can you figure out the translation error?

For Members General Chat, Booze or Zam Zam Cola for Tea Totalers.
manfred

can you figure out the translation error?

Post by manfred »

What time does the shop open in the evening?
Spoiler! :
The "ears of Morocco" are a correct but literal translation.... it says "azan al maghreb".... "Azan" means "ear" but also the call to prayer, and "maghreb" means "west" but is also the term used for the country of Morocco. It is also the term used for the Muslim evening prayer, to be performed near sunset, which is why it is called "west".

So the "ears of Morocco" means the azan (call to prayer) at sunset.
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"

SAM

Re: can you figure out the translation error?

Post by SAM »

There are about 2,500 spelling and grammatical errors made in Quranic texts such as spelling errors, and calls to rewrite and make the text easier to read for non-Arab Muslims and kafirs (present-day) and more linguistically correct.

For example, in Surah 68, verse 6, [the word] بِأَيِّيكُمُ ["which of you"] appears, instead of بأيكم. In other words, an extra ي was added. In Surah 25, verse 4, [the word] جَآءُو ["they committed"] appears, instead of جَاءُوا or جاؤوا. In other words, the alif in the plural masculine suffix وا is missing. In Surah 28, verse 9, the word امرأت ["wife"] appears, instead of امرأة. In 54 instances, the name إبراهيم [Ibrahim] appears… as إبراهم , omitting the letter ي , and the word سماوات ["skies"] is written in this way only once, whereas in 189 other instances it appears [incorrectly] as سموت, without the letter ا… The word قرآن ["Quran"] appears 68 times without the letter ا… The word سنة ["year"] appears eight times with the letter ة [at the end] and five times with the letter ت
Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion.
Say: "The Guidance of Allah,-that is the (only) Guidance."
(2:120)

manfred

Re: can you figure out the translation error?

Post by manfred »

I am astounded you say that SAM. You literally have taken my breath away.
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"