Happy New year

For Members General Chat, Booze or Zam Zam Cola for Tea Totalers.
manfred

Happy New year

Post by manfred »

To all the readers and contributors of our forum, a happy, healthy, peaceful and prosperous New Year.

At the changing of a year more than usual we become aware of time. Our time will one day run out, we know for sure, and yet we do not always appreciate the time we have. "37 seconds, lived to the full, is an entire lifetime" I heard in a movie the other day, I merely watched a little of, "Mr Magorium's wonder emporium". I was struck by that line, for it is not often you find such a profoundly true thing in a Hollywood movie.

How an amazing life we could live if we could live every second of it as if that was the only moment have.
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"

Fernando

Re: Happy New year

Post by Fernando »

Thank you, Manfred, and Best Wishes to all who correspond with us. May many scales fall from many eyes in 2017.
‘Hindus and Muslims belong to two different religious philosophies, social customs and literary traditions. They neither intermarry nor eat together, and indeed they belong to two different civilisations which are based mainly on conflicting ideas and conceptions.’ Muhammad Ali Jinnah

SAM

Post by SAM »

Happy New Year 2017 to all my beloved friends... :heartbeat: :bestwishes:
Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion.
Say: "The Guidance of Allah,-that is the (only) Guidance."
(2:120)

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Happy New Year.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.

sum

Post by sum »

Happy New Year everybody. I wish you all well.

sum

pr126

Post by pr126 »

SAM wrote: Happy New Year 2017 to all my beloved friends... :heartbeat: :bestwishes:
Tawriya

I assume that none of us here are your beloved friends.

Happy new year to all.
Islam: an idea to kill and die for.

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Thanks for the Abba, Ariel. I always felt it a sad song and now it sounds prescient alas.
‘Hindus and Muslims belong to two different religious philosophies, social customs and literary traditions. They neither intermarry nor eat together, and indeed they belong to two different civilisations which are based mainly on conflicting ideas and conceptions.’ Muhammad Ali Jinnah