Please lend support to Dr.Shalini Chawla

Do your part in taking action and mobilizing others to stop Islamic expansionism.
sisha

Please lend support to Dr.Shalini Chawla

Post by sisha »

Dr.Shalini Chawla is a woman who has been accused of Poisoning her husband when she was full term pregnant and was on Bed Rest[on her dactors reccommendation.]. She was also told that her husband had converted to Islam before his death .She and his Family Don't accept that could be true as her husband had not even talked to any body about such a move before he died of Heart attack.

Her husband had died two weeks before her delivery of their second child,a son. They also have a daughter,two years old.The Post Mortem report had declared that Dr.Ashish Chawla,who worked in a Hospital at Najran,had died of Cardiac Arrest,and had ruled out any foul play. When they had finished all formalities for taking the mother,her Children and his Mortal Remains back to India, Dr. Shalini was called to the Police station and told that her Husband had converted to Islam before he died. When they denied anything of that nnature happened,she was accused of Poisoning her Husband for converting to Islam.
please read the whole story and sign the petition at : http://www.thepetitionsite.com/22/reque ... s-of-india

sisha

Re: Please lend support to Dr.Shalini Chawla

Post by sisha »

The latest news is that Dr.Chawla and her month old child were released from detention but I don't know If or when they return to India.

sisha

Post by sisha »

An update on this story. I came across this just today. http://www.deccanherald.com/content/637 ... d.html#top" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

sisha

Post by sisha »

A happy [in the circumstances] news. Dr. Shalini Chawla has been released after a 10 month ordeal in Saudi detention. See link here: http://www.samachar.com/Indian-lady-doc ... ihfgg.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Thanks for the support. Sisha

wakeup

Post by wakeup »

Anyone who can come out alive out of deadly clutches of Saudis is extremely lucky person.

Whoever you are suggest all your friends to advise them never ever to go to Saudi Arabia or any Muslim country as much as possible.
If there was freedom of choice most religions would die an early death. All evil religions are cancer to the body of humanity. You are the oncologist please radiate this cancer with your enlightened knowledge. Islam will die a death soon. Meeks will inherit all and not the oppressors.

Idesigner

Post by Idesigner »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 154236.cms" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NEW DELHI: It was an ordeal that will haunt Dr Shalini Chawla for the rest of her life. Her husband died in his sleep of a heart attack in Saudi Arabia, where the couple worked. But she was told that he had converted to Islam and accused, without a shred of evidence, of poisoning him.

That was bad enough. But Shalini was then put behind bars with an infant in a foreign land and later kept confined to a home for months with hostile people around her and the fear of death hanging over her every living moment. It was an ordeal that could have broken the strongest of people. But on Thursday, a day after she landed in the capital with her husband's body, she was a picture of fortitude.

Tears welled up in her eyes as she stood with folded hands at the Uthala ceremony. Dr Ashish Chawla's body had finally been cremated at Nigambodh Ghat on Wednesday, bringing an end to a sordid tale of how human rights of Indians working abroad are violated.

Shalini and Ashish met as interns at Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, fell in love and married 10 years back. Four years ago, both accepted job offers from King Khalid Hospital in Nazran in Saudi Arabia. He joined as a cardiologist and she worked in the internal medicine department.

2010 in Dubai as she not only lost her spouse but was also accused of killing him. The hospital stated the cause of Dr Ashish Chawla's death as 'myocardial infraction' or a simple heart attack. In an advanced stage of pregnancy, Shalini had to look after her two-year-old daughter. She had already resigned from her job in anticipation of her second child and now she had to expedite the process of taking her husband's body back to India. On February 10, came her second child, Vedanta. It was a caesarian delivery which kept her confined to bed.

But the worse was yet to come. ''On March 1, Shalini was suddenly summoned to the local police station at Nazran and informed that on the basis of new evidence that her husband had converted to Islam before his death, she was being accused of poisoning him. Bewildered by the turn of events and seized by fear, she denied the allegations but was sent into detention at the police station on March 16 with her 34-day-old baby] She stayed there for 25 days and learnt that some Pakistani colleagues ]and locals had conspired in the whisper campaign. After being released, she was confined to the hospital campus with her movements severely restricted,'' said her paternal uncle, H Nagpal. Her family was sending her money which kept her going.

The body was preserved at the hospital and last rites disallowed. A second medical report from the Centre for Toxicology and Forensics confirmed the autopsy report that there had been no poisoning but there was no respite for her, and the days dragged on. The Indian consulate did pull some strings, with her uncle even meeting minister of state for external affairs Shashi Tharoor in Delhi, but things didn't move any faster.

Speaking to TOI on Thursday, Shalini said, ''They put me in jail with my newborn child for a crime I never committed.'' Ashish had never mentioned any intention of converting to Islam but the entire incident had assumed a communal colour and she was at her wits end.

''I lived with the two-year-old girl in the hospital complex when Shalini was sent to prison. Later, when she was released, we were so frightened. We could not go out fearing a backlash from the locals. We would go out only once a week,'' recalled Uma Nagpal, Shalini's mother.

Her father had passed away two years ago.

Barred from communicating with anybody, Shalini suffered severe mental trauma and agony. The case was now referred to the headquarters of the bureau of investigation and prosecution in Riyadh, which ordered a third autopsy by an independent panel of doctors.

It was once again confirmed that Ashish had died of a heart attack. Finally, the file was closed, and on December 3, she was given permission to leave the country.

Read more: Falsely accused of killing spouse, doc jailed in Saudi - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... z190DVax2B" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

********This is the latest about this poor tortured woman.

First news mentioned that her husband would be buried in muslim cemetary. Perhaps a condition by her torturers when they let her go.

Finally he husband was cremated. Looks like even Indian muslims might have refused burial there as there was no proof he was a convert. Or after coming to India , family decided to cremate him as the promise was extractacted under duress.

All along I had a hunch that some Pakistani collegues must be involved in mischief. I had no proof . Pakistani workers can be lot more islamic than even saudis and they are known for their trechery, doble dealing and jealousy.

My Sikh friend who left SA had similar experience. He was an engineer who had misfortune to share living quarters with a pakistani engineer. After few months this pakistani pressured, argued or cajoled Sikh into becoming muslim. Sikh argued and refused to convert. Some hot exchanges took place between to.Pakistani reported to Muttwah or religious police that Sikh insulted Islam. In this case Pakistani was fired and deported. Hope Saudis investigate the matter and does justice to this poor woman.

sisha

Post by sisha »

REALLY GREAT NEWS I am sure all members of FFI will enjoy this ending to this sad story.The irony is awesome.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed ... 42077.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This news on the Hindustan Times brings the story of Dr.Chawla to a satisfying Closure. Wishing her and her family all the very best in the future and may the New year ring in Healing and Happiness for them. :*) :prop:

sisha

Post by sisha »

Idesigner wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 154236.cms

NEW DELHI: It was an ordeal that will haunt Dr Shalini Chawla for the rest of her life. Her husband died in his sleep of a heart attack in Saudi Arabia, where the couple worked. But she was told that he had converted to Islam and accused, without a shred of evidence, of poisoning him.

That was bad enough. But Shalini was then put behind bars with an infant in a foreign land and later kept confined to a home for months with hostile people around her and the fear of death hanging over her every living moment. It was an ordeal that could have broken the strongest of people. But on Thursday, a day after she landed in the capital with her husband's body, she was a picture of fortitude.

Tears welled up in her eyes as she stood with folded hands at the Uthala ceremony. Dr Ashish Chawla's body had finally been cremated at Nigambodh Ghat on Wednesday, bringing an end to a sordid tale of how human rights of Indians working abroad are violated.

Shalini and Ashish met as interns at Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, fell in love and married 10 years back. Four years ago, both accepted job offers from King Khalid Hospital in Nazran in Saudi Arabia. He joined as a cardiologist and she worked in the internal medicine department.

2010 in Dubai as she not only lost her spouse but was also accused of killing him. The hospital stated the cause of Dr Ashish Chawla's death as 'myocardial infraction' or a simple heart attack. In an advanced stage of pregnancy, Shalini had to look after her two-year-old daughter. She had already resigned from her job in anticipation of her second child and now she had to expedite the process of taking her husband's body back to India. On February 10, came her second child, Vedanta. It was a caesarian delivery which kept her confined to bed.

But the worse was yet to come. ''On March 1, Shalini was suddenly summoned to the local police station at Nazran and informed that on the basis of new evidence that her husband had converted to Islam before his death, she was being accused of poisoning him. Bewildered by the turn of events and seized by fear, she denied the allegations but was sent into detention at the police station on March 16 with her 34-day-old baby] She stayed there for 25 days and learnt that some Pakistani colleagues ]and locals had conspired in the whisper campaign. After being released, she was confined to the hospital campus with her movements severely restricted,'' said her paternal uncle, H Nagpal. Her family was sending her money which kept her going.

The body was preserved at the hospital and last rites disallowed. A second medical report from the Centre for Toxicology and Forensics confirmed the autopsy report that there had been no poisoning but there was no respite for her, and the days dragged on. The Indian consulate did pull some strings, with her uncle even meeting minister of state for external affairs Shashi Tharoor in Delhi, but things didn't move any faster.

Speaking to TOI on Thursday, Shalini said, ''They put me in jail with my newborn child for a crime I never committed.'' Ashish had never mentioned any intention of converting to Islam but the entire incident had assumed a communal colour and she was at her wits end.

''I lived with the two-year-old girl in the hospital complex when Shalini was sent to prison. Later, when she was released, we were so frightened. We could not go out fearing a backlash from the locals. We would go out only once a week,'' recalled Uma Nagpal, Shalini's mother.

Her father had passed away two years ago.

Barred from communicating with anybody, Shalini suffered severe mental trauma and agony. The case was now referred to the headquarters of the bureau of investigation and prosecution in Riyadh, which ordered a third autopsy by an independent panel of doctors.

It was once again confirmed that Ashish had died of a heart attack. Finally, the file was closed, and on December 3, she was given permission to leave the country.

Read more: Falsely accused of killing spouse, doc jailed in Saudi - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... z190DVax2B" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

********This is the latest about this poor tortured woman.

First news mentioned that her husband would be buried in muslim cemetary. Perhaps a condition by her torturers when they let her go.

Finally he husband was cremated. Looks like even Indian muslims might have refused burial there as there was no proof he was a convert. Or after coming to India , family decided to cremate him as the promise was extractacted under duress.

All along I had a hunch that some Pakistani collegues must be involved in mischief. I had no proof . Pakistani workers can be lot more islamic than even saudis and they are known for their trechery, doble dealing and jealousy.

My Sikh friend who left SA had similar experience. He was an engineer who had misfortune to share living quarters with a pakistani engineer. After few months this pakistani pressured, argued or cajoled Sikh into becoming muslim. Sikh argued and refused to convert. Some hot exchanges took place between to.Pakistani reported to Muttwah or religious police that Sikh insulted Islam. In this case Pakistani was fired and deported. Hope Saudis investigate the matter and does justice to this poor woman.

@ I designer Thanks for putting this story up. Interesting to know about your friend. This is what they had tried with Drs.Chawla.
I saw the report in Hindustan Times[link given in My earlier comment] where Her uncle was quoted as saying that they could get the family with the body out of KSA only after giving a written undertaking to the authorities ,that she is waiving any claims to Financial compensation from the govt. of KSA for the wrongful confinement,and a promise to bury her husband as a Muslim. They refuse to buy the argument that he may not have converted to Islam and are trying to put her in a catch-22,apart from a Dhimmi situation. It says much for her fortitude,in that she was able to keep on repeating the Truth as she knew it,even after Losing her husband so tragically ,just 10 days before her delivery, being arrested within a month of her delivery by CS,and Feeding and taking care of her infant,and the subsequent house arrest .HATS OFF to her.
I am not able to understand the Media not picking up this story the way they did Dr.Haneef's. Is it because ,that otherwise,it might have been even more difficult to get her out [because they become belligerent and refuse her justice?}].That is the only charitable explanation I am able to come-up with.Though,I am more inclined to be cynical about the Indian Press,entirely. Would you believe it only two papers ,the HT and DH ,reported on this store in April and no other paper even bothered about this.The only updatwe was Sashi Tharoors Tweet that she was released after 25 days in detention,through the efforts of the Embassy and her Family.
It showed up the media in India even before the current Radia-tape controversy.
I have been following this case in the media since it first came out.And I am unable to find any explanation for this behaviour of theirs except that they did not want to be seen supporting the Majority Community,in India. Any Way ,The bottomline is that She is now safe.I also hope tghat other Indians in KSA Prison's get to Freedom soon.
Happy New Year and Happy Holidays.

sisha

Post by sisha »

wakeup wrote:Anyone who can come out alive out of deadly clutches of Saudis is extremely lucky person.

Whoever you are suggest all your friends to advise them never ever to go to Saudi Arabia or any Muslim country as much as possible.
Totally agree with you,If only Things were that simple.

Idesigner

Post by Idesigner »

Finally times of India followed up the story and there was discussion of the incident on the blog.

This lady showed lots of courage. Many women would have given in and would have converted to Islam. Or many would have declared Islam as peaceful religion. We know of many women captives who have either converted to Islam or had high praise for Islam after they leave islamic hell hole. They all atleast praise hospitality of their captors. We dont know what kind of brain women have but they can become zombie so far religion is concerened. Looks like they have brain of reptile, knows survival only. :*) . This lady did not do none of that. Looks like she hates Soddy Frrabia and Islam

Imagine what would have happened to this lady if she recanted her religion.Or admitted that yes husband became muslim and she did not kill him. Now she has seen the light and in his memory she is becoming muslim. All charges would have been dropped. Free condo in Riadhh or even in Mecca, secure job and jobs for all her relatives in SA. And ofcourse some ass hole Imran, Irfan or Pevez doctor in the bed. :lol: Plus dual citizenship of Porkistan.

sisha

Post by sisha »

Idesigner wrote:Finally times of India followed up the story and there was discussion of the incident on the blog.

This lady showed lots of courage. Many women would have given in and would have converted to Islam. Or many would have declared Islam as peaceful religion. We know of many women captives who have either converted to Islam or had high praise for Islam after they leave islamic hell hole. They all atleast praise hospitality of their captors. We dont know what kind of brain women have but they can become zombie so far religion is concerened. Looks like they have brain of reptile, knows survival only. :*) . This lady did not do none of that. Looks like she hates Soddy Frrabia and Islam

Imagine what would have happened to this lady if she recanted her religion.Or admitted that yes husband became muslim and she did not kill him. Now she has seen the light and in his memory she is becoming muslim. All charges would have been dropped. Free condo in Riadhh or even in Mecca, secure job and jobs for all her relatives in SA. And ofcourse some ass hole Imran, Irfan or Pevez doctor in the bed. :lol: Plus dual citizenship of Porkistan.
"Finally times of India followed up the story and there was discussion of the incident on the blog+ Could you please post the link.was it different from the News Article or did you mean the article itself; I would like to read it.,the blog by one who is not politically correct but truthful sounds interesting.

Idesigner

Post by Idesigner »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl ... 144891.cms" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There were more responses in yesterdays' paper.

sisha

Post by sisha »

Thanks iDesigner, I had read that story,which was written after the one on my link. But it is unfortunate that in India only a few papers carry this story,and their is no Editorials or any other opinion from the Journos on this story unlike Dr. Haneefs,whe all the ELM went 27*7,and even the PM shed tears and lost Sleep over his detention on terror charges{he had given his mobile to his cousin,who died doing Jihad,and a oneway tkt out of the country].Why even the Women's Commission did not bother to protest or even give opinion. That is both perplexing and Shocking,That only if the person is from "Certain " politically Correct Groups they /their needs will get highlighted.Look at Amnesty International talking for B.Sen whose was found guilty of helping Maoists.They are speaking against his conviction,but I did not hear a squeak from them the Past 10-11 months when Dr.Shalini was held in detention.
BTW, I agree with you.She showed great fortitude in her circumstances,and has emerged victorious. Thank God/Goodness things went her way.
By the way Is it OK to have this discussion in this thread itself? or would it be considered inappropriate,now that Dr.Shalini is safe. I am thinking of writing it out in one complete story.,especially questioning the IndianMedia 's reaction vis a vis other stories of similar cases.

Idesigner

Post by Idesigner »

sisha wrote:Thanks iDesigner, I had read that story,which was written after the one on my link. But it is unfortunate that in India only a few papers carry this story,and their is no Editorials or any other opinion from the Journos on this story unlike Dr. Haneefs,whe all the ELM went 27*7,and even the PM shed tears and lost Sleep over his detention on terror charges{he had given his mobile to his cousin,who died doing Jihad,and a oneway tkt out of the country].Why even the Women's Commission did not bother to protest or even give opinion. That is both perplexing and Shocking,That only if the person is from "Certain " politically Correct Groups they /their needs will get highlighted.Look at Amnesty International talking for B.Sen whose was found guilty of helping Maoists.They are speaking against his conviction,but I did not hear a squeak from them the Past 10-11 months when Dr.Shalini was held in detention.
BTW, I agree with you.She showed great fortitude in her circumstances,and has emerged victorious. Thank God/Goodness things went her way.
By the way Is it OK to have this discussion in this thread itself? or would it be considered inappropriate,now that Dr.Shalini is safe. I am thinking of writing it out in one complete story.,especially questioning the IndianMedia 's reaction vis a vis other stories of similar cases.
When muslims are gulty party, Hindus lose all human rights in India. No one likes to talk about Kashmiri Hindus, or Hindu victims in Keral.

We should send a letter expressing support to this woman and her family.. We should also write to PM, Soniya, BJP, RSS, All India Sikhs organizations etc.D No one came to help this Punjabi sister.

We can consolidate this thread with similar thread in Breaking news on Islam.

I dont have any sympathy for that Bonghi Dr. Sen His wife worked as a whore for ISI. Let them rot in hell hole of Kolkotta.. Chances are Maoist will free them.