. God does not stop them, and neither does he tell us which religion is right. His holy book is among many others, which are all very basic, and do not have anything to stand out more than other religions.
Knowledge has certain stages, first stage man is ignorant, knows nothing, second stage he claims to know everything, but man is ignorant again in this stage.
The third stage is when man realize that what he knows is nothing, that is a stage when man is no longer ignorant and surrender.
I know nothing, but the Qur'an does not help me know everything. I am in third stage, and am looking for an answer.
I am in the first stage, so i am ignorant at some stage, not entirely (again this is attribute of second stage).
Yes, you are ignorant. You fear your religion to the point, of not opening your eyes, and facing the truth. Here are some truth to get you started,

Contradictions of days conversion
1. Quran 22: 47 A day in the sight of the Lord is like a thousand years of your reckoning. Quran-32:5: To Him, on a Day, the space whereof will be a thousands years of your rekoning.
2. Quran 70: 4 The angels and the spirit ascend unto him in a day the measure whereof is Fifty thousands years.

Moon and Sun have resting places
1. Quran 36: 38 And the sun runneth on unto a resting place for him. That is the measuring of the Mighty, the Wise.
2. Quran 36: 39 And for the moon We have appointed mansions till she return like an old shrivelled palm leaf.

Stars are only created to cast away Shaytan.
1. Quran 67: 5 And We have (from of old) adorned the lowest heaven (sky) with lamps, and We have made such (Lamps as) missiles to drive away Satans…
2. Quran 37: 6-8 We have indeed decorated the lower heaven (sky) with beauty (in) the stars, (for beauty) and for guard against all obstinate rebellious Satans. So they should not strain their ears in the direction of the Exalted Assembly but be cast away from every side.

The sky is a roof, whose only miracle is that it does not have any pillars. The sky does not need pillars. Mountains are not there to prevent earthquakes.
1. Quran 21: 32 And We have made the sky a roof withheld (from them). Yet they turn away from its portents.
2. Quran 31: 10 He hath created the heavens (Skies) without supports (pillars) that ye can see, and hath cast into the earth firm Mountains/Hills, so that it quake not with you; and He hath dispersed…
3. Quran 2: 22: Who has made the earth your couch, And the heavens (Sky) your canopy

Slave Girls???
1. Quran 23:5,6 who restrain their carnal desires (except with their wives and slave girls, for these are lawful to them.
- Maybe I could get some slave girls to make me happy.
Anyway life is too short to avoid the threats.
Life is short, but we are here to learn the truth, and use it to our benefit. It does not matter how many times you pray, as you have more to do than pray to a God, who never responds to you, and makes you fear the punishment of the grave. It is said that when the dead scream from the grave, only animals can hear. How come you don't see animals react?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSptLhTq ... re=related[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CucaqcLL3wc[/youtube]

natural_person

Post by natural_person »

Powerful words Hollow Scar,

I don't know about your math skills but you certainly write very well. And you are very observant. A real thinking human ! You question and reason and you are not afraid to arrive at different conclusions (than the "allowed" ones).

You are bright. People are different. Should not be compared to each other too much.
Anyhow, I allways wonder why Muslims cannot see how illigical is to "study" Islam only to be forced to end up with the same ONE conclusion; that the "prophet" was a holy men (!) and God chose him and talked to him! What a farce ! What a shame ! What an insult to God if there's a God !

Don't worry. You will be just fine. Certain habits were imposed on you . Habits are hard to break- especially mental slavery.

Your style in writing is very nice !

A Natural

yeezevee

Post by yeezevee »

natural_person
Powerful words Hollow Scar,
greetings and my good wishes dear natural_person ., forget Powerful words .. Hollow Scar sometimes scares the heck of me...

dear Hollow Scar., do you know anything about a person called Taslima Nasreen?

You may be interested in reading these threads in ffi

The Role Models For Muslimah
http://www.faithfreedom.org/forum2/view ... 0&start=22" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Countries and Culture Before and After ISLAM: Bangladesh
http://www.faithfreedom.org/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=3217" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bangladesh History: Forgotten Patriots and The New Patriots
http://www.faithfreedom.org/forum2/view ... 595896e7ef" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/132868" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

History in connection with violent expansion of Islam
http://www.faithfreedom.org/forum/viewt ... sc&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Greatest Poet of East – Allama Iqbal on Islam
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2592" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.faithfreedom.org/forum/viewt ... 0deb70236f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Effect of Islam on Muslim, The Human: Indian SubContinent
http://www.faithfreedom.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The African Continent., Before and after Islam
http://www.faithfreedom.org/forum/viewt ... db395b4015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Would you like to read some books of Taslima Nasreen dear Hollow Scar??
How come you don't see animals react?
here is a better video to watch on that..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is a lesson for those who are anti-Islam..

with best wishes to you both
yeezevee

HollowScar

Post by HollowScar »

Thank you Mr. natural_person, and Mr. yeezevee. I think you are giving me far too much credit than I actually deserve. I do not intend to scare anyone. I am a very ambivalent person, and am not a scholar. When I was a muslim, I would have to search the internet to debate someone. Now, everything is right in front of me. I can see the errors, and all one has to do is be open minded. Unfortunately, when you show the proofs to many muslims, they usually close their head, and defend themselves. They their that they have strong iman (faith), and they are wrong, because all they have is a belief, and nothing else.

Yes, Mr. yeezevee, I did hear about her. Although I think it was her culture, that also made her more resistant. When she was a doctor, she would get all these women who would cry when they gave birth to daughters. Note, that even Prophet Muhammad had daughters, and he said to love them. One day, she chose to write a book, about muslims killing a Hindu family. After this, she got into trouble, and had to leave her country.

It makes sense debating, what's already general knowledge. All you have to do is be open minded.

yeezevee

Post by yeezevee »

HollowScar
It makes sense debating, what's already general knowledge. All you have to do is be open minded.
yes dear HollowScar., yes.. "Be open minded" don't be a bigot., that is right advice., right suggestion to Muslims in the first case and non-Muslim who get raged due to actions of Muslims. But the problem is not with people but with faiths .. more importantly faith that uses brain washing its followers right from the baby years and uses for political activity. So the question is how to be open minded and how to open minds of close minded people?
Yes, Mr. yeezevee, I did hear about her. Although I think it was her culture, that also made her more resistant. When she was a doctor, she would get all these women who would cry when they gave birth to daughters. Note, that even Prophet Muhammad had daughters, and he said to love them. One day, she chose to write a book, about muslims killing a Hindu family. After this, she got into trouble, and had to leave her country.
I am glad you heard about her and I was under the impression that your culture is NOT THAT FAR from her culture But i don't think you have read any of her books., Off course Prophet Muhammad said that "Love your daughter" and he did love his daughter Fathima very much. Prophet of Islam was NOT THAT BAD GUY until his first wife Khadija died.. He was a Good man with good family background., The problem lies with the LAST 13 years of his life.

Anyways Some of these statements are UNIVERSAL in human beings for that matter animal kingdom dear HollowScar
"Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely"

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely"

" Great men with power are almost always bad men."
(..exceptions are rare..)

"Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it"
Good stuff to remember in life.. So the idea behind such statements is, some how when people realize how a good person ha gone wayward and is using power self interests., there should be a way/some mechanism to replace the guy., one need not wait for Allah to take him/her away...

Any ways So holidays are over.. what else is cooking?? GET BACK TO YOUR COLLEGE BOOKS/WORK ?? whatever..

with best wishes & happy new year.
yeezevee

HollowScar

Post by HollowScar »

yes dear HollowScar., yes.. "Be open minded" don't be a bigot., that is right advice., right suggestion to Muslims in the first case and non-Muslim who get raged due to actions of Muslims. But the problem is not with people but with faiths .. more importantly faith that uses brain washing its followers right from the baby years and uses for political activity. So the question is how to be open minded and how to open minds of close minded people?
Well, in Islam, it is easy to be open minded, as long as you choose to look at everything as a stranger rather than a follower. Of course, my country is the best, but it has many flaws. If I do not speak and learn about them, then what's stopping my county to be the next Dictatorship country? In Islam, we are lucky, because all we have to do is study it, and it becomes clear. As a non-arabic person, I would read the Qur'an, but to me it made sense. I have never read the Bukhari, or Sahih Muslim, so I was unaware. Mr. yeezevee, thank yuo and other members to wake me up.
I am glad you heard about her and I was under the impression that your culture is NOT THAT FAR from her culture But i don't think you have read any of her books., Off course Prophet Muhammad said that "Love your daughter" and he did love his daughter Fathima very much. Prophet of Islam was NOT THAT BAD GUY until his first wife Khadija died.. He was a Good man with good family background., The problem lies with the LAST 13 years of his life.
Yeah, he was a good man, but his actions have been psychotic, after claiming to be Prophet. Unfortunately, certain religions have similar flaws. For instance, Moses did kill a man, for gathering sticks in the Sabbath, just because God ordered him to do. Maybe, we are being critical on religions which were supposed to Barbaric, when there was no laws, but miracles.
Anyways Some of these statements are UNIVERSAL in human beings for that matter animal kingdom dear HollowScar
"Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely"

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely"

" Great men with power are almost always bad men."
(..exceptions are rare..)

"Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it"
Good stuff to remember in life.. So the idea behind such statements is, some how when people realize how a good person ha gone wayward and is using power self interests., there should be a way/some mechanism to replace the guy., one need not wait for Allah to take him/her away...
Yes, Mr. yeezevee. Power does corrupt. I recommend you to watch an anime called Death Note. You can watch all 37 episodes here, http://revolution-anime.net/index.php?/Death-Note-dub/ It is full of suspense, and even if you watch two or three episodes, you will be hooked. It is about a man who finds a notebook, where he could write the name, and the details about a person's death, and kill that person anonymously. He chooses to get rid of all the criminals, but becomes an anti-hero in the process.
Any ways So holidays are over.. what else is cooking?? GET BACK TO YOUR COLLEGE BOOKS/WORK ?? whatever..
My holidays are over on January 10th, as I have school the next day. I am in my fourth semester in Instrumentation (Industrial) Engineering Technology, so it will be a bit grueling. I am happy that now that I found the truth, I won't waste time on this religion, and just am waiting for the opportunity, to make my leave official.
with best wishes & happy new year.
yeezevee
You too, Mr. yeezevee. I have to sincerely thank you and other members for being there with me in my time of confusion. May you all have a prosperous and meaningful lives, filled with knowledge and love, and may you all have the ability to shun down Islam for all it's worth. Thank you.