Missing in Action

For Members General Chat, Booze or Zam Zam Cola for Tea Totalers.
RuyDiaz

Re: Missing in Action

Post by RuyDiaz »

Psycho Bunny wrote:
Ibn Rushd wrote:I didn't know you had changed your name, and I thought you didn't make the change over. I had almost forgotten you.
Ouch - that is blunt! Poor guy!
The strange smell in the air comes from the wound to my heart, mixed with my tears.... :(

:lol:

Ibn Rushd

Post by Ibn Rushd »

Smell?? Huh? :huh:
There is no Master but the Master, and QT-1 is his Prophet.

Asimov's robot story "Reason"

RuyDiaz

Post by RuyDiaz »

Ibn Rushd wrote:Smell?? Huh? :huh:
Oh, I guess it isn't clear.

I was playing around, pretending that your words had physically hurt me. That is, your words were like a wound to the heart, that made actual blood run, while I was crying from the emotional pain. Hence, the smell of blood and tears. :prop:

Ibn Rushd

Post by Ibn Rushd »

Ok, I guess that makes sense now. I was just trying to be friendly at the beginning and tell the truth.

IoshkaFutz

Post by IoshkaFutz »

Ciao Alkaliel!
“The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children.”
Dietrich Bonhoeffer - German Lutheran Pastor and Theologian. His involvement in a plot to overthrow Adolf Hitler led to his imprisonment and execution. 1906-1945

Kufeer

Post by Kufeer »

diotima64 wrote:I miss the old times in general, quite apart from any specific old friends... sigh. There WERE times, when things were a lot more fun around here... oh, and of course Gaul&Carthage is missed, as is Humandecency and many others.
I miss humandecency too. He was probably the funniest member ever. I sent him several PMs, but he hasn't responded yet. The last time he replied was back in 2007.
I also miss Miss Ruby, Agaricus, Sahara, and Sundried Atheist.

Chiclets

Post by Chiclets »

mrcommonsense.
gupsfu wrote:When someone uses the "taken out of context" argument without explaining what it's really supposed to mean, you know he's lying.
Muslims are so secure in their faith that they need to kill those who don’t share it.

The Cat

Post by The Cat »

A very saddening note:

It looks like charleslemartel has left the forum for good!
Authority has the same etymological root as authenticity.

Psycho Bunny

Post by Psycho Bunny »

The Cat wrote:A very saddening note:

Why would he do that?

The Cat

Post by The Cat »

Psycho Bunny wrote:
The Cat wrote:A very saddening note:

Why would he do that?
Personal reasons (I smell the grip of an angered wife).

viewtopic.php?p=129004#p129004" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As you must have noticed, I have almost quit this forum. The reasons are mostly personal which are more pressing than discussions or debates on some internet forum. But I do try to keep track of what is happening here as FFI is like a family to me. I have been here even before I decided to finally settle on the nick name of CharlesLeMartel. You, along with one or two other members, know who I was here before I adopted the nick of CM.

I hate to claim that I am a mystic myself, but that is how I see myself based on my own experiences in the occult, meditation, and other subjective fields. Apart from MBL, I haven't come across any other person who appears to understand what I say, even though I know that even we two would disagree on many issue.

I say all these things only because I don't know if I would be writing another post at this forum, and also because a very old post of mine was quoted here. I don't intend to take up the issue with The Cat or any one else here.

Now that I am writing something which might very well be might last post here, I wouldn't forget to mention Ioshka and PB. Both of them are people I truly respect. I have always loved to read their posts, and wouldn't let go of an opportunity to read them even if they were writing against me. The member I respected most, even ahead of Ali Sina himself, was THHuxley even though I never agreed with his views on Obama. It doesn't really matter whether Obama ultimately proves Ali Sina or THH or myself right in the ultimate analysis.

I beg forgiveness of everyone here if I hurt them in anyway ever simply because I never intended to hurt anyone in anyway. I have been treated as one of the privileged members here, and I truly appreciate the honor. My eyes have been shedding tears while I have been writing this post.

Thank you, everyone.
Authority has the same etymological root as authenticity.

Nomenclature

Post by Nomenclature »

Too many missing members, is this website slowly dying or is everyone just really busy?

Gauge123

Post by Gauge123 »

How is everyone? Gauge/Gaul&Carthage here...just thought I'd check in and see how everyone was going. Hi Diotima...what happened to Abdul Haseem?

diotima64

Post by diotima64 »

Gauge123 wrote:How is everyone? Gauge/Gaul&Carthage here...just thought I'd check in and see how everyone was going. Hi Diotima...what happened to Abdul Haseem?
Hi, Babe. How are you doing? You´re missed. :sly:

Gauge123

Post by Gauge123 »

Thanks Dio...missed you too...will pop in from time to time. So many old mates missing eh? I see Ali is going from strength to strength...good on him. A champion effort.

I miss Abdul Haseem, the old marine gunnery sergeant...hey brother, if you're out there somewhere reading this...my best to you always. You are sorely missed.
Last edited by Gauge123 on Tue May 17, 2011 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

diotima64

Post by diotima64 »

Gauge123 wrote:Thanks Dio...missed you too...will pop in from time to time. So many old mates missing eh? I see Ali is going from strength to strength...good on him. A champion effort.

I miss Abdul Haseem, the old marine gunnery sergeant...hey brother, if you're out there somewhere reading this...my best to you always. You're a sorely missed.
yep, lots of old friends are missing. The forum isn´t what it used to be in it´s glory days of jousting and parties being planned... nowadays, we get more rowdy folks of the "kill the commie-mussie" variety, than we used to. Sad... I spend a lot less time here, than I used to. :cry:

aceaxe2

Post by aceaxe2 »

diotima64 wrote "...we get more rowdy folks..."
I'm included in that category ? :lol:
If someone believe commit crime in the name of god is divine act , then he not far from becoming a terrorist

Gauge123

Post by Gauge123 »

You seem alright young fella...what are you all about then?

Nice to meet you. :)

skynightblaze

Post by skynightblaze »

Gauge123 wrote:How is everyone? Gauge/Gaul&Carthage here...just thought I'd check in and see how everyone was going. Hi Diotima...what happened to Abdul Haseem?
I remember your user name when I had joined the forum in 2007 but I dont remember interacting you. Anyway we have already met :lol: on issue of circus of elephants. Anyway welcome back!
Look around yourself and you'll find people with virtues are never required to demand respect since they automatically earn it. It is only those that are devoid of any virtues need to threaten and bully to gain respect. Needless to say that quran cannot be from God.

Gauge123

Post by Gauge123 »

Remember reading Ali in 1999 on the old Rational Thinking website...feck...that's 12 years ago! Time flies...seriously...

Nice to meet you to Blaze.

You seem like a gentle and thoughtful person in word...a good person...excellent.

Keep doing good.

:)

Ibn Rushd

Post by Ibn Rushd »

We're still planning parties! :wink: